Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 14, 2012 4:48 AM

Feb 2008
Night Nine fared rather well against Koko's squad, as expected. Too bad they effectively lost their situational awareness. Though, their retreat was quite dignified as well, like ghosts.

I didn't expect the Jormungand plan would be so profound, she really is able to sacrifice around 700 000 people for the end of wars and knock the humanity back a century... I wonder how the little cliffhanger plays out.
Dec 14, 2012 5:44 AM
Jun 2008
If they can't use gun , they can still use sword&hammer to kill each other .lol
Koko can control the sky but she can't control human hatred . Koko's idea is no different than the Hiroshima incident .xD
Dec 14, 2012 11:26 AM
May 2009
Not sure if anyone remembers this, but I called it.

Jonah = Koko's conscience
Dec 14, 2012 1:04 PM
Oct 2012
Lil_Wayne said:
Not sure if anyone remembers this, but I called it.

Jonah = Koko's conscience

Sorry for being a detailed ass on this, but it does serve to point out the outstanding writing that the author put into this work, which needs to be highlighted. R said the same thing back when Bookman authorized Hex to take out Jonah. Great laying of the groundwork some 8-10 episodes in advance.

Will be interesting to see how both react to developing events after this moment.

Takuan_SohoDec 14, 2012 1:07 PM
Dec 14, 2012 3:33 PM

Mar 2008
That was awesome. But in the end, even though it was awesome and Koko's plan is smart, she's just one more lunatic that believes she must take away people's freedom in order to achive peace.

Sure, we all loose a little of our freedom by being part of society, but having control of who can use the skies and hence modern comunications is just too much.

People are also understimating Koko's plan. Oh, in the past people did stuff without planes and satellites... Well, we don't live in the past. Our current society is built around those tecnologies. If someone could take control of it...
Dec 15, 2012 5:03 AM

Jan 2011
I don't really understand why Koko would just blew up everything in the air. Just force everything to return to where it came from and blow up anything that dares to take off.
Koko kissed Jonah in the bath, but Jonah doesn't give shit and goes against her plans anyway.
I wonder what Jonah can do about it, since Koko will probably go nuts when something happens to him.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 15, 2012 7:45 AM

Oct 2010
hey hey hey she surpassed kira from death note light wanted to play GOD and kiko is trying to be better than GOD.
Dec 16, 2012 1:28 PM

Nov 2012
An action pack episode feel with great music , a kiss , and a surprising plot twist. Wow, halt the skies to stop future wars. I really don't know if sacrificing nearly 700,000 people is a good thing or not. But Jonah is piss about it big time, really can't wait for the next episode!!!!!
Dec 16, 2012 3:46 PM
Dec 2012
What is the song playing the background when Koko reveals her plan?
Dec 16, 2012 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
Vepenar said:
What is the song playing the background when Koko reveals her plan?

Unfortunately we still don't have a name to that French rap insert song, we might have to wait for the OST for Jormungand: Perfect Order. I believe it's also the same background music they played back in episode 1 when they've launched the last rocket in Solomon Island for HCLI's global network of satellites.

The first half of the episode was quite exciting. When the SAGEM Sperwer's two Spike LR missiles just obliterated the Predator I knew she already had the upper hand and then she did "magic". >_< Unfortunately Bookman hasn't heard any of Clarke's three laws, the third one states: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Take this quantum computer, it's magic! XD

Anyway that plan is really loco, eh? She has a quantum computer, she might really pull it off with that same "magic"! Or not. LOL Let's see what's next...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 18, 2012 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
HOLY- Wow.
That was quite the turn of events and that last part...!!!

just jumped from 8/10- 9/10 <3
Dec 18, 2012 9:11 AM

Oct 2011
oh my. Loved everything about this episode! This was the best episode until now of perfect order!

Gyaaah Jonah! Can't wait to see how Koko reacts next episode~

5/5
Dec 18, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2012
Them eyes!

I was waiting for it and it happened, a confrontation between Koko and Jonah, Koko sure didn't expect that.
Dec 20, 2012 4:30 PM

Mar 2009
OTP! OTP! I tell you!! *q*
Dec 22, 2012 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
marcosmk said:
Amon-Raw said:
...As much as people argue about government it's what makes are society work since the time of Jesus. ...

And that worked out great for him, it is not like we nailed him to a cross or anything.

Also, a point I believe most are forgetting, is that Koko would still have the tech on her side. Send an army against her which can only fire their guns, her satellites will see them first and she will rain down hell on them.

Ya sure I exaggerated the statement but even with Jesus dying government is essential is it not?
Koko's plan is still stupid and is no different than a terrorist she would just be the world's enemy.
She thinks she can stop world violence by taking peoples freedom to fly.
Can't believe you knit picked that one statement out of everything else I said.
Government is what formed most of the world. King and Queens is a form of government. Don't know why you arrogantly picked this statement.

