Forum Settings
Forums

Kuroko no Basket Gets Banned at Comiket 83

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 6:38 AM

Feb 2012
That no good threatining mother fucker.
Dec 8, 2012 6:38 AM

Sep 2010
Stupid. I understand the decision of the executive committee.
I don't understand who send these threats : people who loves the KnB or who hate KnB?
Dec 8, 2012 6:46 AM

Dec 2007
GAHHH!! This is so frustrating!!
Dec 8, 2012 6:54 AM

Jan 2012
Squatta said:
That's such bull. I really hope the freak that sent those threats gets caught so this crap can end.

I agree :/

Dec 8, 2012 7:02 AM

Jul 2010
Why this is happening with KuroBas??? :((!!! I can't believe it!

That's so SO sad u_____u
Dec 8, 2012 7:02 AM

Apr 2010
And they keep on giving the crazy guy what he wants.

Dec 8, 2012 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
ZorroGuevara said:
Stupid. I understand the decision of the executive committee.
I don't understand who send these threats : people who loves the KnB or who hate KnB?

Could be either.
Dec 8, 2012 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

I think they just meant the threats in general keeping the studio from making another season - not this specific threat. Sadly, it's a possibility - there's no way they weren't planning on continuing the show, and it did great, but with something like this they studio or producer might back out. At least until he's caught...but then they might not want to spend the money on continuing it.
As much as I agree with you in general, I still cannot help feeling that the terrorist is having a party to himself because he managed to destroy the fun for the KuroBas fans in the biggest fan event of Japan, the Comiket. It is not just their fun, but quite many doujin artists actually depend on Comiket for quite a good part of their income or at least for them to build names and connection. Losing all opportunity to present at this event (redraw and reprint the doujinshi is not possible at this late stage) is a huge blow. I also think that quite many doujin artists may already have their doujinshi printed or merchandise made. Many of them may face financial ruin if they cannot sell them (or sell only very little by alternative channels like internet). All I say is that the police are now made to look incompetent and worse, not taking grievances of otaku seriously and so think that cancelling one after another doujin or fan event is no big deal, at least this is what a lot of fans in Japan now tend to think.

Downgrade355 said:

That's probably true, though it's not much of a loss for the studio and comiket as it is for the fans.
I am sure fans lose the most, although I would say that Comiket stands to lose quite a bit of money as they now have to return all the money paid by the doujin groups to rent the booths. Estimates for KuroBas doujin groups numbers to over a thousand at the very least, so the total sum for the whole 3 days is not really negligible.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 8, 2012 8:15 AM

Feb 2012
Ughh, are these guys serious? Putting off events because of one butthurt piece of shit.
Dec 8, 2012 8:18 AM

Mar 2011
Of all the fucking series, it had to be this one....

</3
Dec 8, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
Does Japan know of a magical concept called a sting operation, they could have lured the terrorist there and arrested him in front of thousands of fans.

At least C83 isn't cancelled like I feared at first.

Dec 8, 2012 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
IceBurn said:
Ughh, are these guys serious? Putting off events because of one butthurt piece of shit.
Don't think they put it off. They just ask everything related to KuroBas not to participate in this event. Comiket itself is too big for it to be put off or called off.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 8, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2012
AiCon said:
Some people take their anime a little too seriously. I mean death threats over a basketball show - how retarded is that?

Seriously people are crazy!
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 8, 2012 8:36 AM

Oct 2012
Hoppy said:
Does Japan know of a magical concept called a sting operation, they could have lured the terrorist there and arrested him in front of thousands of fans.

I want to believe the police thought about that possibility, however there are thousands of people who attend Comiket, it would be really hard to pull it off successfully.
Dec 8, 2012 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
I am sure fans lose the most, although I would say that Comiket stands to lose quite a bit of money as they now have to return all the money paid by the doujin groups to rent the booths. Estimates for KuroBas doujin groups numbers to over a thousand at the very least, so the total sum for the whole 3 days is not really negligible.

I am sure Touhou and SAO's going to drown them in money.

