Forum Settings
Forums

Kuroko no Basket Gets Banned at Comiket 83

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2012 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
Otakus are sometimes soooooo retarded

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Dec 8, 2012 11:03 AM
Nov 2012
Death threats? I mean, this kind of thing could spawn from an anime sure, but one about basketball? '~'
Dec 8, 2012 11:10 AM

May 2012
Oh my.. i hope it will not affect KnB 2nd season too [ if there is one]....
Dec 8, 2012 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
rebelakuma said:
Oh my.. i hope it will not affect KnB 2nd season too [ if there is one]....

I can say with confidence that there will be no S2 unless this guy is found. As long as he's out there and is sending threats, no companies will greenlight a multi million dollar project. Too much of a risk.

Dec 8, 2012 11:30 AM
Jun 2009
For KnB to get banned on such a big event; it's such a huge loss for fans.
Dec 8, 2012 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
oh for gods sake i never even saw this anime but if they are just going to countiune to fall for this guys threats is just stupid youre given him control stop doing that dont give in to threats thats just giving him more power are these guy doing nothing about this guy
Dec 8, 2012 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
don't really care about the show, but the most concerning thing about this is that they are caving in to some lunatic. which means every time someone threatens a show, they can be sure to get what they want....
Dec 8, 2012 11:41 AM

Nov 2012
Can someone explain this to me in full, ie; What started it, the results? I'm a bit lost.
Dec 8, 2012 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
gaulems said:
Can someone explain this to me in full, ie; What started it, the results? I'm a bit lost.
The original news thread was gone due to the hacker attack a few days ago, but I find it with Google cache. You can have a read here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rdSf3yteGFEJ:myanimelist.net/forum/%3Ftopicid%3D505465+kuroko+basket+sulphide&cd=1&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 8, 2012 12:04 PM

Jul 2010
well that was unexpected.

Dec 8, 2012 12:07 PM

Feb 2010
I just want that psycho captured. He has screwed up with way too many people now, be it the author, the doujin circles, staff of the Kuroko no Basket events and people related to them plus the fans
Dec 8, 2012 12:10 PM

Jun 2008
Still hope there will be a season 2 despite all the drama : (
Dec 8, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
gaulems said:
The original news thread was gone due to the hacker attack a few days ago, but I find it with Google cache. You can have a read here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rdSf3yteGFEJ:myanimelist.net/forum/%3Ftopicid%3D505465+kuroko+basket+sulphide&cd=1&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp

How horrible. I hope Mr. Fujimaki is feeling ok.
Dec 8, 2012 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
i usually don't give a damn about those things but man that's really extreme. Some poeple take anime way too serious.
Dec 8, 2012 12:24 PM

May 2012
OH f*ckers! I can't see why anyone would get mad about a sports manga/anime....
Dec 8, 2012 12:27 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
MalteseSwordsman said:
oh for gods sake i never even saw this anime but if they are just going to countiune to fall for this guys threats is just stupid youre given him control stop doing that dont give in to threats thats just giving him more power are these guy doing nothing about this guy

If I know right, hundreds of thousands of people are coming to Comiket. It must be hard to secure the place with so many people. They can't just ignore someone who has sent letters with hydrogen sulfide before. It can't be helped. :(

I hope they leave him to rot in prison. That bastard...
Dec 8, 2012 1:00 PM
Jan 2011
Man, are there that many wackos who do such things like that?
Dec 8, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Youjinbou said:
MalteseSwordsman said:

If I know right, hundreds of thousands of people are coming to Comiket. It must be hard to secure the place with so many people. They can't just ignore someone who has sent letters with hydrogen sulfide before. It can't be helped. :(

yeah but you would think that after all those letters they would have traced him by now
Dec 8, 2012 1:06 PM
Jul 2008
This is getting WAY out of hand! I hope the police catches the criminal! XP
Dec 8, 2012 1:08 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
MalteseSwordsman said:
Youjinbou said:
MalteseSwordsman said:

yeah but you would think that after all those letters they would have traced him by now

yeah youre right.. :/
Dec 8, 2012 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
Amarrez said:
Well, at least they didn't threaten the Touhou doujinshi. I'd have to put together a counter-terrorist unit if something like that happened.
Looool. That was pretty awesome.
Dec 8, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
Seriously!!! Capture that annoying idiot already!!
I don't wanna anything happen to a great mango like Kuroko no Basuke!!
Signature
Dec 8, 2012 1:54 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
But I think you know as much as I do that otaku are not just into moe shows. Even in the late 1990s there were not that much talk about "moe" shows but hordes of otakus still went and they were going for the doujin for all the various shows that were popular those days. It is just that the otaku in the present days go more for the "moe" shows as the taste among fans has shifted. So in the past there were not much "moe" shows but then the otakus at that time were not looking for those either. So the Comiket at that time was still for the otaku from the otaku's point of view at the time.

So he wants English to Japanese translation? Then I would like to know the subject as getting the proper context (and politeness level) right is often important, a lot more so than in languages like English.

That's definitely true, Moe is just one of the many genre Otaku are into.
and i agree with what you said.

