Forums
Poll: Robotics;Notes Episode 9 Discussion

Dec 7, 2012 11:13 PM

kaimax said:
povsuduvolosy said:
Finjas said:
Kansokusha said:
Finjas said:
I think that was very emotional episode.
Also, spotted some old acquaintance.

Oh hello there, Nae and Takumi.

And that's strange. Why Niedhardt?
Maybe Takumi is so popular in the web, he has web-clones?

Maybe a hint of Reinhard von Lohengramm from LoGH?

What will you do if I say that "Neidhart is really Takumi from Chaos;Head"?

Look at his avatar! After 10 years, he's still crazily in love with Seira Orgel! It's none other than Takumi! XD

Dec 7, 2012 11:35 PM

Well that was anticlimactic haha, now Akiho is down in the slump, what Kai gonna have to do now, to get her hype again.

also A pile of Junk? now that just Harsh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dec 8, 2012 12:46 AM

Every invention always had a first failure I just hope they would lean from it and make it better

Dec 8, 2012 2:07 AM

Their robot didn't work well and Akiho's sister calls it a piece of junk, now that's rather strange.
Very little about the main story in this episode unless it's not the main story after all, I hope the next episode will pick it up again.
Every time I hear the ending I like it even better, it's such a great song.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Dec 8, 2012 3:03 AM

Akiho's sister calling it a piece of junk eh...

I'll wait for the robot shown in episode 1. Now you won't call it junk.
I guess it's time for GunPro-2, I hope all the members of the Robotics Club will work on the next robot.

"Kindness can bring you even bigger troubles." - Akemi Homura

Dec 8, 2012 4:54 AM

Finjas said:
I think that was very emotional episode.
Also, spotted some old acquaintance.

Everyone's talking about Takumi... What I really liked about this bit was the fact Nae's online name is SISTER_BRAUN... just like Hououin used to call her!

Dec 8, 2012 6:51 AM
Pretty emotional, i really like everything so far.

Dec 8, 2012 7:06 AM
Well.... i've read some Robotics:notes visual Novel spoilers,

not all of story though, but after knowing the development story.. one word

EPIC

this is not spoiler but some story potential development
let me tell you that your opinion about aki's older older sister WILL change later in future episode.

and MOAR than that

Mark my word this Show (probably) will be one of the show that has the same rank of SteinsGate or maybe less one rank(in my Opinion). if you want read some spoiler,

enjoy reading the character introduction in animelist's "Character & Voice"

Dec 8, 2012 7:31 AM
SO time machine is easier to make than giant robot.
No mecha battle in WW3 then D:

Dec 8, 2012 8:35 AM

TehVict said:
Everyone's talking about Takumi... What I really liked about this bit was the fact Nae's online name is SISTER_BRAUN... just like Hououin used to call her!

Note the voodoo doll Nae used to carry along in her avatar. XD

HongISfirE said:

Okabe's Phone Microwave was just a coincidence. The actual working time machine won't be completed until 2034 with LOTS of efforts. In other worldlines anyway.
Modified by Kansokusha, Dec 8, 2012 8:39 AM

Dec 8, 2012 8:46 AM

HongISfirE said:

That Microwave time machine was basically a fluke.

The difference is mentioned by michi, Aki is basically building a robot using outdated technology.

Notice the differences between the opening scene in episode 1 and this "junk".

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Dec 8, 2012 8:53 PM
Forum Moderator
Yeah I expected it to fail considering its age, still it was impressive to see it move even if it only was a like a quarter of a step.

Didn't think it'd be done this episode either though, besides the robot though nothing really stood out for me this episode, felt a bit slowish, I guess without the Kimijima Reports and stuff.

Dec 9, 2012 12:22 AM

Hm... Quite good episode, though Frau and the Airi/Sister Centipede stuff are the only reasons I watch this by now.

Dec 9, 2012 5:50 AM

j0x said:
that robot is so heavy and running on an old engine, no wonder it failed

Glad it did though. It would've been totally strange if it would've worked completely fine.

