Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Magi Episode 10 Discussion


Dec 12, 2012 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 3947
Awesome, epic fight. The twenty minutes went by so fast because I was absorbed into that battle. I wonder, though, if it's true that someone else was supplying magoi to Ugo. Either way, Ugo packs a powerful punch in Judal (which I was very satisfied with, seeing Judal's behavior).
Looking forward to the next episode.
5/5.

 
Dec 12, 2012 9:11 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1653
My friend was right damn what an episode. That fight was crazy, I just wish it would of continue for a few more episodes.
 
Dec 12, 2012 11:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1630
what the ... I wish A-1 would do the same with SAO, like that fight ...
awesome episode, the fighting was very intense. But theres not much to discuss about since I've read the manga :P
 
Dec 13, 2012 1:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 11495
I wasn't expecting Judal to get his ass handed to him. It's good to see this anime not having taken a more generic approach where Judal would've won and the good guys would've had to train and get stronger to beat him later.
 
Dec 13, 2012 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15758
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?

Btw if i was there i would run and kill the guy now that he got crushed by Ugo and his defenseless. He seems too dangerous to be kept around. Maybe Morgiana should run and give him a killing kick before anyone manages to react.

katsu044 said:
best episode so far Judal was like big bully from grade school lol wasn't expecting him to get crushed like that but i wonder if it's true whoever was powering Ugo like that and the fact that he didn't have a head made him scarier in that last scene!.


I think Ugo was moving by his own volition because Aladin wished to be friends and Ugo was acting like a friend giving his own power to help a friend instead of just acting like Djinn.
Modified by Monad, Dec 13, 2012 8:40 AM
 
Dec 13, 2012 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1700
Judal got what he deserved. I was so pissed when he punched Aladdin made me hate him even more. I hope Ugo is okay in the next episode. This ep was great, great action and story.
5/5
 
Dec 13, 2012 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 196
Monad said:
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?
katsu044 said:
best episode so far Judal was like big bully from grade school lol wasn't expecting him to get crushed like that but i wonder if it's true whoever was powering Ugo like that and the fact that he didn't have a head made him scarier in that last scene!.


I think Ugo was moving by his own volition because Aladin wished to be friends and Ugo was acting like a friend giving his own power to help a friend instead of just acting like Djinn.

I couldn't agree more with you ^^
I hope Ugo will survive somehow. And that his head will finally get back where it belongs.

I am so falling for this anime, even though it still bothers me that '1000 Arabian Nights' is just a source of (hollowed) names, props etc.
 
Dec 13, 2012 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 11
Ohhh, I just love this episode. I didn't know which side should I root for, couse Judal punched Alibaba ( I was quite angry about this ), but on the other hand he was so badass..and I have weakness for character like this. Ugo-kun's berserk was really amazing - expected something like bad guy win, then quite depressing episode + training, then another fight - good guys win.. So! I'm looking forward next episode~!
 
Dec 13, 2012 12:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2512
....... still waiting for Kougyoku <3
 
Dec 13, 2012 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2195
Monad said:
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?


Alladin uses only light rukh ("good butterflies") while Judal is able to use both light and mostly Dark Rukh ("evil"butterflies), obviously as he is the antagonist he is portrayed with Dark Rukh. You can think of it almost like ...yin-yang "shadow and light," where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent.

Liinah said:
MasterMeNL said:

Judal is just a crazy maniac with no purpose in life, I wonder who his wife/? is and if she's also hostile, I don't think so but who knows?

Wife? I don't remember something like that being mentioned..


Its not his wife, it is his friend Kougyoku Ren *.*

EstelleBright said:
....... still waiting for Kougyoku <3


X 2!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Dec 13, 2012 2:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
bonifide said:
ahneeme said:
bonifide said:
For people who read the manga does Aladdin stays this naive the whole time. I can understand why he naive though. This episode makes me want to read the manga now.

He's still naive but not as much as he was in this episode. He's more cautious now.

He still mostly relies on the reading the rukh around people to see if they're being truthful or evil.


Thanks for letting me know. No ima read the manga.
Start from the beginning of the manga then, if this anime is good, then the manga is 100 times better, especially the art. (in case you haven't noticed, I'm really disappointed with this adaptation, as are other manga-readers, because it's seriously nothing compared to the manga imo)
 
Dec 13, 2012 3:22 PM
アニメスタッフ

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 97
Sad to say i think this series is one of the failures of the season, it had some potential but the focus on the main protagonists is mixed and confusing, foggy at times and the arabic theme is just not worthy of anime i think. Too bad for it might have been fun. I think the El Hazard series has more going for it than this one.


