Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2012 5:27 PM

Aug 2011
Argh, why did Kai have to say that. It's interesting for once though, instead of women lusting over Yamato, now a male is after Mei and Yamato has to defend his love for her.
Dec 24, 2012 11:29 PM

Sep 2011
Kai>Yamato
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Dec 26, 2012 7:46 PM

Aug 2008
Haha, Yamato, it's a pay back!
Dec 30, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2010
tohzuki said:
"I think I like her"

Me:

My exact thoughts.

Damn mother coming home at the perfect/worst time, poor Yamato was gonna get some action.
Dec 30, 2012 11:21 PM

Mar 2012
itsvero said:
This is beyond stupid. Another love rival? We really don't need that. What has Kai seen of Mei for him to have feelings for her? Unless he's just saying that to rile up Yamato, which makes him the equivalent of Kimi ni Todoke's Kento.

Megumi is a dumb bimbo by the way. But I'm pretty sure that's already been established.

honestly, yamato didn't really see much before falling for mei either.
but i don't know, i'm not liking this show very much as of now. i was so struck by how beautiful it was at the beginning that i keep watching it hoping it gets better. anyway, it's just thirteen episodes. i've seen most of it already.
Dec 31, 2012 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
And the battle, begins.
Jan 1, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect Kai to become a problem this quick if he was a problem at all. It didn't feel rushed though, but it did feel shallow. The part with Mei's mother was done really well, kudos for that.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 21, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2012
wow a lot going off this episode:

1) megumi is just more of a bitch, and can see her doing something horrible in the next few episodes

2) bedroom scene was quite hot actually, her innocence and shyness makes it better and I don't know why, but even when mum interrupted it was really nice of Yamato to say what he did, shows he has respect

3) Kai.. well, can see where he is coming from with the bullying but like Mei said to him, what does him bullying them do for him, makes him just as bad... wasn't expecting that revelation at the end though D:

next few episodes should be interesting to say the least xD
Jan 29, 2013 6:30 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder what would of happened if they weren't interrupted from that scene when mei and yamato in the room... hahahahaha :3
Feb 1, 2013 12:24 PM

Nov 2011
I hope this guy at least becomes a little competition. He seems to have come into the game way too late.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 4, 2013 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
Of course, he likes Mei, what else could he be here for? I'm actually suprised Asami and her boyfriend (can't remember the name) aren't falling for Yamato and Mei...
Megumi is planning something. I hope she won't dare to hurt Mei in any way.
Kai is weird, he isn't necessarily a bad character, it's just that he is a lot like Megumi, just thrown in here so he can try to ruin their relationship. I'm looking forward to Yamato telling him to gtfo and save his love.
I actually have a feeling Megumi and Kai might either plan something together or that they will somehow end up together.

I really liked how Yamato talked about Mei with her mother, it was pretty nice of him and it was a cute scene.
I also liked the scene before that. It was too predictable that nothing will happen though :)
But that moment when Mei's mother came in was priceless :D

"Oh hai...I can explain. It's not like I'm a creepy stalker like Edward from Twilight who (while being shirtless) enjoys watching girls sleep. I mean why would this apprear to be something like that? :S"
RazielZeroFeb 4, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 7, 2013 4:06 PM

Jul 2011
kawaiiiii!!!! :3 a love battle and that scene the mom came in at the worst possible time!!! LOL
Mar 16, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2009
Tadaima!!! Hahaha...so close
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 6, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Oh what a cliffhanger! /sarcasm

Finally gonna drop this anime. Final rating is either 5 or 6.

I've read enough Shoujo manga (is 400 series enough?) to know what's going to happen. :B
Jun 2, 2013 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Megumi. She was rejected. "Why isn't me?"
Kai is so straightforward. "I probably like her."
Jun 21, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2013
Damn, pretty happy about this episode. That was some good tension. I'm pleasantly surprised by this show. It's very good.
Oct 12, 2013 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that takes advantage of the classic romantic comedy plot sweethearts calm and pure and chaste, so little inclined to fuss! Ah! What a joy to see them! : D
Narrative that it also follows the same guidelines, closing a bow and inizando the boy who rickshaw to lose the girl to the fault of another. Well! I am intrigued to know more now as it will move Megu-tan or hers! Uh! Uh! Uh! XD
Design and scenography sufficient animations on the same plane. Quiet colors, fit for purpose!
Jan 9, 2014 2:04 PM

May 2012
Competition but this time from the boys side xD Mei you're really getting popular! But damn stuff really is going to get quite interesting!
Jan 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
Thank goodness for Kai. I couldn't take this kumbaya fluff anymore. But just like School Days, things only start cooking in the final two or three episodes. That's a shame.

Although I think Yamato's morals are great, his goody-goody ways are a bore. I'm hoping that, Kai's presence will bring forth other, more exciting aspects of his personality and everyone else's. What happened to Aiko? Mei told her off and the one character who seemed to have any spunk is suddenly lame. Ugh!
Mar 11, 2014 4:41 AM

Oct 2013
man this couple is getting attacked form both sides.

megumi trying to steal yamato, and now kai goin for mei. they have such a hard time
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 26, 2014 9:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm really like Aiko's character. She seemed mean at first but she's grown to be respectful and caring as a person.

Megu's eyes when she Mei then turned away in the hallway really showed just how much she hates her.

Kai makes his debut. Sorry Yamato, but he already has a better boyfriend for Mei vibe.

Aug 5, 2014 7:45 PM

Apr 2010
Ah man, this is messed up, they're going through so many hardships. It's really sad.
Sep 4, 2014 2:27 AM

Mar 2014
Nice words yamato !!
I feel really at ease now that things got back peacefully. (most of it) back to romance path ~ !!
Crossing of paths !! .. "such a secretive girl" .. haha !!
Mei so kawaii ~ !! ... falling in love really makes a girl this cute :)
Ohh ... it was interrupted . damn haha !!
The gratitude of meeting the strong and charming person :D
A Friend arrives anew person !!
Everyone changes . that is the course of the world we can't remove .
Declaration of war !! A Rival appears !!
Pretty great Episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2014 1:12 AM

Jan 2014
Yamato was at Mei's house :3 They were really close to...
And Kai is kinda cute. And he's bringing some drama! ^-^
Jan 8, 2015 5:46 PM

Aug 2013
Shit, that dude don't fuck around xD

Evil Megu look evil... Can't that girl do like Aiko and stop being a bitch?

Ohdamn, they almost had sex. I give them 3 months before she's pregnant. Also, happy mom is best mom.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 29, 2015 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
Yea mom! Walk in on them... well, almost anyways.

Time to turn the tables. Let the reverse-harem begin.
Mar 7, 2016 11:02 AM

Jun 2010
Am I the only one who thinks it's annoying that everyone knows Yamato?
There was some potential for Kai to be interested of Mei, but since he knows Yamato, it's not even worth to think he would try to steal her away.

I feel sorry for Kai. He wasn't really bullied, more like tortured.
yoite-Mar 7, 2016 11:06 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2016 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
Damn. Mei's mom had to arrive. Their moment was ruined. But the mom is so stunning.

Oh well Yamato, you have a rival. Now you know how Mei feels when you're around Megumi.
Aug 5, 2016 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
You tell it to her, Yamato!

^Why? Because Yamato likes Mei, Megu-tan!

no, she means WHY he likes her. a legit question that all of us have no answer to. don't worry meg, i'm asking the same thing.

Californiaa said:
FoodforFish said:
I really liked this episode, actually. The only thing I didn't like was the part with Yamato in top of Mei; I have to say that it made me a tad uncomfortable...
I'm rather worried for whatever Megu is planning, because I mean she obviously isn't going down without a fight.
As for Kei, I actually think he's really adorable. "I think, I probably like her." I just thought it was adorable, haha!

explain how it was uncomfortable again

because she's a virgin.

Illusinaatio said:

About 21.40 minutes to the 9th episode of both series basically the same thing happens. Is this just coincidence or a normal thing to hapen in romanse anime. XD But I really enjoy watching thes two series.

the only difference is that you're actually rooting for yamaken.

randompadley said:

2) bedroom scene was quite hot actually, her innocence and shyness makes it better and I don't know why, but even when mum interrupted it was really nice of Yamato to say what he did, shows he has respect

i really liked the bedroom scene as well, it finally shows that mei is a teenager and wants to have sex at least once with her BF. perfectly normal.

Mayuka said:
Oh what a cliffhanger! /sarcasm

Finally gonna drop this anime. Final rating is either 5 or 6.

I've read enough Shoujo manga (is 400 series enough?) to know what's going to happen. :B

i don't blame you.
------------
LOL WHEN THE MOM CAME IN!!!!
and i'm not going against that almost grope-potential sex scene with. about time things were kicked up a notch!

that aside though ,yamato really was cringe talking about mei to her mom.

Yamoto: "She isn't swayed by others."
Me: Yes she is!
Yamoto: "And she's sure of herself. "
Me: NO SHE ISN'T.

are we talking about the same girl, yamoto? seriously.
i was wondering why kei would be so hung up over middle school bullying, but getting burned by cigarettes? that's not bullying, that's straight up cruelty. sorry for ya dude.
but i was LAUGHING at that moron when he fell into dispair after he missed his chance with his bully. really you fall into dispair and think about your life choices? what kind of writing is that?
and what the freaking heck? why does kei like her for the 2 minutes he's met her?

but this episode was surprisingly to toloratable. i can't lie, i liked.
Aug 22, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2015

Omg, what happened? What comes here?

And of course there's a rival... Who would have expected?
Sep 11, 2017 8:41 AM

May 2013
And there's the love rival for Yamato lol

I wonder if the author is gonna end up pairing Kai with Megu just so they have someone to love too. That girl follower of Megu seems like she's gonna play a role in something later on :3
Kokoro_KotashimaSep 11, 2017 10:28 AM
Dec 19, 2017 9:35 AM

Dec 2016
Things were starting to heat up before mom came home. Thanks mom for ruining the moment XP lol
Kai is in love for Mei... oh no ._." Yamato needs to be cautious now. But now he will feel the same way as Mei did when he came to Megu's house. Jealously is not good.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 18, 2019 6:18 AM

Aug 2017
Megu is still better than Mei. And this anime has the tallest anime guys I've ever seen. Of course this turns into a shoujo harem now.

Ohh my things were getting steamy here

Apr 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2019
Does Mei realize that by giving Kai the sweet bread she unconsciously befriended him?

And Yamato making moves on Mei. A naughty boy as always. 

Jul 11, 2023 8:10 PM

Mar 2023
"oh, yeah. it's nothing, I just kind like your girlfriend."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

215 by mo_lave »»
Mar 2, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

96 by belldandy2012 »»
Feb 14, 1:40 PM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.