Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 12, 2012 9:15 PM

Jan 2010
This was a very enjoyable chapter. I always liked how Unohana is able to intimidate basically anyone, and now we have an even better reason why.

For those getting bad vibes about the Spirit King, I also can't shake that something doesn't feel quite right. Honestly I've had a strange feeling coming from the 0-Squad since they have shown up.

I still remember the end of the Aizen fight where he is yelling at Urahara Kisuke about serving "it". He seems so passionately furious towards the Spirit King I can't help but wonder about it.
jniteDec 12, 2012 9:22 PM
Dec 12, 2012 9:32 PM

May 2012
Very interesting chapter. I definitely wasn't expecting that ending.
Dec 12, 2012 11:42 PM
Mar 2009
Shunsui becoming captain? Expected.

Unexpected? Unohana being a Kenpachi and her name being Yachiru. Aww shit, Kenpachi is about to get crazzzzy.
Dec 13, 2012 1:53 AM
Jul 2012
iLostReason said:
Also, Renji seemed to barely stand after Yakuza's punch.Good that Yakuza didnt say anything and just let him go.

Archnemesis said:

As i said, there was no reaction after punching ichigo, but he notices something when he punches renji. Then he clenches his fist and turns around, immediately dismissing Renji? I dont know, i just cant see it being ichigo. Unless it was his Blut Vene for a split second? Plus its kinda vague, with the fact he doesn't mention any names.

but it's Renji's fist...you can clearly see bandages?.Yakuza guy even said that Ichigo did something to his hand.

Ah right, ive re-read those pages and i can see it now. How the hell did i get that so mixed up? NTS: read bleach sober next time :$
Dec 13, 2012 2:27 AM
Sep 2011
Viole_Grace said:
Tenjirou referring to Ichigo "I can see why the king of souls would fall for him" ??? Is the soul king a little fruity or is the translation a little off?

LOL I know right? I was like WTH while laughing. I mean maybe the butterfly king is actually a girl? and king is just a title?

oh man i laughed so hard that my eyes started watering.

but maybe its meant more of a type of respect type thing? idk

oh i know. when they were talking about whether ichigo and company were going to survive maybe it all depends on Ichigo accepting the kings affections lol.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Dec 13, 2012 2:31 AM
Sep 2011
jnite said:
This was a very enjoyable chapter. I always liked how Unohana is able to intimidate basically anyone, and now we have an even better reason why.

For those getting bad vibes about the Spirit King, I also can't shake that something doesn't feel quite right. Honestly I've had a strange feeling coming from the 0-Squad since they have shown up.

I still remember the end of the Aizen fight where he is yelling at Urahara Kisuke about serving "it". He seems so passionately furious towards the Spirit King I can't help but wonder about it.

srry for double post.

hmm thats a good point. well the king is all glittery and butterflyie so its not that much of a stretch to say it. actually when i think of the king for some reason i think of owl saying twitterpated from bambi
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Dec 13, 2012 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
Not real surpise in this chap, I mean it is crazy as f*ck, awesome, I shuddered!

But Shunsui command-captain was sure... And Unohana badass too, because in the past, Shunsui and Ukitake said they are scary by Unohana, she is a monster, etc... =P. But we know why now, and it's jklrhbfiulsdhl awesome ! =P

And we'll have a Zaraki as a second of Unohana, so he'll be more and more a crazy awesome killer =P.

I don't know for you, but I can't wait to read the next one, and other one, and... *-*
NeecowDec 13, 2012 10:54 AM
Dec 13, 2012 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
I love how Kubo makes characters look so sinister, that panel with Unohana at the end was cool.
Dec 13, 2012 8:21 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, that was a great chapter.
Dec 14, 2012 7:24 AM

Mar 2009
wow wow wow this is kinda too much :o
omg Shunsui is the new commander yehaaaaaaaaaa ! that's nice ^^
And Unohana. Way to go girl. First Kenpachi wow awesomeness. Can't wait to see it. Omg her name is Yachiru <3 lovely.
Dec 14, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2011
So we have Ichigo and Renji all healed up and off to see the spirit king, Kyouraku being promoted to Captain Commander and wanting two lieutenants, Kenpachi being trained (hopefully we will see his shikai at least), and last but not least Unohana's real name being Yachiru and being the first Kenpachi! What a productive chapter compared to last week's!
Dec 14, 2012 12:01 PM

Nov 2009
So the Lieutenant of the 1st Squad has in the past been presented as having a Captain's white Jinbaori/Haori. But was that part of the station or just something that former Lieutenant Sasakibe did?

