Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Psycho-Pass Episode 9 Discussion

Dec 10, 2012 1:36 PM
I like the interview with the cyborg/hunter guy they showed. That's the kind of dia/monologue I've been expecting from this.
There must be less savage-ish ways to keep the mind young than what he does though.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Dec 10, 2012 1:41 PM

Welp, Shinya is their new target now. I hope he'll be able to stay out of their clutches.

Lots of Akane pouting too. She can be really adorable.

Dec 10, 2012 1:50 PM

Well if there's one thing, Akane looks great this episode.

Not much happened this episode tbh but I hope they can deal with Shougo for good soon. Inb4 their ineveitable encounter soon and their fight especially with those final scenes.

Dec 10, 2012 2:08 PM

Stark700 said:

Well if there's one thing, Akane looks great this episode.

Not much happened this episode tbh but I hope they can deal with Shougo for good soon. Inb4 their ineveitable encounter soon and their fight especially with those final scenes.

hmm when shogo is gone the main villian misses somehow i dont think he dies soon more likly during the last couple of eps
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 10, 2012 9:01 PM

Is the white haired guy gay?

Dec 12, 2012 11:37 AM

Time flew by this episode, it seemed like part A ended for me, but 20 minutes had passed already.
This is really promising, I'm really looking forward to more about this part.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.

Dec 13, 2012 5:40 AM
Wow they are targetting kogami now... i bet this show will hit cliffhanger at episode 12 just like guilty crown.

Dec 14, 2012 7:38 AM

AOS- said:
No one here knows their Architecture?
Saiga lives in a home that's a replica of Fallingwater, one of the most famous houses in the whole world and that's not an exaggeration.
Frank Lloyd Wright the architect, right? Built in 1935 in Pennsylvania. Fans in Japan identified it as soon as it was shown. Actually he is well known in Japan also for what he built in Japan, like the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Hotel,_Tokyo )

I quite like this episode and in particular:

- Akane got her moe moment, and Urobuchi did not forget to show us that marketing is ever present in this age of virtual personal assistant at home.

- Love the concept that driverless car is the predominant way to travel. It is really the way to go for future personal transport, mixing personal flexibility with increased convenience and safety. It is estimated that if the road network is allowed to control the cars running on it, each car can be driven faster with more cars being able to pack into the road with less chance of congestion caused by bad driving.

- Akane making a stand against Gino should be applauded. As she said, she was at the same rank as him, and he was shouting at her in front of all the other officers in the team. It is not that common to see a woman to make such immediate rebuttal because even at the same rank Gino is kind of a senpai to her as he joined the force earlier. Of course we know Gino has a reason to be concerned with Akane, but she knew it only later.

- It is great to hear more about what happened in the early stage of Sybilla system being adopted in the society. Discrimination against the "potential criminals" and their family. Non-separation of execution officers and monitor officers. The mix of Sybilla system and college system. All sound quite plausible and explain how the world came into what it looks like now. I particularly love the concept that when a police officer gets too deep into the craziness and horror of the abyss of the criminal mind, the risk that his psychic profile can go awry can run too high to easily recover.

- The valley of uncanny shown by the cyborg old man is well animated. And the flinching of the interviewer is subtly animated too. Well done.

- Urobuchi (?) even adds some comment on politics by adding a news about "the youngest prime minister ever was born" (it came up when the doctor opened his student records in his computer). Of course we know the politicians in Japan are getting too old, and it is amusing to see such news when we have this cyborg man over 110 year old seeking eternal life.

On the other hand I do not quite like the part of doctor telling the whole personal background of Akane. It was great to hear he got a few things right with signals emanated from Akane, but he spoke too much and gave details so detailed that it ended up pushing the believability of his ability.

And the part with the bone pipe is just the bad taste of Urobuchi trying to shock the audience of how mad those criminals are. We have seen it already in body sculpture and tomatoes in mixer. Perhaps at some point we will all get numb to these shocks. Well at least they are depicted in discreet style on screen.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Dec 15, 2012 11:30 AM

symbv said:
AOS- said:
No one here knows their Architecture?
Saiga lives in a home that's a replica of Fallingwater, one of the most famous houses in the whole world and that's not an exaggeration.
Frank Lloyd Wright the architect, right? Built in 1935 in Pennsylvania. Fans in Japan identified it as soon as it was shown. Actually he is well known in Japan also for what he built in Japan, like the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Hotel,_Tokyo )

I quite like this episode and in particular:

- Akane got her moe moment, and Urobuchi did not forget to show us that marketing is ever present in this age of virtual personal assistant at home.

