3It was OK
11.9%
2Disliked it
5.8%
1Hated it
3.1%
Average 4.2
226 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 8, 2012 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meg is trying to act again and get Mei alone. She even try to use Kai.

Kai helped Mei, and she only saw him as friend. He confessed? And argument between Yamato and Kai, but Kai approved Yamato.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 8, 2012 10:22 AM

Jun 2011
-_- I was wondering when the bitch was gonna start sliding out of Megumi. There's no way anyone would be that lenient about their crush being taken.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 8, 2012 11:00 AM

Jul 2012
Good guy Kai.

This episode felt a little slow, but I think the end made up for it. I'm just glad the whole miscommunication was cleared up this episode and didn't carry over to the next.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 8, 2012 11:08 AM
Jan 2012
poor megu-tan :p
Dec 8, 2012 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
Damn bro seriously that Megumi is starting bullshits again.. Even if she likes Yamato, Yamato loves Mei way more. Wow a total bitch
Dec 8, 2012 11:28 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode.
Megu is really a bitch.
Kai is awesome. I love the guy.
Glad that everything was solved in one episode.
Dec 8, 2012 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Wow yamato is stupid, believing people like that. Yeah kai is awesome, loved parts where he was talking to mei. Good thing that he will not try to steal mei away. Megu is such a bitch, not just about mei. Looks like Aiko doesn't trust her much. Love her character.
Dec 8, 2012 12:16 PM

May 2012
I thought that was a really nice episode, and we finally get to see see Megu's inner bitch. I noticed Aiko gave Megu a look of distrust also which I thought was pretty cool, also glad Kai and Yamato had that little scuffle at the end and worked things out ^.^
I tried to tell Dad how in Roleplay last week I had described to my friends the most beautiful demon, but he cut me off, so I tried to ignore him, but his story was pretty cool.
Dec 8, 2012 12:17 PM

Jan 2012
It was really bland.
Dec 8, 2012 12:25 PM

Oct 2008
Never liked Megu.
Also applies to real life, I hate girls who put on a show and have completely different personalities underneath.
Dec 8, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 2011
I'm glad that all mess is over.
Dec 8, 2012 1:10 PM

Apr 2007
Rumors and How People React to Them: The Anime
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Dec 8, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2011
Excellent episode , strong feelings . Liked it a lot . Kai was pretty badass
Dec 8, 2012 1:13 PM

Nov 2012
Really like Kei this episode.

Glad Yamato realized his mistakes at the end.
Dec 8, 2012 1:19 PM
Sep 2012
Megu's plan didn't work out thankfully. I doubt she will back off though. Aiko is definitely aware that Megu is a bit off and Kai seems to be as well
Dec 8, 2012 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
Eeee! I love Kai so much! And Aiko! She's not naive and doesn't like Megu! Woohoo!
Dec 8, 2012 1:50 PM
Sep 2012
I knew Megumi was too mice for it to be true. I could smell the BS coming from her for miles. Asami was practically worshiping Megu from the very beginning while Aiko came to regret going along to the restaurant with those three. At least she's a smart one.

Kei is a really good guy for being there for Mei when Yamato abandoned her yet again.

At least everything was settled in one great episode.
Dec 8, 2012 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
i can't decide what to think about Yamato, if he's perfect or he's a complete asshole
Dec 8, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2011
Well, I'm glad that was resolved there.

Their past is interesting.
Dec 8, 2012 2:08 PM
Sep 2012
helensan said:
i can't decide what to think about Yamato, if he's perfect or he's a complete asshole
How about a good-hearted, well-intentioned dumb-ass?
Dec 8, 2012 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
Kai was just awesome on this one, he already noticed Megumi's scheme. Poor bitch lol, let's see what she's trying to pull off again next week.
Keep moving forward
Dec 8, 2012 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Lolitha said:
Wow yamato is stupid, believing people like that. Yeah kai is awesome, loved parts where he was talking to mei. Good thing that he will not try to steal mei away. Megu is such a bitch, not just about mei. Looks like Aiko doesn't trust her much. Love her character.

Well, I mean. No one would want to believe things like that about their lover. Yamato tried to deny it at first. But when you hear that kind of thing about the person you're dating, you're going to mull over it the entire day. And then you feel slightly better after the person invites you out or something, just for that happiness to be crushed when you hear a really big rumour about the person you're dating and someone else.

If someone saw Mei and Kai from a distance, they'd think that they would be going out on a date. Of course Yamato would be caught of guard, and though those feelings are annoying, I don't blame the guy. Also, Yamato hasn't been in love with another girl as he has with Mei.

This episode was great, I really love Kai. He's such an awesome character, and he's not a typical rival either.

Megu's a bitch as usual. I feel so bad for Momo like I did in the manga.

Are they really going to have time to finish the Megu arc (It's not really an arc but whatever)...? There're only three episodes.

And they never showed us the Hayakawa x Chiharu thing either D': I really liked their story.
Dec 8, 2012 2:13 PM
Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Lolitha said:

Well, I mean. No one would want to believe things like that about their lover. Yamato tried to deny it at first. But when you hear that kind of thing about the person you're dating, you're going to mull over it the entire day. And then you feel slightly better after the person invites you out or something, just for that happiness to be crushed when you hear a really big rumour about the person you're dating and someone else.

If someone saw Mei and Kai from a distance, they'd think that they would be going out on a date. Of course Yamato would be caught of guard, and though those feelings are annoying, I don't blame the guy. Also, Yamato hasn't been in love with another girl as he has with Mei.
Everyone knows how rumors are spread and Yamato should ask Mei first what happened instead of believing the rumors people spread around.

Everyone close to Mei knows that she isn't that kind of person and if he can't trust in their relationship enough to even ask Mei what exactly happened - then what's the point in them staying together? The most important thing in a relationship is trust and if he can't trust Mei to even bother asking her a simple question then they should break it off.
Dec 8, 2012 2:29 PM

Apr 2008
Okay this episode made me fucking rage. Firstly, Megu-tan is a true conniving bitch. That glare she gave Mei with everyone else around, now I understand the manga readers' hatred of her. She needs to go away ASAP!

Secondly, Yamato is fucking stupid. Dude, do you not trust Mei???? Would she ever have the courage to ask another guy out in the first place?! NO!! So put two and two together that Megu-tan fucking played you for a fool yet again! Try talking to your girlfriend before you start accusing her of things she'd never do! I just can't stand Yamato now, dude is so oblivious and gets taken advantage of so easily! AGGGGHFUFHASFADFU....this guy frustrates me. Thank god Kai beat some sense into him, a voice of reason!

I'm not sure this episode is a success because I actually felt seething rage towards Megu and Yamato, even though that's a good sign you're deeply invested in the characters. Still, this is why I prefer Tonari (the better shoujo): sure that show has love rivals, but they aren't 2-dimensional and annoying.
apolloisfineDec 8, 2012 2:33 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Dec 8, 2012 2:30 PM

Aug 2011
AiCon said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Lolitha said:

Everyone knows how rumors are spread and Yamato should ask Mei first what happened instead of believing the rumors people spread around.

Everyone close to Mei knows that she isn't that kind of person and if he can't trust in their relationship enough to even ask Mei what exactly happened - then what's the point in them staying together? The most important thing in a relationship is trust and if he can't trust Mei to even bother asking her a simple question then they should break it off.

Yamato doesn't really know about Mei. He knows her in terms of character, but he doesn't know anything about her past. He really wants to trust her too.

I guess Yamato's just an idiot. He's also a beginner in this kind of relationship, so he really doesn't know how to act when faced with a situation like this. So next time this kind of thing happens, he'd go and ask Mei.

If my memory serves me correctly, in the manga, Yamato told Megumi that he didn't need her telling him these things and he'd ask Mei himself.

I agree that trust is the basis of any relationship though. I think that Yamato just has to learn to trust Mei more rather than half listening to rumours.
Dec 8, 2012 2:45 PM
Mar 2011
AiCon said:
helensan said:

haha exactly right
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 8, 2012 2:54 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AiCon said:
helensan said:
Seems to cover most of it :)
As it stands right now, Kai has grown more in two or three episodes than Yamato has most of this series, and, while I'm not normally a "shipper", at this point I'd say Mei has a better choice than Yamato.
Dec 8, 2012 3:07 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really curious how will things sort out between Kai and Yamato.
Dec 8, 2012 3:09 PM
Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
AiCon said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Lolitha said:

Yamato doesn't really know about Mei. He knows her in terms of character, but he doesn't know anything about her past. He really wants to trust her too.

I guess Yamato's just an idiot. He's also a beginner in this kind of relationship, so he really doesn't know how to act when faced with a situation like this. So next time this kind of thing happens, he'd go and ask Mei.

