Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 1, 2012 8:51 PM
Jul 2012
areyougood96 said:
Fiji said:
I am interested in this person who sends the trials through Lennon.

My assumption is that this person is Kyousuke.

are all the cats picked up by Kyousuke?

How do you guess that?
Dec 1, 2012 8:51 PM

Sep 2010
Noumi_Kudryavka said:
ClannadIsLove said:
RyanSaotome said:
The complaining by this point is getting kinda old. It is what it is... its not KyoAni, and it never will be KyoAni. Accept it for what it is and try to enjoy it instead of finding reasons to hate it. I'm enjoying it a lot more with this kind of mindset.

Only JC Staff would have this kind of bullshit. I mean other shows that aren't KyoAni are better than this bullshit.

If that is really what you believe, why are you still watching this? you dont seem to enjoy watching this so why waste 20 minutes of your day watching something you call "bullshit"
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Dec 1, 2012 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
Dammit, the Little Busters girls need to stop being so moe.

I found myself talking to my screen telling Riki not to fall into a Nacrolyptic sleep. This is going to become a big problem I just know it.

Haruka yelling Mission Start, killed me inside. Stop being so cute!!!
Dec 1, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty decent episode, although I wasn't comfortable with the way that Rin built her confidence up more than the post-events of Rin 2 and Refrain (since that is how the original story went). Imo it's too soon for that.

Seeing the whole cafeteria event reminded me of how fun the minigame was in VN.

So, it looks like the LB manager is the last to be recruited in the next episode.
Dec 1, 2012 9:00 PM
Nov 2011
blasterion said:
areyougood96 said:
Fiji said:
I am interested in this person who sends the trials through Lennon.

My assumption is that this person is Kyousuke.

are all the cats picked up by Kyousuke?

How do you guess that?

because all those cats don't seem like wild cats at all, and they seem close to rin like they've been together for awhile... Kyousuke is Rin's older brother and he gave a few names to Rin to use so Rin can name the cats (which i'm assuming before highschool) so the cats are part of the Natsume's family? Well excluding that mysterious white cat that's giving Riki & Rin the tasks though, since the first episode it seems to have randomly appeared

or am i just overthinking this, and Rin is just legitly loved by wild cats? xD
Dec 1, 2012 9:14 PM

Aug 2011
do they add more animation frames in blu rays?
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Dec 1, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Enjoyed the episode overall. Anyway, here are two GIFs of Haruka I made:

Dec 1, 2012 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Kind of weird how Lennon got a note predicting the future. I guess Riki is getting closer to the truth of the "world". The aprons on the girls looked NICE! Nice body and cuteness overload! The anime is doing pretty good. I can't wait for the next episode. Mio's arc can finally start!
Dec 1, 2012 9:27 PM

Dec 2007
Seems like I'm in the minority here, since I liked this better than the last few episodes :P
Dec 1, 2012 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
And Sasasegawa appears. God I hate her character. Idk why, but it pisses me off.

Not showing the fight scene..OH J.C STAFF PLEASE STHAP. L>Remake on series like they did with Kanon.

TyrelDec 1, 2012 9:48 PM
Dec 1, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2009
blubberflub said:
do they add more animation frames in blu rays?

I don't know about this episode, but it's likely since the other episodes were pretty finalized in the blu-rays. I have a Japanese friend and asked him awhile back about the animation problem.
Dec 1, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2011
I feel as if there was no progress made...

Dec 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2011
Damn I don't care about the Common Route anymore. Just give me a heroine arc already.

Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Hmm, I see that this episode was linked back to the 'secret of the world' main story, but I found this to be a bit of a waste of time.

There were redeeming moments of friendship and for Rin as a character but in terms of how the plot was pushed forward, I found it too slow.

While the main story is an intriguing premise, I found this episode was a poor execution for it and for the content this episode provided, that cafeteria scenario shouldn't have went for so long when perhaps something else more interesting could've been covered.

Anyway hopefully next episode is the final 'intro' episode for the cast and things can finally get rolling.

Sep 2011
HyperKeeby said:

Yep. It's just JC Staff is tricking and trolling us.

I don't see the reason why are they going to do it.

