Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2008 10:06 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RAW came out! Great EPISODE! EPIC TEA CEREMONY FOR A SET! PEOPLE will like this! WANT MORE! KYOKO GO!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 16, 2008 3:30 PM
Nov 2008
I loved it as well. It was a great episode and well what can she do against ren really she just barely started. However I do not think she deserved that -10 stamp!!!! I mean what's wrong with a little revenge .... -_- okay I can kind of see his point. Anyway I really did enjoy the tea ceremony act, she was really good! I hope we see more action like that !!!! ;)
Nov 18, 2008 1:43 PM

Oct 2008
I watched the subbed version and loved the epi. She really looked lovely in that kimono and yeh I loved the kimono! The story is getting better and better.
Ren knows that if she gets revenge on Shou, she is going to lose her motivation..well, thats what he thinks. Anyway, can't wait for the next epi!
It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win :P
Nov 18, 2008 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
xD No screenshots, today? angel999?

anyways, I like the fact that he gave kyoko -10 points. he was jealous because kyoko was still thinking of sho. xDD

I hoped for the next episode more.

Nov 19, 2008 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
Ryuukishi said:
he was jealous because kyoko was still thinking of sho. xDD

He really was? Maybe I didn't get it, because I didn't read the Manga that "far"...

If I just see the majority of the faces Kyoko makes in this episode, I have to lmao instantly xD But I doesn't inferior to episode 6 xDDD
Nov 19, 2008 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
funny when she made all that fuss abt getting her make-up removed xD
Nov 21, 2008 8:42 AM

Oct 2008
Wow she likes her make up a little too much it was funny how much she complained about getting it removed. It was good Ren took 10 points from her though because her motivation is pretty bad if youre lookin to be an 'idol' like she is... Yay for having her fracture get worse from doing that as well if it didn't that've just been miserable on so many different levels. Also its good that they made little miss albino mature some in this episode though given that was a known fact to happen. Director = awesome though yes use injured people more more! Manipulation is a great thing
Nov 21, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Oh man, the director is screwed up, hahahaha. Ren is pretty bad too, me thinks. -10, just what Kyoko didn't need! >.<

Oh wlel, on the upside this just reaffirms my love of Kyoko's insanity. She's too awesome.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 21, 2008 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Funny episode, I even bought Ruriko's transition to liking Kyoko. Ren still had to be an asshole though. All that stuff in the first half of the episode concerning Ren's aura and what not is such a stupid, shounen way of trying to make acting interesting television. It didn't make a bit of sense. I was actually confused for a couple of minutes at the explaination.
Nov 21, 2008 2:13 PM

May 2008
This series just keeps getting better. Although this episode were short on GAR-moments, I fully enjoyed it.

I really love the main characters resolution: That she never loses herself, that she keeps thinking truthfully (and not one-sided, like a lot of other main characters in anime) and that she keep neglecting the paths that'll reduce her to pathetic.

Also, nice twists. That she wouldn't win wasn't fully obvious, even if somewhat a possibility, but having Ren steering the acting like that wasn't really something I expected. Also, the way Kyoko lost really got me.

Overall, the interacting between characters, the realistic atmosphere mixed together with the absurd and metaphoric comedy (and GAR-moments) and the rate Kyoko evolves her mental strength in; it all adds up to a really promising foreshadowing!!

And exactly who doesn't long till the moment where Shotaro gets demolished?
Nov 21, 2008 2:58 PM
Dec 2007
Fabulous episode as always, funny, epic, with a good script and above all extremely entertaining.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 21, 2008 7:00 PM
Oct 2008
I had my doubts about this show early on but this episode continues to bring this show as a nice suprise for this season, that tea ceremony scene was fantastic the way they handled how it went
Nov 21, 2008 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
I liked that the director was using a Mac.

Yes, indeed this episode was epic. Or at least as epic as an episode about acting can get.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 22, 2008 3:43 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode again. I was right in my comment last episode. It turned out exactly the way I thought it would, rather obvious I know. It was really too early for her and the Director just used her (though I don't hate him for that, he is a great guy); it was a good lesson for her and gave her new strength and confidence.
Her different facial emotions and the chibi scenes are simply the best and Ren is also a very interesting character.

Ryuukishi said:
anyways, I like the fact that ren gave kyoko -10 points. he was jealous because kyoko was still thinking of sho. xD

That's not the reason. XD
I really doubt he has any serious feelings for her in this early stage.
It's rather that for him serious acting is his life and he takes pride in this but a reason like "taking revenge" on somebody is a serious crime and a disgrace for all actors in his eyes. I bet Kyoko's motivation will change over the course of the show.