- Love the concept that driverless car is the predominant way to travel. It is really the way to go for future personal transport, mixing personal flexibility with increased convenience and safety. It is estimated that if the road network is allowed to control the cars running on it, each car can be driven faster with more cars being able to pack into the road with less chance of congestion caused by bad driving.

- Akane making a stand against Gino should be applauded. As she said, she was at the same rank as him, and he was shouting at her in front of all the other officers in the team. It is not that common to see a woman to make such immediate rebuttal because even at the same rank Gino is kind of a senpai to her as he joined the force earlier. Of course we know Gino has a reason to be concerned with Akane, but she knew it only later.

- It is great to hear more about what happened in the early stage of Sybilla system being adopted in the society. Discrimination against the "potential criminals" and their family. Non-separation of execution officers and monitor officers. The mix of Sybilla system and college system. All sound quite plausible and explain how the world came into what it looks like now. I particularly love the concept that when a police officer gets too deep into the craziness and horror of the abyss of the criminal mind, the risk that his psychic profile can go awry can run too high to easily recover.

- The valley of uncanny shown by the cyborg old man is well animated. And the flinching of the interviewer is subtly animated too. Well done.

- Urobuchi (?) even adds some comment on politics by adding a news about "the youngest prime minister ever was born" (it came up when the doctor opened his student records in his computer). Of course we know the politicians in Japan are getting too old, and it is amusing to see such news when we have this cyborg man over 110 year old seeking eternal life.

On the other hand I do not quite like the part of doctor telling the whole personal background of Akane. It was great to hear he got a few things right with signals emanated from Akane, but he spoke too much and gave details so detailed that it ended up pushing the believability of his ability.

And the part with the bone pipe is just the bad taste of Urobuchi trying to shock the audience of how mad those criminals are. We have seen it already in body sculpture and tomatoes in mixer. Perhaps at some point we will all get numb to these shocks. Well at least they are depicted in discreet style on screen.

Isn't the bone pipe a reference to the great gatsby? Bone cufflinks too.

Dec 18, 2012 8:07 PM

Where to start...

I thought Gino was finally on board when he just ate a ton of crow in front of Kogami, but he still hasn't learned anything.

And smoking out of the girl's bones....creepy! I didn't even realize the guy was the hunter till he was talking to Makishima.

Damn this show is good.

Dec 23, 2012 11:06 AM

Let the hunt begin, I'm pretty damn excited even though we know that Kougami won't get killed but someone else might die.

Dec 29, 2012 5:58 PM
Theese crimes sure confusing me alot. Can someone explan the summary of this episode?

Wow Akane argueing Gino. Hope she dosen't do anything dumb in the future, if she keeps this up.
4/5

Dec 31, 2012 12:46 PM

Consider me impressed after hearing Akane's outburst at Gino. It really put him in his place for now. And yeah, like everyone said, she's so moe!

When the guy said his smoking pipes were made from Rikako's bones, I felt horrified. This show sets up the mood perfectly.

Jan 18, 2013 5:20 PM

I didn't quite understand the swamp reference when Kogami was explaining why the students hues went up just by listening to the lectures. Anyone who can enlighten me?

Also, it was about time Akane stood up to that-guy-whose-name-I-just-forgot. I was all proud and teary-eyed when she finished shouting and marched off to file a protest. You go girl!

Jan 22, 2013 1:25 PM
Toyohisa brings up valid points in that current day and age. It seems like everyone uses Holo clothing, Holo decorations, and a personal AI. Although he still is pretty sick using Rikako's bones to fashion a smoking pipe...

He fancies himself a hunter; it's gonna be interesting to see whether he becomes hunted once he meets Shinya. Shinya seems pretty chill till he gets into the chase.

It's good that Akane is not some newbie that accepts everything her senior accuses her of being.