Moron said:
Read some comments here and am amazed that some people actually think that killing 700k is fine just because the number of casualties in history amounts to far greater than that. I'm sure that if within that 700k, a few are your most important, beloved people, it's not fine at all. Which, I think, is why Jonah was mad. I guess Koko is 90% Dragon now and Jonah is acting as the leash.

Yeah they think because it's anime what ever message it sends should be accepted and is right. A lot of people actual think killing people on planes would lead to world peace. Basically Koko is trying to be the world Government without actually listening to the people.
Amon-RawDec 22, 2012 6:10 PM
Dec 23, 2012 4:09 AM

Sep 2012
To anyone wondering about the song that plays when Koko reveals her plan, here it is.

Dec 25, 2012 8:16 PM

Aug 2008
Am I a shotacon? I kept rewatching the kiss scene like 5 times!

Oh my, Jonah turned his back! But I was expected him to object her in some way...
KuriniDec 25, 2012 8:52 PM
Dec 26, 2012 12:28 AM

Aug 2012
Amon-Raw said:
marcosmk said:
Amon-Raw said:
...As much as people argue about government it's what makes are society work since the time of Jesus. ...

And that worked out great for him, it is not like we nailed him to a cross or anything.

Also, a point I believe most are forgetting, is that Koko would still have the tech on her side. Send an army against her which can only fire their guns, her satellites will see them first and she will rain down hell on them.

Ya sure I exaggerated the statement but even with Jesus dying government is essential is it not?
Koko's plan is still stupid and is no different than a terrorist she would just be the world's enemy.
She thinks she can stop world violence by taking peoples freedom to fly.
Can't believe you knit picked that one statement out of everything else I said.
Government is what formed most of the world. King and Queens is a form of government. Don't know why you arrogantly picked this statement.

Moron said:
Read some comments here and am amazed that some people actually think that killing 700k is fine just because the number of casualties in history amounts to far greater than that. I'm sure that if within that 700k, a few are your most important, beloved people, it's not fine at all. Which, I think, is why Jonah was mad. I guess Koko is 90% Dragon now and Jonah is acting as the leash.

Yeah they think because it's anime what ever message it sends should be accepted and is right. A lot of people actual think killing people on planes would lead to world peace. Basically Koko is trying to be the world Government without actually listening to the people.

Nothing in this plan would actually stop militaries from operating. Man has been at war long before there was GPS and air travel.

What it would do, however, is hamstring the US Military which I guess is the real target of the Jormungand author's ire. The plan makes no sense as a plan for "World Peace" but then all "World Peace" advocates are brainless utopians.

The supposed master plan in fact gives less developed militaries far more leeway in operating, they'll have less to fear from an expeditionary and pre-eminent Air-Force, Navy, and Army...Jormungand will only inhibit advanced militaries and prevent them (read: the US) from responding. So basically, the US Military loses alot of information and mobility and some logistics. So I guess if you believe the US is responsible for all war in the world, this plan gets your rocks on.

But if you know better, you know that this will just lead to an outbreak of localized wars much like how the World Wars started out.

Make no mistake, Koko doesn't actually hate war no matter what she says. She just wants a version of the USAF and USN's air-superiority/denial capabilities on steroids. And obviously, she wants to appoint herself President and CINC of the World.

Yep, that's the "World Peace" crowd for ya.

The bloodiest war in recent memory was not fought or carried out using planes or GPS, but with machetes in the middle of a continent where there was no information or logistics until the graves were filled and buried. Worse, the major disruptions in the local economies will cause anarchy and civil wars to erupt. Most of humanity is concentrated on the shorelines because of the open shipping lanes and access to food and material commodities. Whole populations have built up over the decades precisely because of this open access to the commons (kind of like how city-dwellers think food comes from a grocery store). If you were to suddenly tighten the spigot, if you were to disrupt the efficiency of these sea lanes for countries like India, China and Japan by denying GPS (not to mention the means to earn cash to buy foodstuffs), it's like closing down transportation lines between a populous city and the countryside that feeds it. There would be immediate chaos in the city based on the spike in food prices alone.

Those are just a couple of the countless aspects in the "this does not prevent war" compedium of Koko's half-baked plan. Koko (or whoever wrote her character) is either a fool or thinks her viewership is.

I guess if there is a realistic representation in Jormungand I can agree with, it's about this constant baying for "World Peace"; the fact that the "World Peace" and "Citizens of the World" crowd are, in reality, fascists. People who oppose them know what pining for "World Government" really means and what it would take to make it a utopian "reality"; that the One-Worlders are selling snake-oil and utopian hallucinations in a mad-grab for power.