Well, i'll just ask him, i'll PM you the details later.
Dec 8, 2012 2:25 PM

May 2008
Are you fucking kidding me right now...

Dec 8, 2012 2:54 PM

Nov 2009
Amarrez said:
Well, at least they didn't threaten the Touhou doujinshi. I'd have to put together a counter-terrorist unit if something like that happened.

You and me both my brother, you and me both =)
Dec 8, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
The guy with the death threats need to have his door blown down by swat and taken in cause this is only going to escalate.
Setsuna200Dec 10, 2012 7:18 PM
Dec 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
cottoncandy7 said:
"STOP ENJOYING THINGS/STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" at its finest. I just don't get WHY Kuroko no Basket. The manga is pretty much average so it might be personal.

If you actually read anything about this stuff you'd know why. The person has a personal grudge against the mangaka from when they went to school together.

So they know that, yet they are unable to find him? Seriously, wtf...
Dec 8, 2012 3:24 PM

Sep 2010
found some more about this guy on tumblr this evening just thought I'd share it here.

http://sukikatte.wordpress.com/2012/12/08/naver-matome-updated-1122-kuroko-no-basket-threats-roundup-of-the-posts-by-the-culprit-the-reaper-in-mourning/
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 8, 2012 3:47 PM
Aug 2011

Uhmmm.
That was intense.
Dec 8, 2012 5:15 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012

So the culprit graduated from Sophia University, and thinks of there as a holy place.
He has gay feelings towards 2 people named I-san and K-kun.
He has basketball uniform fetish (wtf??).
His family beat him as a child (no surprise here).
He has some personal rules, like 'not fapping to doujinshi.'
He hates Kubo and Bleach.

LoL :D

If that post is real this is one fucked up guy they're dealing.
But I don't think it's true as he says clearly at the end of the post where he went with what clothes in particular days, and gives so much info about himself. No way police couldn't have caught him if this was real and true.
Dec 8, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2011
WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Because of that threatening letter?!
Dec 8, 2012 6:47 PM

Mar 2009
Talk about a disturbing guy. Still, it would have raised ethical concerns if they didn't claw back KnB stuff. The police have an image to keep up and they'd rather do so at the safety of everyone than to "chivalrously" confront him and defy him. That would just be stupid.
Dec 8, 2012 7:10 PM

Dec 2010
symbv said:

Thanks, I was wondering what was going on. I don't understand his motive though? I mean, what did Fujimaki do to enrage him so... Unless KnB was originally this guy's idea and Fujimaki stole it off him or something, I just don't get it.

But this guy is insane and there's so much evidence/info that traces back to him, so I hope they catch him soon -__\
Dec 8, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2008
So cold.....so dark...and sad

That is what I felt from the words of the terrorist, what a tortured soul.

However the motive is not understandable, it's convulted in a disorganized schizophrenic way.

Dec 8, 2012 7:36 PM

Nov 2011
So what? He's letting all his damn frustrations on a man who had led a better life than him in the same consequences of being in high school and college? Why is he comparing his life with another's? If he wasn't this immature and instead toughened up a bit, I think he could have led a much better life.

But I do hope the police catches him soon so he won't kill himself for nothing. And if possible, re-educate him.
—Actually, nevermind.
Dec 8, 2012 7:43 PM

Nov 2008
Tekatokimika24 said:
So what? He's letting all his damn frustrations on a man who had led a better life than him in the same consequences of being in high school and college? Why is he comparing his life with another's? If he wasn't this immature and instead toughened up a bit, I think he could have led a much better life.

But I do hope the police catches him soon so he won't kill himself for nothing. And if possible, re-educate him.

Toughen up in Japan, I don't think it would have helped, while this would have helped in a western society, it doesn't work very well in an Eastern society.

He's beyond help, but he should commit suicide where no one else will get hurt and no train induced suicide, it will result in a huge fine for his loved ones.

Dec 8, 2012 8:21 PM

Jan 2012
Orulyon said:
For god´s sake, this is the most stupid decision I ever saw. Instead of showing they´re not afraid, they´re giving power to the arsole who sent the letters who is now celebrating happily while other people who spent the whole year drawing and writing KuroBas doujin to sell, and others who spent the whole year waiting to buy it have now to return home with empty hands.

Agree.

And this opens the door for all kinds of freaks to attack whatever comic or mangaka they have a beef with in their mind.

The police should have protected them, checked people who came in etc iinstead of this.
Dec 8, 2012 9:54 PM

Oct 2010
Friendlymatch said:
Orulyon said:
For god´s sake, this is the most stupid decision I ever saw. Instead of showing they´re not afraid, they´re giving power to the arsole who sent the letters who is now celebrating happily while other people who spent the whole year drawing and writing KuroBas doujin to sell, and others who spent the whole year waiting to buy it have now to return home with empty hands.

Agree.

And this opens the door for all kinds of freaks to attack whatever comic or mangaka they have a beef with in their mind.

The police should have protected them, checked people who came in etc iinstead of this.

