Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you consider your guilty pleasure?

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Dec 2, 2012 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 311
whitesox123 said:
Guilty Crown..lol get it

Aaah, I see what you did there.
 
Dec 2, 2012 7:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 545
whitesox123 said:
Guilty Crown..lol get it
haha
 
Dec 2, 2012 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 545
Probably Princess Tutu and Full Moon. Most people on MAL seem to love them, but I would never let anyone in real life know that I enjoyed them immensely :3
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
Guilty Crown, I dont care how flawed it is, it was freaking awesome in my opinion.
Oh, and SAO, yeah its bad but still really enjoyable.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
QuiGonJon said:
Guilty Crown, I dont care how flawed it is, it was freaking awesome in my opinion.
Oh, and SAO, yeah its bad but still really enjoyable.
totally agree with u except the ending kind of sucked
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5215
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Lucky Star is the guilty pleasure for me. Sure, I rant a lot about how boring it is but I watch this show all the fucking time. I mentioned on another thread that I was willing to buy the $400 blu-ray boxset import and I wasn't lying when I said that. It's probably my least favourite Kyoani work but I still love it.


Its my bible, azumanga daioh is the only thing that rates higher for me.
That's pretty much how I feel towards K-On. Of all my favourites, The K-On Movie is at number 2 and the Haruhi Movie is at number 1
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
SquadmemberRitsu said:
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Lucky Star is the guilty pleasure for me. Sure, I rant a lot about how boring it is but I watch this show all the fucking time. I mentioned on another thread that I was willing to buy the $400 blu-ray boxset import and I wasn't lying when I said that. It's probably my least favourite Kyoani work but I still love it.


Its my bible, azumanga daioh is the only thing that rates higher for me.
That's pretty much how I feel towards K-On. Of all my favourites, The K-On Movie is at number 2 and the Haruhi Movie is at number 1

I did enjoy k-on (is it even safe to say that around here) i still have to watch season 2 and the movie, they are just waiting for me in a file.
Ive seen everything haruhi related (enjoyed the lot)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 7854
No idea if it counts, but maybe Ergo Proxy.
Some may say it was utterly confusing and a waste of time with characters you could care less for. To an extent, I agree, but at the same time, I loved the 'challenge' of trying to understand it. Especially loved the hidden references/allusions embedded in the show.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 5215
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Lucky Star is the guilty pleasure for me. Sure, I rant a lot about how boring it is but I watch this show all the fucking time. I mentioned on another thread that I was willing to buy the $400 blu-ray boxset import and I wasn't lying when I said that. It's probably my least favourite Kyoani work but I still love it.


Its my bible, azumanga daioh is the only thing that rates higher for me.
That's pretty much how I feel towards K-On. Of all my favourites, The K-On Movie is at number 2 and the Haruhi Movie is at number 1

I did enjoy k-on (is it even safe to say that around here) i still have to watch season 2 and the movie, they are just waiting for me in a file.
Ive seen everything haruhi related (enjoyed the lot)
Season 2 and the movie is the reason why I put the show in such high regard. I suggest watching them as soon as possible
 
Dec 2, 2012 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
SquadmemberRitsu said:
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
no_good_name said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Lucky Star is the guilty pleasure for me. Sure, I rant a lot about how boring it is but I watch this show all the fucking time. I mentioned on another thread that I was willing to buy the $400 blu-ray boxset import and I wasn't lying when I said that. It's probably my least favourite Kyoani work but I still love it.


Its my bible, azumanga daioh is the only thing that rates higher for me.
That's pretty much how I feel towards K-On. Of all my favourites, The K-On Movie is at number 2 and the Haruhi Movie is at number 1

I did enjoy k-on (is it even safe to say that around here) i still have to watch season 2 and the movie, they are just waiting for me in a file.
Ive seen everything haruhi related (enjoyed the lot)
Season 2 and the movie is the reason why I put the show in such high regard. I suggest watching them as soon as possible


Ill watch it this weekend, i was going to watch Zero no Tsukaima but i guess i can push it back (again)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 16, 2012 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 36
High School of the Dead, it alright at best, but for some reason I really enjoyed it
 
Dec 16, 2012 6:46 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
IzConspiracy said:
High School of the Dead, it alright at best, but for some reason I really enjoyed it
this and gantz.
 
Dec 16, 2012 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
My only guilty pleasures are anime where the main is a bad guy or does something considered wrong. Golgo 13 where he's a hitman, Lupin III where he steals things, etc.
 
Dec 16, 2012 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 126
Definitely Kiss X Sis and Sekirei, all that "love"
 
Dec 16, 2012 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 9983
Is liking a series anything to feel guilty about, even if it is bad?

People tell me a true guilty pleasure would be something like strangling babies, which is just stupid.

I don't feel guilty at all
 
Dec 16, 2012 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
InfiniteRyvius said:
Is liking a series anything to feel guilty about, even if it is bad?

People tell me a true guilty pleasure would be something like strangling babies, which is just stupid.

I don't feel guilty at all


Its just a saying, its like a person on a diet sneaking a chocolate biscuit.
Its been on alot of bad ads.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 16, 2012 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 135
Sword Art Online - Everyone talks about how shit it is, but I really enjoyed it so far.

Girls! Bravo - Trash Herem, but the fan service is just so good.

Edit:

Kiss X Sis is pretty hilarious, too.
 
Dec 16, 2012 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 348
Strawberry Panic!

I love it to bits despite that it's rather mediocre.
 
Dec 16, 2012 8:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3713
Kodomo no Jikan, Ro Kyu Bu, pretty much anything involving a loli in a compromising situation is a guilty pleasure anime of mine lol.


 
Dec 16, 2012 9:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
Riptos said:
Kodomo no Jikan, Ro Kyu Bu, pretty much anything involving a loli in a compromising situation is a guilty pleasure anime of mine lol.


It depends on if it makes you want to fap.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 16, 2012 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 43
I think for me it would be (in no specific order)....

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Bakemonogatari
and High School of the Dead

I cant think of any others off the top of my head.
I do love how Sena and Yozora clash all the time in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Cracks me up when Yozora likens Sena to meat.
 
Dec 16, 2012 9:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
glenn177 said:
I think for me it would be (in no specific order)....

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Bakemonogatari
and High School of the Dead

I cant think of any others off the top of my head.
I do love how Sena and Yozora clash all the time in Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. Cracks me up when Yozora likens Sena to meat.


Yozora on the phone in front of sena was the best episode, she dropped the word meet so many times.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 16, 2012 9:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1062
Hoshi no Kaabii, and to a lesser extent, the dub of Ghost Stories. Although I don't watch Ghost Stories that much because I'd usually just watch South Park instead to almost the same effect.
 
Dec 16, 2012 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1648
R-15
 
Dec 16, 2012 10:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1336
MetaKlonoa said:
Hoshi no Kaabii, and to a lesser extent, the dub of Ghost Stories. Although I don't watch Ghost Stories that much because I'd usually just watch South Park instead to almost the same effect.


guilty pleasure.
LOL if all the anime ive ever watched, if i was to show 1 and only 1 to someone i was trying to convince to watch anime, it would probably be that
 
Dec 16, 2012 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 22
HOTD and Mirai Nikki
 
Dec 16, 2012 10:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 72
glenn177 said:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Bakemonogatari


Those, plus Nisemonogatari
 
Dec 16, 2012 10:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1764
Senki Zesshou Symphogear is my biggest guilty pleasure, it is such a hilariously terrible show.

Strike Witches also qualifies, shameless fanservice with fun character interactions.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
 
Dec 16, 2012 10:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 337
Lucky Star
Smile Precure
Ikka Musume
Any moe show
 
Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 292
Sword art online: Its by far not a top tier anime, but its no way atrocious as many are putting it.
 
Dec 16, 2012 11:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 348
magmalord said:
Lucky Star
Smile Precure
Ikka Musume
Any moe show


What makes these "guilty pleasure" to you? Or anyone for that matter as Lucky Star has shown up more than once.
 
Dec 16, 2012 11:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4588
Amarae said:
magmalord said:
Lucky Star
Smile Precure
Ikka Musume
Any moe show


What makes these "guilty pleasure" to you? Or anyone for that matter as Lucky Star has shown up more than once.


I think it comes down to people being embarrassed that they like such cute moe shows.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Dec 16, 2012 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3713
no_good_name said:
Riptos said:
Kodomo no Jikan, Ro Kyu Bu, pretty much anything involving a loli in a compromising situation is a guilty pleasure anime of mine lol.