You can try to convince people like Koko why their cockamanie plans and ideas won't work and how horrifying and destructive their ideas really are. Then again, it's much safer to kill them if they get too far ahead of themselves, or marginalize them by turning off the television.

Hex was right.

They should have killed Koko.
Dec 26, 2012 5:23 AM
Nov 2010
I love anime, there's loads of it, it's not real and lets me unwind quietly after the shit I go through on a day to day basis.Jormungand is one of the best I've seen so far.

But the whole premise about the aircraft thing is of coarse, all fantasy. It is possible to fly an aircraft without gps, and a lot of pilots are able to do so.

It's a bit like saying you won't get to your folks up in Birmingham without a sat-nav.

What this presents is Koko's argument that she hates war more than Jona, and a few 3/4 million (a few???) is a small price to pay to put an end to it.

Jonah, like all kids can't see the bigger picture, and the long term result.

However, it's not real. It may invoke a debate, but it's unlikely to ever happen.
Dec 27, 2012 6:31 AM
Oct 2007
Realistically, how long would it take, say the South African military to take her little toy factory? Or maybe pilots using physical maps or something to drop conventional bombs on them?
Dec 29, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2012
A great episode!
nice ending.
Dec 29, 2012 6:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Actually they are overestimating the capacity of a quantum computer. A quantum computer is not magic. It's a major misconception.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 1, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2010
I love seeing Jonah blush!
Jan 3, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2010
Well damn, this was an awesome episode. I'm glad the special unit was not beaten completely, it's nice to see that even the Hekmatyar bunch has problems when they go up against the big guys. Balalaika vs Hekmatyar crossover when?

And the final villain is Koko herself? Nice turn of events.

Well, Jonah always used past tense when talking about Koko, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was dead in the present and Jonah killing her...would be awesome. Wonderful episode, fully worth the 5/5.

Edit: I'm starting to think this show had the best OST last year.
Jan 10, 2013 5:12 AM

Feb 2012
I see that Koko has fallen into common anime villain trap of trying to obtain world peace through questionable means. Her plan would only affect developed countries, which are the entities that keep the international order. If she succeeds, then I imagine many minor countries would rise and fall in short order, and that will most likely be achieved through violence.

The fight against the SEALs was stupid. Koko’s team didn’t even have night vision, but was able to hold off a more numerous, better trained and technologically advanced enemy.
Jan 17, 2013 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
Koko's true colors really shone through in this episode. I loved her facial expressions during the fight against the SEALs!
The whole bath scene and kiss between Koko and Jonah was definitely not my cup of tea though (what is he, ten?), and neither is her plan for achieving what she calls "world peace". I agree with Phaetons_Folly:

Phaetons_Folly said:
I see that Koko has fallen into common anime villain trap of trying to obtain world peace through questionable means. Her plan would only affect developed countries, which are the entities that keep the international order. If she succeeds, then I imagine many minor countries would rise and fall in short order, and that will most likely be achieved through violence.
Jan 21, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit.
Jan 28, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
yeah..... shit is going down, god i love this show... im actually going to be sad when this series ends :(
Feb 25, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2011
One of the weirdest twists ever. I mean, I knew Koko was evil, but murdering 700,000 innocent people? Yikes.
May 4, 2013 5:19 PM
Jul 2012
Woah what the heck is going on here?I don't get Koko's plan. Killing 700 thousand people?
Dang Johan is a pimp by kissing her jk.
Damn Johan pointed the gun at her wow!
4/5
May 8, 2013 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
what an evil woman
May 16, 2013 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
cephilis said:
Why can't they use the computer to force all the aircraft to land?

I had similar thoughts. Then Jonah wouldn't be so pissed either ... I guess?
May 26, 2013 3:21 PM
Aug 2012
well thats one crap plan u cant use computers to stop wars for a start most guns dont use computers weather its manfacturing or firing so wat does tht stop and you could use older communication systems to communicate with ground forces like those of the first world war and early 2nd it stops nothing in fact u could still use howitsers and big weapons that use mechanical means rather than electronics or just take out a wireless connection or dont put one in simples
Jun 22, 2013 11:31 PM
Feb 2009
oww shiett
Aug 4, 2013 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
What a twist!
So our heroine is now a pedophile?
Or should I have seen that coming with how she was always hugging him? Anyways, since it's Koko, I can still forgive her.

