Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think your #1 anime will ever be topped?

New
Do you think your #1 anime will ever be topped?
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
SquadmemberRitsu said:
SetsukoHara said:
It can. LOGH is not perfect after all.
>LOGH
>Not perfect

What do you mean? I don't understand.

IntroverTurtle said:
No I don't think so because my #1 anime was the first one that I gave a 10, and the show keeps on getting better and better.

But I do want something to challenge it, I'm not afraid of something getting close to it, but I don't think I would change my mind.

Wait for One Piece Kai!
Dec 3, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
There should have been a maybe option..
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 3, 2012 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
SquadmemberRitsu said:
>LOGH
>Not perfect

Ok im sorry but no matter how good a show is if you honest to god think its perfect, then you truly are a fool. If you cant realize you're favorite thing's flaws and accept them and move past them then you are not a real fan, you're just a blind fanboy. Clannad AS is my all time favorite and i know its flaws and bring them up here and there, i dont ignore them i accept them and see if the good outweighs the bad.
JizzyHitlerDec 3, 2012 2:05 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2012
bunny_lover said:
There should have been a maybe option..

No. There should not be a maybe option. If you cannot decide, then don't vote.
Dec 3, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Inretesting. A little over half of the voters think their favorite anime can be topped.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 3, 2012 2:15 PM

Feb 2010
LOGH says 'Come at me Bro!'.

Nobody comes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 3, 2012 2:38 PM

Mar 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
>LOGH
>Not perfect
Ok im sorry but no matter how good a show is if you honest to god think its perfect, then you truly are a fool. If you cant realize you're favorite thing's flaws and accept them and move past them then you are not a real fan, you're just a blind fanboy. Clannad AS is my all time favorite and i know its flaws and bring them up here and there, i dont ignore them i accept them and see if the good outweighs the bad.

I think he knows that? Or are you saying things generally...
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Dec 3, 2012 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
I really don't think so
Dec 3, 2012 2:44 PM

Nov 2012
"Do you think your #1 anime will ever be topped?"

Implying that Sword Art Online can be topped ...
Dec 3, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
I don't really consider anything my #1 favorite considering my top anime is so varied, but I wouldn't be surprised if someday something came along and topped them. I mean nothings perfect.
And common, imagine something being even more awesome than the most awesome thing you've ever seen.
That would be freaking amazing.
QuiGonJonDec 3, 2012 6:20 PM

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
I hope so.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 3, 2012 6:31 PM

Mar 2011
Probably one day.
Dec 3, 2012 6:33 PM
Sep 2012
I hope so. I mean, starting out in anime is the funnest thing ever. Unless you started off with a masterpiece, which most of us don't, there's a constant revival of that fantasy feeling. Everything is new and fresh and groundbreaking. Once you get up there in the series, though, that feeling becomes more and more sparse, as you realize things that you once thought were groundbreaking were actually cliche all along. And as time goes by, with each anime advancement you experience, it seems that two things become has-been. The rates at which techniques are created and techniques are overused are vastly different. I only hope that, by chance, I can continue to find stand out anime in the future.
Dec 3, 2012 6:46 PM

Jul 2012
Squeecky540 said:
Unless you started off with a masterpiece

I started out with TTGL, I had the standard set pretty high lol

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 6:51 PM

Nov 2012
Timgie said:
no_good_name said:
Timgie said:
Nope.

I've only been watching anime for like a year, and already I know Air will be my #1 fave for life. I've put it on a pedestal of nostalgia.

I suppose the only way it could be topped is if Key made something that connected with me more than Air, but:

1. It could only ever be Key and
2. That's never going to happen ;)

How about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVg9niMXPQ

?

That flew right over my head...

I just thought we needed some metal up in this bitch :)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
toybox said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
>LOGH
>Not perfect

I think he knows that? Or are you saying things generally...
He doesnt know that, He's in reply to a guy saying it wasnt perfect, the stupid meme where it uses brackets is used to take a certain part of a quote is stupid or illogical, hes trying to say calling lotgh is perfect, even if its not that show or anything of the sort there is no such thing as a perfect anything.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 3, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
no_good_name said:
Timgie said:
no_good_name said:
Timgie said:
Nope.

I've only been watching anime for like a year, and already I know Air will be my #1 fave for life. I've put it on a pedestal of nostalgia.