Hoppy said:

They can't cancel japan's biggest anime/comic event when they can just sacrifice a very small part of it instead lol
Downgrade355Dec 8, 2012 8:43 AM
Dec 8, 2012 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
franzb said:
Hoppy said:

I want to believe the police thought about that possibility, however there are thousands of people who attend Comiket, it would be really hard to pull it off successfully.

They are searching people there so the chances he would be caught are a bit higher.

Dec 8, 2012 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
I never doubt Comiket will still make a profit. But some loss they'll have to bear anyway with the loss of the hugely popular KuroBas, not to say the view of more than one thousand booths looking empty in the venue (I doubt how likely they will be picked up by others at such a late stage). That said, I worry a lot more about those doujin artists who have paid for the doujin to be printed (or merchandise to be manufactured) and now cannot sell them at Comiket.

Dec 8, 2012 8:47 AM

Nov 2008
Downgrade355 said:
symbv said:

Hoppy said:

They can't cancel japan's biggest anime/comic event when they can just sacrifice a very small part of it instead lol

That and Media Factory's trinity (merchandise from Sakarasou, Senran Kagura, and Haganai)

Dec 8, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2012
^ You think merchandise from Sakurasou will sell well?

Dec 8, 2012 8:51 AM

Jun 2012
Anime is srs business.
Dec 8, 2012 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
^ And manga too, don't forget that.

Dec 8, 2012 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
LOL....what a joke!

BTW, WTF is Kuroko no Basket?

XD
Dec 8, 2012 8:55 AM

Jan 2011
This has been going on for months now. If it happened in America this situation would have been handled before it even begun.
JustALEX said:
BTW, WTF is Kuroko no Basket?

XD

Basketball manga that was 3rd top selling manga this year.
[center]
Dec 8, 2012 9:01 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Not to say the view of more than one thousand booths looking empty in the venue (I doubt how likely they will be picked up by others at such a late stage). That said, I worry a lot more about those doujin artists who have paid for the doujin to be printed (or merchandise to be manufactured) and now cannot sell them at Comiket.

Quite a sad view...I'm sure they can sell them at another time though or next summer. Maybe outside Big Sight premises perhaps.
Dec 8, 2012 9:06 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
^ You think merchandise from Sakurasou will sell well?

Well modest sales, in actuality I'm more focused on the last two especially Senran Kagura.

Dec 8, 2012 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Taken from 2ch: These are the amount of circles that were planned to be set up in the womens section of Comiket:

Comic Market 83 - Doujin circles aimed at women
900 - Kuroko no Basket
426 - Prince of Tennis
318 - Gintama
262 - Reborn
208 - One Piece
182 - Naruto
137 - Haikyuu!!
126 - Yu-Gi-Oh series
98 - BLEACH
68 - Toriko
66 - Saint Seiya series
40 - Nurarihyon no Mago
38 - D.gray-man
34 - Dragon Ball, Captain Tsubasa, Slam Dunk
32 - Jojo
30 - Hunter x Hunter
24 - Hikaru no Go
21 - Sket Dance
16 - Medaka Box, Neuro
13 - Death Note
10 - Beelzebub
9 - Bakuman
6 - Assassination Classroom
2 - PSI Kusuo Saiki

That area is gonna be barren...

Dec 8, 2012 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
VioLink said:

2nd, actually. First manga to take the #2 spot from Nardo since 2008:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-12-02/10-top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2012

Dec 8, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2008
VioLink said:

Oh, that explains it.

I absolutely dislike most sports related anime.
Dec 8, 2012 9:16 AM
Nov 2008
Prepare yourselves, furious fujoshis are coming.
Dec 8, 2012 9:18 AM

Aug 2011
Oh come on. This is such bullshit. I'm so tired of this. Are the police even working on this case? Because this is damn big, and they haven't caught the criminal for two months.

Not only that, instead of banning KurBasu items, why don't they just increase security? Succumbing to the criminal's demands is not the way to go.
Dec 8, 2012 9:19 AM
Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Taken from 2ch: These are the amount of circles that were planned to be set up in the womens section of Comiket.