This.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Dec 8, 2012 10:20 PM

Feb 2010
A bit overcautious? Seriously, how much more power are they going to give to those threats?
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 8, 2012 11:22 PM

Aug 2011
Wonder if this is actually true. What a messed up life he's had, and what a messed up person he's become.

I really liked Kuroko no Basuke. Hope this whole thing gets settle before it really does become a threat to a S2.
Dec 8, 2012 11:27 PM

Sep 2010
chanotek said:
Wonder if this is actually true. What a messed up life he's had, and what a messed up person he's become.

I really liked Kuroko no Basuke. Hope this whole thing gets settle before it really does become a threat to a S2.

Same here.

As for the article I posted I just found it wiether its made up or not I do not know, but if it is real I feel for the guy about him being abused. Still what he is doing is very wrong and I hope the police catch him before he harms himself or another person.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 9, 2012 12:48 AM

Jun 2009

That was actually kind of an interesting read.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 9, 2012 1:47 AM
Mar 2011
thats BS!

Dec 9, 2012 2:57 AM
May 2012
tadatoshi-sensei, don't let them [or him?] get you >_<. you have a lot of fans
Dec 9, 2012 3:01 AM
Feb 2012
This is getting the ridiculous. Some people take manga/anime too seriously. I personally think the Kuroko no Basket is average; however, I wouldn't have watched it in the first place if wasn't due to the threats making me curious. My condolences for the fans of the series, but people's safety is much more important than entertainment or principles.

All of you who said "I wouldn't give into the person's demands" sure you can say that now; but if you were an event manager, would you be willing to put your job and the safety of thousands on the line just to make a counter-statement? The person showed he's at least somewhat serious by sending those letters laced with hydrogen sulfide. The hydrogen sulfide the person sent may be barely harmful but in the right concentration can be deadly. Yes, sometimes you make a stand but when the person included hazardous materials in the threats you can't really fault them for being overcautious. Don't just say catch the person at Comiket. How can you apprehend the suspect in a sea of hundreds of thousands without solid information on the identity of the person, method of attack, etc? Also saying submitting to the person's threats will empower him/her to escalate the threats or inspire others to copy his/her methods to threaten other series is a slippery slope fallacy. There isn't enough evidence to warrant such a conclusion.

Granted, I expect the event managers mostly likely made the decision due to financial concerns. The loss of fees and slight drip in sales probably is miniscule in comparison to increased security costs and moderate drop in sales with the potential for liabilities, lawsuits, and fines if something does happen. Increasing security will decrease sales by increasing wait times to enter due security checkpoints, harassing attendees with random security checks, shutting down sections because of unattended or suspicious items, and overall just dampening the mood.

The real world isn't like CSI, Bones, NCIS, and other crime dramas where the cops can figure out the identity of perpetrator , the motives, the exact means how the crime was committed, etc within a week from fragments of skin flakes. Furthermore, most people don't just give out samples and testimonies freely. Detective work often takes months of hunting down leads and analyzing evidence. Many of those famous criminals like the Unabomber or the Iceman eluded authorities until they slipped up. If the person had any brains, he/she too would cover their tracks maybe even plant false leads.
Dec 9, 2012 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
I just realized something, while this guy is ruinning it for the fans, and is a threat to the mangaka, he's also a hero to many people lol

Not that i tolerate what he does though.
Dec 9, 2012 4:32 AM

Jan 2012
Downgrade355 said:
I just realized something, while this guy is ruinning it for the fans, and is a threat to the mangaka, he's also a hero to many people lol

Not that i tolerate what he does though.

Why is he a hero to people and why is that funny? Oh, of course, because he's targeting something women like.

If a series or events mostly liked by guys were hit with dead threats, I doubt women on this site would weigh in with 'lol's. This even if it was purely about fanservice. We would just be disgusted.
Dec 9, 2012 5:35 AM

Sep 2011
Friendlymatch said:

Why is he a hero to people and why is that funny? Oh, of course, because he's targeting something women like.

If a series or events mostly liked by guys were hit with dead threats, I doubt women on this site would weigh in with 'lol's. This even if it was purely about fanservice. We would just be disgusted.

lol? What you talking about?
I think you're in the wrong thread. wrong quote, wrong anime, and probably wrong site. and try to lay off the trolling.

P,S hearing the word "disgusted" from a fujoshi is the definition of "irony", and please stop generalising, not every girl/woman on the internet/mal is a prude, intolerant rotten hypocrite.
i'm not usually like this but some people just go too far with their nonsensical internet trolling.
Downgrade355Dec 9, 2012 6:49 AM
Dec 9, 2012 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
Xxmyah8945 said:
This is getting the ridiculous.

Wow you just noticed? lurk around the forums just for a few minutes and you'll see the hilarity of internet people. this person here's who's threatening the mangaka is just taking trolling to another level.
Dec 9, 2012 6:57 AM

Feb 2012

Damn after reading this, I dunno is it true or not, but that guy is f*cked up a little.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

50 by CrazyFrogz »»
5 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 2 hours ago

1 by deg »»
54 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.