Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 9, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2009
I think it's too soon , they probably adapt it because they saw money on this because of the gore scenes D:
I hope people don't get into this because of the gore, there is such an awesome plot and characters ...
Why kaji yuki why (?!) T^T
I don't hate him but it doesn't fit eren, i don't want to see eren screaming like a paranoic girl. hope they change it later ( i can't wait to see who's gonna voice rivaille :3)...
about mikasa... don't know what to expect from it, this would be the first time i hear her seiyuu.
probably this would be the theme from the 2013, like with the mirai nikki retards like going "the best anime ever" e.e
Dec 9, 2012 9:43 PM

Feb 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:
love the VA for eren no idea whats your problem with him he made quite an amazing work with shou and haru

That's the problem. Eren is not a Shoe and hes not a beta pig.

lets be honest, eren is quite a whiner from time to time and yuki kaiji is the perfect choice becuase his teenager voice acting
wow this is cool
Dec 9, 2012 9:49 PM

Apr 2012
Gormars said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:
love the VA for eren no idea whats your problem with him he made quite an amazing work with shou and haru

lets be honest, eren is quite a whiner from time to time and yuki kaiji is the perfect choice becuase his teenager voice acting

Then you fail to understand Eren's character.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 9, 2012 9:53 PM

Nov 2009
he just whine once when he's young, i can't complain kaji yuki's voice there.
but later, he grows up he doesn't whine he shout for mankind... it won't be the same with the "going through puberty" voice :S
Dec 9, 2012 10:12 PM

Nov 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:

Agreed, Eren is quite far from a whiner. Is it shocking that he cried when he was a kid and watched as his mom was killed? Or among other brutal scenes like that. His character is far better then what you think of him.

Although, yes, he is nowhere near a Shoe or beta pig, but I don't want to label that VA as someone that is only able to do characters like that. I hope that the VA is successful with Eren, but we'll see in Spring.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Dec 9, 2012 11:23 PM

Apr 2011
I seriously cannot wait for this! The majority of 2012's anime was so generic and boring=SAO. Finally anime from a well-respected manga will be adapt and ACTUALLY be good. 2013 I'm waiting!!!
Dec 9, 2012 11:31 PM

Nov 2011
Yuki Kaji is doing a decent job as Satoru from Shinsekai Yori and his voice sounded pretty good from the trailer. I wouldn't worry too much
The Art of Eight
Dec 9, 2012 11:35 PM

Nov 2010
Ragix said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:

Agreed, Eren is quite far from a whiner. Is it shocking that he cried when he was a kid and watched as his mom was killed? Or among other brutal scenes like that. His character is far better then what you think of him.

Although, yes, he is nowhere near a Shoe or beta pig, but I don't want to label that VA as someone that is only able to do characters like that. I hope that the VA is successful with Eren, but we'll see in Spring.
Yeah people from the beginning had me thinking that Eren was a bad character and Mikasa was the only good one. But he isn't that bad, I believe his reactions are normal and has actually been growing well.

Though I don't have anything against the VA, but I would think of Eren as having a little bit more older sounding voice. That VA's voice is too high, but I don't really have a problem, and will probably still enjoy it completely fine.
Dec 9, 2012 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
He's also doing a decent job as Alibaba.
Dec 10, 2012 1:35 AM

Sep 2012
I like Eren's VA. I haven't watched Guilty Crown or Accel world so I didn't associate it with whiny or fat boy.
Dec 10, 2012 1:51 AM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Ragix said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:
BloodRequiem said:
Gormars said:

Yeah people from the beginning had me thinking that Eren was a bad character and Mikasa was the only good one. But he isn't that bad, I believe his reactions are normal and has actually been growing well.

Though I don't have anything against the VA, but I would think of Eren as having a little bit more older sounding voice. That VA's voice is too high, but I don't really have a problem, and will probably still enjoy it completely fine.

Since when Eren was bad ? The hell ? He's one brave determined dude. And those people that keep whining and saying that Eren was a bad character and Mikasa was the only good one can go kill themselves. If there is No Eren =No Mikasa. His character is far better then what you think of him.

And yes a more elderly voice will be better.

And what is with all the 5 month early reviews ? =.= seriously don't overextend the HYPE as it vexes other people off and cause them to hate the series.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 10, 2012 9:56 AM

Dec 2008
egnaro315 said:
I like Eren's VA. I haven't watched Guilty Crown or Accel world so I didn't associate it with whiny or fat boy.

This.
Dec 10, 2012 3:00 PM

Jul 2011
gotta admit though, that cover art is pretty bad ass
Dec 10, 2012 5:38 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Looks good. PTW'ed.
Dec 10, 2012 6:24 PM

Jun 2010
SAO hype already.
Dec 10, 2012 6:51 PM

Jul 2012
Fuck yeah! Yuki Kaiji is EREN!! This is going to be fucking awesome. Just hoping it'll leave the censorship OUT! This manga has too much gore. But, considering how Muv-Luv's anime got censored regardless of the gore, it's really going to be censored. I hope there's a channel that has it uncensored like it did with Highschool DxD. At least then, we'll get uncensored gory massacres!
Dec 10, 2012 7:11 PM

Dec 2010
Looks pretty awesome.

Dec 10, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
- Looked at trailer, started to get hyped

- Saw the voice actor for the main male lead was the one who did pussy Shu

- Took it off my PTW

...., might still watch it when it comes out, who knows, not expecting it to be any good, so i won't be disappointed.
Dec 11, 2012 12:07 PM

Dec 2007
deathxempress said:
SAO hype already.

But the trailer for this is actually good.

Kaji Yuki, eh? I had nothing against his scream in the trailer, but his "normal" voice is so unnormal and thick. I don't know, maybe he can do well with the right direction. Either way i'm not gonna be all hysteric about it until i actually hear him in the show.
Dec 11, 2012 5:43 PM

Aug 2011
Naxrrhid said:

- Took it off my PTW

...., might still watch it when it comes out, who knows, not expecting it to be any good, so i won't be disappointed.

That is seriously. The stupidest reason to take something off your PTW.

Ok. You hate GC. Sure. You hate Shu. Sure. But don't let that affect your opinion of the seiyuu, who has done a billion more roles than just Shu. If you've seen him as Sion in No.6, his voice can go pretty low. And you're not even giving the story a freaking chance. Just because the seiyuu of one of the MCs is the same seiyuu of a character you hated, from another completely different story?

Also, have you thought that, I don't know, that seiyuus can adapt their voice to the character? Most seiyuus have flexible voice ranges, and Kaji definitely does.

Sorry. That comes across as stupid to me.

EDIT: I'm also sorry if this comes off as really rude which it probably does. I have a lot of RL issues and I tend to vent. :/
LaciieDec 11, 2012 6:07 PM
Dec 11, 2012 11:37 PM

Nov 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Naxrrhid said:

- Took it off my PTW

Ok. You hate GC. Sure. You hate Shu. Sure. But don't let that affect your opinion of the seiyuu, who has done a billion more roles than just Shu. If you've seen him as Sion in No.6, his voice can go pretty low. And you're not even giving the story a freaking chance. Just because the seiyuu of one of the MCs is the same seiyuu of a character you hated, from another completely different story?

Also, have you thought that, I don't know, that seiyuus can adapt their voice to the character? Most seiyuus have flexible voice ranges, and Kaji definitely does.

EDIT: I'm also sorry if this comes off as really rude which it probably does. I have a lot of RL issues and I tend to vent. :/

Going off the characters list that this voice actor did in the past, the chances of the main male lead not being a whiny fagget beta male is extremely low....

- Satoru from Shitsekai Yaoi
- Haru from Accel World
- Shu from Guilty Crown...

I don't think I need any more convincing to predict what kind of character Eren will be (I havent read the manga so i dont know what type he is supposed to be)

But like i said before, i will still check it out...., gonna expect it to be horrible, so i wont be disappointed in the case that it is. I fail to see how looking at the 'track record' of a seiyuu and making a prediction is stupid..., but alas, this is MAL!
Dec 12, 2012 12:39 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, Eren is nothing like Shu or Satoru.

Here is an image of Eren from the very beginning of the manga.

Dec 12, 2012 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
I was so excited about this show until I realized that the MC has black hair. Dropped!
Dec 12, 2012 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
Yeah, Eren is nothing like Shu or Satoru.

Here is an image of Eren from the very beginning of the manga.

since when was Satoru a whiner? at age 12 Satoru fought an entire molerat army on his own without complaining once, he was even enjoying it.
The Art of Eight
Dec 12, 2012 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
You know how people whine and complain that characters like Shu are 'fags'?

Well, the thing about Satoru is...
Dec 12, 2012 1:36 AM

Nov 2011
Amarrez said:
You know how people whine and complain that characters like Shu are 'fags'?

Well, the thing about Satoru is...

LOL cause he is bisexual. Some of the biggest badasses in history were bisexual or gay.
The Art of Eight
Dec 12, 2012 2:51 AM
Jun 2011
looks awesome, can't wait
but please just don't fuck it up...
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Dec 12, 2012 3:46 AM

Nov 2009
UtsukushiiYume said:
Naxrrhid said:

- Took it off my PTW

it's true that they can addapt their voices but kaji didn't show any improvement or at least i didn't see any mature character that he voiced that sounded totally different from the others, every character sound alike, and the trailer doesn't really make me expect that he's going to fit the character...
Dec 12, 2012 10:49 AM

May 2010
Vizi_Reality said:
HQ Version

Holy shet! That looks so epic! :D
Can't wait! 8^D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 12, 2012 11:14 AM
Oct 2010
Love the manga, and I don't see how people can hate on the VA already.. just watch the trailer and you can see it's fine so far.
Dec 12, 2012 6:56 PM

Aug 2011
Naxrrhid said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Naxrrhid said:

- Took it off my PTW

Going off the characters list that this voice actor did in the past, the chances of the main male lead not being a whiny fagget beta male is extremely low....