It depends on if it makes you want to fap.


Nah it doesnt. I haven't ever really considered doing that to anime in general, not even Hentai to be honest.

Just love them lolis I guess lol.


 
Dec 16, 2012 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 200
K-on and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Basically moe stuff :|
 
Dec 16, 2012 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 348
no_good_name said:
Amarae said:
magmalord said:
Lucky Star
Smile Precure
Ikka Musume
Any moe show


What makes these "guilty pleasure" to you? Or anyone for that matter as Lucky Star has shown up more than once.


I think it comes down to people being embarrassed that they like such cute moe shows.
I understand that. I was always worried to watch anime without headphones in my house thinking my family would consider me odd for it.

Of course I realized my family thinks me odd regardless and I have not had such inhibitions for quite some time.
 
Dec 17, 2012 1:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11
Can't really say I have any "guilty pleasures". If a show entertained me or emotionally touched me on some level, it succeeded in its job. I like what I like, and there's no getting around that. There's no objective way of measuring story quality, so it basically comes down to whether my opinion agrees with the majority.

If I HAD to choose one though, I might pick Guilty Crown. It had flaws, but it wasn't nearly as bad as so many made it out to be.
 
Dec 17, 2012 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 808
btooom
 
Dec 17, 2012 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 551
K-On!

It doesn't have much of a storyline and isn't even really funny but I couldn't help watching it, it's too moe...
 
Dec 17, 2012 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 35
Hasn't anyone watched Dokuro-chan? That is some stupid shit, but so awesome
 
Dec 17, 2012 6:21 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 311
Nana to Kaoru .
 
Dec 17, 2012 7:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 562
I know a lot of you here hate this series and despise the fans/fandom, but...

Watched it since I was a kid, always stuck on me since then.
 
Dec 18, 2012 1:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2026
Ouran Highschool Host Club
There's barely anything but yet it's so damn awesome.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
 
Dec 18, 2012 4:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 46
The dubbed version of G Gundam. I hate dubs and G Gundam is such a low quality show, but every time Domon Kasshu begins his monologue and ends it with "SHINING FINGER" I can't help but like it.
 
Dec 18, 2012 4:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 305
Chrome Shelled Regios..
 
Dec 18, 2012 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 273
kono naka ni hitori, imouto ga iru
 
Dec 18, 2012 5:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 4833
sao kinda since im still watching it?
 
Dec 18, 2012 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5251
vampire knight. i disliked it, watched it anyway, and now i need more
 
Jan 19, 2013 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1920
To Love-Ru
 
Jan 19, 2013 11:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 255
Shrabster said:
As in, a bad series you can't help but love.

Example- The show has some big flaws, it's mostly disliked, or it's just outright bad but you still like it for whatever reason.

Mine are -

Rosario Vampire. This show isn't bad for a harem/ ecchi, but it obviously isn't going to win an award for best writing any time soon (though maybe it will win one for the most panty shots). I still thoroughly enjoyed it due to the fun characters and art style, lots of vibrant colors and knee sock- er- character design with some pretty solid animation to top it off.

Ga-Rei-Zero. This show isn't bad in general, just poorly executed in a lot of areas and it could've been better overall. I like it for the tragic storyline elements and cheesy drama and the bonds that Yomi and Kagura share is touching. Shut up, I thought it was touching ;_;

Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing isn't bad at all, but it does have some noticeable flaws such as a lot of reused animations, at times stiff voice acting, and a lack of a back story for the main characters. This show gets a lot of heat from Gundam fans for being overrated, while I can see where that comes from I think it's mostly just bitterness that Gundamn Wing was the first Gundam series to get popular with the Western audience, not to mention the yaoi fangirls. I'm a big fan of Gundam Wing because I have fond memories of it from Toonami and love all the cheesy dialogue, over the top fight scenes, and the characters are really likeable.

What are some of yours? Make sure you post why it's a guilty pleasure and why you still like it or rate it higher then most.


Rosario + Vampire is the one :3
 
Jan 19, 2013 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 8334
THIS
IntelligentPerson said:
You can block their mac address
OtherPerson said:
Mac? But I'm on Windows.
 
Top
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »