Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2012 8:41 PM
Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nov 2, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, just wow.

Although I dont understand much about war, moreover fleet wars, I think this anime is done very well and contains a lot of diplomatic dialogues, thing unheard in japanese animations. Glad I picked this up, loving Zipang.
Mar 20, 2016 11:03 AM

Oct 2014

So they're finally going to change history eh? Let's see how this plays off. I wonder if Kusaka Takumi's suggestion to Yamamoto Isoroku to retreat works well.

The first post is quality discussion on the episode /s
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 29, 2017 10:17 PM

Nov 2013
GPS guided missiles? In 1942, GPS did not exist. I wonder how that missile will find its target.
Other than that apparent oversight, a real intense scenario. Never a dull moment, and uncertainty from many dimensions!
Oct 22, 2019 3:04 AM

Feb 2012
basspig said:
GPS guided missiles? In 1942, GPS did not exist. I wonder how that missile will find its target.
Other than that apparent oversight, a real intense scenario. Never a dull moment, and uncertainty from many dimensions!

They're using a laser guided missile. That's why they sent a team to the island to mark the target with a laser.
Oct 22, 2019 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
Phaetons_Folly said:
basspig said:

They're using a laser guided missile. That's why they sent a team to the island to mark the target with a laser.

The first theoretical LASER was invented in 1961. There were no LASERs in 1945.
Oct 22, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2012
basspig said:
Phaetons_Folly said:

I did quote a comment you made over two years ago, so I'll just assume you don't remember this anime well. The guys who use the laser guided missile come from a ship from roughly 2005 that was transported back to 1942. That's why they have a targeting laser in 1942. The devise will work as long as they have batteries for it.
Aug 31, 2021 11:08 AM

Mar 2016
Well, well well, that's a close one, the commander of Division 8, knowing that the US doesn't have a carrier on standby, could right ahead and went onwards with demolishing the US fleet along with any already ashore on the island, but he stuck true to the operation and retreated as planned. With that being said, it's now up to the US marine commander to retreat away from the island, ofc a little gift in the form of a ship-launched laser-guided cruise missile would be the perfect gift (and deterrence) to really drive the point of FUCK OFF home.
Aug 31, 2021 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
basspig said:
basspig said:

I'm not sure if you're blind, deaf, stupid or simply all of them. If you haven't been paying attention to the past 12 eps, the MC's warship 'Mirai' was clearly from the 21st century of the early 2000s as they've stated numerous times before. The GPS and Laser technology have not only been invented but also developed to a high degree of capability by then. Get your facts straight.
Sep 1, 2021 11:14 AM

Nov 2013
You're lack of technical knowledge is causing you to make erroneous accusations.

I am a retired engineer in the communications field. I know that GPS requires two components to work: ground based receivers and space based orbital satellites.
These satellites did not exist in 1945, to the GPS guidance systems on Mirai's missiles would have failed to acquire GPS signal and thus aborted launch.

The ship's LASERs would obviously still work, as no infrastructure outside of Mirai is required. But GPS satellites would not come into existence for another forty years.

Mind your manners, son.
Sep 1, 2021 11:33 AM

Mar 2016
basspig said:
You're lack of technical knowledge is causing you to make erroneous accusations.

I am a retired engineer in the communications field. I know that GPS requires two components to work: ground based receivers and space based orbital satellites.
These satellites did not exist in 1945, to the GPS guidance systems on Mirai's missiles would have failed to acquire GPS signal and thus aborted launch.

The ship's LASERs would obviously still work, as no infrastructure outside of Mirai is required. But GPS satellites would not come into existence for another forty years.

Mind your manners, son.

Your*

Your lack of English comprehension is causing you to make spelling mistakes.

Mind your spelling, codger.

Seriously though, we are on the same page about 1 thing, even you acknowledged that the LASERs would work and that's undeniably true.
However, for the GPS part, I have never explicitly mention GPS Satellite. By GPS, I meant the Global Positioning System itself, the one that has been integrated into Mirai's computer. Of course, it won't work since the satellites needed for it simply does not exist, but even that has been shown earlier on as they are currently relying on the ship's gyrocompass.

Essentially... LASERs and GPS technology exist within Mirai. NOT outside of it and certainly not in outer space at the time. Just because a GPS system doesn't work because it requires a satellite, doesn't take away the fact that the system itself is there on the ship.
ShadowkillZSep 1, 2021 11:49 AM
Sep 1, 2021 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
If you think you can do better with 50 years added to your age, joint pain, partial paralysis from Parkinson's disease and partial blindness, be my guest. I'll bet you always got 100 in spelling bees.

As for the rest, it looks like you're simply picking an argument. You're making a pathetic attempt to backpeddle on your earlier inaccurate statements.

Too bad an interest in anime does not preclude jerks. I'm done with this conversation.
Sep 19, 2022 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
I still don't understand how ruining the American invasion of Guadalcanal is supposed to end the war. Ironically the crew of the Mirai, or rather the author of this story, is making the same mistake the Japanese of the 1940s made and badly underrates the importance the Americans have put on winning this war and assumes they will give up if dealt a setback or two.
Nov 11, 2022 8:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sagitarius, the arrow that will change the future!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zipang Episode 26 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 14, 2009

23 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Jan 26, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 13 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 4, 2012

10 by The_JackMan26 »»
Apr 12, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 25 Discussion

abdulaziz1 - May 18, 2015

3 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 24 Discussion

Arnardi - Sep 7, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 6:07 AM

Poll: » Zipang Episode 23 Discussion

casen3ms - Dec 5, 2012

4 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 1, 2022 4:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.