I suppose the only way it could be topped is if Key made something that connected with me more than Air, but:

How about this?

?

\m/ All hail the metal bros of MAL \m/

Here's some stoner , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwCSK_xWbg

Smoke some weed and shit while you listen to this.
Dec 3, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
no_good_name said:
Timgie said:
no_good_name said:
Timgie said:
Nope.

How about this?

?

m/ All hail the metal bros of MAL m/

Here's some stoner , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whwCSK_xWbg

Smoke some weed and shit while you listen to this.

I approve, have a smiley face sticker
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think there will be any anime that will have the same or greater impact in my life than K-On!

My Youtube page: link
Dec 3, 2012 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
tripmode1992 said:
I don't think there will be any anime that will have the same or greater impact in my life than K-On!

You didn't like the second season more than the first season?
Dec 3, 2012 7:20 PM

Oct 2011
whitesox123 said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Do I think Neon Genesis Evangelion will ever be topped? No.

Do I hope it will be? Why yes. That would be spectacular.
how bout that ending? lol

Fearless. Ambitious. Appropriate.

I've never had a problem with NGE's ending. I think it's fantastic and one of the best closings to a series to date.
Dec 3, 2012 7:21 PM

Apr 2012
I think this is someone of an unfair question. Purely on the bases of bias
<!--link--><a href="http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Otakugunner/">
Dec 3, 2012 7:24 PM
Dec 2012
Every anime that I watched is #1 to me, because I don't want anime that I don't like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2012 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
Kriz-4 said:
Every anime that I watched is #1 to me, because I don't want anime that I don't like.

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat
Dec 3, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2012
Who knows.

Hopefully it will be topped.

I'd be sad if I've already seen the best that the anime industry has, or ever will produce.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Dec 3, 2012 7:29 PM

Nov 2012
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 7:31 PM

Oct 2011
Goryo said:
Who knows.

Hopefully it will be topped.

I'd be sad if I've already seen the best that the anime industry has, or ever will produce.

Precisely what I said. I hope someday something can come along and make make me feel the way NGE did back in the day. Then again, back then I was much more malleable. I might break now if something that catastrophic came out of nowhere.
Dec 3, 2012 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
no_good_name said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha

Naruto can never be topped! I'm with you Kriz-4 ! Heart and soul !! Yeah !! Why not !! Let them be the best animes that can never be topped in the history of existence ! There you go!

... Please..Tell me you're on prozac or I'll go shoot myself.
Dec 3, 2012 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
no_good_name said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha

Naruto can never be topped! I'm with you Kriz-4 ! Heart and soul !! Yeah !! Why not !! Let them be the best animes that can never be topped in the history of existence ! There you go!

Who?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
no_good_name said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha

Dec 3, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2012
Sacrophagus said:
Sacrophagus said:
no_good_name said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha

ah i see (i blame the weather and the french if there are no french on MAL at the moment, if there is any french online i'll just blame the weather)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 3, 2012 7:43 PM

Aug 2012
I really hope that it will be, but I think as I watch more and more anime my standards get higher and I'm more critical towards it and as time increases my love for After Story only seems to increase. I really wish it would be, but the way things are I think it's unlikely, it'll probably end up remaning number 1 because of its nostalgia soon enough.
Dec 3, 2012 7:45 PM

Aug 2012
Neane1993 said:
tripmode1992 said:

You didn't like the second season more than the first season?

I also liked the second season, maybe the same level as the first. It's just that I only picked one of them to put on my favorites list. I didn't put the two of them to have more room for others.

My Youtube page: link
Dec 3, 2012 7:46 PM

Nov 2012
no_good_name said:
Sacrophagus said:
Sacrophagus said:
no_good_name said:
DEMOLITION_D said:
Kriz-4 said:

>Naruto
>One Piece
>Fairy Tail

I just... I... wat

seconded haha

ah i see (i blame the weather and the french if there are no french on MAL at the moment, if there is any french online i'll just blame the weather)

Je suis français NOT XD So blame the weather.
Dec 3, 2012 7:49 PM

Nov 2011
Yes. Definitely.
The Art of Eight
Dec 3, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
Nothing will Break Hajime No Ippo,There is not much sports anime these days anime anyway exxept for Some Soccer stuff :( im really hoping for something exxiting in the future.
Dec 3, 2012 9:59 PM

