Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Project Attack' Announced

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
#1
Dec 1, 2012 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384

Pony Canyon announced an original TV anime "Project Attack" on December 2nd. Details of the anime will be revealed at a press conference to be held on December 8th.

Staff
Director: Araki Tetsuro
Series Composition: Kobayashi Yasuko
Character Design: Asano Kyoji
Production Studio: WIT Studio (A branch of I.G Port)

Official website: http://project-attack.com/

Source: Yaraon!

Story by [profile=symbv]symbv[/profile]
Modified by sevenPocky, Jun 20, 2017 12:10 AM
 
#2
Dec 1, 2012 4:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 149
I wonder what the characters would look like...
 
#3
Dec 1, 2012 4:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Well, that director is kinda good. I just hope the plot makes justice. We can have some good action series coming.





...You know, I'm judging this is an action series just because of that flames BG in the official site... lol
And yeah, action scenes in Guilty Crown and HOTD were pretyy good, of course.
Modified by Miyamoris, Dec 1, 2012 4:58 PM

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
#4
Dec 1, 2012 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 995
With good staffs and hopefully good plot, it could be great
Waiting for December 8
 
#5
Dec 1, 2012 4:51 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 24894
BattleRoyaleish music
Need to know more :c
 
#6
Dec 1, 2012 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2862
This guy does a lot of action anime so I hope it will have lots of blood.
[center]
 
#7
Dec 1, 2012 5:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5341
So.. any info besides the name?
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
#8
Dec 1, 2012 5:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 29359
So an original anime from the guy who directed Death Note, one Aoi Bungaku arc and a bunch of crap?
I'll have to wait on the synopsis to decide if that show interests me or not.


StephenCovey said:
Most of us don't listen with the intent to understand, they listen with the intent to reply.


 
#9
Dec 1, 2012 5:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1583
This sounds pretty cool (well, the title). Have to see after the details come out.
 
Dec 1, 2012 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 3536
I guess the name does sound pretty cool lol. Hmmm Project Attack!
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 286
>Director of Guilty Crown
Ehhh...
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2599
Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell staff


Aww yeah

Guilty Crown staff


Aww nah
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 5195
That was weird name.

Though it's still interesting
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 39951
hell yeah this will be action pack i bet judging from the director who also directed Guilty Crown and High School of the Dead
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
all 3 ppl have done a good amount of work, seems like watever the anime is it will atleast be done well


 
Dec 1, 2012 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 30785
Sweet something out of the blue to look forword t-

*director of guilty crown*

Fuck this shit.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 1, 2012 6:49 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 106986
Sounded interesting till I saw the director. Might give it a shot though.
 
Dec 1, 2012 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17221
Expecting trigger happy shit storm, as in the anime, not the thread discussion.
 
Dec 1, 2012 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3121
Project Attack...

December 8 isn't that far anyway :D
 
Dec 1, 2012 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 884
need to know about the plot and the look of the characters first... :/

∠( ゚Д゚)/ - I only draw freestyle! -
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2944
Well maybe this can redeem the director for making that mess of an anime called Guilty Crown.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
dtshyk said:
Story by symbv
wat?
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 84
^ symbv provides this new.

For a moment, i though this anime is made by 'WTF' studio....
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
DraconisMarch said:
dtshyk said:
Story by symbv
wat?
This is the third time in less than 2 months that someone raises a question when all I did was submit the news story to the MAL moderator. Is it that difficult to make it out from "Story by symbv"??
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 476
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
dtshyk said:
Story by symbv
wat?
This is the third time in less than 2 months that someone raises a question when all I did was submit the news story to the MAL moderator. Is it that difficult to make it out from "Story by symbv"??
I guess you can understand though how people can misunderstand it, when you're more or less directly listed under "staff", so I'd blame the mods instead. I was puzzled as well for a second there

Show sounds stupid, the title at least does.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 193
Even thought there's hardly any info as of yet, I'm interested.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
bNq said:
]I guess you can understand though how people can misunderstand it, when you're more or less directly listed under "staff", so I'd blame the mods instead. I was puzzled as well for a second there
At least you did not jump to post a "wat" comment here... People should spare those few seconds of posting such comment to think what the statement "story by symbv" is supposed to mean, IMHO. Or perhaps the mods should be asked to use some other wording?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2652
symbv said:
bNq said:
]I guess you can understand though how people can misunderstand it, when you're more or less directly listed under "staff", so I'd blame the mods instead. I was puzzled as well for a second there
At least you did not jump to post a "wat" comment here... People should spare those few seconds of posting such comment to think what the statement "story by symbv" is supposed to mean, IMHO. Or perhaps the mods should be asked to use some other wording?


They just need to add a "submitted" to it and make it say "Story submitted by symbv" and its all good.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 84
bNq said:
I guess you can understand though how people can misunderstand it, when you're more or less directly listed under "staff", so I'd blame the mods instead. I was puzzled as well for a second there


There's a line break in between but i guess people think of scriptwriter or something like that when they see the word 'story by'.
 
Dec 1, 2012 8:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3042
interesting.....I want character designs to confirm though. If its anything like Psycho Pass, count me in.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
 
Dec 1, 2012 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 347
Interesting, but we definitely need to see the synopsis before we decide anything
 
Dec 1, 2012 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
dtshyk said:
Story by symbv
wat?
This is the third time in less than 2 months that someone raises a question when all I did was submit the news story to the MAL moderator. Is it that difficult to make it out from "Story by symbv"??
The placing and ambiguity makes it easy to draw false conclusions. It'd make much more sense to say "Courtesy of symbv:" or "From symbv:" instead and put it at the beginning of the post.
 
Dec 1, 2012 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
DraconisMarch said:
]The placing and ambiguity makes it easy to draw false conclusions. It'd make much more sense to say "Courtesy of symbv:" or "From symbv:" instead and put it at the beginning of the post.
True enough, though I also wonder how likely people would really think that a member in MAL would somehow be credited with a story writing role for an anime in Japan. If that possibility is removed because it is so unlikely, the only conclusion left should be that the credit is for the news story.

Anyway, since I have seen such misunderstanding coming up so frequently now, I guess I would try to have a word with the mods here and see if the wording can be modified to make the meaning absolutely clear.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Dec 1, 2012 9:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3488
DraconisMarch said:
dtshyk said:
Story by symbv
wat?
Don't worry. You weren't the only one confused when seeing that.
 
Dec 1, 2012 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
symbv said:
DraconisMarch said:
]The placing and ambiguity makes it easy to draw false conclusions. It'd make much more sense to say "Courtesy of symbv:" or "From symbv:" instead and put it at the beginning of the post.
True enough, though I also wonder how likely people would really think that a member in MAL would somehow be credited with a story writing role for an anime in Japan. If that possibility is removed because it is so unlikely, the only conclusion left should be that the credit is for the news story.

Anyway, since I have seen such misunderstanding coming up so frequently now, I guess I would try to have a word with the mods here and see if the wording can be modified to make the meaning absolutely clear.
Well, my suggestion was really all you need. You don't need to make it so explicit that it's an insult to everyone's intelligence.

"This is a news story that is being posted on symbv. (symbv is NOT on the staff for this anime.)"

lol.
 
Dec 1, 2012 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1908
Director of Death Note.




 
Dec 1, 2012 11:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 445
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Sweet something out of the blue to look forword t-

*director of guilty crown*

Fuck this shit.


You basically posted the exact same thing i was gonna post.

Ouma Shu 2.0? Is this what the Mayan calender was predicting?
 
Dec 1, 2012 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1646
Akamitsu said:
Director of Death Note.
Guilty Crown is much more recent than Death Note.
 
Dec 1, 2012 11:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 590
DraconisMarch said:
Akamitsu said:
Director of Death Note.
Guilty Crown is much more recent than Death Note.


They were written by different people too.
 
Dec 1, 2012 11:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2127
Stuartxtr7 said:
>Director of Guilty Crown
Ehhh...


Amarrez said:
Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell staff


Aww yeah

Guilty Crown staff


Aww nah


DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Sweet something out of the blue to look forword t-

*director of guilty crown*

Fuck this shit.


Stark700 said:
Sounded interesting till I saw the director. Might give it a shot though.


YAY! Another possible anime to rate around 7-10 simply because of the art/animation 1-3
 
Dec 2, 2012 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1069
I like how the following series were directed: Aoi Bungaku, Death Note, and Highschool of the Dead. But yeah, I agree about the recent Guilty Crown thing. Hopefully, this gonna be good from those 3 series I've mentioned as I was just wishing of seeing another new work from this director.
 
Dec 2, 2012 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10122
DraconisMarch said:
]Well, my suggestion was really all you need. You don't need to make it so explicit that it's an insult to everyone's intelligence.
Thing is I don't need your suggestion because I can do nothing about it. It is the mods who need it. As I said, I find it a bit hard to see so many people just rush to post a "wat" comment instead of giving the wording some more thought, and I admit I am a bit annoyed about this. Despite all your suggestion, including "This is a news story that is being posted on symbv. (symbv is NOT on the staff for this anime.)", I cannot do anything given that is a post by the mods in this News section.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
 
Dec 2, 2012 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 36
The director has some notable work so maybe this project turns into something interesting.
 
Dec 2, 2012 5:03 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2360
im sure there one thing we can be certain on is that the animation will be good lol
 
Dec 2, 2012 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 272
Well, I guess Guilty Crown issues were more a matter of script than direction... When the source is bad there is a limit of what a director can do to make it better.

As long as I know, Araki Tetsuro is a director that knows how to give feeling to his works. Death Note was intense (and its intensity is often target of love or hate) and GC and HOTD indeed had good and strong action sequences.
This guy just need a good script to make a nice work - even if it won't turn into a masterpiece, it can be quite entertaining.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
 
Dec 2, 2012 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4283
Amarrez said:
Black Lagoon and Ghost in the Shell staff


Aww yeah

Guilty Crown staff


Aww nah


LOL. My reaction.

I'll wait for more info.
 
Dec 2, 2012 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2188
Sounds good. Finally something interesting out of all the rubbish we've been getting news about. I like the character designer. I'll be anxiously waiting for more info!
 
Dec 2, 2012 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 30785
Lieila said:
I like how the following series were directed: Aoi Bungaku, Death Note, and Highschool of the Dead. But yeah, I agree about the recent Guilty Crown thing. Hopefully, this gonna be good from those 3 series I've mentioned as I was just wishing of seeing another new work from this director.
its got two things going against it because death note was a disaster in the second half. so technically its 1.5 up against 2.5, its not horrible outnumbered but still not very good odds.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Dec 2, 2012 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1134
New Guilty Crown? But no redjuice there...
 
Dec 2, 2012 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2370
guilty must have been an AMAZING anime if so many ppl here are talking about it when it has NO connection to watever this anime will be about


 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »