Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you consider your guilty pleasure?

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Jan 27, 2013 3:41 AM

- Guilty Crown
- Sword Art Online

Jan 27, 2013 5:05 AM

Perhaps I gotta agree about "Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" being considered as guilty pleasure. I didn't care that much about its male protagonist being tsundere, also I didn't care about how the author turned Lovecraft monstrosities into cute girls (and a trap), I still enjoy it very much from its mouth-cracking comedy. Even monstrosities becomes moe, what kind of era is this?

And speaking of SAO, I do enjoy watching this one from start to finish, though I know how overrated this show is. Still, I dare NOT putting SAO in my Top 5 Anime List, even at Top 10 (if it does exist).
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."

However, in Gundam, all life begins with Nu and ends with Hi-Nu. While in KanColle, all life begins with Nu and ends with Kinu.

Jan 27, 2013 5:48 AM

Pretty much every single ecchi, kampfer, kiss x sis, seikon no qwaser... could go on for another 30 anime but yea you get my point

Mar 25, 2013 1:08 AM

Highschool DxD
how i r8

1- crpy animee no gud
10- gud aniem, dep plot, lots of cute grls

Mar 25, 2013 1:19 AM

To Love-ru. The plot is, pretty much, non-existent, but there are tits. Tits and asses for everyone to enjoy, even if Rito is a pussy.

Mar 25, 2013 1:37 AM

Kiss X Sis definitely.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing

Mar 25, 2013 2:13 AM

Koe de Oshigoto!. The process of perverting an innocent teen girl, with vaginal orgasms obtained with finger blowjobs, and holographic penises. In concept it has to be one of the best shows of all time or something.

Mar 25, 2013 2:16 AM

jal90 said:
Koe de Oshigoto!. The process of perverting an innocent teen girl, with vaginal orgasms obtained with finger blowjobs, and holographic penises. In concept it has to be one of the best shows of all time or something.

Isn't that a hentai? I remember watching the first episode a while back, thinking it was a hentai.

Mar 25, 2013 2:27 AM

yhunata said:
jal90 said:

Isn't that a hentai? I remember watching the first episode a while back, thinking it was a hentai.

It's the closest I've ever seen, but for some reason it's not considered a hentai. Just an ecchi show with wonderfully explicit sexuality.

Mar 25, 2013 2:30 AM

jal90 said:
yhunata said:
jal90 said:

It's the closest I've ever seen, but for some reason it's not considered a hentai. Just an ecchi show with wonderfully explicit sexuality.

I didn't watch the second episode because I didn't think it would have much sexual activities (which is why I watch hentai), but now, I think I'm gonna watch it later.

Mar 25, 2013 2:39 AM

K-ON

I am a manly man. If my normie friends discovered that I not only watch K-ON, but absolutely adore it and drool over every little thing those cute mother fuckers do, they would be mortified.

Mar 25, 2013 5:42 AM

Kampfer

I really enjoyed this show, though mainly for the genderbending plot element. Its also fun to watch it as a sort of ironic parody of echii/harem magic battle shows like maken ki, and rossario.

Lucky Star

I can def see why people hate this show, but despite all its flaws which there are many, I just love the interactions between Kagamin and Konata.

Mar 25, 2013 7:40 AM

K-On! Never gets boring for me. I watch it whenever another anime depresses me to the point where I can't stop thinking about it.

DEMOLITION_D said:
K-ON

I am a manly man. If my normie friends discovered that I not only watch K-ON, but absolutely adore it and drool over every little thing those cute mother fuckers do, they would be mortified.

Lol I feel the same way

Apr 16, 2013 8:27 PM

Probably some of the Gundam shows, Especially Gundam Wing.

Apr 16, 2013 8:29 PM

Sekirei, Kiss X Sis, Aki-Sora, R+V

Apr 16, 2013 8:31 PM

jal90 said:

This was a nice reminder of how uh, interesting this medium is. Only in anime would something like this exist eh?
Modified by Shrabster, Apr 16, 2013 9:54 PM

Apr 16, 2013 9:39 PM

Yuri Yuri.
Something was just so adorable about that show.

Apr 17, 2013 12:21 AM

To Love Ru, Yosuga no Sora, and KissxSis

Apr 17, 2013 1:21 AM
Probably Pokemon, and Beyblade I get a serious kick out of some of the little kid animes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<3~HolliexKitten~<3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apr 17, 2013 6:30 AM

- Railgun2: show sucks but i'm giving it a chance to get better since i like the 2 main characters and it has pretty good action at times as well
- Oreimo 2: again, show sucks but i loved the 1st season
- Mushibugyo: show doesn't excel at anything but i dunno....theres something i like about it. not sure what it is though.

Apr 17, 2013 1:53 PM

Moe shit

Apr 17, 2013 1:59 PM

ninearts said:
- Railgun2: show sucks but i'm giving it a chance to get better since i like the 2 main characters and it has pretty good action at times as well

It's amusing how much nicer about it you were in that show's sub-forums.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 17, 2013 2:08 PM

insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:

its amusing that you'd say that. i'm a pros and cons kinda guy. if i point out a negative i try to point out a positive and vice versa to balance it out. so here i pointed out 2 positives with 1 negative while in tthe other thread i pointed out 3 negatives and 2 positives. which means i had nicer things to say here then i did their, amusing.

Apr 17, 2013 2:11 PM

ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:

its amusing that you'd say that. i'm a pros and cons kinda guy. if i point out a negative i try to point out a positive and vice versa to balance out. so here i pointed out 2 positives with 1 negative while in tthe other thread i pointed out 3 negatives and 2 positives. which means i had nicer things to say here then i did their, amusing.

I was talking about how you said the show "sucks". I'm pretty sure you didn't do the same in Railgun's sub-forum. Call me crazy, but when you use a word like that it just isn't particularly positive and kind of over shadows any good things you said about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 17, 2013 2:11 PM

#1 Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou (Demon King Daimo) - The be honest the show was not that great apart from really hilarious scenes and all the ecchi. however I got really invested with the characters and was honestly interested in the series and found myself wanting more but kept wondering why I enjoyed it so much.

#2 Mamotte! Lollipop (Save me Lollipop) This series was bad, like...just horrible to be honest. However I sadly got attached to the characters and backstories and became invested in the romance aspect of this wondering what the outcome would be. No season 2 though (what a shock -_-*) so not like I can find out what happened unless I wanna read the manga, and even then I have no idea if it has an ending.

Apr 17, 2013 2:19 PM

insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:

its amusing that you'd say that. i'm a pros and cons kinda guy. if i point out a negative i try to point out a positive and vice versa to balance out. so here i pointed out 2 positives with 1 negative while in tthe other thread i pointed out 3 negatives and 2 positives. which means i had nicer things to say here then i did their, amusing.

I was talking about how you said the show "sucks". I'm pretty sure you didn't do the same in Railgun's sub-forum. Call me crazy, but when you use a word like that it just isn't particularly positive and kind of over shadows any good things you said about it.

the other thread was a discussion thread, so simply saying "the show sucks" would be counter productive to the purpose of that particular thread. so it would be wiser to explain why the show sucks, which is what i did. this thread, however isn't about the show, it's simply about discussing what shows are you guilty pleasuers so theres no use in beating around the bush.

and nah, of course not. saying a show sucks is never positive, but thats kinda the purpose of this thread. what shows are your "guilty" pleasures. if i had nothing but sweet things to say about the show i wouldn't list it as a guilty pleasure.

Apr 17, 2013 2:26 PM

ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:
ninearts said:

the other thread was a discussion thread, so simply saying "the show sucks" would be counter productive to the purpose of that particular thread. so it would be wiser to explain why the show sucks, which is what i did. this thread, however isn't about the show, it's simply about discussing what shows are you guilty pleasuers so theres no use in beating around the bush.

and nah, of course not. saying a show sucks is never positive, but thats kinda the purpose of this thread. what shows are your "guilty" pleasures. if i had nothing but sweet things to say about the show i wouldn't list it as a guilty pleasure.

Oh, I see. That's understandable then. I still would hesitate to say a show sucks based on just one episode, but I see where you are coming from.

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 17, 2013 2:37 PM

insan3soldiern said:

Oh, I see. That's understandable then. I still would hesitate to say a show sucks based on just one episode, but I see where you are coming from.

fair point. so here's the correction: the show may not suck, just the 1st episode. and actually, after going back and finishing that episode it's more like i didn't like half of episode 1 to be honest.

but yeah, it just needs a plot and direction which is why i'd still consider it a guilty pleasure as opposed to: "lol, shit anime" or something like that, ya know?

Apr 17, 2013 2:43 PM

Sailor Moon and a bunch of other magical girl series.

Apr 17, 2013 2:55 PM

ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:

fair point. so here's the correction: the show may not suck, just the 1st episode. and actually, after going back and finishing that episode it's more like i didn't like half of episode 1 to be honest.

but yeah, it just needs a plot and direction which is why i'd still consider it a guilty pleasure as opposed to: "lol, shit anime" or something like that, ya know?

Well, I think plot isn't always necessary. I mean I like Slice of Life series quite a lot, but I'd never consider any of them (off the top of my head, anyway) a guilty pleasure. That said, from what I've heard about the upcoming arcs, Railgun should indeed be plot heavy. But, we'll see how it goes.

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 17, 2013 3:06 PM

Anime intended for kids is usually at the top of my thoughts when it comes to threads like this. Digimon, Petite Princess Yucie, and Yugioh!

Yami no Matsuei/Descendants of Darkness- the manga is brilliant, but the anime is just lulzy.

Weiss Kreuz/Knight Hunters- the anime is awful. The art is awful. The story is awful, and the music is ridiculously cheesy. The only good things about the show are its Japanese VA line up (Seki Tomokazu, Koyasu Takehito, Shinichiro Miki, Hiro Yuuki) and its English outtakes.

Apr 17, 2013 3:17 PM

Kiss x Sis
Sora No Otoshimono
Highschool DxD

basically any ecchi anime. I know most of them have nothing to offer but boobs, but sometimes boobs is all u need.
Modified by BTBAM, Apr 17, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 17, 2013 5:23 PM

insan3soldiern said:

Well, I think plot isn't always necessary. I mean I like Slice of Life series quite a lot, but I'd never consider any of them (off the top of my head, anyway) a guilty pleasure. That said, from what I've heard about the upcoming arcs, Railgun should indeed be plot heavy. But, we'll see how it goes.

hmm.. i hear ya but i'd have to disagree to be honest, imo plots always necessary. i dont think story is always necessary because i do enjoy plenty slice of life animes without them: Usagi Drop, Minami-ke, Sunred etc. etc.

but though those animes don't necesarilly have a story, as in an overaching goal that the characters are working towards acheving, they all have plot because without plot you can't have drama. and without drama, the shows not gonna work unless its just super hilarious and even then if its just a bunch of random scenes (albeit funny) the show will most likely get monontinous, or atleast for me.

but yeah, i hear ya. after fnishing the episode, i'm looking forward to them digger deeper. because for me, the main draw of the show (aside from misaka and kuroko) is the world they've set up. its so interesting that it would just be a waste not to explore it imo. hell, even the relationship between her and touma is worth exploring to me.

