Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 4, 2012 5:20 AM

Nov 2009
Marow said:
English characters are always pretty for some reason.

Japan has some kind of impression that foreigners are usually very beautiful/handsome, hence pretty characters. Well that's what i heard at least, I don't know if it's true
Dec 4, 2012 5:24 AM

Oct 2010
I'm liking this anime more and more by each episode.

I don't understand why there's so much hating on Sorata either. He's probably one of few main characters that actually has (or is trying to find) a dream. All the other main characters are just there to make the girls fight over him and lead to cliché fan service situations.
Dec 4, 2012 5:34 AM

Oct 2012
MagicFlier said:

I see what you did there to this episode's opening JC Staff,
i see what you did there ಠ_ಠ

ending too ;) there is him running and on the last screen he is now there in person (no more laptop) :)
Dec 4, 2012 6:05 AM

Jan 2011
The great maid-sama got out of her room =D!!
She's awesome.
I love Shiina's paintings!
Dec 4, 2012 6:10 AM
Nov 2012
Marow said:
English characters are always pretty for some reason.

me too :-s btw, Shiina began to act some annoy gesture to Sorata ^^
Dec 4, 2012 6:24 AM

Aug 2007
Its good that after a bad day ypu have fun with friends.
Dec 4, 2012 6:27 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good episode.....

4/5

EDIT - BTW Ryuunosuke is a freaking guy.... wut....

BigDB64 said:
Basically, the summary of this episode: "Sorata no baka"

Stupid Sorata indeed o-o

Pretty much indeed.... But quite understandable.....
twonlineDec 4, 2012 7:44 AM
Dec 4, 2012 6:35 AM

Nov 2012
Why do i get the feeling Sorata is going to continue to say things to Mashiro and push her away,(even though its pretty obvious she has feelings for him) to the point where she gives up and heads back to England. Then of course once she is gone, Sorata will come to realize what she meant to him and go chasing after. I'm hoping not, since that sort of scenario is kinda cliche, but his very last comment at the end of the show saying she should go back to the art world, gives me this funny feeling something like that could happen.

Man up, Sorata!
Dec 4, 2012 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
Lame. Worst episode so far by far.
Out of nowhere someone appears trying to decide someone's life. So boring and annoying and generic.
Jeez. Shiina said she won't go back, her heart belongs to Sorata and everybody in Sakurasou knows that except for Sorata maybe, it's all her decision.
5mins at maximum in this episode and Rita could've left again already. End of her appearance and this ep would've been good with Dragon. But no, we have to deal with her next episode again. So not looking forward to it.

Oh and don't exaggerate. Shiina's pic in the gallery was boring and nothing special at all.~
Dec 4, 2012 6:51 AM

May 2010
well there a twist for ya, Rita was a fun person to see straight foward. not to mention she was hot >.>

Yup stupid Sorata, clueless,. here come the emotion roller coaster. you would think they would tone it down some since what just happen.
Dec 4, 2012 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
good episode, enjoyable :)
Dec 4, 2012 7:17 AM

Apr 2010
It's because i knew that Ryuu was male else i could have sworn he was a girl from his looks.
Was funny how he pissed of the teacher with his small interests and teasing her and he even managed to make her angry and insecure poor teacher.
Rika is a pretty selfish person forcing Shiina to go back to the UK and even claiming to stay with Sorata till she goes Shiina goes with her.
Shiina might be a good artist but whether she continue's her art or not is her decision no matter what others think about it.
Dec 4, 2012 7:26 AM
Oct 2009
nantuko said:
5mins at maximum in this episode and Rita could've left again already. End of her appearance and this ep would've been good with Dragon. But no, we have to deal with her next episode again. So not looking forward to it.

Agreed 100%! If Ryuu finally appears, it has to be like BAM! There he is! And have the whole episode about him or something! Why the heck would they just randomly have him appear and then almost ocmpletely ignore him? He's much more interesting than Miss Generic Sub-plot, Rita.
Dec 4, 2012 7:28 AM

Feb 2012
Enjoyable good episode 4.8/5
Dec 4, 2012 7:38 AM

May 2009

Haha, this guy. He's just like Aoyama: she doesn't notice his feelings and he overreacts and blushes around her.
Dec 4, 2012 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
Ryounosuke trap

yeah this is the most interesting thing in this whole episode xD Well not really, it just surprised... now hoping that Sorata ends up with Mashiro and Aoyama with that guy up there on the pic :D I mean it's obvious that Sorata sees Aoyama only as a friend.
Dec 4, 2012 8:26 AM
Feb 2009

that is not jealousy but frustration after seeing how others have the things you wanted most but never seems to appreciated it. typical result from that would be either u becoming Rita (gave up), or becoming Jin (trying hard with ur own way) or Sorata (not sure until the very end?)

and about the painting, i think Shiina felt suffocated by all the expectations from others (indicated by the dept of water), that's why she paint it before she left England... maybe just me tho...

btw, this ep made me lol so hard
flame_tiongDec 4, 2012 8:46 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Dec 4, 2012 8:36 AM

Dec 2011
flame_tiong said:

that is not jealousy but frustration after seeing how others have the things you wanted most but never seems to appreciated it. typical result from that would be either u becoming Rita (gave up), or becoming Jin (trying hard with ur own way) or Sorata (not sure until the very end?)

and about the painting, i think Shiina felt suffocated by all the expectations from others (indicated by the dept of water), that's why she paint it before she left England... maybe just me tho...

This is true xD And your friend seems similar to me :P Tho I have ambitions, I am extremely quick learner (the drawing skill I posses now came from 2 months of practice), ever since I can remember stuff people have been telling me that I am talented writer. But I am lazy to put all that to use and become something big in this world. Tho being lazy is not the exact reason. It's more like I am to bored with my current life so it just doesn't motivates me enough to make it better XD
Dec 4, 2012 8:39 AM

Sep 2012
erm... so... Goodbye Mashiro? impossible... ==

was wondering who's the new "girl" featured in the OP.. and "she" turns out to be Ryuunosuke... A TRAP INDEED!!

wonder when can we see Yuuko-chan again? :3
Dec 4, 2012 9:28 AM

Jul 2010
Mashiro's future is not Sorata's or Rita's choice.It's only her that can decide what she love and want to do.Forcing someone to meet people expectations just suck.So Rita, please gtfo? or at least try to understand.Shiina's art was beautiful though, she could keep painting as a hobby while not drawing manga.

5/5 glad NOT to see much of Aoyama in this episode.
Dec 4, 2012 9:56 AM
Jan 2011

Well then Rita did mention to Sorata that Shiina would break him up in the long run, but it looks like she the one who is breaking things up. Cute as she is, I'm starting to hate her. As for Sorata, I guess he does deserved to be called "STUPID," co'z he could have had the fortitude to imply to Rita that it is Shiina's decision and she must respect her, and not allow himself to be slowly convinced by her.

Anyway, I guess the way it looks Rita was a good painter herself until she saw Shiina's work of art and decided to not paint anymore, it's the same thing that happen to Leonardo Da Vinci's mentor.

Btw: It's "Anyway" without the "s", not "Anyways" co'z that interjection is never pluralized. You can consult you local grade school English book for that.

Aoyama X Sorata arc? Hummmmm, as much as I want to expect it, I'm not so hopeful.
Nasty001Dec 4, 2012 10:01 AM
Dec 4, 2012 10:14 AM

Aug 2012
I like Ryuunosuke.

Meanwhile, I'm disliking Mashiro more and more each ep. Why does she "have to go back to the art world" anyway, Kanda? Just let her do whatever the hell she wants.

Just stop caring for her and go out with Aoyama lol.
Dec 4, 2012 10:49 AM

Mar 2012
I really like Ryuunosuke
and he must have a pretty skin cuz he eats tomatoes
his hair and voice suit him so much and I like personality
weird he dislikes women, but likes his ´Maid´

and I want Misaki´s anime to be real XD
xxanimeeeDec 4, 2012 10:54 AM
Dec 4, 2012 10:53 AM

Jan 2008
"Sorata no baka". Completely fits the entire episode and what I think of the episode.
Dec 4, 2012 11:03 AM

May 2011
I liked the episode, but really in the end, only Mashiro can decide whats best for herself
Dec 4, 2012 11:09 AM

Dec 2011
xxanimeee said:
I really like Ryuunosuke
and he must have a pretty skin cuz he eats tomatoes
his hair and voice suit him so much and I like personality
weird he dislikes women, but likes his ´Maid´

and I want Misaki´s anime to be real XD

Maid is his waifu xD
Dec 4, 2012 11:51 AM
Jun 2012
akutasame94 said:

This is true xD And your friend seems similar to me :P Tho I have ambitions, I am extremely quick learner (the drawing skill I posses now came from 2 months of practice), ever since I can remember stuff people have been telling me that I am talented writer. But I am lazy to put all that to use and become something big in this world. Tho being lazy is not the exact reason. It's more like I am to bored with my current life so it just doesn't motivates me enough to make it better XD

atleast you have the self esteem to accept your talents. If I'm completely honest with myself I would say that I think I can draw and compose music better than the average person without music theory and/or drawing knowledge but whenever I try doing either of those thigns I realize it sucks compared to what semi-professional artists do and realize that nobody can be good at both of these things so I just give up even though I know that for someone who only draws this short most aren't as 'good' as me. Or something. like when I see the things people post on Mark Crilley's videos and stuff about how hard it is which looks like they exaggerate. And eventually I always think 'how the fk could I even make money with doing something like this'? /delusionalrambling

OT: fun episode I guess? As usual. There were some points that made me go 'mm?', particulary when Sorata picked Rita's side so easily and didnt'pay much attention to how Mashiro felt even though she showed it pretty obviously. but overall this series is entertaining enough for me to not really mind these 'goof ups'. Unlike a certain other currently airing anime with elves and imouto (sorry, had to do it).
BlubBlobDec 4, 2012 11:58 AM
Dec 4, 2012 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
niaxato said:
Why do i get the feeling Sorata is going to continue to say things to Mashiro and push her away,(even though its pretty obvious she has feelings for him) to the point where she gives up and heads back to England. Then of course once she is gone, Sorata will come to realize what she meant to him and go chasing after.!

Yeah I think that will happen as well. The show is turning out to be quite cliched and predictable. Mari Okada, in charge of the series composition?, often makes the drama feel forced and contrived.More humor and less drama please. Who cares about the problems that the characters in the show face anyway? At this rate, I don't know how they are going to fill up another cour. It's bound to get boring because there is not much of a premise of the story to begin with.

Also I can't be the only one who is tired of a character like Mashiro. Seriously? After seeing a million other quiet autistic yet somehow "cute" type in anime, Mashiro is probably one of the dullest characters in the show. Yet the Mashiro fanbase is still growing strong......sighs Jin is clearly the coolest guy in the show. Sorata is bland but he's tolerable. Mashiro is irritating because of her dandere qualities( she's literally retarded in some scenes). Nanami is standard tsundere and also annoying sometimes. As for Misaki, well...... she's really odd.In a cringeworthy way....
omoikane27Dec 4, 2012 12:00 PM
Dec 4, 2012 12:23 PM

Oct 2010
blackholevortex said:
niaxato said:
Why do i get the feeling Sorata is going to continue to say things to Mashiro and push her away,(even though its pretty obvious she has feelings for him) to the point where she gives up and heads back to England. Then of course once she is gone, Sorata will come to realize what she meant to him and go chasing after.!

Yeah I think that will happen as well. The show is turning out to be quite cliched and predictable. Mari Okada, in charge of the series composition?, often makes the drama feel forced and contrived.More humor and less drama please. Who cares about the problems that the characters in the show face anyway? At this rate, I don't know how they are going to fill up another cour. It's bound to get boring because there is not much of a premise of the story to begin with.
Well I would not say so but let this arc past. Seems the last one with the sister and this one look to be too mundane for people. There are other arcs so the variations may well be coming.

I just checked:
http://myanimelist.net/people/10579/Ishizuka_Atsuko
BAD CHOICE! Horrible. She only did Aoi? Not good for her for this series.

Of her:
http://myanimelist.net/people/5978/Okada_Mari
should have more faith man. Gosick and AKB person there sure gives a lot to expect but forced? Yes but she is not the only one that does that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 4, 2012 12:29 PM

Jun 2009
The Tomato is a Fruit it is and easy thing to get confused but dude Since he is a Genius shouldn't he have known that?
Dec 4, 2012 12:49 PM

Oct 2011
WOW!! Didn't expect Ryuunosuke to look like that at all!!

I remembered someone said in the forum before that the whole Sakurasou will work together to make a game together!! And now it happened! He probably read the LN!!

Also, Sorata decided to bring Mashiro back to the art world!! Expected but still disappointed!!
Signature
Dec 4, 2012 12:55 PM
Oct 2012
nantuko said:

Out of nowhere someone appears trying to decide someone's life. So boring and annoying and generic.

She was mentioned as Sorata's English equivalent in episode 2, so not out of anywhere. And given Mashiro's talent, lots of people are going to try to decide her life. So not generic as much as realistic. If the two decide to get together expect a hell of a lot more interference from a whole host of people.

Flame raised a good point above about it being frustration and not jealousy. That is very true. A good example were the 3 art girls in this episode. For them art was fun, and they enjoyed painting. They were excited about doing something for the cultural festival, but then they saw Mashiro, and they knew that they wouldn't be able to have "fun", indeed most likely everyone else would either completely ignore their paintings (if they were lucky) or actually insult them for even trying. It isn't that they want Mashiro's talent, it is rather that her talent will completely and unfairly eclipse whatever they tried, so why now even bother?

For Rita it is even worse because she does have talent, and she is honest enough to appreciate Mashiro's superior talent.

As for the picture, I think the animators have done a very good job at trying to express that these are incredible pictures. Of course they can't show such incredible art because if they could they wouldn't be animators, but rather painters. But they have done an outstanding job at giving the impression that they would be incredible to see.

Edit: one last thing. I really enjoyed it as Sorata understood that the question wasn't merely about what he or even Mashiro wants, but a desire to let talent out for the world to enjoy. That was another instance where this animation really shined.
Dec 4, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2011
We finally got more characters introduced this time.
I love how Ryuunosuke appeared so randomly! Hahahahaha.

That painting is so majestic!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2012 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
All I wanted was for Sorata to tell Rita,"Mashiro is happy doing manga now, when she feels ready to get back into painting, I will fully support whatever decision she makes." Instead all it takes is Rita saying a couple of sentences and bam, forget manga, forget whatever happiness she found since leaving England, and go back to what was making her miserable in the first place.

Am I wrong for wanting maybe 1 out of a 50 male leads in this type of anime to actually be strong and have a backbone?
Dec 4, 2012 1:13 PM

Oct 2012
People may think that this episode was generic, but I think they are just looking in the wrong places. We gotta understand that life isn't all that straight forward, where forcing people to do what they are meant to do is wrong. Especially considering mashiro's "autistic personality", it's easy to start thinking that mashiro's decisions aren't good, and that you feel the need to make decisions for her. Imagination is strong, and what you think you would do in that kind of situation can be completely different from what you would actually do. Also, sorata was in a state of amazement when he saw that painting. The feeling of how overwhelming that painting was to him probably made him base his decision on what was in front of him, which blinded him from considering mashiro's feelings. Anyways, that's just how I think, and I don't think sorata is any more stupid than an average person.
AnimeHAwk616Dec 4, 2012 1:20 PM
Dec 4, 2012 1:13 PM

Jul 2007
This show started great, some drama atmosphere etc, now it's turning into the average crap boring show.
Dec 4, 2012 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Really great episode. Rita and Ryuunosuke is here! Ryuunosuke's seiyuu is pretty good and he looks so much like a girl. I would have thought he was a girl, if they never stated that he was a guy. The preview was funny though. Who would have thought that he goes to the bathroom so early... The part when he was eating tomatoes in class was funny too. I guess the girls were impressed with his attitude, since they were staring at him. There wasn't enough of him in the episode though! And it was supposed to be about Ryuunosuke during this arc. Sorata had some trouble in this episode... Mashiro was basically shunning him, with the exception of calling him baka all the time. I honestly though Sorata should have said Mashiro should have done what she wanted to do. I mean, Mashiro encouraged Sorata to do what he wanted to do. However, when it was Mashiro's turn to ask for guidance, all he said was "Shiina should go back to the art world". There was some pretty decent developments until now. Sorata was being too dense in this episode! He should have used what Mashiro taught him. To do what he wanted to do. To follow his own dream. But, all he did was drop a pipe bomb on her. Great episode though. Pretty decent follow ups and introductions of characters. Easily one of the best animes of the year.

People may think this is "generic" anime episode. However, with the story about how Mashiro used to be a renowned artist, many people would decide what she would do. Especially her parents. Considering how Mashiro's parents may have been high class people in England, they would want Mashiro to follow a proper path, instead of drawing manga. There are also other relatives or friends who may look down upon her for taking up manga and dropping painting. The critics would also decide what she would have to do. The point is, the plot with someone wanting to bring one of the main characters back home, is PERFECT for this kind of anime. The plot suits that point pretty good. I bet, in the future episodes, we would see Mashiro's mom, dad, or grandfather who comes to bring her home and guide her into becoming a proper artist. This isn't some generic episode, if they explained the plot beforehand. About how she was a renowned artist and wanted to pursue her actual dream. This happens in many anime and manga. However, not many would make sense like this anime.
ShinoAsadaDec 4, 2012 2:10 PM
Dec 4, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2012
This is better than Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.
Dec 4, 2012 3:56 PM
Nov 2012
Wow I really liked this episode! It seems that Riuunosuke is going to be in some problems with rita? XDD The Bed scene, the hotel scene, the sorata on baka. They were all awesome ^^ What an awesome episode :]
Dec 4, 2012 5:05 PM

Oct 2008
This show is maintaining the comedy, but is starting to lose the emotional strength that it used to have.

I started to have this feeling last episode when they simply inserted far too many comedic moments during more emotional scenes. Literally seconds after we have a serious scene, it's broken by some random moment. This show did do this at the beginning, but it didn't break the serious moments so often and not so quickly by comedic moments.

I honestly didn't feel much for Mashiro's dilemma this episode.
Dec 4, 2012 5:42 PM

Dec 2009
Here I was watching Sakurasou while talking to a friend.
"I can't believe they painted this wall while he was sleeping, I mean, it couldn't have been at night 'cause it would be dark, so..."
My friend said: "Are you really trying to find logic in Sakurasou? The other girl uses a rope to get in the boy's room."
Seems like I lost.

I liked Aka, too bad he didn't have much screentime.
Dec 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Apr 2012
testyal1 said:

Ha! Humor me.In what way is this better than the Kyo Ani godliness that is Chuunibyou?
Dec 4, 2012 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
Nice ep. Ryuunosuke finally showed up~
Again with this painting stuff :|
If that was me, I'd never give a fuck.
Dec 4, 2012 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
testyal1 said:

Hahaha. That's a good one.
Please tell me you were joking or drunk when you make that post.
Dec 4, 2012 6:40 PM
Oct 2012
noo sorata, dont think like that you idiot
Dec 4, 2012 6:45 PM

Sep 2012
I understand how you feel Ryuunosuke. My bathroom schedule is at 7am. So much rage builds up when someone is in there.
I like the comedy in the show but don't care much for the drama.
Dec 4, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2012
Furin1994 said:
noo sorata, dont think like that you idiot

.......uhhhhhhahhh so I'm torn, I really like this anime but im getting a little annoyed. Why the F is sorata so freaking stupid. She could still paint no matter where she is. Mashiro is oviously insanely talented at any form of art so the location dosn't matter. Sorata is just being stupid over and over again. On a happier note I thought the scene where the new girl rolled into his bed was funny. She is oviously just doing it to mess with mashiro. If it wasn't for sorata's attitude and personality this would be better. Though then he might be one of those boring characters so not sure if that would be better.

To the one who said that this was better than Chuunibyou I would like to say that you are wrong.... Just my personnel opinion though.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Dec 4, 2012 9:33 PM
Jun 2012
I think they are just exaggerating things. I mean, what if living with those people in Sakurasou is 1000 times more important for her than any of these paintings? Who has the right to tell her otherwise? Stupid Sorata.
Dec 4, 2012 11:03 PM

Nov 2009
testyal1 said:

I don't know if it's better or not, but Sakurasou did win the best comedy of this season from me XD thats for sure
Dec 4, 2012 11:35 PM
Jul 2012
best anime of this season
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.