Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shinsekai yori Episode 10 Discussion

Jan 13, 2017 2:41 AM

Looking back at it now, Ep8 and Ep10 are probably the worst episodes in terms of animation.

Mar 2, 2017 5:43 AM

This episode was a lot better than the last one. I was captivated.

Mar 29, 2017 3:12 AM
I am very indifferent to Saki some time and perfectly impressed with her other time. The way she repelled the beast is truly efficient.
Holy Hell the trees during the first 5 minutes are insanely beautiful.
But the info-dumping is obnoxious. Though I guess if I'm a character living there I would be subject to that same amount of information to take in

May 7, 2017 7:44 PM
Great episode, the plot is really starting to pick up.

Jun 16, 2017 10:36 PM

Farewell My Dear Friend. EP 10.

Plot; Saki manages to fight off and defeat the first trickster cat. SHe later find Shun who has donned a white mask of a Karmic Demon. He has lost control of his powers and its affecting reality. It's killed his parents, deformed SUbaru, and will only get worse if he stays alive.

He manages to warn Saki of things before killing that last Trickster Cat, which killed Subaru who tried to defend him, and commits suicide while telling Saki that he loved her.

Character: Ah damn. Shun...he was a good kid. I praised his strong power level and I was worried about him during the camp arc. Now its come to a head. So much power. No way to control it. And now he's died. A tragedy for sure.

And what does it mean for Saki? Seeing his power. Seeing him die. What does the future hold for her?

Animation and sound: This ep tore open my heart. The tense atmosphere. Shun trying to maintain control before his last kill. His last tears. It hit so many marks.

5/5. It was so sad.

PS: Am I crazy or were there a lot of ass and crotch shots of Saki? Please tell me I am not crazy.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.

Jun 29, 2017 6:39 PM

Poor Subara, he was such a cutie :/

That was very intense. Although I wasn't attached to Shun as a character I have to say that this episode was still able to move me, due to the great execution. The portrayal of Shuns suffering and the way everything was directed up to his suicide was top notch. The OST at the end made his last moments even more powerful.
Modified by FMmatron, Jun 29, 2017 6:43 PM
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jul 16, 2017 10:34 PM

This episode was so slow I fell asleep twice. Now I have to rewatch it because I didn't understand shit.

Sep 26, 2017 6:07 PM

I wanted to like this episode but the way it was presented made it fall completely flat for me. The animation and sound were great, but the awkward camera angles and strange poses just made it all so HARD to watch. Either way, I guess in terms of plot it was good as we see what's happening to Shun and the explanation of how people become karma demons. Pretty interesting stuff, and he kills himself in the end lol. His confession was so cliched though -_-" I will at least say I'm impressed they killed off a "major" character less than halfway through the show, though I can't say I particularly liked him much anyway. I guess we'll see what happens next episode though, I'm guessing it's gonna be a bit slower and take us through how everyone takes the news ...

Oct 31, 2017 6:12 AM

Well, the concepts Shun talked about (like the subconscious leakage) were cool. Other than that, though... I feel like I wouldn't have missed much if I had just read a Wikipedia article about the episode. I almost feel bad for not feeling bad about the tragedy. Almost. I never felt like the relationship between Shun and Saki was properly developed. Heck, Saki's had a more distinct dynamic with Satoru, of all people, and I don't even particularly like that guy either.

anikevin said:
This episode was so slow I fell asleep twice. Now I have to rewatch it because I didn't understand shit.

I can relate.
Modified by LeeTailor, Oct 31, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 9, 2017 10:04 AM

Poor Shun turned into a karmic demon :(
The visuals in this episode was very interesting! and I liked that rock dog a lot. It tried it's best against that cat.

Dec 26, 2017 11:02 PM
Shun was such a kind, mature boy though :( It's sad... he really was the least deserving to die. That was a depressing episode...

Feb 3, 2018 7:19 AM

this was my favorite episode so far... the concepts were incredibly interesting and i think the weird looking CGI worked really well with this episode. i was completely drawn in by the atmosphere

Feb 11, 2018 12:04 PM

The episode was good. The only thing that i don't like was the lack of screen of Shun, it will be more interesting if he had more screen time prior to his death. 4/5
Modified by Nurguburu, Feb 11, 2018 12:12 PM
Life has no meaning.

Mar 15, 2018 9:49 AM

So he is dead well I didn't liked him that much to be honest, I definitely thought he would become the main villain.

Apr 24, 2018 2:39 AM

that autistic bitch didn't restore his cantus lel

on another note, nice fanservice.

May 9, 2018 3:40 PM

Poor Shun. Oh well, shit happens.

Dec 13, 2018 12:54 AM
Saki looked so badass at the end of this episode...Oh shit in that preview, is that who I think it is?!

Dec 19, 2018 4:01 AM

Saki looked hawt in this ep, sugoi :0

RIP Shun ;A;
I'll always ship you and Saki <3

Saki, y u no tell Shun ily2? TT^TT although he should've known already since he's so smart, but still D;> Lames.

Feb 19, 4:03 AM
random guy we met in first view episodes without almost any backstory turns into karma demon and dies. Why should we as viewer care?
Theres almost no backstory for this character and the relationship between him and main girl are kinda meh.

Feb 21, 6:06 PM

Are you fucking serious, I was scared that Shun died offscreen last episode, turns it out he survived but dies anyways ...come the fuck on, really?

I dont even know why im so sad and pissed of about this, Shun didnt even had that much depth to his character besides being the mature, wise kid idk

I also wanted a better conclusion between him and Saki, not just a Info dump followed by a "btw Saki love you too, gonna die now bye" kinda thing

Apr 23, 5:01 PM

Lovely episode. Shinsekai Yori has lots to discover about its setting and this ep shows it best.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Jun 28, 4:14 AM

That was a great episode. Shun's resignation and Saki's denial of his state was all too difficult to watch. Shun saying "I didn't want any of this!" and subsequently losing control of some of the balls as in to reflect his emotional instability was a really great scene. Their Cantus seems to be also be a manifestation of their subconscious which is unprocessed and therefore uncontrolled. I wonder if their subconscious can also warp their perceived reality, that would explain why they don't seem to care for missing children like Reiko. If that plot point isn't explained I'm going to be a little pissed tbh.

Jul 15, 3:58 PM

That animation for Saki whimpering in the first minute or so was beyond embarrassing. This show has some good art, but the animation looks so dumb most of the time. Animation can be bad if it compliments the style (Aqua Teen), but in this it just looks stupid sometimes. The show is pretty interesting so far though. I gotta admit, I felt bad for Shun.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

Modified by Pikslap, Aug 5, 4:07 PM

Aug 7, 1:38 AM

I was like damn is this amazing show coming to an end already,then realized theres another 15 eps,feels good.
Saki is growing stronger,before she wouldve just been crying and crying but shes standing up for what she wants and i like that.

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

Preview MangaManga Store