Whoops. Maybe the comiket committee might try to put up some lifesize SEED cutouts or something at those booths.
Dec 8, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2008
dvp89 said:
Prepare yourselves, furious fujoshis are coming.

There's almost 2200 other doujin circles without it, I doubt it will be that bad.

Jul 2011
The sender has nothing better to do with his life??

Why not continue the event and set up police or something? ;O

Aug 2011
RyanSaotome said:
Taken from 2ch: These are the amount of circles that were planned to be set up in the womens section of Comiket:

900 - Kuroko no Basket
426 - Prince of Tennis
318 - Gintama
262 - Reborn
208 - One Piece
182 - Naruto
137 - Haikyuu!!
126 - Yu-Gi-Oh series
98 - BLEACH
68 - Toriko
66 - Saint Seiya series
40 - Nurarihyon no Mago
38 - D.gray-man
32 - Jojo
30 - Hunter x Hunter
24 - Hikaru no Go
21 - Sket Dance
16 - Medaka Box, Neuro
13 - Death Note
10 - Beelzebub
9 - Bakuman
2 - PSI Kusuo Saiki

Oh my god. Dammit. I'd have wanted to go just (mostly) for the Kurobasu stuff.
Dec 8, 2012 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:

900 - Kuroko no Basket
426 - Prince of Tennis
318 - Gintama
262 - Reborn
208 - One Piece
182 - Naruto
137 - Haikyuu!!
126 - Yu-Gi-Oh series
98 - BLEACH
68 - Toriko
66 - Saint Seiya series
40 - Nurarihyon no Mago
38 - D.gray-man
32 - Jojo
30 - Hunter x Hunter
24 - Hikaru no Go
21 - Sket Dance
16 - Medaka Box, Neuro
13 - Death Note
10 - Beelzebub
9 - Bakuman
2 - PSI Kusuo Saiki

Very good data. Thanks for posting. People may not get the scale of the impact of the announcement to stop KuroBas' participation in Comiket but this should make it really clear. There is impact to Comiket's operating profit as well as the mood and attendance I am sure. And I just don't know how those doujin artists who invested a lot on this Comiket can pull it through.

Dec 8, 2012 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:

900 - Kuroko no Basket
426 - Prince of Tennis
318 - Gintama
262 - Reborn
208 - One Piece
182 - Naruto
137 - Haikyuu!!
126 - Yu-Gi-Oh series
98 - BLEACH
68 - Toriko
66 - Saint Seiya series
40 - Nurarihyon no Mago
38 - D.gray-man
32 - Jojo
30 - Hunter x Hunter
24 - Hikaru no Go
21 - Sket Dance
16 - Medaka Box, Neuro
13 - Death Note
10 - Beelzebub
9 - Bakuman
2 - PSI Kusuo Saiki

Very good data. Thanks for posting. People may not get the scale of the impact of the announcement to stop KuroBas' participation in Comiket but this should make it really clear. There is impact to Comiket's operating profit as well as the mood and attendance I am sure. And I just don't know how those doujin artists who invested a lot on this Comiket can pull it through.

I doubt there will be much profit loss but I do feel sorry for the artists who won't get noticed due to the ban, hopefully the time they spent will not go to waste and they can show their works at a future event.

Dec 8, 2012 9:31 AM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:

That and Media Factory's trinity (merchandise from Sakarasou, Senran Kagura, and Haganai)

Touhou alone will drown them in money. Then there's SAO, Madoka, Nisemono, etc etc etc. KnB would probably not even be called a sacrifice when compared to this lol.
Senran kagura would probably dominate in C84.

symbv said:
I never doubt Comiket will still make a profit. But some loss they'll have to bear anyway with the loss of the hugely popular KuroBas, not to say the view of more than one thousand booths looking empty in the venue (I doubt how likely they will be picked up by others at such a late stage). That said, I worry a lot more about those doujin artists who have paid for the doujin to be printed (or merchandise to be manufactured) and now cannot sell them at Comiket.

