Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 57 Discussion

Mar 4, 2016 4:39 AM

strangebrew said:
I just figured something, when pakunoda touches killua and gon, shouldn't she also learn about the fact that hisoka has been helping kurapika?

Not really cause it depends on the question she asks...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Apr 15, 2016 5:47 PM

Phinks: The two hostages put up a struggle, and we had to break a few bones. smiles

Kurapika: Then we're done negotiating. hangs up

LMAOO xDD

May 5, 2016 1:01 PM

Mr_Shnb said:
Phinks: The two hostages put up a struggle, and we had to break a few bones. smiles

Kurapika: Then we're done negotiating. hangs up

LMAOO xDD

Lolol and then he calls him back, "I was just joking"

Oct 4, 2016 6:42 AM

What was that song on the radio at the hotel?

Oct 9, 2016 11:24 PM

This episode reminded me of Death Note so much with all of that deep theming and planning...

Oct 14, 2016 12:43 AM

@Hinata Chronological order.

They played the 1st ED again.

Holy shit! DAT BLACKOUT SCENE!

Killua almost earned back the right to be called Killer again.

DAT ASS!

Hold up. If Machi can use her muscles like that to prevent Killua from escaping...imagine the possibilities down below. :)

LMAO at Kurapika hanging up on Phinks and then Phinks calling back.

I find it funny how they're discussing this so loudly with other people there.

Shizuku looking perfect as always.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jun 29, 2017 6:05 PM

I'm bothered by one thing, don't they look suspicious in that hotel with those clothes and holding 2 kids as hostages it feels really weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2, 2017 8:20 PM

Haha, disappointed Feitan for not being allowed to hear the convo & Phinks lying to Kurapika, too funny.

Nov 29, 2017 10:58 AM

Y'know, I ALMOST feel sorry for the big nosed monkey Pakunoda just bc she's so loyal to the boss lol. But I have to remember she's on the bad side and needs to die lulz

When Phinks got smacked on the head by Nobu and Machi-- LMFAO
That's whatchu get for bullshitting around, you hoe XD

I really liked Leorio during his scene tho C: you played a koo' role for once heheh even though he was just being an angry businessman lol

Jan 6, 2018 3:39 AM

That resistance Killu and Gon put up + the intricate yet flexible plan that they've all managed to do makes me shiver with awe and excitement!

Too bad we did not get to see Leorio's epic thug-face like in the 1999 version...

OwO

Jan 6, 2018 3:40 AM

YugureShadowmore said:
What was that song on the radio at the hotel?

That was the first ending song
OwO

Aug 14, 2018 2:25 AM

damn all the predictions are coming true one by one… this is just too good

Nov 9, 2018 9:31 AM

So I just hit this episode on my rewatch, and yeah, this one and maybe the one before were the episodes that established the Yorknew City arc as one of my favorites. We got A LOT of awesome stuff before in this arc, but the intense mindgames of this part of the arc reminded me a lot of Death Note for example (which I also loved), except maybe this is even cooler than that. Because we care for ALL the characters involved (the "good" ones and the "bad" ones), and the situation is complex yet not too complicated, because all the pieces have been set up in advance. And even though Gon and Killua pretty much take a backseat in this scenario, they are still used brilliantly as characters and their presence is not shoehorned in at all.

Hunter x Hunter is excellent at making characters feel real instead of flat, even if they never actually get a whole lot of direct characterization. There is a certain depth to almost everyone, even if it's only hinted at. This episode was also the beginning of me loving Pakunoda. She's my favorite of the Phantom Troupe I think (if we don't count Hisoka that is, because honestly who can even resist that pedo clown at this point?). I like how the situation is still entirely unpredictable at this point and could develop in a lot of different ways.

I am so excited to see the next few episodes! I kinda forgot exactly what happened, but I remember loving this arc a lot. I think the one thing putting this a little bit over the Chimera Ant arc for me is also the fact that it wastes little time and has non-stop action. Plus I like the city setting a lot, visually speaking. And honestly, Pakunoda is kind of "ugly hot". Her face is not conventionally attractive, but she knows her make-up and DAMN that cleavage, yo. I'd choose her over the other female members any time.

This bunch of episodes is one of the reasons why I gave Hunter x Hunter a 9/10. Pure awesomeness!

Dec 27, 2018 9:19 AM

Oh shit that was an epic yet risky plan and boy that ending! Looking forwards to see what's next.

Oct 12, 6:35 PM

Machi and Nobunaga bonking Phinks for screwing up the first phone call was hilarious~ It's also surprising to see how normal-looking half of them were way back when they formed the Troupe at Meteor City.

The Spider's Legs are currently arguing on whether to follow the will of the Deathbringer to preserve the Head or to chop it off to kill the threatener at their boss' expense. The infighting is real but it's very likely that they'll really end up following Pakunoda to the airport.

Dec 9, 3:31 PM

Looks like a double blackmail

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]