Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Yearly Light Novel Rankings for Fiscal 2012

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 3, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
*6, *,686,467 Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament

not too bad
Dec 3, 2012 10:00 AM

Feb 2010
Are there chances that Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou is gonna get an adaption anytime soon?
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 3, 2012 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Looking at a lot of these, it seems that the anime version of even the best selling light novels were butchered.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Dec 3, 2012 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Are there chances that Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou is gonna get an adaption anytime soon?
I think there is a live action TV show announced.
Dec 3, 2012 12:28 PM
Nov 2010
dtshyk said:

*3, 1,033,906 Accel World

fabulous
Dec 3, 2012 2:17 PM

Feb 2010
Shih said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I was afraid of that, thanks. The best stuff doesn't get anime :(
Dec 3, 2012 2:32 PM

Apr 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Shih said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

The thing is that mainstream audiences aren't really interested in anime... its viewed as a kids/nerd thing. So when more mainstream manga/novels get adaptions, its often times in the live action format.

If only more people over here realized that anime is aimed at the otaku market, and not the mainstream...

Dec 3, 2012 2:55 PM

Feb 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Shih said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

The thing is that mainstream audiences aren't really interested in anime... its viewed as a kids/nerd thing. So when more mainstream manga/novels get adaptions, its often times in the live action format.

If only more people over here realized that anime is aimed at the otaku market, and not the mainstream...

I realize it, that's why I'm not surprised. I'm just saying it's a shame. And it's not like there aren't still mainstream-aimed anime outside the midnight slots. Uchuu Kyoudai for example could have as well just been Live-action, but gladly it didn't turn out like that. So it's not 100% sure that stuff like Biblia Koshodou and similar titles wouldn't get an anime. Chances are slim, but there's always hope and I just expressed my regret when it was finally crushed.
Dec 3, 2012 3:06 PM

Sep 2011
wut...

*1, 2,764,454 Sword Art Online

O_O
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Dec 3, 2012 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Uchuu Kyoudai for example could have as well just been Live-action, but gladly it didn't turn out like that.
Well, Uchuu Kyoudai indeed got a live-action adaptation - as a movie that was released in June this year. As a matter of fact, there were questions raised when the anime was announced whether it should be a live-action series instead.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 3, 2012 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
RyanSaotome said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Shih said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Are you serious? I thought anime was very common in Japan, much more than in the west. :/

Don't tell me it's the same about manga...
Critic.
Dec 3, 2012 3:54 PM

Jun 2010
Yea SAO baby. FTW Love the novels and I am currently up to the point after where the anime will end.
Dec 3, 2012 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
The second top selling novel actually sounds really cool.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Dec 3, 2012 10:25 PM

Jun 2010
I am not surprised by number 1.
Dec 4, 2012 12:51 AM

Apr 2011
Kawahara sure is pleased with his 2 novels selling so well :'D

I am so interested in Biblia.There is a manga adaption of the novel,since I read the first chapter almost 2 months ago,but I can't find chapter 2 :'(
I would prefer to read the novel more of course.
Dec 4, 2012 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
dtshyk said:

14, *,411,380 Kokoro Connect

It's nice to see Kokoro Connect doing well.

I'm loving the anime so far.
Critic.
Dec 4, 2012 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
^ You are also a fan of Boku H ! Many fans of the LN don't like the anime though. Wonder if it is the same case for you?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 4, 2012 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
It is possible that if you buy a novel a few months before the anime starts but after the announcement there will be "anime coming" bands on it, so even though I saw those "anime coming" bands round those LNs in the pic I was not sure you bought the novels before you saw the anime or the other way round.

What I read from fans comment is that the anime changed a lot from the anime particularly for the ending and many do not like that. That's why I was curious about what you think in case you had read the LN when you watched the anime.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
44 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
50 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.