Jan 24, 2013 4:14 PM

this episode was prety clam, but i dnt think next will be this calm... xD

Feb 6, 2013 1:25 PM

GoldenBRS said:
Theese crimes sure confusing me alot. Can someone explan the summary of this episode?

There is no crime done in this episode so I'm not sure what you wanted to summarized

cladinpink said:
I didn't quite understand the swamp reference when Kogami was explaining why the students hues went up just by listening to the lectures. Anyone who can enlighten me?

When you want to see what is inside the black swamp, you have to dive into it. In this case, in order to understand the criminal mind to do profiling, the students have to see things from the criminal's point of view. Now, some like Akane can distinguish the criminal's mindset from their own, so they can jump back out, while others people were fascinated by the different thinking, and let their Psycho-Pass get clouded

Feb 6, 2013 1:53 PM

That's the face of someone who has found his equal :)
This is another great episode:
The cyberization of human body premise is quite neat, even though I don't agree with it. For me, there is a different between tools and cybernetics.
Akane's naivety is the reason why her Psycho-Pass is so clear. Good job standing up to Nobuchika. Her character has developed nicely
Nobuchika's point of view is also explored that makes him to quite a reasonable guy, not some rigid follower of the rule like we first led to believe.
Shougo was likely a student of that sensei. He sure has a lot of charisma. His manipulative skill is also off the chart. He lets the criminal reasoning themselves into committing crimes, while at the same time acting like an oblivious bystander agreeing with their logic. Of course, he is the one provide a gentle push for them over the edge, but they don't even know it. xD
The two great minds finally notice each other for the first time. What will come out of their clash?

Feb 7, 2013 12:24 AM

Hah.. In ure face Gino! >:D

-lol i adore Akane when she stood up to Gino like that.. xD even though it's a little bit harsh cuz Gino is still her senpai.. ;)

-that octopus AI can make Akane blush like that just becuz it comment about she will be going to date with Kogami.. :3 (Akane X Kogami) <3

-The profiler is so much interesting, i really like how he can shock Akane with all his accurate prediction.

-the bone pipe thing make me shiver and the interview with that cyborg psycho is terrifying but i do like he's point of view, people do intend too much relying in technology.. :) (i can't imagine my life without my gadget)

i love this eps, this eps is what u call "calm before storm" ;)

Feb 10, 2013 4:58 PM

Solid episode.

Feb 10, 2013 7:28 PM
Akane is really moe. Psycho Pass is probably the moe-est show of the year.

Feb 12, 2013 5:43 PM

Akane and the reporter woman are particularly attractive in this episode, am I the only one who think so?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Feb 15, 2013 3:46 AM

Danielcook said:
Is the white haired guy gay?

Of course he is. You should drop this before the yaoi fest starts.

Feb 19, 2013 8:48 AM

Good to know more about Ginoza.
Makishima is obsessed with Shinya. Lol.
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe

Feb 20, 2013 3:57 AM
That old's man creepy smile really makes me wanna fucking kill myself. God, that crazy fucker who killed Oryuu Rikako really shocks me till the case last time left unsolved.

Goddamn it.... I really hate myself...
Modified by JafriZin, Feb 21, 2013 3:39 AM

Mar 1, 2013 4:59 AM
I'm really glad they wrote in a confrontation between Akane and her boss now rather than dragging it out for ages. Great pace to the episode too!

Mar 24, 2013 7:30 AM

transcendent12 said:
Cool ep, Akane's outburst at the end was really well done.

This. The episode took it's time to explore the setting and characters calmly - it feels so good after the last arc, I barely lived through it.

Yumekichi11 said:

<3

Mar 27, 2013 9:13 PM
originanime

Akane fighting back really surprised me! I'm impressed.

My eyes went from o.o to O_O /LOL

Apr 10, 2013 7:32 AM

AKANE IN MOE-MODE! XDD

"Let me keep believing... so that I can keep on living."

Apr 17, 2013 10:36 AM

I really loved Akane defending herself. However, once she seems to start trying less hard to hold her temper, it seems like it will make her Psycho-Pass cloudy. My prediction I made very early, seems to still be on the table. v.v

Apr 21, 2013 8:55 PM

wow just realized the similarity between her avatar and candy

also that mostly cyborg guys small pupils all the time creeped me out
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."