 
Dec 13, 2012 4:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
CrisGer_San_AA said:
Sad to say i think this series is one of the failures of the season, it had some potential but the focus on the main protagonists is mixed and confusing, foggy at times and the arabic theme is just not worthy of anime i think. Too bad for it might have been fun. I think the El Hazard series has more going for it than this one.
Blame it on the series composer who decided to cram like 50 chapters in 10 episodes, an average of 5 chapters per episode. He's the guy who did the series composition for Guilty Crown, and his best work is Seikon no Qwasor (and it's still horrible, it's about a guy who gets his powers from breast milk), so something like that was expected.

A normal pace is 2-3 chapter per episode, and even Bleach, which has one of the lowest content in a chapter, never reached that pace, then what would happen if you put 5 chapters of a series which has relatively a lot of content in its chapters compared to other shonen manga in 1 episode?
Modified by Kumqa, Dec 13, 2012 4:34 PM
 
Dec 13, 2012 4:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15758
Orulyon said:
Monad said:
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?


Alladin uses only light rukh ("good butterflies") while Judal is able to use both light and mostly Dark Rukh ("evil"butterflies), obviously as he is the antagonist he is portrayed with Dark Rukh. You can think of it almost like ...yin-yang "shadow and light," where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent.



WTF? So the bad guy can use good and bad butterflies? Why are the good butterflies siding with such a guy?
 
Dec 13, 2012 4:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7204
Monad said:
Orulyon said:
Monad said:
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?


Alladin uses only light rukh ("good butterflies") while Judal is able to use both light and mostly Dark Rukh ("evil"butterflies), obviously as he is the antagonist he is portrayed with Dark Rukh. You can think of it almost like ...yin-yang "shadow and light," where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent.




WTF? So the bad guy can use good and bad butterflies? Why are the good butterflies siding with such a guy?

Lots of focus on the butterflies. o_o

First and foremost, Judal is a magi.
Since he is magi the light rukh "butterflies" are on his side regardless if he's a good or bad person.
It's not that they side with him or that he can use them. They are there for him from the start just like how they are there for Aladdin.
The question that you should have here is not why he can use the light ones, but rather why is he surrounded by black ones instead.

It should be explained later.
 
Dec 13, 2012 5:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 305
Finally some real action! :D
 
Dec 13, 2012 5:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
parfaited said:
Monad said:
Orulyon said:
Monad said:
The first times we saw that Judal he seemed to use black butterflies, in the op is like that too but now he used gold ones like Aladin. If they get their power from the same source then what was all that black butterfly shit?


Alladin uses only light rukh ("good butterflies") while Judal is able to use both light and mostly Dark Rukh ("evil"butterflies), obviously as he is the antagonist he is portrayed with Dark Rukh. You can think of it almost like ...yin-yang "shadow and light," where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent.




WTF? So the bad guy can use good and bad butterflies? Why are the good butterflies siding with such a guy?

Lots of focus on the butterflies. o_o

First and foremost, Judal is a magi.
Since he is magi the light rukh "butterflies" are on his side regardless if he's a good or bad person.
It's not that they side with him or that he can use them. They are there for him from the start just like how they are there for Aladdin.
The question that you should have here is not why he can use the light ones, but rather why is he surrounded by black ones instead.

It should be explained later.
I'll add that Rukh is one of Magi's main plots. A main plot that is related to Black Rukh will be revealed at the end of this arc. Those being main plots means that we'll get hints as the series go by, like for example Aladdin's identity and Magis in general, and we won't get any full answers until the last arcs of Magi. (as in most battle shonen manga)
 
Dec 13, 2012 6:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 155
Candor said:
CrisGer_San_AA said:
Sad to say i think this series is one of the failures of the season, it had some potential but the focus on the main protagonists is mixed and confusing, foggy at times and the arabic theme is just not worthy of anime i think. Too bad for it might have been fun. I think the El Hazard series has more going for it than this one.
Blame it on the series composer who decided to cram like 50 chapters in 10 episodes, an average of 5 chapters per episode. He's the guy who did the series composition for Guilty Crown, and his best work is Seikon no Qwasor (and it's still horrible, it's about a guy who gets his powers from breast milk), so something like that was expected.

A normal pace is 2-3 chapter per episode, and even Bleach, which has one of the lowest content in a chapter, never reached that pace, then what would happen if you put 5 chapters of a series which has relatively a lot of content in its chapters compared to other shonen manga in 1 episode?