Aug 2012
I haven't seen enough anime to say for certain that my top anime won't be topped. In fact there is a pretty good chance that it will be as there are tons of anime I haven't seen yet. Berserk is pretty god damn good though.
Dec 3, 2012 10:34 PM

Jun 2012
Death Note may have been my favorite for quite some time now, but I'm sure some day, I'll be watching a series and think shit.. This show is even better than Death Note.
Said no one ever.
Dec 3, 2012 11:24 PM

Feb 2012
It would have to be something that speaks to my soul, is heart-warming, suspenseful, makes my imagination take flight, funny, and just purely obsessive.

In other words, it would have to be pretty special to top my Natsume Yuujinchou.

I just relate to the mc so much. Heck, sometime I use it for therapy lol. It's possible, but I don't expect it.

On a different note, I don't think someone who hasn't watched many anime can justifiably say that they don't expect theirs to be topped. Unless you have branched out, and tried the best of all the genres, unless you have tried the "popular" ones and the cult favorites that you have a snowballs chance of liking, you really can't be sure.
sisgoodDec 3, 2012 11:36 PM
Dec 4, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Probably but I think only 2 or 1 out of 10 anime can top my Clannad/After Story for me. And I really doubt that they could even past Higurashi/Kai.
TennoujiDec 4, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 4, 2012 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
Top Redline?

Never.

Nothing will ever be that pretty and plain-fucking-awesome again.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 4, 2012 3:41 PM

Sep 2010
Something top Code Geass R1? Maybe one day. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 4, 2012 3:43 PM

Feb 2005
Anything topping LoGH is about as likely as everything in the universe spontaneously combusting into liquid cheese.
Dec 4, 2012 3:45 PM

Dec 2012
I think yes. Anime will never stop to improve. There will be even better animes in the future.
"Excuse, soko no Person-gata. Me no Library ni What goyou de?" - Jibril

"My curry asked me to buy ingredients to make mother" - Kudou Mirei
Dec 4, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2012
Nope, not in a million years.
Dec 4, 2012 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
FirstAidTent said:
Anime will never stop to improve.

That's the way it's looking these days.
Studios are constantly churning out "good enough" anime to keep up with demand and make a quick buck, never slowing down to make something really great.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Dec 4, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
Negative-Travis said:
FirstAidTent said:
Anime will never stop to improve.

That's the way it's looking these days.
Studios are constantly churning out "good enough" anime to keep up with demand and make a quick buck, never slowing down to make something really great.
I'm sorry but it has always been like that, not just in anime but for everything, The only difference is that we are living in the time now so we cant ignore it, all the sad attempts, rip offs, and only good enough shows made only to get a quick buck from the past ar eout of site only because the passage of time has buried them from our sight. Same goes for games movies and all that.

Cause if anyone thinks anime now a days cant produce something really great then i doubt you watched these 2 shows
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12531/Sakamichi_no_Apollon
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei

Also we shoudl take into account the power of the internet, things haven't gotten much worse then there ever has but witht he power of the internet its easier to find and something horrible can reach insane popularity form how bad it was, take for example that song double trouble which was made as a joke to be bad, it ended up because of the internet getting spotlighted and millions of views, if this were the 80's it wouldnt have ever been heard or seen. Same thing with anime for example mars of destruction, that would have never of been as well known(at least here) as it would have been without the internet,
JizzyHitlerDec 4, 2012 5:28 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 4, 2012 8:25 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I don't think anything will ever top Code Geass for me. It was the 7th anime I ever completed and I'm now up over 100 completed. Nothing has really come close. Clannad After Story is the only thing that is relatively close.

My top 5 and top 10 will definitely change. I regularly churn the bottom portion of my top 10 with new gems.
Dec 4, 2012 8:56 PM

Mar 2010
Probably, yes. It would have to be amazing to top Code Geass and Higurashi though.
Dec 4, 2012 9:03 PM
Oct 2012
to top One Piece, Major, and Clannad probaly not but everything else in my top 10 does get switched around every now and then
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 13 minutes ago

5 by BitChilly »»
43 seconds ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

62 by BlueBullet178 »»
7 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

23 by _ATG_ »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 2 hours ago

6 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9050 by Kenny_Stryker »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.