Dec 9, 2012 6:05 AM

This episode was quite good. Although it isn't all that exciting if I am honest. The most interesting thing at the moment is the sister centipede stuff and what will come of it. Although I do hope we get to see the gunpro1 in some proper action once they get it working..

I am curious though, this caught my eye as I recently watched Steins;gate and this was set as a alternative universe. How is this related to the world of Steins;gate exactly, other than the same writers?

When I read it was about a robotics club trying to build things I was expecting something like this (excuse lazy editing xD):

Modified by TehWhiteTiger, Dec 9, 2012 6:43 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 9, 2012 7:10 AM

TehWhiteTiger said:
I am curious though, this caught my eye as I recently watched Steins;gate and this was set as a alternative universe. How is this related to the world of Steins;gate exactly, other than the same writers?

Alternative "Setting": Yes, because Steins;Gate happens in "mainland" Japan, in Akihabara, while R;N happens in Tanegashima.

Alternative Universe: No, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotics;Notes all happens in the same universe. The only difference is the time setting. Chaos;head at 2008/Steins;Gate at 2010/Robotics;Notes at 2019
They even made it clear that the "divergence ratio timeline" is the same as the True End/Last episode from Steins;Gate which is "Divergence Ratio 1.048596"
Modified by kaimax, Dec 9, 2012 7:19 AM

Dec 9, 2012 7:25 AM

kaimax said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Alternative "Setting": Yes, because Steins;Gate happens in "mainland" Japan, in Akihabara, while R;N happens in Tanegashima.

Alternative Universe: No, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotics;Notes all happens in the same universe. The only difference is the time setting. Chaos;head at 2008/Steins;Gate at 2010/Robotics;Notes at 2019
They even made it clear that the "divergence ratio timeline" is the same as the True End/Last episode from Steins;Gate which is "Divergence Ratio 1.048596"

Ah right, sorry I misunderstood, that makes sense thank you.

I thought it said universe, and thought perhaps it would be the same characters in a completely different world line. I have never watched Chaos:head.
Modified by TehWhiteTiger, Dec 9, 2012 7:29 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 9, 2012 8:04 AM

TehWhiteTiger said:
I have never watched Chaos:head.

If you want to watch it, watch it for the sake of just learning stuff. The anime adaptation is very bad. you might want to play the VN if you want details.

You don't need to know the story of C;H or S;G to enjoy R;N, but it's a "If you know, it gets better" thing.

Dec 9, 2012 8:17 AM

kaimax said:
TehWhiteTiger said:
I have never watched Chaos:head.

If you want to watch it, watch it for the sake of just learning stuff. The anime adaptation is very bad. you might want to play the VN if you want details.

You don't need to know the story of C;H or S;G to enjoy R;N, but it's a "If you know, it gets better" thing.

Fair enough thank you. I have heard Chaos;head wasn't very good but I may watch it at some point.

Dec 9, 2012 11:45 AM

Great episode! Frau is hilarious. xD;;

I wonder if Aki-chan is going to take up NASA's offer now that GunPro-1 is finally completed and she's ready to get out of her sister's shadow. :3

What's up with the sister's attitude, though? She seemed like a sweet person in the flashbacks. Can't wait until they start divulging more about her character's motivations.

Dec 9, 2012 12:33 PM

It's the same bike from Steins;Gate!!! >< Nae just got it from Suzuha for sure. XD

Dec 9, 2012 8:11 PM

Same here, I was surprised that the nine-year old machine even started and moved. However, at least they finished it. Probably they will fix it up or something, I can't imagine her dream destroyed simply from old parts.
The scenes with Frau are always funny, just a side comment.
It seems Aki and Aki's sister aren't on the best of terms, I wonder what happened.
Anyway, not a bad episode, I'm glad they finished it. However, we didn't get any progress on the Kimijima reports which really interest me.
I wonder what's next..
4/5.

Dec 9, 2012 8:36 PM

Anomonny said:

Nice catch, I didn't notice it till you pointed it out.

It felt a little sudden that the GunPro-1 was complete, guess the anime trimmed down all the details from the VN to fasten the pace. Only in 9 episode with the robot complete, I knew something wouldn't go right and yepp did I guess right. Seems like the robot running on old technology and looks quite heavy, could barely move few steps before breaking down. Though honestly if it was created on today's era, I'd be super impressed that a giant robot was created.

It was sad to see Akiho's spirit completely crushed. I'm very curious on what caused Misa to have a complete 180 attitude compare to her past self.

Dec 10, 2012 4:34 AM

Best episode

Dec 10, 2012 5:18 AM

_Saburo_ said:
It seems Aki and Aki's sister aren't on the best of terms.
Not exactly right. Misa always loves her as shown in the flashbacks.

This one is basically right:
Omnizohar said:
I'm very curious on what caused Misa to have a complete 180 attitude compare to her past self.
I can only say "nothing happened between Aki and Misa."

Dec 10, 2012 1:48 PM
I had a good time watching the robot 'move' xD.
The crowd comments were genericly mean though. And the pilot is sure to get more than a few bumps riding that thing, lol.

And I also wanna know why her sister seems like an asshole.
no more forums

Dec 10, 2012 1:49 PM

LOL @ the beginning scenes. Oh Frau, you funny little girl and your fascination with “bots”. The festival scenes were fun to watch as well.

It's nice to see the Gun-PRo 1 fired up tbh and flexing those muscles mechanics although it was sort lame in terms of its development. Anyways, nice episode. 5/5.

Dec 10, 2012 2:34 PM

Predictably it didn't really work at all. I wonder if they'll ever be able to build a more advanced one. Maybe she'll accept the space station's offer now?

Dec 10, 2012 6:03 PM

Damn, so the GunPro-1 ended up not functioning after all. Poor Aki, seeing her dream come true after all of that hard work and getting all excited about it... just to turn around and see it fail like that =(. It always sucks to see her feel down like that. Well, all this means is that Aki's still got some unfinished work to do and they'll just have to build an even better one!

Aki's sister is really starting to get on my nerves. I don't know what her situation is but damn her personality is just so cold now, compared to the way she was before.

Dec 11, 2012 9:48 AM

>living by the shadows of your big sister

ISHYGDDT
逃げちゃ駄目だ。

Dec 12, 2012 5:01 PM

tbh it didn't surprise me at all when it failed to move and made a lot of noise, just the way the episode progressed sort of made it obvious

Dec 19, 2012 9:09 PM

I know it was sad and everything but I got a good laugh out of the screeching, failing sound of the Gun-Pro1.

However, with that look on Aki's face at the end, I could just tell that she's determined to make a Gun-Pro as glorious as she imagined.

Dec 25, 2012 10:19 PM

Caught a combined C;H, S;G and possibly even a Madoka reference in this episode.

The club marked a major milestone with the completion of its main project. Simultaneously its best and worst moment with the construction and activation.

It's not so surprising that it failed to awe the people because - being 8/9 years too late, the technology involved was already long obsolete. Poor Akiho.

I wonder what could have happened to make Akiho's sister change so much. She seemed so... jaded. Someone who had become painfully disillusioned.

Jan 8, 2013 6:29 AM

A test run of the robot before public display might have been good. Anyway, that's how it was. I am liking Furugoori now. ^_^ A BL or slash addict seems typical for her chara. Almost all charas are likable in this show.

Jan 27, 2013 12:57 PM
wow, her sister is a real dickface.

Jan 30, 2013 11:18 PM

Gavenda said:
Akiho's sister calling it a piece of junk eh...

I'll wait for the robot shown in episode 1. Now you won't call it junk.
I guess it's time for GunPro-2, I hope all the members of the Robotics Club will work on the next robot.
I still think she'd call it a piece of junk. It seemed to me like she didn't call it a piece of junk because it didn't work or looked bad, but a piece of junk because a giant robot itself is 'junk'. This would emphasize the fact that the sister has 'completely changed', probably after learning about the truth that Kai looks to be discovering.