To the people suggesting she should just make th airplanes land, I would think it's much easier to cause them to malfunction than to try actually controlling every single flying airplane at one time.
CandyRatAug 4, 2013 8:57 AM
Nov 24, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2009
Kill KOKO KILL!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 2009
Oh shit! I really didn't expect Jonah to pull a gun on her . . . I wonder what will happen now, it might go just like Minami predicted, Jonah made her soft . . . If she aborts the plan that is. However . . . With the power of that computer couldn't she just lock the skies from future air travel, and let all current aircrafts and whatnot land.
Dec 26, 2013 4:48 AM

Feb 2013
Man, that was a powerful episode. Heavier plot twist than 24 season 5.
Jan 18, 2014 1:16 AM

Jul 2013
" I swear my butt's cursed".. hahaha damn

well Valmet has been taking showers with Jonah.. it happened twice but this time hes with Koko they even kissed..... damn lucky kiddo.. but seriously I think Jonah's age would be around.. 13-14..man, thats old enough for you-know-what..

Plot Twist: Jonah aimed his gun at her simply because she stole his first kiss... poor Jonah was actually saving it for the girl that he really love.
Jan 18, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
Well shit has hit the fan and Koko has gone loco. Looks like Jonah is going to have to do something about that.
Apr 22, 2014 7:57 PM

Apr 2014
That shota scene in the bath with koko x jonah awwww yeah
May 5, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
Naked Koko = Mmmm YES!!!

Dat ending though. Things are gonna get intense. What if Jonah and Casper go against Koko and her crew? Hmm...
Nov 27, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2010
Damn didn't expect this at all. Koko's plan is brilliant but of course there will be sacrifices. You can't save everyone.

Jonah pulling his gun out on Koko made things even more tense.
Jan 15, 2015 9:05 AM
Jun 2013
Happy to see this team actually put up a fight. kokos team usally crushes everyone in like 5 seconds. with that kiss koko is creepy. I mean jona is a kid so it felt kinda pedo. Oh wow so shes planning to take complete control over everything. Though i dont think that will make world peace.I mean wars can still happen with tech so grounding plans and other vehicals wouldint stop it 100% and im sure you can still smuggle weapons somehow no matter how good your system is. It doesint help that shes ok with killing that many people in a blink of an eye. If anything I thought the cop would be against this as well.
souledge94Jan 15, 2015 9:13 AM
Mar 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2015
Welp, Koko's gone insane. What good will removing travel by aircraft and land do anyway, people will still war lol.

I do not get the relationship between Koko and Jonah. At first, it was a boss/employee relationship, then it got closer and became a Mother/Son relationship, then it got closer and became a Sister/Brother relationship, now it's gotten closer... too close and I do not like it. Jonah did a good thing pulling out his gun, i wonder how she'll react.

Anyway, the last 2 episodes is sure going to be lively.
Jul 7, 2015 3:10 PM

Nov 2010
What a disappointment. So Koko and pals are nothing more than a bunch of imbeciles straight out of a cartoon or a James Bond movie. Everyone in her crew should immediately realize that her plan is completely insane and idiotic.

The blatant feminism in this show was getting on my nerves: the strongest fighters, except for the Chinese cripple at his prime, are all women (the British dealer's bodyguard, Valmet, Chiquita, the dual wielding Chinese girl, that one girl without panties, the Japanese assassin), the scariest CIA agent was a woman, the only rival who gave Koko some trouble was the old actress (a woman who could do anything perfectly), and the "brightest minds in the world" that she recruits (plus she herself) are all women as well (the two she's kidnapped plus the butterfly girl). But this revelation was so incredibly stupid that it may be enough to trump everything else: even if the men are all mediocre secondary characters, at least none of them was retarded enough to come up with this idea.

It's also stupid how they made Jonah asexual for no reason. He's not 8 years old like they made him act in that bath scene, nor did they establish him as someone who's already used to forcing women on the battlefield to the point that a naked woman rubbing her tits all over him would simply annoy him.
GersenJul 7, 2015 4:36 PM
Sep 4, 2015 2:17 PM

May 2012
That kiss and that ending :3 oh boy! Let's see what's next.
Jan 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
What a twist, there is no way this is going to end well.
Feb 26, 2016 4:08 PM

Jan 2008
qetou said:
Sigh, as random as always.
This show is one huge letdown.

Yep. Awful writing.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 22, 2016 10:41 PM

Feb 2015
i really liked that song that played when kokok was prattling. really chaotic, like her plan. i don't see how people are like "OH MY GAWD" when jonah whipped out his gun because everyone in the crew was looking at her like she lost her mind. i expected jonah to try to do her in, in some private way like in her sleep but he went public on her lol. i totally support his feelings. he hates her and everything she stands for, but he made a promise to capser/kasper. but i don't think he'll contain this one.

also the kiss was nothing but pedo, no matter what you convince me :P

tbh i felt it was like a play kiss tho, nothing serious. can't wait for the last eps to see how this will play out!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM

» Such a bad ending!

Error_inscript - Apr 5, 2018

7 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2012

67 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2012

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2012

87 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.