Dec 3, 2012 12:37 PM
Jun 2012
Fate/stay night.
Dec 3, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
Fate, Majokoi
Dec 4, 2012 7:50 AM

Jun 2012
Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime, Katawa Shoujo and Ace Attorney. The last one is more involved though.
Dec 4, 2012 8:01 AM
Mar 2011
Machi
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 4, 2012 9:08 AM

Jan 2012
Two of my personal favourites:
Dec 4, 2012 12:17 PM

Mar 2012
Why? Your not going to find a better one than Clannad.
Dec 4, 2012 12:34 PM
Mar 2011
YakuzaPikachu said:

Bull
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Dec 4, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
YakuzaPikachu said:
Have you only played Clannad...? I mean you haven't even seen the Anime of it :|. I say Katawa Shoujo...
Dec 4, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
Katawa Shoujo, free download in their site.
Dec 4, 2012 12:55 PM
Mar 2011
Play Machi and 428 Then every thig will seam like a Downgrade

Dec 4, 2012 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
Dangan ronpa, its not translated but theres a VN of it on the something awful forums and the thing is freaking incredible.

Basically the plot is this, 15 high school students who are the top of their class in certian fields(ie. super high school level baseball player, heir, gambler and so on) are accepted into hope's peak academy, our main character walks in and immediatly blacks out and wakes up inside the school with the windows boarded up and the front gate suddenly becoming a 100 ton gate surrounded by machine gun turrets, all teh 15 student meet eachother and suddenly a bear called monobear appears and tells them that they have to live their entire lives here in hope's peak academy, though there is one way out through "graduation"

Graduation is 1 of the students needs to kill a fellow student without be caught, only then will they be allowed to leave, once a murder takes place a school trial is brought out and the students must work together to find out who did it, if they guess the wrong person the murderer runs free and the rest of the students are executed, if the murderer is picked only he/she will be executed

It has a likable cast of character, music by the composer of persona, top notch voice acting(you will only hear it during trials like in the game, music is posted where it appears in the game) manages to eb both funny in the dakr way while still having intense scenes, theres a legit plot behind the battle royale premise that i cant say without spoiler, the game after chap 3 is basically entirely made of twisst i guarantee you wont see coming

Its seriously a must read, i didnt think it would be good especially with the format of the lp but trust me on this, read it and be proven wrong. This one lp of this game dominated the entire forum of the something awful forums. here is the link for those interested

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Warning, this game is very very VERY easy to spoil so i urge you, do not look it up through google or anything or look up any reception to it and all that, im not kidding when I say its one of the easiest games to spoil since so many twists and turns happen at every second, i cant even go into detial why its so great because of spoilers.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2012 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
Yes I've played Clannad, Air, Little Busters, Rewrite, Kanon, and I think Key's are the best VNs out there. I tried to play a few others that were based on romance but they were either really generic, way too ecchi, or had abunch of violence.
Can't beat Keys formula, it's perfect. Umineko/Higurashi wouldn't have copied it and gotten the success it did if it wasn't.
Dec 4, 2012 2:05 PM

Jun 2012
trueld said:
Not clannad

You could tell something about you, what genre do you like? Can you read Japanese? Would you like a long or short VN?
Watching at your list I guess one of your favorite genre is drama, so I'd suggest Hoshizora no Memoria, Kanon, Kana: Imouto is also a good read.
They're all translated in english.
Dec 4, 2012 2:11 PM
Mar 2011
YakuzaPikachu said:
Yes I've played Clannad, Air, Little Busters, Rewrite, Kanon, and I think Key's are the best VNs out there. I tried to play a few others that were based on romance but they were either really generic, way too ecchi, or had abunch of violence.
Can't beat Keys formula, it's perfect. Umineko/Higurashi wouldn't have copied it and gotten the success it did if it wasn't.
YakuzaPikachu said:

Chunsoft are Better

Dec 4, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2009
DateYutaka said:
YakuzaPikachu said:

Bull

For once I agree with you.

I didnt like the Clannad game that much. Sure there were alot of good routes...I loved Kappei especially but it never struck me as amazing at all.

Kanon, Little Busters, G-Senjou no Maou, Sharin no Kuni and Hoshizora no Memoria I rate higher.
Dec 4, 2012 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
Riptos said:
DateYutaka said:
YakuzaPikachu said:

Bull

For once I agree with you.

I didnt like the Clannad game that much. Sure there were alot of good routes...I loved Kappei especially but it never struck me as amazing at all.
I honestly feel like the VN wasnt all that great, like i thought the routes worked well when they were condensed into short episodes rather than stretched out across the whole games per route, yes i realize how insane that sounds to say condensed and rushed was better.

Actually I felt the exact same way with kanon aswell.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2012 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Snatcher :B

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

45 by RobertsahDHDA »»
1 hour ago

» Rarest/Coolest gaming related things you own.

SnipeStrike - 4 hours ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
2 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3503 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

26 by Theo1899 »»
12 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Apr 17

2 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.