If it is part of the station, and if there's going to be two Lieutenants, do they both get the extra white garb?

....Oh and I suppose if Kyoraku is taking Nanao with him this leaves both a Captain and Lieutenant vacancy to also speculate about, but who cares about that, right?
Dec 14, 2012 3:52 PM
Jun 2012
I can't wait to see who the next Squad 8 Captain and Lieutenant are going to be! I believe it's gonna be a combination of the remaining Vizards (Love, Lisa, Hiyori, Mashiro, Hacchi). I'm probably wrong though.
Dec 14, 2012 4:11 PM

May 2011
Zogundar said:
....Oh and I suppose if Kyoraku is taking Nanao with him this leaves both a Captain and Lieutenant vacancy to also speculate about, but who cares about that, right?

I wonder who the possible candidates would be. Urahara likely wants nothing to do with them any more (though he's still a possibility), and Ikkaku would definitely refuse.
Dec 14, 2012 4:20 PM

Dec 2007
-Shuda- said:
Zogundar said:

I wonder who the possible candidates would be. Urahara likely wants nothing to do with them any more (though he's still a possibility), and Ikkaku would definitely refuse.

Well, Love was a captain in the past, perhaps after Fake Karakura he lost in janken because there were 3 captain seats available and 4 vaizards, so now he can go back to his "but still no one cares about him" status ;].
Oh, and also...
"Fai" said:
Unohana. Called it

Nope. I can't recall that you said she was the first Kenpachi. You'd only repeated Kubo's words from some interview and info from databooks taht she is supposed to be uberstrong.
"Fai" said:
Also 0th Squad continues being shady.

Uhuh, like their "shady" reasons for not taking Zaraki with them, which turned out to be training with Unohana.
PutyDec 14, 2012 4:30 PM

Dec 14, 2012 11:32 PM
Dec 2012
I don't remember but when ichigo reached bankai did he also become stronger in shikai form?
Dec 15, 2012 12:21 AM

Nov 2009
What a big teas with the soul king, but at least the actual plot is moving forward.
Dec 15, 2012 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, just wow, cant wait for net week.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 18, 2012 6:49 AM

Jul 2009
Shunsui was certainly the logical choice to be the new Captain-Commander. Ukitake was probably the only other candidate and he's always in poor health.
Dec 27, 2012 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
Ok, this is all cool and badass and all, but come on! am I the only one?! XDD

*feel like a new OTP is coming!*
Dec 27, 2012 1:22 PM

Apr 2008
*Brain wanes then comes back*....

I am very happy for Kyoraku and wish him the best, and shocker at the end. So she's like..

If there's ten Kenpachi titles before, did Uno like give up and become a medic to suppress bloodlust or something like that? Or she dislikes slaughter or being in the frontlines.

Good grief...
Dec 29, 2012 12:36 AM
Jul 2011
I remember the seed for Unohana power hype was planted from the info mention in the databook long ago, I didn't expect it be tie into her being the first Kenpachi though. That was an amazing reveal.

I always liked how Zaraki Kenpachi was basically the "Ichigo of Soul Society" in terms of potential and now they really gonna expand on it. Unohana teaching him gotta lead to some amusing and badass moments.
Jan 3, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2009
Train Zaraki? Hell yeah!! Woah Unohana used to be called Kenpachi?! What is her true power cant wait
Jun 4, 2013 7:58 AM

May 2012
Killer is Dead is coming soon.

the first kenpachi lol
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 22, 2014 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
I got the shivers after reading this chapter.
May 23, 2014 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
Meh,this was boring.

Sep 14, 2016 1:19 PM

Jun 2016
"First Kenpachi" Unohana :0
Jan 24, 2017 12:59 PM
Dec 2013
Zero_Motivation said:
Tenjirou referring to Ichigo "I can see why the king of souls would fall for him" ??? Is the soul king a little fruity or is the translation a little off?

I think you know by now what he meant by saying "The king would fall for him"
He meant it literally, and not in an emotional way.
Jun 8, 2017 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
Unohana was the first Kenpachi!!!
May 5, 2020 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
Unohana was a beast huh.
Dec 14, 2021 8:52 AM

Nov 2019
Shunsui’s promotion was predictable, but Unohana’s past totally wasn’t. Can’t wait to learn more about her!
Oct 8, 2022 9:20 AM

Apr 2021
So Kyoraku's the captain commander now huh. And Unohana??? Man, that came as a shocker!!!!
Oct 29, 2022 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
So Unohana was the first Kenpachi! Well I kinda already got spoiled on that but still cool!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.