Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2012 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"If I'd a child like Anne in the house all the time I'd be a better and happier woman."

I think this sums up perfectly the effect Anne has on people, an overwhelming positive that just makes your life better just by merely existing. I wonder how many can actually say they have a person like that around them?

Also love how Anne says that coming back home was the best part of the trip. I honestly cried there as it really touched me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 30, 2015 2:20 AM

Aug 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:

Also love how Anne says that coming back home was the best part of the trip. I honestly cried there as it really touched me.

I totally agree
Oct 24, 2016 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
The ending of the last two episodes, though. So solid.
May 12, 2017 1:36 AM
Jul 2009
"If I'd a child like Anne in the house all the time I'd be a better and happier woman."

This statement warmed my heart and filled it with admiration for the old lady. It also reinforced my personal interpretation of "a man is known by the company he keeps". Your company, that is the people surrounding you, are not exclusive in shaping your demeanour, but more importantly, depend on your sensibilities and responsiveness. The contrast in the old lady's stoic appearance before to a warm, ready affection for the girls shows how big of an impact a person's good vibe can have on another, if one is willing to respond that is. A person's goodwill alone cannot cause any change in the life of another until there's a willingness on the latter's part to respond.

This episode is a good learning for children and even adults who tend to judge older/other people from the way they look. For all we know, a habitual frown or a cold stare could be hiding the warmest of hearts!
Aug 26, 2017 4:28 AM

Feb 2016
Ah, this episode was great, hopefully an epoch for better things to come. "The greatest part of the journey was coming home." For once, I agree wholeheartedly my wanderer friend.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Sep 15, 2017 1:31 PM
Jun 2015
the end really touched me. i also cried. love this show <3
Aug 18, 2019 5:19 PM
Aug 2018
Some signs start to show.
Diana is fond of living in a city, Anne isn't that much.
Feb 27, 2020 12:11 PM

Oct 2012
Ugh, this damn show. It's so beautiful and it makes me wish my own childhood was less unhappy. Its always making me cry.
Mar 2, 2023 11:28 PM
Jan 2023
The amazing message of this episode: "the need for something is the drive for desire."
Anne could both inspire Marilla and the old Aunt in different ways with her spontaneity and by giving us important foreshadowing to the series' ending!
Mar 2, 2023 11:29 PM
Jan 2023
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I think this sums up perfectly the effect Anne has on people, an overwhelming positive that just makes your life better just by merely existing. I wonder how many can actually say they have a person like that around them?

I also felt emotional at the end. It gives me hope for the world. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 16 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 24, 2012

13 by RedSwordHeart »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 21, 2012

5 by Dumb »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jan 21, 2012

8 by Dumb »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jan 21, 2012

28 by Dumb »»
Nov 21, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 47 Discussion

stand - Sep 2, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Sep 26, 2023 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.