Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 9 Discussion

Feb 26, 2014 2:57 AM

Great episode, the previous few felt slightly rushed but this was really good.

Mar 7, 2014 12:43 PM

1. that teacher's pretty good at profiling.

2. looks like senguji's gonna hunt down kogami

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.

Apr 9, 2014 12:10 AM
We got akane blushing and we got her being badass standing up for herself.She has every right to since the guy just kept putting her down even though they are ranked the same.I see rikako is still being put through hell even after death well cant say I feel bad. I personally wouldint become fully cyborg I mean what about sexual pleasures and having kids oh and the fact going by how this guy looks like a dam crazy person. I mean look at that face and those eyes.

Apr 23, 2014 3:43 PM

Interesting to hear about Ginoza's past, and it looks like Kogami is Senguji's next target.

Apr 30, 2014 8:52 AM

I was very happy with how well Akane stood up for herself there. I shouted "you go girl!". Heheh~.

Oh... and I think Ginoza is going to have to be very careful. He's been getting emotional and angry on a few occasions lately, he was out there brooding after he and Akane fought. He's really going to have to be careful not to let his Hue become cloudy.

I think if I could I would definitely have a cyborg body. Assuming it worked much the same as a human one but just didn't age. Mm. I would want that.
90s J-rock is the peak of human culture.

Jun 26, 2014 1:07 PM

27CansOfTuna said:
<3

anyways I'm confused. couldn't they just ask the teachers who worked at the academy for a description of makishima? it's not like he was wearing one of those holo costumes when he pretended to be a teacher or anything...
or am I missing something

Aug 1, 2014 1:05 PM

Akane laying the smackdown on Gino.

Aug 25, 2014 1:44 AM

The bone smoking pipe was real disturbing.

Profiling is a great skill for investigators but I guess as time went on people just wanted to rely on the sybil system to judge in addition to it increasing their crime coefficients.

Akane is so good. She really stood up for herself there.

I don't think of Gino as a bad dude but he's a real tight ass with good intentions.

Oct 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Makishima's smiling. Something creepy is coming this way.
Speaking of creepy, damn that old man was creepy with his artificial smile. I was thinking he was just another rich guy with perverted past time but he was actually that important? Looks like we have our next criminal.
The best scene of this episode was hands down Akane's outburst at Gino, it appears she has some backbone after all!

Oct 19, 2014 10:23 PM

So we have Cyborg Hunter, smoking with pipes made from Rikako's bones.
And we also have Professor Saiga, who can Sherlock the heck out of Akane.
Wait, is that a self-driving car?

Akane totally told Ginoza off. But apparently, he just cares about her.
But enough of them! Cyborg Hunter is on his way to kill Kougami.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Nov 20, 2014 6:17 PM

Slow, plodding episode this time around, but it had a great atmosphere.

Placing bets now that the old man is Ginoza's father, or at the very least is connected to his father somehow.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Nov 20, 2014 11:37 PM

Gino should have bitch-slapped Akane : )
Thinking that Masaoka has a connection with Gino's dad cause, already, the relationship between Gino and Masaoka is strained a bit

Nov 21, 2014 4:39 AM

Akane ftw! ;D I sense some shounen ai in the future~
And, since this was a bit slower episode, now I won't
forget to mention that I like both the OP and the ED!

Dec 12, 2014 8:52 AM

Don't blame Akane for that outburst at the end but can't blame Gino for his reasoning either.

So what will white haired guy and old guy dude next?

The white haired guy is hot <3

It's getting a bit like Death Note with those two.

I also love the OP and ED <3333
Modified by stephtastrophe, Dec 12, 2014 8:57 AM

Dec 18, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 16, 2015 5:15 PM

That cyborg guy looks really creepy. He has dead eyes...

Mar 6, 2015 2:08 AM

Totalitarian society, I wonder if such systems exist elsewhere in the world. They probably do but have different names. I wonder if we'll see the downfall of the Sybil system.

I wonder how Makashima keeps his psycho pass in check? Very interesting. The grittiness and dark themes are drawing me in.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...

May 11, 2015 4:17 PM

I agree with the previous comment... why couldn't they just ask the teachers or students (I'm sure there were some that hadn't been collaborators?) for a description of Makishima? He didn't use an alias, and it didn't seem like he'd disguised himself?

Awesome part at the end where Akane stood up for herself, since it shows:
1.) how deeply the world of Psycho-Pass's paternalistic system is ingrained in its citizens (this serious fear of a cloudy Psycho-Pass hue encourages sheltering... Akane can't talk to one dude without being berated), and how they might further perpetuate it (Gino trying to keep Akane away from any possibly radical ideas)
2.a.) Akane can be sheepish sometimes, but she sure as hell has a backbone when pressed (ofc we already saw that in the first ep)
2.b.) These guys can keep talkin' about Akane (there are already very few women in authority in this show as it is... I can't even remember the female Enforcer's name) as if she weren't there but they're gonna get shut down

May 29, 2015 4:16 PM

Lol the professor reminded me of Sherlock.

That cyborg guy was creepy af tho

Jun 1, 2015 9:11 PM
Joji Saiga's skills reminds me of Patrick Jane!

Jun 21, 2015 2:54 PM

I'm liking Kirishima so far, reminds me about Aizen looking handsome, being calm and collected and not hesitating for a moment when it comes to getting rid of his subordinates that are of no use to him any longer. I'm looking forward to how the Kougami x Kirishima rivalry goes.

Aug 5, 2015 8:12 PM

Very casual pace here, but interesting nonetheless! I love the fact that Kougami took Akane to see that professor for an intensive short course. That whole part was way cool.

And way to go, Akane, for standing up to Gino like that! She sure does come off as shy and weak sometimes, but she isn't at all, and that's what I love about her! ^^ The cyborg hunter guy is a weirdo though. Those pipes... Looking forward to seeing him get his from a dominator! ★ 4/5

Nov 1, 2015 3:34 PM

Elite60 said:
Nasty001 said:

A face only a mother could love and even that's pushing it...

thinking same thing D:

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 8, 2016 12:07 AM

This episode embraces character development and moves the viewer's psyche deeper into the relationship between the Sybil System and humanity.

Very nice.

Jan 8, 2016 6:10 AM

Platinum-Palace said:
Totalitarian society, I wonder if such systems exist elsewhere in the world. They probably do but have different names. I wonder if we'll see the downfall of the Sybil system.

I wonder how Makashima keeps his psycho pass in check? Very interesting. The grittiness and dark themes are drawing me in.

They do, but these Totalitarian societies don't do it through technology so to speak. These are places where everyone keeps tabs on each other and everyone is afraid of being noticed. But this anime is more about the idea of modern day society sowing roots for a Totalitarian future. I mean to write showing, but on hindsight sowing is more apt

I also wonder how he keeps his Psycho Pass in check.

Finally, I wonder how the social stigma towards latent criminals has changed since the chiefs days? The more things change, the more they stay the same. Predicted Akame's Hue will got off the deep end, a while ago.

Jan 9, 2016 6:10 PM

Way to go Akane! Tell that prick off! Though it does suck for Gino why he's like that. Poor fella.

The cyborg businessman hunter finally got a name and I wonder who the main baddie is now, him or Makishima?

I loved how Professor Saiga dissected Akane Sherlock-style and he could be a really good character if kept around.

Lastly, dude was smoking out of Kikako's fuckin' bones. That's metal.

Apr 20, 2016 10:20 PM

A pretty weak episode. That girl annoys me again. Gino was trying to keep her safe and in-check so that she won't fall to Kou's mistake. Yet she mad at him for some reason. Seriously?

Aug 21, 2016 3:44 PM
DarklordVor said:
A pretty weak episode. That girl annoys me again. Gino was trying to keep her safe and in-check so that she won't fall to Kou's mistake. Yet she mad at him for some reason. Seriously?
I know, right?! I hate that stupid, immature, naive, useless, tomboy bitch so much already and yet I heard it just gets worse in S2. First she didn't know shit about Kougami and when Gino gave her the file, she shut up. Still didn't learn her lesson. Now his dad turns out to be a latent criminal. Why didn't you ask? Just going to complain like a stupid prat.
Modified by bloodtalon, Aug 21, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 7, 2017 11:28 AM

daamn akane showed her senior hard
Objectivity in art doesnt exist.

I eat ass

Apr 13, 2017 12:58 PM

Is that a PokéBall there in the background?

Apr 24, 2017 3:32 AM
The cyborg-guy has been the most disturbing thing in this anime so far.

Look at his face! o_o

Jun 19, 2017 11:04 PM

Creepy old cyborg man D:

I'm convinced now that the evil guys all have very detailed titan teeth LMAOOOOO xD

To those of y'all shipping Kou and Akane....... No.
My Kou is way too handsome and brilliant for her >:T
Modified by Kokoro_Inuzuka, Jun 19, 2017 11:07 PM

Sep 4, 2017 9:45 AM
Akane did great there. Ginoza could stop projecting his fears on others.

Dec 27, 2018 8:20 AM

A proper introduction for that European-looking trophy hunter was shown and the guy's 99.9% cyborg, holy shit. He did raise some good points about normal people today being not too different from their cybernetic counterparts because technology has become so useful that they're pretty much extensions of one's body. He's a total creeper though.

The two visiting that psychologist to learn more about profiling was interesting. Seeing him reveal so much about her private life just because of unconscious gestures shows how in-depth a psychologist can be~ Too bad that his forensic discussions make his students stressed by thinking like the criminals.

Loved how Akane respectfully owned Ginoza by standing her ground in her equal rights as a fellow inspector!

Jan 25, 10:18 AM
9 episodes in and still not enjoying this thing

Mar 21, 5:21 PM

Senguji is a cyborg hunter, that alone makes him pretty interesting. Then there's also the fact that he's insane. Well, maybe that should be a given after he left his human body behind. In any case, he's quite intriguing.

And I loved Akane at the end, go girl.

Pretty dope episode again. Before I started Psycho Pass I often heard it's a pretentious series due to shallow dialogues, but I can't share the sentiment. Sure they aren't the ultimate relevation or something in a similar vein, nonetheless, they still manage to offer some pretty interesting aspects.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 22, 6:44 PM

Glad I'm not the only one to find the old-man cyborg creepy AF. What a freak.

Jouji Saiga's house though, the guy must be minted!

Mar 26, 8:19 PM
thot patrol
Akane went off.
also this OP actually goes hard

Apr 19, 6:52 AM

Finally, Akane standing up for herself.

That dude who killed Rikako Oryo has a creepy smile lmao. Also, he made a lot of pipe with her bones!
Life has no meaning.

Jul 6, 10:09 AM

hmmm profiling...I want to learn it too

Jul 7, 9:53 AM

The interviewer getting rekt by the interviewee himself.

So Makishima considered himself an animal.
If 1 = 2, then everything is good.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]