Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Dec 3 - 9

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 12, 2012 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Ejc said:
I'm fairly curious about how Chu2Koi will perform, as it has been charting highly at HMV for a while now. I've also been curious about how much storefront sales contribute.
It was going neck to neck with Jojo the other day but both dropped due to SAO 3 and Ookami Kodomo DVD. At this rate it could go 12k.
Bear in mind that it is the ranking in Amazon, but as Ejc noted the situation may well be different in brick-and-mortar shops like HMV. It is safe to say that Chu2Koi should have a stronger storefront sales compared with say GirlPan. However, the reception of the latest episode has been pretty bad among fans in Japan, it is hard to tell how much it may affect its momentum in sales as the sales date draws near.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 12, 2012 9:22 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
bippo said:
Ejc said:
I'm fairly curious about how Chu2Koi will perform, as it has been charting highly at HMV for a while now. I've also been curious about how much storefront sales contribute.
It was going neck to neck with Jojo the other day but both dropped due to SAO 3 and Ookami Kodomo DVD. At this rate it could go 12k.
Bear in mind that it is the ranking in Amazon, but as Ejc noted the situation may well be different in brick-and-mortar shops like HMV. It is safe to say that Chu2Koi should have a stronger storefront sales compared with say GirlPan. However, the reception of the latest episode has been pretty bad among fans in Japan, it is hard to tell how much it may affect its momentum in sales as the sales date draws near.

I think its been bad among everyone. That was one of the worst episodes of any show I've seen all year and dropped Chu2Koi from my top 3 anime of the season. Absolutely terrible.

Dec 12, 2012 9:47 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Bear in mind that it is the ranking in Amazon, but as Ejc noted the situation may well be different in brick-and-mortar shops like HMV. It is safe to say that Chu2Koi should have a stronger storefront sales compared with say GirlPan.
Oh so if we add those stores up it might go up to 16-18k. Good competition with Girls und Panzer since i am guessing Panzer will reach those same numbers. If those predictions are right I guess we'll have to see who will remain consistent on the next volumes.
Dec 12, 2012 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Oh so if we add those stores up it might go up to 16-18k. Good competition with Girls und Panzer since i am guessing Panzer will reach those same numbers. If those predictions are right I guess we'll have to see who will remain consistent on the next volumes.
Not really, the Amazon stalker points actually cover the storefront sales too, which is why it was treated with such awe by some people in Sales Thread. I don't know how they model the sales, but given its broad scope of trying to predict the overall sales purely from the Amazon ranking and the general remarkable accuracy given its limitation of source data, it is truly awesome. So the points you see about the final predicted point of Chu2byo at around 8775 (BD) and 1494 (DVD) is already the prediction for the Oricon chart. So the total is predicted to be around 12k. If Chu2byo is biased more towards storefront sales, the model will underestimate the sales, which is what happened for Dog Days and Yuru Yuri, but if the sales is biased towards Amazon, the model will overestimate the sales, which is what happened for Tari Tari and probably GirlPan. That said, I am a bit doubtful that even with storefront sales bias (and Amazon stalker prediction being an underestimation) the sales of Chu2byo will go up to 18k or even 16k.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 13, 2012 7:56 AM

Oct 2007
RyanSaotome said:
I think its been bad among everyone. That was one of the worst episodes of any show I've seen all year and dropped Chu2Koi from my top 3 anime of the season. Absolutely terrible.
Funny, to me last episode (even though it was so painful and totally not I what expected back in October) confirmed that Chuuni is by far the best anime of current season and now I wait for 12 to see how well it will fare against rest of the year, it even has decent chance of dethroning SpaceBros in my ranking.
I'm sad to see preorder rankings didn't get any bump after 11 aired, I have to hope people are still waiting for final.
Dec 16, 2012 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
Magi V.I.P. is my fav song, so best news today!
Whoa Tari Tari might get another season.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Dec 16, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2012
Meruru_Arls said:
Magi V.I.P. is my fav song, so best news today!
Whoa Tari Tari might get another season.

At the price of Japanese CD single discs 44000 is nothing to wave off.

I have the first four Tari Tari Blu-ray discs and box and I love them. They are a masterpiece for sure. The audio on BD is just beautiful. I have the last two preordered and the second week of January can't come soon enough as I look forward to #5. As for a second season I think it is unlikely but an OVA or two or a movie I think I can get my hopes up for...
Dec 16, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
New additions: here
Full weekly list: here

Full list is up.
I have updated the Fall 2012 anime vol.1 ranking:

2012 Fall Vol 1 Rankings
Key: Total - # Weeks Charted - Title - Format - Release Date
Updated as of 2012/12/16 list
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 10,000 Line - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*6,620 *2 K [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/07
- - - - - - - - - - - Manabi Line (2,899) - - - - - - - - - - -
*2,494 *1 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
*1,759 *1 Ixion Saga DT [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/05
**,*** ** BTOOOM! [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
**,*** ** Shinsekai Yori [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/30

A lot of titles have vol.1 to be released in the coming week:

**,*** ** Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/19
**,*** ** Gintama' Enchousen [DVD]: 2012/12/19
**,*** ** Code:Breaker [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Girls und Panzer [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Initial D 5th Stage [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Psycho-Pass [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Jormungand Perfect Order [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** To LOVE-Ru Darkness [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21

Dec 17, 2012 6:39 AM

Aug 2007
O.o So, this time only 6 Blu rays.
Dec 17, 2012 6:54 AM

Dec 2011
minimiau said:
O.o So, this time only 6 Blu rays.

There might be even less next time.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 18, 2012 6:16 AM

Sep 2010
Ixion Saga is so low I was expecting better since it has Gintama's director. -__- This saddens me really its an amazing comedy series that is sadly under appreciated. I like it better than Gintama cause I love medieval/fantasy settings.

At least K is selling so some good news there. =D
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
47 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

22 by ZXEAN »»
5 hours ago

» Musician wowaka Dies

Sakana-san - Apr 9, 2019

34 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Medalist' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - May 17, 2023

55 by Adizcool »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.