Apr 17, 2013 7:24 PM

ninearts said:
insan3soldiern said:

hmm.. i hear ya but i'd have to disagree to be honest, imo plots always necessary. i dont think story is always necessary because i do enjoy plenty slice of life animes without them: Usagi Drop, Minami-ke, Sunred etc. etc.

but though those animes don't necesarilly have a story, as in an overaching goal that the characters are working towards acheving, they all have plot because without plot you can't have drama. and without drama, the shows not gonna work unless its just super hilarious and even then if its just a bunch of random scenes (albeit funny) the show will most likely get monontinous, or atleast for me.

but yeah, i hear ya. after fnishing the episode, i'm looking forward to them digger deeper. because for me, the main draw of the show (aside from misaka and kuroko) is the world they've set up. its so interesting that it would just be a waste not to explore it imo. hell, even the relationship between her and touma is worth exploring to me.

I wanted to see more between Last Order and Accelerator, Those few episodes in Toaru Majutsu no Index (A certain Magical Index) were my favorite. Considering I didn't care for much of that show other than that. It felt like they just had such small stories and just piled them on so I felt it was shifting way to quick. Railgun looks more promising though so i'll be picking it up soon regardless

Apr 17, 2013 9:10 PM

sasami-san@ganbaranai - It's just weird and probs un-likeable by many people but its unique in so many ways therefor I like it!.

K-on, I just absolutely love it, friends think I've turned into a girl after watching it and lovin it so much.

Apr 17, 2013 10:22 PM

It's funny how I noticed just now while writting this post but I watch animes that somehow I find myself in it or how things I wanted to go for me.
For instance,Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - I'm very much similar to Yozora with a spice of Kodaka.
And as for how things I wanted to go for me - Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.
If I watch an anime and I dont find any of these I simply get bored of it and stop watching it.So it's hard for me to find a guilty pleasure in an anime.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me

Apr 17, 2013 10:40 PM

Tavor said:
No idea if it counts, but maybe Ergo Proxy.
Some may say it was utterly confusing and a waste of time with characters you could care less for. To an extent, I agree, but at the same time, I loved the 'challenge' of trying to understand it. Especially loved the hidden references/allusions embedded in the show.

2deep4them

Apr 18, 2013 12:17 AM

Arata the Legend - kinda weak, but those bishies...

UtaPri - I want to dislike it, but it's just... I can't. It's terrible in many ways but... -_-

OreGairu - I usually get bored & talk shit of these kind of shows, but I liked this one...
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!

Apr 18, 2013 12:45 AM

I find super over the top fanservice anime (Queen's Blade, Seikon no Qwaser, Manyuu Hikenchou, etc...) to be hysterical. Would never place them in my lists of favorite anime, but I still enjoy watching them.

Other end of the spectrum are things like Precure and Milky Holmes.
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

Apr 18, 2013 3:39 AM
Kiss x Sis
Strawberry Panic
Maria-sama ga Miteru

Apr 18, 2013 3:40 AM

Aki Sora and Sword Art Online

Apr 21, 2013 4:17 PM

Oreimo was probably my first.

Currently I'd say Yuyushiki. Don't normally dig those kinds shows when featuring the main 3 as girls, especially all cutesylike, but I find this funny!

Apr 21, 2013 4:18 PM

Uta no Prince-sama.

Hurts so good.

Apr 21, 2013 4:36 PM

Highschool of the Dead

Apr 21, 2013 4:39 PM
Nazo no Kanojo X

Apr 21, 2013 6:48 PM
Bleach. There's sooo many terrible things about it, but I find it entertaining anyway. XD

Apr 21, 2013 8:42 PM

Henneko.

Apr 21, 2013 8:44 PM

I think Hunter x Hunter is my guilty pleasure. You can't imagine how much I love every single character on this anime, so yeah.

Apr 21, 2013 9:05 PM

gissellebatista1 said:
I think Hunter x Hunter is my guilty pleasure. You can't imagine how much I love every single character on this anime, so yeah.

I have no idea why liking Hunter X Hunter is something to feel guilty about....

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 21, 2013 9:10 PM

Number17 said:
Nazo no Kanojo X

Despite the drool oddness, it's a very good decent show.

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »