Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 7, 2012 9:23 PM
Sep 2012
Seeing how Sakamoto previously managed to escape so many deadly bim attacks, I don't think this time is going to be any different. Now that his manipulating facade has been uncovered Date doesn't represent much of an opponent in hand-to-hand combat, as opposed to the military guy. The only chance he has is to take advantage of the distraction provoked by the explosion to run away, hide and lead the couple into a trap. Otherwise he's pretty much dead.

I think Sakamoto's naiveté is absolutely endearing. I happen to know someone in real life whose personality he reminds me of. A mind-blowing strategist but a sensitive sweetheart when it comes to feelings and social interactions. To think that I'll have to read the manga to understand Ryota's relationship to his mother and step dad better ~.
lilgabieeDec 7, 2012 9:32 PM
Dec 7, 2012 11:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Date is one sneaky SOB. I hope they take him out soon. And Ryouta should trust Himiko's judgement more. In any case it was really sweet when she hugged him.

Sakamoto's high school buddy really brought out the NTR rage in this chapter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 8, 2012 12:13 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, Oda is a fucking cunt. What a dick move.

I think that was too much feels for a simple flashback though. The NTR was a bit forced.
Dec 8, 2012 6:11 AM

Nov 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:

Haha nice look there Light... err I mean Ryota

Why are you so polarizing Ryota!? During BIM fights you're really smart and a cool character to root for. But when it comes to human interaction you are a complete dumbass. He'll probably survive and his smart side will come through again as usual. If I had to guess, I think Murasaki probably saw something earlier and was the one who warned Himiko regarding Date and his true personality

This episode just made me reaffirm that the character designs, for the women at least, are really unappealing. Their faces look a little off to where when sex comes up, I find it jarring because they don't look hot. What's odd is Madhouse also did Highschool of the Dead where those girls were insanely sexy.

i think he's not really that sociable since he is a neet and only lives in the gaming world, he really look like light there XD, btw still epic

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 8, 2012 6:58 AM

Jun 2011
Sakamoto will catch a grenade for ya, throw Taira's hand on a blade for ya~

I'm disappointed by this anime, it doesn't differ too much from the manga but it's still sooo much worse :/ And that "cliffhanger" is just annoying, as if anyone would believe that the stupid MC could die in this anime...
Dec 8, 2012 8:21 AM

Jan 2012
Am I the only one who noticed the Deathsmiles statues in the Tyrannos Japan office?
OkarinOfTimeDec 8, 2012 2:18 PM
Dec 8, 2012 1:03 PM

Oct 2009
ryouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutaaaa /o/

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Dec 8, 2012 3:05 PM
Mar 2010
I don't think the criticism of Sakamoto's behavior is warranted. The Dr never gave him any cause for suspicion, and went so far as to share resources with them. He probably attributed Himiko's doubts to her general paranoia.

What I'm interested in knowing is how'd Himiko figure out what was in the case?
Dec 8, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Ryouta trusts people way too easily. This is the second time in a row an episode ends with a trap explosion. No doubt that he'll survive this BIM too, even though it looks like Himiko and Date presume he's dead next episode. Looks like Murasaki will meet Date again next episode and she undoubtedly wants to make short work of him.

Dec 8, 2012 5:12 PM

Feb 2010
alright episode...

The doctor is such a douche.
Ryouta is being stupid...
Dec 9, 2012 9:32 AM
Oct 2012
Didn't Sakamoto start out in the series pretty much saying "I can't trust anybody on this island." but now it's all "Hey, we should trust this guy. I mean, sure, he must've pissed somebody off to get put here, but let's trust him."

Wtf.
Dec 9, 2012 9:48 AM
Jun 2008
Well, Date IS a doctor that saved Taira's life and shared food with everyone. I think Ryouta would have better trust in him than with the others that he encountered so far, despite his naivety, hypocritical and pacifistic ways.

Himiko is so cute!

Anyway, I thought this episode was good. The Sakamoto/Oda past was fucked up lol. I'm wondering how the forehead girl and Oda got so "close" judging by forehead girl's vicious streak. o_0
Dec 9, 2012 11:17 AM

Nov 2012
Hopefully after this experience , Ryouta will finally stop trusting people so easily.