Apr 25, 2013 5:51 PM

The outburst was really cool. I'm glad Akane has the guts to speak out, I think she deserves some respect for that.

May 25, 2013 1:42 PM

A pretty slow episode, but filled with lots of information, even that hunter from the last episode reappeared so he must have a bigger role or he's the next case! Lets see what's next!

May 28, 2013 5:25 AM
Why am I the only one here in this thread? I guess NOBODY seems to be with me despite what just happened during last episode.

Jun 19, 2013 9:29 AM

So just by learning the way a criminal might think or getting involved with crime investigating makes you similar to a criminal? D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

Jun 20, 2013 5:40 PM

Tsunemori was definitely acting as if going with Kougami to Saiga’s place was a date. I know this isn’t a romance and I really don’t want it to turn into one, but if he ***ks her, that would make it quite interesting.

So Senguji Toyohisa (the guy working with Makishima) is a cyborg and is pushing for others to get such a body as well. This is similar to Ghost in the Shell.

I’m glad that Tsunemori stood up to Ginoza. I think he’s been hiding behind procedure and the psycho-pass for too long without taking initiative. Granted, Ginoza probably has a lot of experience especially with his dad being one the first to be demoted from inspector to enforcer, so this would make him jaded. However, it’s important to remember the goal of the job and why one takes it in the first place.

When Toyohisa tells Makishima that he smiles when he hears Kougami’s name, it makes it seem as though he might have indeed known him. I guess we’ll have to see.
-What do you mean life doesn't work like my Chinese cartoons!?

Jul 9, 2013 1:33 AM

Makishima reminds me of Red John from The Mentalist - using only the most screwed up serial killers and lunatics at his arsenal. Really interested to see how this hunt is going to turn out, I'm willing to bet that cyborg hunter's psycho pass exceeds the dismemberment art girl's.

Jul 9, 2013 12:29 PM

That cyborg dude's eyes are very unsettling. Like. Very.
Just when I thought I was getting to like Akane now- I started to dislike her!
Makishima's little obsession...And his smile at the end, makes me wonder does he really want him dead? xD

Jul 31, 2013 3:42 AM

Interesting how Senguji compared humans to cyborgs, in a way it's true - we can't work efficiently without electricity and technology.

Aug 5, 2013 3:10 PM

this episode gave me a lot to think about. cyborg body n society, criminals' psychology (again), charisma, etc...Cyberpunk to the highest level.

a touch to Ginoza's past was nice too.

and Kougami's "what's your problem!?" when the lil android thing followed him in the basement was probably the first delinquent-ish words i've ever encountered in the show

edit: my reaction when they went to see Saiga: "OMFG MOUNTAINS"
Modified by TeNShIkA, Aug 5, 2013 3:14 PM

Aug 6, 2013 7:13 PM

As usual, everything Eudaimonia said is spot on.

Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell, talking about replacing bodies with cyborgs.

Lolol the deduction scene with the professor reminded me so much of Sherlock Holmes.

Akane must feel pretty comfortable with Kougami to relax enough to put her feet up in the seat. It's cute~

Why did she smile when Kougami said the system decided he couldn't come back?

Geeze, all these killers are beyond creepy. Is Makishima just as bad, even though he doesn't kill up close like them?

Wooow, Akane got angry~~

I feel bad for Ginoza, I can understand where he's coming from even though I empathize with Akane.
眠れないのは君のせい

Sep 16, 2013 2:04 AM

Wow i am impressed by Akane o.o! That outburst!
I want one of those Jellyfish A.I's :|!
Modified by Aozure, Sep 16, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 10, 2013 1:40 AM

for me, this was the most interesting episode so far, i really loved most of the conversations between the characters.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|

Dec 5, 2013 10:54 PM

Great episode but it was really slow tbh.

