Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 6, 2012 2:59 PM

I have the silents hills and alone in the darka nd have completed amnesia: the dark descent twice, what else is there, all the lists i seeon the internet are like "resident evil 5" and "CoD 5 zombies" just no -_-

so know any good horror games to make me shit myself? old like ps1/ps2 is better would be fantastic if they are available on PC though :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?

Dec 6, 2012 3:04 PM

Haunting Ground I like because JIGGLE PHYSICS and cute dog. I wouldn't say it's scary though. B-but the titties and moe dog...

Most horror games focus 100% on shock horror, so you won't find anything legit scary. Just shit like WOAH SUDDEN NOISE OH GOD or OH ENEMY APPEARED OUTTA NOWHERE - like in Dead Space.

Dec 6, 2012 3:10 PM
otaking
D best classic Horror game of the CD Rom era that is not a Capcom game Capcom Ruled the Genre
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong

Dec 6, 2012 3:16 PM

All of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero games are good for a scare.

Dec 6, 2012 3:49 PM

If you have beaten Amnesia...play Penumbra. It's from the same developers and there are 3 full games devoted to it.

Dec 6, 2012 4:25 PM

F.A.R.R 1, 2 and 3 are good
Alice 1 and 2 are good mind benders
Doom 3 a classic
Alone in the Dark... so so...

not much out there which is a shame...

Dec 6, 2012 4:30 PM

SCP Containment Breach

Still in Alpha testing, but scary as balls regardless.

Dec 6, 2012 4:32 PM
otaking
Clock Tower
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 6, 2012 5:59 PM

Siren is actually pretty fucking creepy. Good luck finding a copy, though.

Dec 6, 2012 6:09 PM

Fatal Frame, definitely.

Dec 6, 2012 6:14 PM

thedestinedblade said:
All of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero games are good for a scare.

Glad to see this got mentioned almost immediately :D

Dec 7, 2012 6:18 AM

Hmmh...

Anna - more of an arts-y kind of horror that relies on your paranoia more than on jump scares.

Alan Wake - of course its more of a thriller/mindfuck, but its pretty much silent-hill-meets-twin-peaks kind of setting. Possibly one of best games ever created.

Call of Cthulhu - Dark corners of the Earth. - IF you like oldschool horror, that is. And it actually has quite unique sanity system that makes things harder and more interesting.

Slender- good little game if all you need are jump-scares. never really liked it that much, because I do not see that much of appeal, honestly.

All of SCP games - most of previous ones are bassically staircase-simulators with jump scares, but Containment Breachis quite decent

Dec 7, 2012 8:34 AM

Not too many out there but ill go ahead and suggest Dead Space

Dec 7, 2012 8:38 AM
otaking
Clock Tower

Dec 7, 2012 9:17 AM

Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R - its already classics of gaming, but its still just as moody and scary and even Amnesia does not build up the atmosphere to that level of creepy that this game does. The fact that game is set in closely recreated environment of Chernobyl zone, also just adds to the creepy factor, because of all the abandoned(yet not quite) lived-in locations in the setting.

Also in the same vein as above, Metro 2033 another great post-apocalyptic survival horror game, quite similar to Stalker, but more claustrophobic and more outlandish.
Modified by Ahenshihael, Dec 7, 2012 9:27 AM

Dec 7, 2012 11:38 AM

You will shit your pants on Cry of Fear and Dream Of The Blood Moon.

Dec 7, 2012 11:58 AM

Resident Evil for the Gamecube. That game is downright ridiculous.

Dec 7, 2012 2:42 PM

I prefer Dead Space, great game.

Dec 7, 2012 2:43 PM

Fai said:
Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R - its already classics of gaming, but its still just as moody and scary and even Amnesia does not build up the atmosphere to that level of creepy that this game does. The fact that game is set in closely recreated environment of Chernobyl zone, also just adds to the creepy factor, because of all the abandoned(yet not quite) lived-in locations in the setting.

Also in the same vein as above, Metro 2033 another great post-apocalyptic survival horror game, quite similar to Stalker, but more claustrophobic and more outlandish.

I felt that Metro has nothing similar to STALKER at all - including in atmosphere and feel. It's a generic FPS where you fight nazis and aliens. It was horribly stupid. Graphically it looks nice but that's where the positives end. It wasn't scary or good.

STALKER is great though and amazing when it comes to atmosphere, seconding that.

Dec 14, 2012 10:17 PM

DateYutaka said:
Clock Tower

Did you really post the same thing twice? Also, I'm sure you've been told this before but no one cares about your elitist attitude towards everything, thats why most of your posts go ignored (Wasn't going to comment either but after seeing you do this in thread after thread... ugh)

Anyways I really enjoyed Siren and Siren Blood Curse on PS2 and PS3 respectively.

Dec 15, 2012 8:17 AM

Cryostasis also relies on jump scares, but the unique and atmospheric setting is really quite something, so definitely worth a try.

I wouldn't call Bioshock horror at all, but it does have a bit of jump scare stuff now and then. The good part of course, is the brilliant atmosphere and setting, and of course Andrew Ryan.

Also there's that Justine expansions for Amnesia.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Dec 17, 2012 4:50 AM

Dead Space. As Devil's advocate here, it only loses it's horror if you are extremely genre savvy or if you have unlocked absolutely every fucking weapon. This includes the Octave Eight bullet spray of Death per second Pulse Rifle +15.

If you want something shoot-y, difficult but still creepy, you should just save up al of your money and get all of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. All of three of them.

Dec 18, 2012 3:30 AM

Fai said:

THQ are giving this away for free if you like their Metro: Last Light page on facebook, but only during December.

Definetely try Slender and Slender Mansion, but SCP: Containment Breach is possibly the scariest game I've played in a long time. Unless you replace SCP-173's music with "Rainbow Jakka Jan" that is.

Good humour, that.
Since when is scientific truth established by a poll? Democratic fundamentalism is spiralling out of control.

Nothing quite says "I'm warning you!" like a hot, noxious spray of toxic bodily fluids, right out of the anus.

I rate things by how much I enjoyed them, not by how good they are. My list is less trustworthy than a right-wing political manifesto if you're looking for reccomendations.