If my memory serves me correctly, in the manga, Yamato told Megumi that he didn't need her telling him these things and he'd ask Mei himself.

I agree that trust is the basis of any relationship though. I think that Yamato just has to learn to trust Mei more rather than half listening to rumours.
Yamato doesn't have to know about her past in order to trust Mei enough to withhold judgement until he actually asks Mei what happened instead of believing everyone else and their rumors.

Yamato already knows what Mei's character is like since they've gotten to know each other a little bit.

I'm not saying that he should trust her completely and without question - just trust her enough to not believe the rumors and ask her what happened. I don't think that it's something too much to ask from someone he loves.
IconicDec 8, 2012 3:15 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:12 PM
Sep 2012
amginex said:
AiCon said:
helensan said:

haha exactly right
Cratex said:
AiCon said:
helensan said:
Seems to cover most of it :)
As it stands right now, Kai has grown more in two or three episodes than Yamato has most of this series, and, while I'm not normally a "shipper", at this point I'd say Mei has a better choice than Yamato.
LOL

I think that we all know that Mei will never get with Kai anytime this season. I just wish that Yamato would stop being such an idiot. I'm glad that Kai stood up to Yamato and brought some much needed sense into him.
Dec 8, 2012 3:19 PM
Oct 2009
Wow, I've gotten to the point where I don't care one bit about any of these characters. I mean come on. I guess I can understand that Mei isn't good at talking about what's bothering her, but Yamato just goes and believes all the tiny rumors even though it's obvious Mei isn't the type to go out on dates with other guys? When a problem can be solved by just the exchange of a few words, but it takes the whole episode and punches and angst and all that, it really irritates me lol.
Dec 8, 2012 3:20 PM

Nov 2009
2easy4AgEnT said:
Kai was just awesome on this one, he already noticed Megumi's scheme. Poor bitch lol, let's see what she's trying to pull off again next week.

i thought Megumi pretty much gave it away when she was giving Kai the Land tickets
lolol
Dec 8, 2012 3:32 PM

Aug 2011
AiCon said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
AiCon said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Lolitha said:

Yamato doesn't have to know about her past in order to trust Mei enough to withhold judgement until he actually asks Mei what happened instead of believing everyone else and their rumors.

Yamato already knows what Mei's character is like since they've gotten to know each other a little bit.

I'm not saying that he should trust her completely and without question - just trust her enough to not believe the rumors and ask her what happened. I don't think that it's something too much to ask from someone he loves.

Okay, this, I agree with. I'm pretty sure in the manga he did, but they didn't show it in the anime. It's kind of disappointing. I understand his feeling of doubt when he hears the rumours, but I feel like he should have asked her to make sure.
Dec 8, 2012 3:36 PM
Sep 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Okay, this, I agree with. I'm pretty sure in the manga he did, but they didn't show it in the anime. It's kind of disappointing. I understand his feeling of doubt when he hears the rumours, but I feel like he should have asked her to make sure.
Glad we came to an agreement.

I thought the show followed the manga very closely. It doesn't make sense why they wouldn't show that part.
Dec 8, 2012 3:49 PM

May 2011
Not to defend Yamato too much, but lets not forget that he tried a lot of times to get Mei to open up to him, but when it comes to him, she's pretty standoffish..immediately with Kai she feels at ease and can relate to him more because they were both outcasts..she and Yamato are both from different worlds, while Yamato tried to get close to her, Mei didnt meet him half way majority of the time...through the entire anime it has been Yamato chasing Mei.
<center></center>
Dec 8, 2012 3:58 PM
Sep 2012
kwills88 said:
Not to defend Yamato too much, but lets not forget that he tried a lot of times to get Mei to open up to him, but when it comes to him, she's pretty standoffish..immediately with Kai she feels at ease and can relate to him more because they were both outcasts..she and Yamato are both from different worlds, while Yamato tried to get close to her, Mei didnt meet him half way majority of the time...through the entire anime it has been Yamato chasing Mei.
It's understandable why she would be that way when Yamato asks her about her past or to do stuff together. That said, I don't think that she would have kept quiet if Yamato asked her, while they were alone, what happened. I mean cheating is not something people would just keep quiet about unless they're trying to hide something.
Dec 8, 2012 4:18 PM

Sep 2007
Man...I'm glad this misunderstanding cleared up in one ep........ in the manga it seemed like it would take 3 times as long *cough*

Anyway, here's hoping that the trip to 'Land' is next ep? =)
(gawd... I hate how there are no 'next ep previews' in this thing....even though the end monologue with Marshmallow is always cute)

And to bring a little more clarification to the table... in the manga...
IkanoDec 8, 2012 4:23 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 8, 2012 4:43 PM
Dec 2011
That Megumi really is horrible. Few more episodes to go, guess it will end nicely but who knows? Maybe there will be some more upsets.
Dec 8, 2012 4:52 PM

Nov 2012
I really liked this episode, one of the reasons are how this episode has been close enough to the manga. I loved the Kai and Yamato fight, it was awesome(and hot in away xD). I still don't think Yamato has the right to be pissed off at all tho. Anyway, Megumi is a bitch and I hate her(I think Aiko does too). Mei was adorable but, I'm still upset her hair isn't long yet, in the manga by the time she went to Land with Yamato her hair was really long. I really hope there isn't just three more episodes left... I'll be really pissed.

PS: Kai is awesome/I love him, and Yamato is nieve(I still love him tho...sometimes)
xxXKittyXxxDec 8, 2012 5:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2012 4:56 PM

May 2008
AiCon said:

Yamato did try to get an answer out of Mei , just that he didnt really wait for her answer . Mei could have taken the initiative to ask Yamato what he is talking about but she didnt. It is hard to start a conversation like this , sometimes you say stuff you don't mean , your emotions are unstable , and your brain is filled with negative thoughts.So much so that 1 wrong word can drive you nuts , it can happen to some people. I think you are being too harsh on Yamato. Im not trying to say Yamato didnt do anything wrong , but cut him some slack , nobody is perfect.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 8, 2012 5:59 PM
Jun 2008
another day as usual give kai hearing mei talk about Land place then see megumi yet give kai some Land tickets cause by look she "plans" on something.

cause look megumi is bit dark side showing cause it megumi also had rough past so now being jealous mei to try "messed" mei a bit got mei bit sad til kai appear had some talk to help mei.

mei all back in doing well during with alone with kai give those tickets cue spread to school & here come yamato wonder what is going on?

yamato & kai going at it give few punch & also give yamato remind of past cause kai feel same way like mei so after hearing all calm it & yamato get it so now yamato ask mei to the Land place.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 8, 2012 7:06 PM

May 2008
Wow Megumi is REALLY pissing me off the deep end. She needs to fucking STOP. She's turning into Sai from Peach Girl basically.

Gdi this show is frustrating but I love it.

Dec 8, 2012 7:59 PM

Jan 2012
That was such an awesome confession!!!!!! xD

Mei x Kai!!! :D

PS: I love how Mei is just standing there, watching them fight(over her) xD

Dec 8, 2012 8:28 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
IheartAnime77 said:
I wouldn't say that they were fighting over her. Yamato was fighting over her, but Kai was focused on something else - it involved Mei, but not in the same way that it was an issue for Yamato.
Dec 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2011
Why are the characters... just so bad? I should be fangirling over their "cute" moments but I find myself cringing instead. I can't sympathize with either of them. This show is just so melodramatic. At least it makes me hate that dumb bimbo Megu-twat.
Dec 8, 2012 9:00 PM

Nov 2011
IheartAnime77 said:

I wish my plain/emo personality and plain looks could get two of the most beautiful people in school to fight over me too.
Dec 8, 2012 10:48 PM

Nov 2012
i can say that mei is a lot stronger than yamato, remember when rumors of yamato and megu spread? what did mei do? she ddn't believe it at first coz he trust yamato, but look at yamato, just a day of rumors and he's gone mad? dafuq dude

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 8, 2012 11:16 PM

Jan 2010
Damn Megu-tan is a bitch but Yamato is about as oblivious about what's going on as anyone can possibly be.
Dec 8, 2012 11:29 PM

Jul 2010
Kai is a really good guy. I'm so proud of his maturity in accepting that Mei is Yamato's girlfriend... it's amazing. He's a better person than Yamato, definitely. Not that I want Kai to be with Mei though, I'm just appreciative of his character. Really unique.
Dec 8, 2012 11:30 PM

Jul 2010
Nhaz said:
i can say that mei is a lot stronger than yamato, remember when rumors of yamato and megu spread? what did mei do? she ddn't believe it at first coz he trust yamato, but look at yamato, just a day of rumors and he's gone mad? dafuq dude

Ikr...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

215 by mo_lave »»
Mar 2, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

96 by belldandy2012 »»
Feb 14, 1:40 PM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.