And Oda sure is a douche!
Dec 9, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
Really great episode, that was an excellent way to end the episode. we all knew this was coming when they invited Date to come with them to the woman for medicine. I'm pretty sure that most people weren't satisfied with the flashback story since it was so short, but I don't mind that much. I wonder how they will resolve.
Looking forward to the next episode, really great series.
5/5.

Dec 10, 2012 1:20 AM

Apr 2012
Ryouta is naive but Date did save Taira's life, shared food with them, and even gave him a preview of his BIMs. He presented himself as a competent doctor and hey call me naive but I trust my doctor lol. He was correct 2/3 times on his judgment of finding allies on the island. You can also argue that Himiko is insecure about men so she is generally wary about them, which resulted in Ryouta brushing off her quick dismissal of Date. Also women are better at picking up non verbal signals (body language etc).
zzzeallyDec 10, 2012 1:25 AM

Dec 10, 2012 1:24 AM

Jul 2012
Btoom is keeping my attention, for a anime that i thought might be just a excuse to animate Cod this was a pleasant surprise.
Dec 10, 2012 11:25 AM

Aug 2007
Uf... I want to know why Himiko knows that was a bomb inside. Maybe Murasaki told her.
Dec 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Jun 2012
irez said:
I don't think the criticism of Sakamoto's behavior is warranted. The Dr never gave him any cause for suspicion, and went so far as to share resources with them. He probably attributed Himiko's doubts to her general paranoia.

Agreed. That was actually pretty realistic. He wasn't wrong when he decided to trust Taira, then Himiko, so why should he start thinking differently with the Dr.?
It's not because WE know that the Dr. is a bad guy that Sakamoto is stupid for not automatically acting suspicious, out of the blue.

Dec 10, 2012 8:00 PM

Nov 2007
I bet he didn't die.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 11, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
Oh really? XD
Anyway I just started watching this today and I thought I wouldn't like it since I tend to deslike anime whose score is 8 below, I can't say I'm loving it but I dont hate it either, it's enjoyable enough. Is this following loyaly the manga? Does it end in the next 2 episode? Because it doesn't look like it.
Dec 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
I think they cut out some stuff from the manga... 0_0 Like the scenes before Himiko told Sakamoto to remove the trunk... Ah..

Anyway, Sakamoto's not gonna die. PSH. Main characters don't die, two episodes before a season ends. xD

Date-san is sneaky. D;
Dec 11, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
Sakamoto was annoying this episode. Oda is awesome, I'm looking forward to see more of him.
Dec 12, 2012 10:27 AM

Jan 2012
Date-san said something about how nothing has changed in six months, and he remembers that building and found the medicine fairly quickly. Meaning he was a survivor from the last game six months ago.
What if Date-san was the one that betrayed Murasaki-san? What if he was the one that collected 6 chips with her and then tried to kill her before being rescued by the helicopter?
He was using the same tactic with the gang this time round too. I'm surprised he tried to cut ties with them so soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an awkward encounter with Murasaki and Date in a future episode... :)
Dec 12, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Mmmmm a good episode for sure
Dec 12, 2012 9:29 PM
Feb 2012
what the OST playing at Intro part?
Dec 13, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
bakapunt said:
Date-san said something about how nothing has changed in six months, and he remembers that building and found the medicine fairly quickly. Meaning he was a survivor from the last game six months ago.
What if Date-san was the one that betrayed Murasaki-san? What if he was the one that collected 6 chips with her and then tried to kill her before being rescued by the helicopter?
He was using the same tactic with the gang this time round too. I'm surprised he tried to cut ties with them so soon.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an awkward encounter with Murasaki and Date in a future episode... :)

What do you mean what if? In Murasaki's flashback she referred to the doctor as "Date", and then he shows up at the end of the episode. There was never any question about him being the same guy lol.
Dec 13, 2012 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
GarLogan78 said:

What do you mean what if? In Murasaki's flashback she referred to the doctor as "Date", and then he shows up at the end of the episode. There was never any question about him being the same guy lol.

Hmm ok, my bad, I must have not noticed his name in the flashback.
Dec 14, 2012 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
bakapunt said:
¬_¬ srsly?
Dec 14, 2012 1:28 PM

Jun 2010
So we've reached the point where I dropped the manga. Now I'm in the dark about what's going to happen. I like the development. I kind of remember the manga making a big deal of Date being secretly a bad guy for several chapters... Here they made it quick, as should be, after all we can only take so much stupidity of our protagonist. And I don't agree it should have been a showdown, a one-to-one battle. We've just had a good one (dang, forgot about that "never approaching the trunk" thing, that was nice) and Sakamoto is not really the type to fight directly.

Oddly enough, the shadow guy from the intro, the one who works in the crazy gaming company was long introduced at this point in the manga, wasn't he? Are they keeping him to be the big reveal in the anime? That's kinda weird.
Dec 14, 2012 3:26 PM
Feb 2012
Oi oi oi, didn't we skip a little part there, Madhouse? There's more to Kira getting his bim back than him just casually fishing them out of the water. That's some crucial Sakamoto/Kira development tossed out the window. Not cool.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 15, 2012 4:04 AM

Jan 2011
Oda is such a badass, I really hope that he and Sakamoto will reunite in some way. I'm liking him even more after this episode. Next episode should also be very good. I wonder how this'll end.
It should get a second season imo, the last thing I want is a rushed, crappy ending.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 15, 2012 12:27 PM

Aug 2011
Cliffhanger was ace. I was so engulfed that I didn't expect a bomb in the trunk (of all places).
Dec 15, 2012 1:39 PM
Nov 2010
The first couple of minutes of this episode were actually good.
Dec 16, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
so ryouta has a past like that. that oda guy looks like a badass i thought.....

the ending of course has some exciting scene to watch next episode lol
Dec 18, 2012 4:26 PM

Feb 2012
You know what, the strings remind me of Journey's soundtrack, anyone else? Anyway, it's about time to deal with Date and we are so close to one of the most hilarious moments I've seen in a manga.

meepsheep said:
I think they cut out some stuff from the manga... 0_0 Like the scenes before Himiko told Sakamoto to remove the trunk... Ah..

Yeah, I got the same feeling and GuiltyKing reminded me of what else was skipped.
Dec 21, 2012 11:44 AM

Apr 2007
I hate to admit it, but Date has proved to be the most entertaining character. What a bastard! I love that we already knew how bad he is since before he appeared, then we just wait for his inevitable betrayal. Exciting stuff~
Dec 24, 2012 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode ..Clever Ryouta xD
Dec 24, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2012
How many bombs can this guy take?! Seriously, he is also waaay too trusting and needs to start thinking for himself a bit and using his own initiative... But he won't cos.... Well... Why would he now with only two episodes to go aha
Dec 26, 2012 10:38 AM

May 2012
Oh boy a bit of backstory and a cliffhanger ending damn it's getting really intense!
Dec 26, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
Damn oda those punches from ryouta gotta hurt s:
Dec 27, 2012 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Don't trust nobody...
Dec 30, 2012 9:07 PM

Mar 2011
Another episode end and another bomb going off in Sakamoto's face. However, im sure he'll be fine one the next episode starts!
Jan 17, 2013 10:38 PM

Jan 2010
Arghhhhhh Ryouta's naivety is still PISSING ME OFF.
Jan 20, 2013 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
What are the chances of both Himeko and Oda being one of the people dropped on the island? Geez, this is fiction for sure.
Jan 22, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
Now that Date has shown his true colors, things are less complicated. LOL I can't wait to see the look on Date's face when Murasaki will show up (if ever). XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 12, 2013 1:07 AM
Dec 2012
Wow, Kill that guy already, Hes annoying. :/

Up to next episode! :)

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Mar 3, 2013 4:23 AM

May 2009
More or less how it went down said:
HEY!! There's a bomb in that trunk! Get rid of it!

lolwut?

A bomb!!!!

in this trunk?

Ryouta!!!!!

ohmugod, what shoud I do with it?...

KAAABOOOOSHMMMFABAPOW

lol, I'm dying.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Aug 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
lol is he gonna almost die @ the end of every episode from now on

Malware said:
More or less how it went down said:
HEY!! There's a bomb in that trunk! Get rid of it!

lolwut?

A bomb!!!!

in this trunk?

Ryouta!!!!!

ohmugod, what shoud I do with it?...

KAAABOOOOSHMMMFABAPOW

lol, I'm dying.
LMAO
Nov 24, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it Sakamoto, do you really think that you can just trust everyone? Ugh anyone else would be dead.

Though I didn't expect him and Oda to know each other.
Jan 9, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2012
He's so gullible
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2012

197 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 10:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.