Mar 11, 2013 2:08 AM

Most of the episode felt really nice, the exhibition failed.. I didn't know what should I expected while the engine was about to start(and lol my PC froze just in the most cliffhanger moment, when MK1 was about to move(or not really)). The audience sucked big time -.-

Mar 14, 2013 12:00 PM

not bad..

May 4, 2013 6:43 AM
Levy-chaan said:
not bad..

...Care to elaborate?

Call Misa a bitch all you want, but she had a point.
For example, consider handheld gaming consoles and how they've evolved since the 90s. We're dealing with the exact same thing with GunPro-1

May 18, 2013 6:16 AM

Damn it didn't go as planned, but yea 9 year old engine to move that kind of thing is rather a strange approach, well it did move for a couple inches :p

Oh well lets see what plans they have next!

Sep 27, 2013 6:23 AM

5/5

In terms of hard and raw reality, this episode proves to be optimal. As characters too, with Frau who can throw down from the pedestal the protagonist and the protagonist. Design and animation in line with what we saw earlier. Engaging and intriguing, now what will happen? Satisfied.

Apr 8, 2014 2:11 PM

i'm just a frau fan now.

she's awesome.

Jul 31, 2014 4:57 AM

Man, seeing it not go according to plan and upsetting her is depressing, I hope they get it working.

Sep 30, 2014 8:55 AM

Like why would the crowd sat right in front of an unstable robot like that? idiots. I was hoping the robot would actually fall and kill every idiot who sat in front of it. That would make the story more dark and interesting.

Jun 25, 2015 9:42 PM

That was too pathetic to be sad lol.

Aug 5, 2015 3:01 AM
aki dont give up!

and did anyone see the bike! the bike! nae riding its the one "warrior girl , from steins gate drove" yes!!! i love that bike!

also the people were too critical .. even thought its a high tech world they are only students , what about the funding, the technical staff, they had few elements to work with and yet they build a huge robot and was able to move it !

dont listen to these people aki they are screaming because they are ashamed of themselves because they were not able to think out side of the box and create something awesome like you did when they were in high school !!

i swear i hate aki's sis more and more with each episode if she said what she did in front of me i would have bitch slapped her to next year! :3

i love kai he is there when aki need him the most i hope they will be a couple :3
i love frau she is awesome she thinks like me a little when it comes to otaku stuff and finally kai told someone in the group about KIMIJIMA reports :3

Jan 3, 2016 6:32 PM

Nae with the username SISTER_BRAUN!! Hououin Kyouma lives!!

Jul 16, 2016 10:53 AM

Wow, Akiho sure has a difficult relationship with her sister, that's too bad. I wonder what really happened with her since in early flashbacks she was super nice with her little sister and in the end she's so cold to the point of saying Akiho will be mediocre at best... so cold.

The NSFW girl (Kona) is hilarious xD

The exhibition of the Mk.1 went bad, but it was predictable. Who thinks is a good idea gather so much audience for a first ground test?

PD: And I thought that Nae couldn't be any more cuter. Those side head tilts of her are too cute.

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Dec 9, 2016 1:54 AM

Aki is a bit too obsessed with her sister. Getting kinda annoying.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 20, 2017 11:40 AM

The satisfying face on Aki when they fused the upper and lower body ... so cute :D
I think the people should've realized that there were no more than 5 people (actually just 1 ... being Aki, funny enough) that made the damn thing ... even if it took nine years.

MoeXtreme said:
Like why would the crowd sat right in front of an unstable robot like that? idiots. I was hoping the robot would actually fall and kill every idiot who sat in front of it. That would make the story more dark and interesting.

Yeah the moment I saw the distance between the crowd and the robot I thought the same, they must have a lot of faith in a college club to make a fully functioning robot that has no malfunctions at the first start up.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »