Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
May 5, 2013 8:40 AM
Jun 2011
I'm having a "We've had a problem keeping you logged in. Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in" problem.

Browser Chrome
From Turkey
May 6, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2006
Melodyflames said:
from singapore.. i used th hotspotshield vpn and it works

OMG Thank you for this suggestion!!! I finally got in!! After more than 5 months I can finally login at home... *crys*
May 6, 2013 1:56 PM
Aug 2011
Finally a solution
it worked for me thanks a lot Melodyflames ^^
May 7, 2013 9:22 AM

Feb 2013
its good because sometimes we need to clean the rubish
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2013 12:42 AM
Jun 2009
Any other solution rather than using a VPN? I have been locked out from my account for about 1/2 a year. Finally able to log in from my corporate network. Im connecting from Singapore
May 8, 2013 2:05 AM

May 2009
lowyb1 said:
Any other solution rather than using a VPN? I have been locked out from my account for about 1/2 a year. Finally able to log in from my corporate network. Im connecting from Singapore

ATM, no. Trying to contact Xinil for help but he's a little busy.
May 8, 2013 5:02 AM

Aug 2011
im from Romania and i keep gheting the clear your cookies thing but its all cool i just have to log in evry time i restart my pc not a big deal im just leting you guys know just in case !
May 8, 2013 8:36 PM

Apr 2013
mikhailn said:
lowyb1 said:

ATM, no. Trying to contact Xinil for help but he's a little busy.

Please do whatever you can. I sent him a PM two weeks ago but he hasn't replied yet. This is really killing a big part of the site. It MUST be gone. :(
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
May 9, 2013 5:44 AM

Dec 2010
Is this issue is ever going to be solved? I'm this close to quitting MAL
please fix it ASAP and no I don't want a temporary solution
What's so hard about fixing this issue and its taking this long?
May 11, 2013 9:33 AM

May 2011
I also have a problem with staying logged in for a while now. It happens several times a day.

I'm from Turkey and using firefox.
May 11, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2009
This may not have to due with this but today my avast thinks every MALl page here is a virus... :/
May 12, 2013 3:39 AM
May 2012
Yeah I have the same problem every time I use the site I have to log back in.

I use Chrome

I'm from Ireland
May 12, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 2012
Same problem.

Philippines
Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m
Windows 7 Professional

I've just ignored it for the past few months.
Though it's getting annoying how it's still broken.
May 13, 2013 3:38 AM

Feb 2010
Me too. Same problem.
Cookies
Chrome Win7x64

and I just noticed, it seems that the signature isn't updating too?

Philippines
stellefreieMay 13, 2013 3:43 AM
May 13, 2013 4:07 AM
Aug 2009
It's even getting worse. :/ Up until the last time I visited MAL I "only" had to log in each and every time again. Now I even had to manually delete cookies. When I tried to log in and was redirected to /panel.php I was told I first had to log in to view the page. -.-

I really love the service MAL offers and it would be really sad if this manner of seemingly ignoring* annoying problems and disimproving the page continues to a point it forces the community to switch to another service.

*seemingly — maybe you're working hard on it and just don't tell us. idk. if you do, sorry for all the ranting. but then why not just tell us you're working on it?
May 15, 2013 5:09 AM
Apr 2013
Anyone knows of any good alternative to MAL so i can port over?

MAL is broken and can't really be considered a website at all if you cannot login without using a proxy or VPN.
May 18, 2013 10:54 PM

Aug 2008
Funny thing, I waited for months before clearing my cookies and while I hadn't done it yet, MAL only asked me to sign in cause of the "cookie problem" max once a week. Maybe even not that often. Didn't even annoy me that much (hence me not clearing the cookies right away).
Then I finally opted for clearing cookies and now MAL has the "cookie problem" every day...

Browser: Chrome
May 20, 2013 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder if they'll ever fix this problem. I literally have no alternative place to go to.

and I love this site for managing my anime/manga.
May 21, 2013 8:08 AM

May 2010
I have to re-login after several minutes of absense.
Also, if I enable "remember me" option and try to log-in, it fails, I am moved to my panel and get a message "you don't have access to this page" (or something similar).
EDIT: Nevermind the latter, it worked alright just now.
OneMoreMay 21, 2013 12:01 PM
May 22, 2013 1:17 AM
Aug 2010
Thanks and finally got to login back into the community :|
May 22, 2013 1:42 AM

May 2009
datsui said:
Thanks and finally got to login back into the community :|

With or without using proxies or vpn?
May 26, 2013 12:17 PM
Aug 2011
Guys seriously are u trying to fix this problem
I can't stay logged in for 1 min ,one click on any link and I get kicked out and then I try to log in again and It doesn't let me to ,only after raping the log in button I can finally log in
and then again I get kicked out after 2 to 3 clicks if not 1 if I was lucky
at least just say if u can fix it or u cant for any reason so I can know to leave the site or wait cuz I really like MAL

Chrome
Iraq

I logged in about 15 times just to post this replay
probably I will get ignored, but thank u in advance :D
May 26, 2013 8:09 PM
Aug 2012
I have to re-login everyday cause i have "cookie problems"
Anyone knows if they are gonna fix it soon? I'm having this problem for weeks and it's annoying me a lot... I'm not even updating my lists anymore

I'm using Google Chrome, and I'm from Brazil.
May 27, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2007
I haven't been following this, but I guess it's those outside the US (or North America?) who are experiencing login issues? I also have to keep logging in, but maybe only once or twice a week...
May 27, 2013 8:51 AM
May 2010
Having this problem in a while and it's bothering me.