Dec 1, 2012 10:54 PM

Sep 2012
Just noticed in the preview, the scene with the apple skins which reads 'depression' has more detail in episode 9 than the preview in episode 8. It also happened in the preview of episode 6 with Komari's lip shadow. Guess they are running short on time.
Dec 1, 2012 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
It was a nice ep but the most interesting part of this show that keeps me coming back each week is the OP

Also i hate girls with those high pitched english laugh.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 1, 2012 11:03 PM
Aug 2011
I had a huge grin on my face the entire time and laughed at some scenes.

Like this:
Zee530 said:
Also i hate girls with those high pitched english laugh.

Damn those girls were in synch too.
Dec 1, 2012 11:24 PM

Aug 2011
i totally did not notice rins FUKAAAAA this episode. well at least they included one of the things i've been wanting to see
Dec 1, 2012 11:33 PM

May 2011
I'm losing sight of why I'm still watching this. I think I'm just getting sick and tired of Key stories with every character suffering from some mental retardation and every female has her own autistic grunts. I think I'm going to drop Little Busters!. Rin just wasn't a good enough diamond to continue searching in this ruff.
Dec 1, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 2011
LEGOF said:
I'm losing sight of why I'm still watching this. I think I'm just getting sick and tired of Key stories with every character suffering from some mental retardation and every female has her own autistic grunts. I think I'm going to drop Little Busters!. Rin just wasn't a good enough diamond to continue searching in this ruff.

aw :( right when it's about to get better..
Dec 1, 2012 11:56 PM
Aug 2011
blubberflub said:
LEGOF said:

aw :( right when it's about to get better..

Sarcasm? Probably not.
Trying to convince someone not to drop it when you yourself are harshly criticising this adaptation so much.
Dec 1, 2012 11:56 PM

May 2012
Meddigo said:
Can somebody please tell JC Staff that there are supposed to be Rin's cats on the baseball field during practice? It's really getting irritating. Unless they're not even going to bother with

Hey hey hey! that is animal abuse right there.... Yeah seriously i do NOT want to see those cats getting hit by damn baseballs.

planetarianDec 1, 2012 11:59 PM
Dec 2, 2012 12:15 AM

Apr 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
Damn I don't care about the Common Route anymore. Just give me a heroine arc already.

Common route still has a lot of stuff to animate. Easily another 5-6 episodes at least.

Dec 2, 2012 12:22 AM

Aug 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Sarcasm? Probably not.
Trying to convince someone not to drop it when you yourself are harshly criticising this adaptation so much.

sure, most of common route adaptation sucked but im expecting good things from the girl routes. as of now i think the direction, and production values are pretty bad but michiru shimada has got most of the core elements in at the least. not until we get into another girl route can i say that this adaptation is bad.

and at 3 episodes per girl route, im a little skeptical that they can pull it off. its very POSSIBLE but also may flop like komari's route.
Funya-UsagiDec 2, 2012 12:28 AM
Dec 2, 2012 12:29 AM

Aug 2011
JELLYJELLYJELLYJELLYJELLY

Wafu Kud is still the best.
Dec 2, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2008
I cant believe how hard i was laughing at the amount of Jelly placed on the trays XD . This was my favourite mini game in little busters and im glad they made some mistakes while doing it if not i would feel so stupid. Also YAY SASAMI

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 2, 2012 1:36 AM

Dec 2010
Full thoughts on the episode spoiler free

Dec 2, 2012 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
A rather fun episode.

Dec 2, 2012 3:19 AM

May 2010
When are they going to do other girl's arcs?
Dec 2, 2012 3:21 AM

Aug 2011
episode 11 most likely
Dec 2, 2012 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
One of the better episode for me. The "ATATATATA scene" was the first time I actually laugh while watching this anime. And finally some focus on what might be the real plot of this anime with the letters Rin received.

For some reason, I think Kyousuke is the one who wrote those letters, the baseball team is too random, so I always thought he had some other plan to say goodbye to his friends and this letter might be a part of it.

Also, I hope "the secret of the world" isn't some kind of pretentious shit that would explain how our world is working, why people are suffering or stuff like that. It would be stupid and completely out of place.

Anyway, this anime is a bit growing on me. I'm surprised most of the fans didn't like this episode, but I guess we're not looking for the same thing in anime.
Dec 2, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
Well, it because, for me, the most of the scenes in the Common Route are really boring. Only few I can say memorable. Regardless of me being a LB fan.