This adaption is not all the bad, and besides all the really great stuff comes later .Though, because of the fast pacing the characters feel less developed. And the villains (like Fatima and Jamil) had their pasts completely skipped out which made them really shallow. Which is a little disappointing but I can understand why it's so fast paced. Since this is supposed to have less than 30 episodes.. Or so I read.Its far better than rushing the stuff that's to come.
 
Dec 14, 2012 12:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 451
nice ep
 
Dec 14, 2012 4:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
Coralira said:
Candor said:
CrisGer_San_AA said:
Sad to say i think this series is one of the failures of the season, it had some potential but the focus on the main protagonists is mixed and confusing, foggy at times and the arabic theme is just not worthy of anime i think. Too bad for it might have been fun. I think the El Hazard series has more going for it than this one.
Blame it on the series composer who decided to cram like 50 chapters in 10 episodes, an average of 5 chapters per episode. He's the guy who did the series composition for Guilty Crown, and his best work is Seikon no Qwasor (and it's still horrible, it's about a guy who gets his powers from breast milk), so something like that was expected.

A normal pace is 2-3 chapter per episode, and even Bleach, which has one of the lowest content in a chapter, never reached that pace, then what would happen if you put 5 chapters of a series which has relatively a lot of content in its chapters compared to other shonen manga in 1 episode?


This adaption is not all the bad, and besides all the really great stuff comes later .Though, because of the fast pacing the characters feel less developed. And the villains (like Fatima and Jamil) had their pasts completely skipped out which made them really shallow. Which is a little disappointing but I can understand why it's so fast paced. Since this is supposed to have less than 30 episodes.. Or so I read.Its far better than rushing the stuff that's to come.
One of the things that really bothered me was how they handled Jamil and Fatima, they felt really shallow, it's like they just wanted to get over with them because they wren't significant to the plot. Though the thing is, the same thing with Kassim, when he first appeared he just felt like any other character of the fog troupe, and he still seems really shallow. Here is the page when Jamil debuted (which was left out in the anime):

Ok, I decided to just let the trainwreck of first episodes go, but what about this episode? Here's Ugo's rage in the manga:


Dunno though, maybe the manga (art,execution,pace..etc) is too great that I can't appreciate a half-assed adaptation like this one, but just the fact that people are enjoying it makes me glad people are appreciating Magi as a whole.
 
Dec 14, 2012 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1304
Incredible episode.

It felt so good when Ugo was punishing Judal and crushing him. God, I wanted him to have a taste of his own medicine! I was wondering if Judal had his own Djinn but I guess not. Ugo was very interesting at the end, I'm very concerned about his behavior.
 
Dec 14, 2012 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 162
Dako said:
Incredible episode.

It felt so good when Ugo was punishing Judal and crushing him. God, I wanted him to have a taste of his own medicine! I was wondering if Judal had his own Djinn but I guess not. Ugo was very interesting at the end, I'm very concerned about his behavior.

Spoiler about Djnn

^ Why isn't this updating...
 
Dec 14, 2012 4:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
^
Judal apparently used magic in fighting Aladdin, and apparently Ugo isn't Aladdin's Djinn, as Judal said, and to make things clearer, Judal has no Djinn.
 
Dec 15, 2012 3:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 16913
That was amazing. Judal is the one dimensional jackass I always wanted to have his ass handed to him. IT WAS AWESOME.

A full episode to fighting also exceeds my expectations for the show.

As for the manga bickering up there: Eh, content cutting is normal.
 
Dec 15, 2012 9:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 467
Now THAT was an exciting fight! They did a good job on this episode. :D I wonder where Ugo gets all his power from.
 
Dec 15, 2012 11:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 313
:_______:
 
Dec 15, 2012 11:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 902
Great episode. I gotta say even though I absolutely hate Judal as a character, the fight is pretty amazing. The preview for ep. 11 makes me worry though. It looks like Judal is severely injured and won't be able to interfere for some time, but the mark on Aladdin's flute has also disappeared. I wonder whether Ugo only needs time to recover or whether they're gonna have to find a way to revive him somehow.

Definitely gonna catch up on the manga once this series is over. From the looks of what people have been saying, this anime hasn't approached the level of the manga, and I'm already enjoying the anime quite a lot.
 
Dec 29, 2012 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1292
So they fought just for fun?
 
Dec 29, 2012 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 48
Misiakk said:
So they fought just for fun?