Browser: Firefox
May 28, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
Really, this problem is freaking me out too. I'm totally not logging these days because of this bug. Unfortunatelly though.

Hope you solve this fast...
May 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2008
mikhailn said:
I recommend setting a proxy for those in Singapore who cannot log in

1. in Google Chrome -> Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Change Proxy Settings
2. LAN Settings -> tick Use Proxy Server for your LAN
3. Address: proxy.singnet.com.sg
Port: 8080

Let me know if it works

Thank you. finally can login.
May 31, 2013 6:50 AM
May 2013
Sorry! We've had a problem keeping you logged in.
Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in. Thanks.

I clear cookies

help plz :(
Jun 4, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
Only just today got this problem, took me 20+ tries to get logged in...
Browser: Google Chrome
Jun 4, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2013
I've been having this problem, and I'm in the US. I get logged out every other day or so. Doesn't matter what browser I'm using.
Jun 6, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
I try to login using Chrome but it says I have to clear my cookies.
I cleared my cookies I still had the same problem.
Also when I try to login it tells me I need to login to see the page.
I'm like: I'm trying to!
I hope you guys can fix it soon.
Jun 7, 2013 2:29 AM
Aug 2009
Woha :O — I just opened MAL from a different IP than yesterday and did not loose my session. Strange exception or is this finally fixed?

If not, just to let others know: hummingbird.me (they switched from .ly to .me) could soon be a suitable MAL alternative. :)
Jun 7, 2013 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
IllDepence said:
Woha :O — I just opened MAL from a different IP than yesterday and did not loose my session. Strange exception or is this finally fixed?

Yeah, seems fixed! I didn't loose session after IP change too!
Jun 7, 2013 9:11 PM
Jun 2012
i gave it a try and i didn't lose my session too :o
Jun 8, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2011
Been facing the issue for over 6 months. Country - Bangladesh
Jun 8, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2013
Seems fixed? I hope it won't ever come back.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Jun 9, 2013 6:12 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
The authentication code has been updated in the last few days. These updates should now:
- no longer logout users with dynamic IPs (changing once every 24 hours, etc.);
- allow users with hyper-dynamic IPs that change on successive page loads to remain logged in.

I apologise that this issue took so long to be fixed. All of your posts in this thread helped to encourage Crave to change our authentication system, so thank you for your feedback. The intention was to keep the site secure after our terrible hacker experience and I believe the number of users this would impact was underestimated.

If you are still having problems, please:
1. clear your cookies
2. check "Keep me logged in" if you are using your home computer.

If this doesn't work, please give a detailed description of what is happening (how often you are getting logged out) and if this problem is fixed in different browsers. If you can't remain logged in long enough to post, then please join our IRC channel and send me a message.

Thank you all for your patience over the last months and my apologies again for the very long delay.
KinetaJun 9, 2013 6:17 AM
Jun 9, 2013 12:05 PM
Jul 2011
Thanks for fixing this. I had lost all hope for it ever getting better, so it will take a while to for me to truly understand that it really happened, but it's a good thing that you finally made this decision.
Jun 9, 2013 8:23 PM

Dec 2008
Many thanks for solving that issue :)
New profile design sucks.
Jun 9, 2013 11:11 PM

Mar 2013
I haven't had to log in again recently due to the previously mentioned cookie issue. Thank you all!
Jun 11, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 2013
Kineta said:
The authentication code has been updated in the last few days. These updates should now:
- no longer logout users with dynamic IPs (changing once every 24 hours, etc.);
- allow users with hyper-dynamic IPs that change on successive page loads to remain logged in.

I apologise that this issue took so long to be fixed. All of your posts in this thread helped to encourage Crave to change our authentication system, so thank you for your feedback. The intention was to keep the site secure after our terrible hacker experience and I believe the number of users this would impact was underestimated.

If you are still having problems, please:
1. clear your cookies
2. check "Keep me logged in" if you are using your home computer.

If this doesn't work, please give a detailed description of what is happening (how often you are getting logged out) and if this problem is fixed in different browsers. If you can't remain logged in long enough to post, then please join our IRC channel and send me a message.

Thank you all for your patience over the last months and my apologies again for the very long delay.

After 3-4 days of smooth use of the site, I just got logged out out of the blue. Tried logging in by checking "always remember", failed. Logged in without checking it, intentionally logged out and this time successfully logged in "always remember" checked.

When the problem was here, checking "always remember" sometimes caused you to fail to log in. Like this. The fact that it worked at the second time is good, but there's a fair chance that problem is back.

Have you made any changes after the fix? Did you revert back?
Myanimelist
Jun 11, 2013 3:05 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Topic Locked.

Please see this thread for the latest updates on this issue.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by mushfik002 »»
5 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

422 by Hayukoo »»
Yesterday, 8:30 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.