Dec 2, 2012 4:37 AM

Nov 2010
One of my favorite episode so far. Plenty of foreshadows and fun, especially the Little Busters! bonding. Seeing friends bond with each other is a kind of my weak spot.

I could see that Little Busters! most likely will satisfy me in the end. I prefer slow development than rushed, and this is much faster than development in VN, anyway. As long they're faithful, I'll be okay with LB! anime. About immature direction, bad animation... That's a distant number two and three.

Let's just wish they throw in more experienced staffs for the long awaited Refrain.
Dec 2, 2012 4:55 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode, loved that they used the Baseball theme at the start of this episode! The cafeteria episode was really, and the show never stops me to remind us about the epic rivalry against Kengo and Masato.

Looks like it's finally Mio's turn to show up.

Overall a great episode.
Dec 2, 2012 6:38 AM

Oct 2011
One of nicest episodes so far - good dose of Rin's development as well as humor part.

Than going with how Little Busters act as a team was adorable :) and I find here good tempo (some VN spoilers)
Dec 2, 2012 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
Repeated and still frames everywhere, and mention of narcolepsy everywhere. xD That scene where Rin got knocked down by all the cats is hilariously fast too. Sasami's frills also randomly turned straight when she left. Got all the points in for sure, but even I who rarely notice the frames and such cringed this time... Well, hopefully this means more budget will be put into the girls' arcs.

As for the episode itself, I want to see the newspaper sword battle and more of the memorable scenes instead, but then again Mio's not introduced yet and this episode feels more like an introduction to Rin's route than common route :O The cafeteria minigame part was pretty funny though, I remember how dumbfounded I was when realized that randomly clicking when a dish looks full is more effective than actually looking at the dish itself OTL
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Dec 2, 2012 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
That Sasasasa girl is pretty annoying with her laughter not to mention those three swirling around her.
And she doesn't even fight alone on top of that.

Seeing the group work so hard for other makes me wonder why the disciplinary comity has problems with them most of there actions seems pretty harmless to me and there even helping others.
Now they where even helping the whole school out else there would not have been any food for the students.

That narcolepsy seems to appear when Riki is worried and it seems a lot less troublesome then migraine still you have to rely on others if you fall asleep so easily.
Dec 2, 2012 7:32 AM
Oct 2011
This really wont come of as a surprise if it was actually Kyousuke who is the mastermind behind the letters. Seeing as how his character has developed in the episodes and at how he can be (hiddenly) philosophical at times, he would be be able to pull off an interesting answer for Rin to the question of what is indeed the secret of the world. Plus, he sort of like the influence of the group, even though among the main characters, he is a minor character. As much as "everyone has each other" and "don't worry we'll always be together", once he leaves, that hole would be just too big.

That's my guess (on who wrote the letter). I'm still open to surprises, but ... oh well~

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Dec 2, 2012 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
It's always interesting to see people who haven't played the VN make guesses on the plot and how close or far from the truth they are. I liked this episode, but it wasn't as good as Komari and Kud's episodes. But I suppose when you already know what's going on, the "what's really going on?" episodes aren't as engaging.
Dec 2, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2010
The letterwriter = Kyousuke theory must be a common theory for the early foreshadows in common route, and I guess it must be close in some extent. However, it still not explain anything about many foreshadows and some mysteries (such as "why he/she can predict the future?" that Riki keep asking in this epissode)

However, there's still many foreshadows needed before we can predict anything accurately.I still have to play two more routes before Rin 2, there are some more clues scattered here and there. Too bad the tight schedule in late semester is killing me now T______T

Some guesses:

Dec 2, 2012 11:05 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode, I like Rin and it was fun to see the whole group work together. They even played baseball for a little while there, lol.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 2, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2010
Whoa, to be honest I understanded thing about caffeteria just now, when i played Rin1 route I had no idea what's going on, kinda funny :D
Anyway - really good episode, it felt so short! Moar Rin please <3 And I loved that mini game, I was playing it so many times :) Sasasasasasami!
It looks like it's Mio episode next week... That part with looking for a book was so boring for me in the vn, huh.

Sa-chan_ said:
Tou said:
I shall ask again...

I'll say this again.

JC Staff is just only teasing and I really found it hilarious.

It's kinda interesting. JC Staff, ijiwaru~!

Anyway - when are we going to have some arc? It's been a while since they started making one episode per girl, maybe something more now? I hope that after

It's soon half of the season and only one girl so far :( The second half will probably be rushed, huh...
Dec 2, 2012 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
If they would cut the bullshit we could possibly finish all the girls' routes and possibly even Rin 2 and Refrain by episode 26. Now it's looking like the show will be ABOUT to get REALLY fuckin' good, then they'll be like, "See you later!" because it will be episode 26.

Basically, I think this is going to end on a cliffhanger. We're going to have the "ehhs" of the routes (they aren't as good as Refrain) and then after suffering through JC Staff's bullshit for long enough we'll all be ready for Rin 2 and Refrain and then we'll realize it's episode 26 and something bad will happen.

Basically, I think watching this series will be like a girl offering sex and then right as she takes her top off she puts it back on and leaves us. Seriously, fuck JC Staff.

I think this may have been my dumbest post ever...
Dec 2, 2012 1:16 PM

Oct 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
Basically, I think watching this series will be like a girl offering sex and then right as she takes her top off she puts it back on and leaves us. Seriously, fuck JC Staff.
Than rather say: Seriously, fuck Key.

As they did the script and J.C. Staff is just following it (blaiming them for animation or sound is ok... if bit repetitive).
Dec 2, 2012 1:25 PM

Jun 2012
Dalek-baka said:
ClannadIsLove said:
Than rather say: Seriously, fuck Key.

As they did the script and J.C. Staff is just following it (blaiming them for animation or sound is ok... if bit repetitive).

No, JC Staff is the one stretching out some fairly unimportnat parts of the VN into full episodes and wastine time. The cafeteria minigame only lasted 30 seconds (depending on how good you are). Here it is an entire damn episode when there are routes to go through.

My complaint here is that the way they are doing it will leave it on a cliffhanger right before the REALLY good stuff happens, which is JC Staff's fault. If they managed time more wisely, it wouldn't happen.

Then there's the animation and sound...
Dec 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Oct 2011
ClannadIsLove said:
No, JC Staff is the one stretching out some fairly unimportnat parts of the VN into full episodes and wastine time. The cafeteria minigame only lasted 30 seconds (depending on how good you are). Here it is an entire damn episode when there are routes to go through.

Whenever someone adapts anything, they write a script that for the show. Key may have had the script for LB but JC Staff is fucking everything up. It's not Key's fault at all.

Then there's the animation and sound...
I don't think it's unimportant - ok seen in VN sure but for anime only viewers may act as reminder that there is some "secret of the world".

But there is another thing - about what happened in this episode (stretching as you've called it):
- it was included in the script created by Key, so they thought it's important to give it
- J.C.Staff added it without consultation with people who are supervising it... which means that Key doesn't give a flying fuck about what happens.
So yes, Key screwed thing up in writing department... or made them right as I like those comedic/light parts over Key-trademark drama and angst everywhere.
Dec 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2011
I wish Sasami would stop laughing. It makes me ears bleed. Thank god Riki was there to be the straight man in that scene, because it was dumb as hell.

ClannadIsLove said:
If they would cut the bullshit we could possibly finish all the girls' routes and possibly even Rin 2 and Refrain by episode 26. Now it's looking like the show will be ABOUT to get REALLY fuckin' good, then they'll be like, "See you later!" because it will be episode 26.

Basically, I think this is going to end on a cliffhanger. We're going to have the "ehhs" of the routes (they aren't as good as Refrain) and then after suffering through JC Staff's bullshit for long enough we'll all be ready for Rin 2 and Refrain and then we'll realize it's episode 26 and something bad will happen.

I think this may have been my dumbest post ever...

It's a dumb post, but it works well enough.

I can't believe they wasted an entire episode on this. It just feels like filler. If they had more than 26 episodes to work with I would be cool with it, but they don't. What a waste of time that could be used for much better things.

EDIT - Riki should just confess his love to Kyousuke already and get all this UST out of the way.
Random45Dec 2, 2012 2:04 PM
Dec 2, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
Nice episode overall... JELLY JELLY JELLY JELLY JELLY!!!

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Dec 2, 2012 2:35 PM

Sep 2012
I haven't played the VN but I didn't think this episode was filler or a waste of time. The cafeteria job facilitated significant character development for Rin. She finally got over her shyness. Wafu!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.