Judal yes
others selfdefense
 
Jan 1, 2013 8:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3720
I don't understand Judal at all. I don't even understand what half the characters are doing.
 
Jan 13, 2013 5:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 144
 
Jan 15, 2013 2:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4305
Oh my various gods, this episode. So looks like magi can be harmed with metal vessels attacks, can't wait to see Alibaba train up and kick some ass. Also wonder how strong Sin can be with 7 of them.

But yeah, Judal great character, impressive fight, and seeing Ugo losing it was almost scary. It seems Judal did a bad thing to the wrong person. What I'd really like to know if this is related to Aladdin or not. I guess it's at least connected to the dungeon they're both from, can't wait to see more.
Modified by EratiK, Jan 15, 2013 2:08 AM
 
Jan 18, 2013 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3427
What an amazing episode, I love everything in it! From the villains you love to hate like the incompetent king of Balbad and the condescending Judal who pwned them initially. Ugo crushing Judal between his palms was just goddamn sweet, I almost cried!

And then Ugo, oh man don't even get me started on him, we just saw his face this episode and (*gasps*) it might be the end of him...NOOO!!! X( TT_TT
Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted.
 
Jan 19, 2013 2:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 231
Wow, cool fight :D
I love Judal <3
 
Jan 19, 2013 5:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 431
I love and Hate Judal the same time.

I hope Ugo-kun won't die
 
Jan 28, 2013 1:48 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
Holy shit... what a fight. That was amazing.

And it felt so good to watch Ugo crush Judal like that. Hope Ugo comes outta all this okay though =/.
 
Feb 4, 2013 10:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 12882
It's over already? ): It felt so short, so awesome, I was so into that fight!!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
 
Feb 7, 2013 12:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 8173
Judal deserved that!
 
Feb 13, 2013 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5471
Well, that fight felt like Judal is measuring length of his hole with Aladdin, his bravado was pathetic, I really couldn't stand his character.
I am really not much fan of animes where enemies are trying to use bigger and bigger attacks just to brag - there was really no point for this fight.
And if there was, Judal should be dead in the end, not surviving for another time when he would brag again. Pathetic!
 
Feb 26, 2013 2:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 34
Ugo is great, wow!
I was feeling so upset about how Judal is blood and war thirsty.
He likes hurting others, while he got upset of Alibaba's strike.
I feel bad about Ugo, I hope he'll be ok :(
 
Mar 31, 2013 5:35 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8631
Great episode with lots of drama. Judal is one of the most instantly despicable overpowered characters I've ever seen. I was almost cheering when Ugo was kicking the hell out of him.

I really don't understand why so many people "like" characters like him or Gilgamesh from Fate. Do these same people cheer on murderers or bullies at school when they're picking on other? They're either very young or very twisted to have that kind of strange moral code.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Apr 5, 2013 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1215
Wow, that episode went by in an instant.. interesting fight. So the power of friendship is also very strong in this one.. Well, it's not surprising and Judal definitely deserved that hit..
 
Apr 19, 2013 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1338
judal makes an awesome psycho by Ugo just wen't into overload at the end i hope he's okay! Aladdin seemed so hopless this episode i really felt for him, great episode!
 
May 7, 2013 7:32 PM
originanime

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 10413
The action in this anime is just top notch I swear.
 
May 16, 2013 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13778
I've never seen such douchebaggery like that since high school jokes from the 70s. Judal is a complete fuckass and this show has accomplished his state as antagonist fairly well.
 
May 18, 2013 8:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 185
Holy crap, go Ugo!
Beat the shit outta him!
 
May 19, 2013 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25568
Damn that was intense! Especially that ending, is that other magi really dead? Well atleast I hope he is! Lets see what's next and if Ugo will still be okey!
 
May 25, 2013 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 15646
That's one hell of a fight. Good thing Alibaba made a move there. I hope he'll become more badass in the future episodes.


 
Jun 28, 2013 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5156
MellowJello said:
That was amazing. Judal is the one dimensional jackass I always wanted to have his ass handed to him. IT WAS AWESOME.

A full episode to fighting also exceeds my expectations for the show.

As for the manga bickering up there: Eh, content cutting is normal.
Judal isn't one dimensional in the manga, unlike in the anime.

On topic: Pretty good episode.

Ugo-kun going berserk mode.
Modified by Cabron, Jun 28, 2013 5:50 AM
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

 
Aug 3, 2013 5:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4882
PWNED!!! Way to go, Ugo!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »