Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2008 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First half was about cooking, with some action in the second half. Akira is a HiME and for some reason, a girl pretending to be a guy (reverse trap). Something involving Valkyries, though I have no idea what that means quite yet. Seems something bad is cooking up.
Nov 13, 2008 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
Valkyries, if I remember correctly, is the term describing the bad things that keep popping up they have to fight.

I don't think that is out right explained....

Jan 6, 2009 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
Lmao lol ok... Valkyries is the english term for HiMEs, though I prefer the term HiME better. As for episode 10 - It was hilarious! So funny... And this is one of my favourite animes ever by the way ^^.
Mar 19, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, some things need to be explained soon. Why are the monster stuff around, why is the Nagi guy bringing them into this world, and is the church involved?
Jun 19, 2009 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
I absolutely love the battle music that played during Akira's fight.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 7, 2009 11:44 PM

Jun 2008
Two things.

Never trust a priest and the cake is a lie.
Dec 30, 2010 5:27 PM

Jul 2007
Monad said:
the cake is a lie.

This.
Sep 28, 2011 7:32 PM

Dec 2009
Monad said:
Two things.

Ha that was good.
Sep 1, 2012 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
Somehow even an episode about baking cake managed to progress the story and draw my attention enough to be good.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 11, 2015 12:21 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Monad said:
Two things.

Agreed.

Hmm. Somehow I'm not sure which is harder for me to accept - the forced cooking contest or all the weird mecha/automations/spirits (whatever they are).
CratexJan 11, 2015 12:27 PM
May 31, 2016 7:47 PM

Feb 2014
Omg I love this episode so much xD Enter Akira, my favorite HiME, and Gennai, the awesome frog Child! Seeing the characters bake cakes together is so funny! And lol they had to call an ambulance in. Plus we first get to see Alyssa Searrs being part of the sketchiness! Best episode in the series (or at least the first half) imo :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 6:42 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So Akira is a female and HIME...
I also noticed that Natsuki dog from the previous episode (flashback) was called Duran. And her materialization weapon is also called Duran, dont tell me they were are the same?! That would be twisted, turning a dog into a cyborg wolf...
Ever since that little silver haired bitch killed Akane's materialization and per consequence her lover, I hated that one, I knew she was up to no good, and now the priest and the blondy join the party too! I bet that maid is also involved,
she could be a cyborg too.

But most annoying of all would be Nagi, with his schemes! Like you want Hime to fight and destroy Orphans then why are you involded into making Orphans cause problems?! 1st District are a bunch of assholes! If I had to compare this anime to magical girl madoka, I would say 1st District seems to be the equivalent to Kyubey!
May 3, 2020 3:56 PM
Apr 2020
Playcool said:
So Akira is a female and HIME...
I also noticed that Natsuki dog from the previous episode (flashback) was called Duran. And her materialization weapon is also called Duran, dont tell me they were are the same?! That would be twisted, turning a dog into a cyborg wolf...
Ever since that little silver haired bitch killed Akane's materialization and per consequence her lover, I hated that one, I knew she was up to no good, and now the priest and the blondy join the party too! I bet that maid is also involved,
she could be a cyborg too.

But most annoying of all would be Nagi, with his schemes! Like you want Hime to fight and destroy Orphans then why are you involded into making Orphans cause problems?! 1st District are a bunch of assholes! If I had to compare this anime to magical girl madoka, I would say 1st District seems to be the equivalent to Kyubey!

1st district would be equivalent of the incubatore and Nagi with Kyubey!
May 3, 2020 3:59 PM
Apr 2020
I really liked this cooking episode and all the revelation wich came with.
I'm fan of the rivality between Nao yuuki and Natsuki kuga uwu
Jul 20, 2022 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
Interesting that our cyborg girl didn't seem to report Akane to the priest? He named only the main trio of HiME, but not her...hmmmmm...maybe she's irrelevant now after the death of her boyfriend, dunno.

Now that I think about it, Duran might be a Casshern reference.

Didn't quite understand what was Mai's present
Apr 9, 2023 2:20 AM

Apr 2014
Lost it when Mikoto started to crack an egg in every available plate. 
Also should have been obvious that Akira was a girl in hindsight

More topics from this board

» Regarding the Eng Dub...

Tasolth - Oct 3, 2010

3 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Mar 15, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 25 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 19, 2008

17 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 22, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 24 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

15 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 4, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 23 Discussion

Veronin - Nov 18, 2008

25 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Mai-HiME Episode 22 Discussion

kitsunekarasu - Nov 13, 2008

14 by Sasutaschi »»
Feb 3, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.