Anyway. I love this and I can only hardly wait for next episode like every week. ^^
Nov 22, 2008 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
Now i'm really starting to like this show ^^ And i must say, Ren is sooooo hot XD

Nov 22, 2008 12:02 PM

Nov 2007
D: I didn't notice b/c Ruriko always sounded so stuck up, but the flash back sounds just like Nodame..same voice actress D:

I hope this episode converted some people who are unsure of how the story is going to turn out. =D I really love this arc. =3
Nov 22, 2008 6:10 PM
Oct 2007
Forever said:
I bet Kyoko's motivation will change over the course of the show.

You're right, but actually, I think her motivation is already starting to change. If I remember correctly, she had thoughts somewhere in this episode that she wanted to one day be on the same level as Ren. I can't remember the exact wording but Kyoko is definitely starting to look up to Ren and acting for the sake of interest instead of Sho. She has new found respect for the industry now I'm sure.

The -10 was very appropriate, haha.

Next arc, Maria and Moko, yahoo!
Nov 22, 2008 6:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
omg, next episode is going to be epically funny!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 23, 2008 9:27 AM
Nov 2008
ahhh~ if only humans can make such expressions of kyouko! life would be so much more fun!
Nov 23, 2008 7:53 PM

Oct 2007
desbmt said:
ahhh~ if only humans can make such expressions of kyouko! life would be so much more fun!

If that were to happen, evil spirits would be flying arnd everywhere @_@

Kyouko really loves her makeup, and Ren knows just what to handle her XDD
Nov 24, 2008 8:09 AM
May 2008
WoW! o__O that was rly a great episode^^ Even Ruri got more sympathic(sp? X__x) .
wwwwwwwwwwwwThis episode is teh first I didn´t read as Manga...
the character design is rly preety too (° V°)

YaY!!GO KYOKO!!
Nov 29, 2008 11:13 PM

Nov 2007
Dedication at it's best, but seriously poor Kyoko end scene = D: it's okay maybe next time xD
Dec 9, 2008 12:56 PM

Sep 2008
It was great to see Ruriko smarten up and be nice to Kyoko in the end =)

Jan 1, 2009 12:06 PM
Oct 2007
Ureshii & Yoroshiku has subs out for this but no post on it yet. Go grab the torrent @ Baka-Updates if you're archiving the releases. =)
Jan 1, 2009 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
I really, really, really like this episode it was SO good. I like Ruri a lot better now and roflmao at Ren giving Kyoko -10 points. :]
HEY!
Jan 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Jan 2007
I loved the battle between Ren and Kyoko. While not as intense as the manga, it was still adapted and managed quite well.
Feb 17, 2009 7:15 PM
Jul 2008
how long will it take kyoko to realise that ren just doesnt like her motives? By the way i cnt believe she pushed herself that far!!! amamzing i must say...

Apr 3, 2009 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
CookieBun said:
D: I didn't notice b/c Ruriko always sounded so stuck up, but the flash back sounds just like Nodame..same voice actress D:

Haha, I know. My face when I realized it was Nodame >> DDDDDDDDDDDD:

BEGINNER
Oct 30, 2009 6:58 AM

Sep 2009
Yay she acted so well :)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Dec 18, 2009 12:45 PM

Aug 2008
At first, it was very strange to watch them acting together, because I wasn't sure if what she was doing was right or not.

This anime has improved since the first episode. Tremendously. I really, really like Ren. And I love how this episode ended.
Jan 7, 2010 7:01 PM
May 2008
All hatred/vengeance and no passion = -10
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 4, 2010 3:57 AM

Oct 2008
Poor Kyoko, having to take her make up off.

She never fails to make me laugh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Sep 3, 2010 5:08 PM

Jul 2009
Another good episode. Another off side comment, I thought Yashiro's hair would be lighter. From the manga I assumed he'd be blond lol
Apr 27, 2011 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
Wait now it's a real bone fracture? I thought it was just a sprain... oh well whatever. I was so surprised and happy for her acting so well from the start the director said "Action!" I'm still wondering when she would dye her hair back to it's natural color since she looked good on the kimono with her black hair.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 2, 2011 12:15 AM

Nov 2007
A+ effort Kyouko. She looks really good with long brown hair, too, much better than the short orange hair.

Interesting that she's so overwhelmed by Ren's acting though, methinks it will be an uphill battle to try and stand next to him.
Mar 3, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
-10 points for Kyouko. :)
Oct 6, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2008
Kyoko was awesome! I kinda agree wih her though. She should get the role because she deserves it, not because of Ren. And Ruri gave her 100 points! So happy!
Oct 16, 2012 4:48 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
Funny episode, I even bought Ruriko's transition to liking Kyoko. Ren still had to be an asshole though. All that stuff in the first half of the episode concerning Ren's aura and what not is such a stupid, shounen way of trying to make acting interesting television. It didn't make a bit of sense. I was actually confused for a couple of minutes at the explaination.