- Satoru from Shitsekai Yaoi
- Haru from Accel World
- Shu from Guilty Crown...

I don't think I need any more convincing to predict what kind of character Eren will be (I havent read the manga so i dont know what type he is supposed to be)

But like i said before, i will still check it out...., gonna expect it to be horrible, so i wont be disappointed in the case that it is. I fail to see how looking at the 'track record' of a seiyuu and making a prediction is stupid..., but alas, this is MAL!

Satoru was not a whiner. Come on. He was a pretty big badass. Like the other poster said, he pretty much wiped out an entire army. Without complaining or whining even once.

Okay, Haru is a whiner, and Shu is a little baby (but I still love him, my opinion). Have you seen Sion? How about Kosugi? And Walker? Yoh? Lyon? Tatara? Variation? Finnian? Nekomiya? Alibaba? Ganryuu?

None of those guys are whiners.
Dec 12, 2012 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
yea, Alibaba isn't a whiner. Actually he was, but he is not due to chara development.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 13, 2012 2:52 AM

Nov 2012
That was fvcking awesome trailer o.O
Dec 14, 2012 4:00 AM

Apr 2010
damn, awesome animation. will definitely watch this!
Dec 14, 2012 2:24 PM

May 2008
neontaster said:
I was so excited about this show until I realized that the MC has black hair. Dropped!
What's that got to do with anything?
Dec 14, 2012 6:23 PM

Nov 2011
Kupoop said:
neontaster said:

I was being sarcastic because of the people making comments on who is voicing him.
Dec 15, 2012 12:30 AM

Sep 2012
Kupoop said:
neontaster said:

It's obvious if you look at his favorites.
Dec 15, 2012 12:35 AM

May 2010
waited for this shit for so long, hurry up
Dec 16, 2012 10:34 PM

Feb 2005
Well, I'm definitely interested in seeing how these action scenes turn out.
Seeing how it's 80% ugly naked giants eating and dismembering people, I'm expecting the screen to be butchered by sudden beams of light or inexplicable shadows all the time. Bloody censors.
Dec 17, 2012 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
I certainly hope this is a high budget production.

All the fighting with the giants could be nicely animated.

Especially the flying part just looks awesome
Dec 21, 2012 4:43 AM

Oct 2007
there's not nearly enough story material for this ...

the anime looks amazing! @_@
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2012
Loving the art, it really is similar to the manga's which is quite rough and sketchy and I think Yuki Kaji sounds ok in the trailer but then again I will reserve judgement until release. I also agree with above poster, I hope to god they don't do an original ending or something and f it up :s
Dec 25, 2012 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
What? They can easily animate a whole season.

An episode usually covers about 20 or 30 pages, right? There might only be 40 chapters, but they are over 40 pages each, so it'll be fine.
Dec 25, 2012 3:02 PM

Oct 2012
I think the VA seems great. I love his work. The only problem is that he keeps getting roles of wimps, which isn't the case here, so it should be fine.
Dec 26, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2012
Damn I sure am glad I stumbled upon this..looks very promising. Wonder if it'll be a short one, what with the manga still ongoing.
Jan 1, 2013 3:14 AM

Apr 2007
New Full Metal Alchemist o.O...
Jan 1, 2013 11:00 PM
Oct 2011
Each chapter is more detailed than it is long, so even if it is 40 chapters long when animated it won't seem like so much
Jan 2, 2013 11:53 AM

Mar 2011
This looks awesome.

But I know every time I look at those Giants I'm going to think of the Titans
Jan 4, 2013 7:37 PM

Jul 2011
LOL. Excited after watching the PV, but dropped to some irrational reason? Well, if it's good, then you're the ones missing out.

I am looking forward to the action and animation. I haven't read the manga, so not sure how it'll turn out (I don't want to possibly disappoint myself when I watch). Not too interested in giant monsters attacking. A bit lame to me, but maybe it'll pull it off. (Looks like definite good action though.)
Jan 6, 2013 8:39 PM

Nov 2009
IchigoHollowfi said:
Vizi_Reality said:
HQ Version

Holy shet! That looks so epic! :D
Can't wait! 8^D

Very nice, i'm totally checking this out!
I guess I should check the manga as well
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

36 by InsomniacBastard »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.