I'm pretty sure the "loss" isn't something to consider since in CCS they sold quite alot. Comiket is becoming more and more for the Otaku, while other small events are crowded evenly among the audiences, with some exceptions like GONEXT and CCS.

Hoppy said:

I doubt there will be much profit loss but I do feel sorry for the artists who won't get noticed due to the ban, hopefully the time they spent will not go to waste and they can show their works at a future event.

That's the thing man, while comiket wouldn't suffer any considerable loss, the artists and the fans will, but like i said, there was CCS, it almost feels like those artists predicted this.
Dec 8, 2012 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
For the Comiket we can tell it will be the rent for the 900 or so booths that now have to be refunded in full. As for the artists, it is not just the time but it may be the money that may prove to be the most worrying. I am sure many must have already paid for the printing of their doujin or manufacturing of the doujin merchandise - doujin artists would not get any advance credit from the printer or maker; they may not even get a refund if they cancel their order now. It is not hard to imagine that some may even face financial ruin because of this unfortunate development.

Downgrade355 said:
Comiket is becoming more and more for the Otaku, while other small events are crowded evenly among the audiences, with some exceptions like GONEXT and CCS.
Interesting you say that. Was Comiket not something almost purely for the Otaku in the past? Why should it now become "more and more" for the Otaku? If anything from my years of experience of attending Comiket, I think I see more casual fans joining the even in recent years compared to the past.
symbvDec 8, 2012 9:38 AM

Dec 8, 2012 9:39 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Interesting you say that. Was Comiket not something almost purely for the Otaku in the past? Why should it now become "more and more" for the Otaku? If anything from my years of experience of attending Comiket, I think I see more casual fans joining the even in recent years compared to the past.

Not really.
early C70s was mostly females, in the recent years, when the Otaku shows started exploding all around the anime industry, at that time Comiket started being predomiantly otaku.
"Casual" fans will mostly go day 1, Otaku crowd the place for all three days.
Dec 8, 2012 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Hoppy said:
For the Comiket we can tell it will be the rent for the 900 or so booths are have to be returned in full. As for the artists, it is not just the time but it may be the money that may prove to be the most worrying. I am sure many must have already paid for the printing of their doujin or manufacturing of the doujin merchandise - doujin artists would not get any advance credit from the printer or maker; they may not even get a refund if they cancel their order now. It is not hard to imagine that some may even face financial ruin because of this unfortunate development.

Downgrade355 said:
Comiket is becoming more and more for the Otaku, while other small events are crowded evenly among the audiences, with some exceptions like GONEXT and CCS.

That's even worse and I doubt they'll get a refund for cancelling their print order regardless if this was declared earlier or not. I think the authorities and the like didn't think this through, they could've had Post 9/11 class security and all would be well.

Dec 8, 2012 9:43 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
Not really.
early C70s was mostly females, in the recent years, when the Otaku shows started exploding all around the anime industry, at that time Comiket started being predomiantly otaku.
"Casual" fans will mostly go day 1, Otaku crowd the place for all three days.
I have gone to Comiket since late 1990s and already there were more male than females. And as I said in recent years I saw more and more casual fans, even families, joining and contrary to what you said many casual fans would not to go in Day 1 because Day 1 is notorious for being the most crowded, or at least most "competitive", because of all the "rare goods" that otakus crave. So I would not say Comiket is becoming "more and more for the otaku".

Dec 8, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
I assume Comiket has to refund nine-hundred tables' worth of entry fees. I don't know how much of their revenue comes from such things but that can't be pleasant. The effect on the circles is definitely worse though.
The refund details are in the source page in the initial post. Each booth costs 7500 Yen so 900 booths mean 6.75 million Yen. Many of the booth renters may also have rented parking space, which costs 2580 Yen apiece, although I think it may be easier to release the parking space for other participants than finding people to rent those booths previously taken up by KuroBas doujin groups.
symbvDec 8, 2012 10:00 AM

Dec 8, 2012 9:49 AM

Aug 2011
What the fuck. KuroBas was one of the only decent shows this year. It doesn't deserve something like this.
Dec 8, 2012 9:50 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
I have gone to Comiket since late 1990s and already there were more male than females. And as I said in recent years I saw more and more casual fans, even families, joining and contrary to what you said many casual fans would not to go in Day 1 because Day 1 is notorious for being the most crowded, or at least most "competitive", because of all the "rare goods" that otakus crave. So I would not say Comiket is becoming "more and more for the otaku".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comiket

"Since Comiket's inception, attendance has been predominantly female"

although i don't trust wikipedia much, this makes sense, especially since at around the C78+ the Top selling Otaku shows started popping up, it's only natural to assume the number of Otaku attendance has increased.

then again, you probably are more familiar with it since you have attended yourself.

Btw, this is a bit off-topic but, you understand/speak/can write japanese? my friend's looking for someone to translate some stuff for him.
Dec 8, 2012 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
"Since Comiket's inception, attendance has been predominantly female"
although i don't trust wikipedia much, this makes sense, especially since at around the C78+ the Top selling Otaku shows started popping up, it's only natural to assume the number of Otaku attendance has increased.
Don't forget Comiket's inception was back in the 1970s. By late 1990s it was definitely attended by more males than females.

Downgrade355 said:
Btw, this is a bit off-topic but, you understand/speak/can write japanese? my friend's looking for someone to translate some stuff for him.
I know Japanese, yes. As for helping translation, it depends on what kind of stuff it is and the amount.

Dec 8, 2012 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

Don't forget Comiket's inception was back in the 1970s. By late 1990s it was definitely attended by more males than females.

That might be it, though my point was that untill the recent years the Otaku shows has started been more predominant, you get what i'm trying to say?

EDIT: he says just a few simple lines.
Dec 8, 2012 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
That might be it, though my point was that untill the recent years the Otaku shows has started been more predominant, you get what i'm trying to say?]
What you said is true but the context when you said "Comiket is becoming more and more for otaku" is a bit off-place because the impression you gave is that it is becoming more and more for otaku in the recent years, but in fact it is becoming less otaku in the last 10 years or so. The part for "Comiket is becoming more and more for otaku" belongs to the past tense, back in the 1970s and 80s.
Downgrade355 said:

Btw scroll up and read that last line lol
I answered it in my edit in my previous post...If it is just a few lines, absolutely no problem.

Dec 8, 2012 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
@symbv
i might have misphrased that, but my point was that since in the past "Moe" shows and otaku-oriented shows weren't as common and predominant as they are now, there weren't many otaku, so it's kinda safe to assume that now that the Otaku shows are predominant and sell very good, the amount of otaku attendance will increase.

Alright cool, i'll just send you a PM when he needs something translated (he says mostly from english to japanese).
Dec 8, 2012 10:09 AM

Jun 2010
I thought that the reason the guy hates KnB is not the potential to draw fujoshi, but rather the Prince-of-Tennis level of physics-defying BS that happen in the story.

Kuroko's insane passes are fine (that's common routine in the NBA), but consistent full court 3's are really pushing it.
Dec 8, 2012 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
@symbv
i might have misphrased that, but my point was that since in the past "Moe" shows and otaku-oriented shows weren't as common and predominant as they are now, there weren't many otaku, so it's kinda safe to assume that now that the Otaku shows are predominant and sell very good, the amount of otaku attendance will increase.
But I think you know as much as I do that otaku are not just into moe shows. Even in the late 1990s there were not that much talk about "moe" shows but hordes of otakus still went and they were going for the doujin for all the various shows that were popular those days. It is just that the otaku in the present days go more for the "moe" shows as the taste among fans has shifted. So in the past there were not much "moe" shows but then the otakus at that time were not looking for those either. So the Comiket at that time was still for the otaku from the otaku's point of view at the time.

So he wants English to Japanese translation? Then I would like to know the subject as getting the proper context (and politeness level) right is often important, a lot more so than in languages like English.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

33 by Yubisoft »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
10 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.