I thought that too, but really the entire show is over the top so it's not that big a deal.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2013 1:02 AM

Jan 2012
Kyouko acting was really awesome. To bad she was just a decoy.

Apr 20, 2013 5:56 PM

May 2012
That was pretty epic, some awesome acting skills right there, and lol that ending xD
Nov 12, 2013 12:14 AM

Jul 2009
wow what a scene!!

that ankle hurt like hell for Kyouko T__T

she instantly became a pro as soon as the scene started. it seems her past work is being useful and coming in handy :)

Ren is too aggressive on his co-star if he took it seriously. wow Kyouko suddenly lose unconscious :(

so Ruriko remembers on how she's also like Kyouko, trying hard to the fullest.

woo 100 points from her!! never would have imagine she would have a change of heart!!

damn the director set this up in order for Ruriko to change her ways, yet they also saw a potential for Kyouko ^^

i think what Kyouko said in the end, she didn't want to act for the sake of others nor a goal for them. she wants to be a pro in her own way, ability to act without relying on Ren or others. i hope Kyouko will succeed!!

aww she no longer has her make up :(

wtf Ren putting a -10 point on her. guess he really doesn't like her motive on becoming an actress :P

can't wait for more!!
Apr 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
I love how Kyouko's so animated (no pun intended). She's probably the most expressive female MC I've seen.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 12, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2014
Man, it must suck to have your entire life be "designed" in order to suit a guy that you hate. And yeah, Kyouko really is one of the most expressive female main characters, kinda reminds me of Nodame.
Oct 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Kyoko was able to change Hime-chan, even if it wasn't her true goal xD

She looked so great in that kimono. It's scary how makeup artist and costumes can totally transform someone. Now she's back to that ugly pink jumpsuit x)
Kinda sad when she realised again that everything she did was for the boy she once loved but now hate.

It was totally hilarious when Ren give her that 10 points penalty :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 9, 2015 2:42 PM

Jun 2010
Jacut said:
Fabulous episode as always, funny, epic, with a good script and above all extremely entertaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2016 9:15 PM

Jun 2010
Did it suddenly become a shounen fighting series?
Sep 19, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2010
That was badass acting. Yeah. I don't think I've ever seen this in an anime before, nor have I ever thought of putting those two words together before, but that was badass acting. The last time I thought of this was for The iDOLM@STER to describe a particularly badass performance. That's quite the level Skip Beat managed to ascend to in just 7 episodes.

This anime's pretty smart really. The sprain was played for laughs throughout all of the previous episode and even halfway through this episode. Because of this, once the injury was finally ready to be taken seriously, it's all the more potent of a scene. The dramatic scenes of this anime are far and in between, and the even scenes that should have been dramatic were treated comically. This is made even harder by how much GUTS Kyoko has, making it uncertain as to what she's really feeling. Because of this, it's even harder to tell when the anime is about ready to go serious mode, making this show unpredictable in the most roundabout of ways. Goodness gracious.

Oh, and also, the nice thing about this anime is the female lead explicitly and outright hating both the apparent male leads. It's not a halfhearted kinda like/kinda hate, or even an on-and-off again type of thing. It's just straight up hatred. I don't know if this'll turn out to be a proper romance or not, but for now, it's quite the enjoyable ride of certain destruction. As a comedy of course.
Dec 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
I am officially in love with this show with this episode, if I hadn't already love it. I love the interaction between Ren and Kyouko (and also Ren's manager, Yashiro). Kyouko was awesome, it's nice that she has found a new motivation and it's even better that Ren is the reason of it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Oct 2012
That very confused face with her mouth open.. is cute xD

Awwww, she just want to keep her make-up for a little bit longer!
Just let her!

Poor girl, she got another -10 :(
Well she have 90 points at least
"Signature removed"
Jun 2, 2017 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
BUGG OFF REN! stop bullying Kyoko

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 8, 2009

56 by eaticia »»
Mar 10, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MagicalEmi - Mar 29, 2009

245 by cornonacob »»
Jul 14, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Mar 15, 2009

27 by Yuki8160 »»
Apr 30, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Skip Beat! Episode 8 Discussion

Annisa - Nov 24, 2008

34 by s4gail0na »»
Feb 21, 2023 1:02 PM

» Is it bad that i watched this for the acting part and not the romance part

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Jul 2, 2022

13 by Mahificient_79 »»
Jul 3, 2022 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.