Akane looking good just for coming along with Kougami :)

so moe!!! love her voice as well!!

the reporter is hot as hell as well!! though she looked irritated at the end when that freak keeps pushing about humanity trying to be God for once.

that Saiga guy seems smart, the so called "profiling" method is common or if not essential to every detective work out there. though it is possible with all the technology you have, you may no longer need something so old fashion like this.

so this Makishima could have qualities of a God? :P

Akane bursting out like that to Gino! though i don't blame her since she's being treated like this since day 1. i know Gino is just looking out for her, but he could have gone easy on her.

so Gino's father was a latent criminal huh? and now Kougami his partner as well. i could see why he's emotional on this.

now i do hope that shotgun idiot get's killed as brutally as possible like what he did to Ouryou, Rikako. bastard even used her bones as a cup for his drink.

can't wait for the next episode

Dec 27, 2013 6:35 PM
Ginoza acts like a dick, but it's hard to blame him after what the last few episodes have shown. Shinya, on the other hand, is almost unbelievable in his passiveness. Every time somebody wrongs him they are instantly forgiven and every time somebody says points out something that contradicts with his views, he gives credit to their opinion. Quite a guy.

Our new bad guy has eyes and a smile that practically scream "I blow the heads off schoolgirls and make pipes out of their bones" But the discussion on cyborgism was interesting.

We definitely see Akane disapproving more and more of the Sibyl system as she sees more of its effects on 'innocent' people. It's lucky that she has a strong enough mind to keep her Psycho-Pass clear, but I'm not sure just how long that might last.

Hstar said:
Interesting how Senguji compared humans to cyborgs, in a way it's true - we can't work efficiently without electricity and technology.

I actually don't think is true. We may have made ourselves unable to work efficiently without electricity and technology, but that was not always the case. Before humans even started using electricity, we were able to get along just fine. What has stopped us from being able to do so is modeling our society around technology. This goes further into what Shotgun man was saying, I think we would all get along fine without cyborg technology. It is when our the majority of our society adopts it and begins basing their lives around it that it will become hard to live without. If we never used it in the first place, we wouldn't have to rely on it.

PrinceHeir said:
now i do hope that shotgun idiot get's killed as brutally as possible like what he did to Ouryou, Rikako. bastard even used her bones as a cup for his drink.

I can't say I'll be sad when he inevitably gets brutally murdered, but I don't feel one bit of sympathy for Rikako. Bitch murdered girls and displayed their naked, mutilated bodies in public parks. And actually, he used her bones for his pipe, not his glass :P
Modified by SatanicBeaver, Dec 27, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 29, 2013 8:39 PM

It was a good episode. Not an action episode, but it's good sometime to relax, even more after the last episode.

Akane have some guts, to stand like this against her sempai. But Gino kinda have his reason to treat her like a child.

So now Kougami is Makishima next target. I guess he just want to test him with the cyborg.

The cyborg thing is pretty scary in that context, I mean they can't evaluate his psycho-pass, right?

The Sybille system is so flawed, someone can be judged has a criminal just because he try to think like one to resolve crime. So much thing can influence stress, so someone with anxiety can be declared as a potential criminal? Man, I'd be scared to live in that kind of society with my anxiety disorder xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 4, 2014 3:12 PM

Interesting story now I wonder what is going trough the mind who wrote this anime.
Also Akane is quite adorable :3. I seriouslsy hope she doesn't end up dead.

Jan 14, 2014 10:14 PM

Yet an other interesting episode. I really like the opening and ending.

Jan 19, 2014 5:20 AM

I really love the character development between Kogami and Akane. <3

Dat Akane's blush. The professor was so genius that he made her feel awkward. Not to mention that Kogami was beside her.

So Gino was mad to Kogami because he was not supposed to bring her to the professor's house because of the issue. But Akane got angry, because of Gino's wrong perspective. That was a nice speech, girl! I got a feeling it was a love triangle between Gino, Akane and Kogami. You could say I'm very imaginative, lol. So the reason why Gino was acting strange is that he could not get over with his miserable past. So we could not blame him. But Akane was right. The Sibyll System had too many flaws. She's also strong that her psycho-pass doesn't get cloudy. But how long could she do it?

The new enemy was creepy. Those materials he was using... It was made from Rika's bones! Then, they were targeting Kogami. I'm pretty sure Makishima will dispose the weird guy later on. What can you expect from the mastermind guy?
Modified by TicklingThoughts, Jan 19, 2014 5:32 AM

Feb 20, 2014 12:00 AM

TeNShIkA said:
this episode gave me a lot to think about. cyborg body n society, criminals' psychology (again), charisma, etc...Cyberpunk to the highest level.

a touch to Ginoza's past was nice too.
"

This..

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »