Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of RPG 'Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2' Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
 
Dec 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4689
Why not the first one..DX
 
Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 781
Oh awesome. Good director.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.





 
Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
-Kazu said:
Why not the first one..DX


I thought the same thing. But I'm in love with 'The Anguished One', so I don't mind so much.

Wish there were anime adaptations of the first Shin Megami Tensei games.
 
Dec 29, 2012 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 11
Oh gawd you guys, I haven't played this yet. What do I do? Dx
Do I wait?
But but but Silconera said that Atlus might be teasing an Overclocked version. <_<;
Hnnnggggg.
(◕ᴥ◕し)むにゅ〜
 
Dec 29, 2012 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Puppet said:
Oh gawd you guys, I haven't played this yet. What do I do? Dx
Do I wait?
But but but Silconera said that Atlus might be teasing an Overclocked version. <_<;
Hnnnggggg.

PLAY IT NOW! the overclocked version there isn't much to it also you could just play the second you don't have to play them in order because their completely different characters
 
Dec 29, 2012 11:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 82
Nobody posted the new PV yet?

 
Dec 30, 2012 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 267
PlotExMachina said:
Nobody posted the new PV yet?


Damn, that look good. I wish P4 anime has that same quality lol

When I think about it, DS2 is better as anime because it has more streamlined story when compared to P3/4 story which is game oriented & more optional.
 
Jan 3, 2013 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1350
I was so hyped, but then I saw Seiji Kishi in the director seat. Again. You know, the guy that ruined Persona 4 and Angel Beats and barely did a decent adaptation with Kamisama Dolls.

Hopefully the rest of the team will keep him in check...

But goddamn, why did they have to get him of all people?!

arena149 said:
PlotExMachina said:
Nobody posted the new PV yet?


Damn, that look good. I wish P4 anime has that same quality lol

When I think about it, DS2 is better as anime because it has more streamlined story when compared to P3/4 story which is game oriented & more optional.


P4's trailer had been absolutely amazing too.
 
Jan 3, 2013 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 90
Sick
^_^

 
Jan 6, 2013 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 25
Never played it, but since I loved the Persona series I'm sure I'd like it.
 
Jan 6, 2013 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 101
Jizz in my pants... *_* This is bloody amazing, anything that has Shin Megami Tensei in its name buys me :v
 
Jan 6, 2013 4:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".
 
Jan 6, 2013 5:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.
 
Jan 7, 2013 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.
 
Jan 8, 2013 9:04 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 21
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.


Persona 4 was largely superior IMO. Compared to the previous SMT games which feature dark/dystopian settings, it was a fresh take on the SMT genre. In fact I was surprised when I saw that the theme color for P4 was YELLOW. Such a lively color for SMT.

Of course, I understand that some people like how the MC in P3 slouches all day long and walks (runs as well!) with his hands in his pockets like a real dork. And that emo kid attitude. And I see that some people really find it cool to point guns at their own heads.

But of course, just my opinion.

P3 games sell better in general outside Japan. P4 games sell better within Japan. Maybe the Japanese prefer the change of pace as well.

Seeing as how P4 is better received in Japan, it makes sense for them to animate that first.
 
Jan 8, 2013 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
hans17 said:
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.


Persona 4 was largely superior IMO. Compared to the previous SMT games which feature dark/dystopian settings, it was a fresh take on the SMT genre. In fact I was surprised when I saw that the theme color for P4 was YELLOW. Such a lively color for SMT.

Of course, I understand that some people like how the MC in P3 slouches all day long and walks (runs as well!) with his hands in his pockets like a real dork. And that emo kid attitude. And I see that some people really find it cool to point guns at their own heads.

But of course, just my opinion.

P3 games sell better in general outside Japan. P4 games sell better within Japan. Maybe the Japanese prefer the change of pace as well.

Seeing as how P4 is better received in Japan, it makes sense for them to animate that first.


Persona 4 had better gameplay mechanics than P3...that's it. Its a good game, but its, for the lack of better word, derivative in terms of plot and characters. Its yet another "anime characters summon stuff to fight enemies" kind of thing, but without the unique feel and all the unique kinks P3 had, and without the chilling and intense story P3 had.

Character-wise, story-wise, mood-wise, mindfuck-wise, P3 beats P4's stereotypical anime-feel out of the water.
 
Jan 9, 2013 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 744
Fai said:
hans17 said:
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.


Persona 4 was largely superior IMO. Compared to the previous SMT games which feature dark/dystopian settings, it was a fresh take on the SMT genre. In fact I was surprised when I saw that the theme color for P4 was YELLOW. Such a lively color for SMT.

Of course, I understand that some people like how the MC in P3 slouches all day long and walks (runs as well!) with his hands in his pockets like a real dork. And that emo kid attitude. And I see that some people really find it cool to point guns at their own heads.

But of course, just my opinion.

P3 games sell better in general outside Japan. P4 games sell better within Japan. Maybe the Japanese prefer the change of pace as well.

Seeing as how P4 is better received in Japan, it makes sense for them to animate that first.


Persona 4 had better gameplay mechanics than P3...that's it. Its a good game, but its, for the lack of better word, derivative in terms of plot and characters. Its yet another "anime characters summon stuff to fight enemies" kind of thing, but without the unique feel and all the unique kinks P3 had, and without the chilling and intense story P3 had.

Character-wise, story-wise, mood-wise, mindfuck-wise, P3 beats P4's stereotypical anime-feel out of the water.

No debate about it, previous persona games all have better stories than Persona 4 like persona 1 ,2 actually Shin megami games in general usually have amazing story plots I've yet to encounter one that dispute. I wonder how Persona 5 will be since it's already been confirmed
 
Jan 9, 2013 2:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2302
Amon-Raw said:
Fai said:
hans17 said:
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.


Persona 4 was largely superior IMO. Compared to the previous SMT games which feature dark/dystopian settings, it was a fresh take on the SMT genre. In fact I was surprised when I saw that the theme color for P4 was YELLOW. Such a lively color for SMT.

Of course, I understand that some people like how the MC in P3 slouches all day long and walks (runs as well!) with his hands in his pockets like a real dork. And that emo kid attitude. And I see that some people really find it cool to point guns at their own heads.

But of course, just my opinion.

P3 games sell better in general outside Japan. P4 games sell better within Japan. Maybe the Japanese prefer the change of pace as well.

Seeing as how P4 is better received in Japan, it makes sense for them to animate that first.


Persona 4 had better gameplay mechanics than P3...that's it. Its a good game, but its, for the lack of better word, derivative in terms of plot and characters. Its yet another "anime characters summon stuff to fight enemies" kind of thing, but without the unique feel and all the unique kinks P3 had, and without the chilling and intense story P3 had.

Character-wise, story-wise, mood-wise, mindfuck-wise, P3 beats P4's stereotypical anime-feel out of the water.

No debate about it, previous persona games all have better stories than Persona 4 like persona 1 ,2 actually Shin megami games in general usually have amazing story plots I've yet to encounter one that dispute. I wonder how Persona 5 will be since it's already been confirmed


Dude that depends..............Persona 4 is a little light-hearted compared to previous Persona games. Personally i think Persona 4 is better than Persona 3. Btw isn't this supposed to DS2 thread...........DS1 vs DS2 could be a more suitable topic.

 
Jan 12, 2013 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1224
I've just played the first few minutes of the game and I can't wait to see the anime, it's going to be so awesome ^^
I'm really, really curious who'll be the VA of Hibik but we'll have to wait till that information will be released I guess :(
 
Jan 12, 2013 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
hans17 said:
Fai said:
Downgrade355 said:
Fai said:
welp, the hopes for this have gone up again.

I can only hope its better than P4 "adaptation".


I hope it is, P4 was utterly ruined, thought i'm VERY VERY disappointed they didn't start with DS, it's much better than 2 character and storywise, it's also better to help new people get into the series. I'm disappointed in the current meta.


Considering they adapted (highly inferior) Persona 4 before (highly superior) Persona 3, I am not that surprised at that.


Persona 4 was largely superior IMO. Compared to the previous SMT games which feature dark/dystopian settings, it was a fresh take on the SMT genre. In fact I was surprised when I saw that the theme color for P4 was YELLOW. Such a lively color for SMT.

Of course, I understand that some people like how the MC in P3 slouches all day long and walks (runs as well!) with his hands in his pockets like a real dork. And that emo kid attitude. And I see that some people really find it cool to point guns at their own heads.

But of course, just my opinion.

P3 games sell better in general outside Japan. P4 games sell better within Japan. Maybe the Japanese prefer the change of pace as well.

Seeing as how P4 is better received in Japan, it makes sense for them to animate that first.


All Persona games were positively received in japan, the previous Persona games aren't any darker than P4 was, infact P4 is darker than P3.
Though P4G won an award for being one of the top selling VITA games, guess the addition of Marie and the improved gameplay and graphics were the main selling point in it.
 
Jan 12, 2013 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Downgrade355 said:
the previous Persona games aren't any darker than P4 was, infact P4 is darker than P3.

AHAHAHHAHAH-

You just keep telling yourself that.

P4:




P3:


As I said. P4 is a decent game, but nowhere near close P3 in quality of storyline, characters or mood. IF P3 is this eccentric master-painter, then P4 is his serious generic brother who decided to become a white-collar clerk at local bank.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Jan 12, 2013 4:06 PM
 
Jan 12, 2013 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1074
@Fai
P4 felt more dark to me, with a bit of silliness and stupidity, and the humour was tasteless.

and as i said, my point is that P3 is better than P4 in every aspect except maybe the gameplay, and even then, there were many people who prefered P3 in that aspect.
P3 was also serious, and had that hint of realism in it, P4 while also a good game, i just didn't enjoy it as much as P3 and P1.
 
Jan 12, 2013 8:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 28
I want to see this :D I haven't played the game but I know someone who did and he really enjoyed it :3
 
Jan 24, 2013 9:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 267
Eh all this talk about P3/4 will just never end. Let just say different people have different preference just like me who like P2 & P4 which has quite different theme, yeah weird. Somehow P3 doesn't click with me though & still don't get to play P1 yet.

In other news, the director Seiji Kishi post a parody poster of a very familiar anime in his twitter to promote DeSu2:

Guess what anime they parodying XD
 
Jan 27, 2013 6:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 358
arena149 said:
Eh all this talk about P3/4 will just never end. Let just say different people have different preference just like me who like P2 & P4 which has quite different theme, yeah weird. Somehow P3 doesn't click with me though & still don't get to play P1 yet.

In other news, the director Seiji Kishi post a parody poster of a very familiar anime in his twitter to promote DeSu2:

Guess what anime they parodying XD

hm? somehow this reminds me of something but i can't remember :(

anyway, to keep this thread on topic, i'll post something
 
Feb 9, 2013 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 347
I'm so happy for this, I got a leg cramp out of excitement when I read it, I loved the game and my favorite character is Yamato, his character design for the animation looks weird, though.
IMO, DS2 has better and more likeable characters than the first game, but DS has a slightly better storyline, but out of the two DS2 is the one I like the most, so I'm glad they decided to animate it.
Please understand.
 
Feb 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 187
This is one of my favorite games, so i cant wait for an anime!
:3
"Man cannot change his fate, unless he picks a different route, on destiny's many paths"
-Shizaki, Kuro

]
 
Feb 15, 2013 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 72
It looks interesting, and it sounds like it was a really popular game. I'll give the first couple of episodes a go, but i'm worried it's going to be gory or overly violent D;

 
Mar 4, 2013 12:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
great game and OK first 3 manga chaps as well hope for a great anime
 
Mar 12, 2013 7:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Maybe they didn't dare to animated to DS1 because it has more symbolism to religion than DS2

anyway, I'm also pretty excited about this news
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]