Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2012 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
Here are the six members of the Rabbit Team. All of them are first year students:

Top row (left to right):
丸山紗希 Saki, 37 mm Loader / 大野あや Aya, 37 mm Gunner / 山郷あゆみ Ayumi, 75 mm Gunner
Bottom row (left to right):
澤梓 Azusa, Commander / 宇津木優季 Yuuki, Radio Operator / 阪口佳利奈 Karina, Driver

Nov 27, 2012 3:18 PM
Oct 2012
okanagan said:
Here are the six members of the Rabbit Team. All of them are first year students:

Top row (left to right):
丸山紗希 Saki, 37 mm Loader / 大野あや Aya, 37 mm Gunner / 山郷あゆみ Ayumi, 75 mm Gunner
Bottom row (left to right):
澤梓 Azusa, Commander / 宇津木優季 Yuuki, Radio Operator / 阪口佳利奈 Karina, Driver

I've liked Saki since the 2nd episode, she was the one reading the tank manga when the other girls were researching in the library. She definitely marches to the beat of a different drum.
Nov 27, 2012 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
When I first started watching the series there were so many girls and they all looked the same to me. So I tried hard to pick out one or two girls from each team as a starting point. For example, on the History Team it was very easy to first notice Erwin because of her hat. I still can't recognize all of the girls, but I think that the GaruPan people did a great job of the character designs. It is not just their appearance but also their personalities and even family backgrounds. It even includes their home towns, exact height and blood type! I still don't have a stand-out girl on the volleyball team, but I really do hope that they can get their club reinstated. In terms of the new tanks that have become available, I hope that Sodoko (the Discipline Committee Chairman) will get the best one, along with her two committee members.

Takuan_Soho said:
I've liked Saki since the 2nd episode,

Me too. She was the first Rabbit Team member that I was able to pick out when I was searching for one to recognize. It is clear that many more people did the same. She seems to be the breakout character of the whole series. I really wish they will let us see her pick up a 37 mm round and put it into the breech. The best loaders can attain 25 rounds per minute, according to Wikipedia. They only carry 178 rounds, so Saki would run out of ammo pretty quickly.
Nov 27, 2012 8:57 PM
Jun 2009
Aya for me. Megane, twintails > fav!
Nov 27, 2012 9:45 PM

May 2012
I'd have to pick Yuuki, their radio operator. She has a unique voice as well and very cute, too. :)
Nov 27, 2012 10:20 PM

Aug 2011
okanagan said:
I still don't have a stand-out girl on the volleyball team, but I really do hope that they can get their club reinstated.

The volleyball team has been my favorite overall since the hidden attack in episode 4. i love the excess amount of energy they all have!

But yeah, Saki is still the most awesome non-verbal first year ever.
Nov 27, 2012 10:45 PM

Nov 2012
Its not fair, they are too cute to choose just one
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Nov 27, 2012 10:52 PM

Apr 2011
My faves are Aya, the cute megane twin-tailed gunner, and Yuuki the cute radio operator with a cute voice and a cute face.
Nov 29, 2012 10:55 AM

Nov 2009
My favorite girls in the Rabbit team by ranking,

1. Ayumi >>> This girl gets my attention for the most time due to her appearance. Her tall figure and long hair makes her standout from the group.
2. Saki >>> Cute, quiet and mysterious! I didn't notice her at first but after I acknowledge her existence, she's really standout from the rest.
3.Azusa >>> I like her leadership skill.
4. Karina >>> She's cute when she drive a tank.
5. Yuukki >> I like her unique and soft voice.
6. Aya >>> Funny character.
Nov 29, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2011
http://girls-und-panzer.jp/giveout.html

lol i love it, for the twitter icons, you have a bunch of tanks, a logo, and Saki. hahahahahaha so awesome!
Dec 1, 2012 2:16 AM

Oct 2012

天使丸山ちゃん . Angel Saki . . . Fan-art by "Topaz" . . . http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2070732

If you can't see the beautiful fan-art drawing of Saki above, cut and paste one of these two URLs below into another browser. But even then you might get an error message.
Large size: http://i2.pixiv.net/img56/img/sitigosan/31837817_m.jpg
Small size (113x150) http://i2.pixiv.net/img56/img/sitigosan/31837817_s.jpg
okanaganDec 1, 2012 2:54 AM
Dec 4, 2012 2:45 AM

Oct 2012
You will love this video if you love Saki. It is a compilation of all of her appearances in Episode 8. It was just posted.

http://nicotter.net/watch/sm19503926

She seems much more active this week. She is paying attention more. In the past she just stared off into space. I think that she is benefiting from learning Senshado.

She is the loader for the 37 mm gun on the M3 Lee. The 37 mm gun is the smaller one on the top of the tank. It is the one that can rotate all the way around. The larger gun on the bottom at the side cannot rotate.

In Japan they call her Maruyama-san ( 丸山さん ). She seems to have a huge fan base there. Google her Japanese name ( 丸山 紗希 ) and you will find tons of stuff.

I really hope they will show us the sequence where she picks up a 37 mm round and puts it into the gun breech. After that, her job is to close the door. Then the gunner aims and fires. Those rounds are 223 mm long. They weigh about 1.5 kg, so it should be okay for Saki to lift one. The "round" includes the projectile (i.e. the bullet) and also the gunpowder that pushes it out of the gun. I wonder how many rounds her team can fire in one minute.
okanaganDec 4, 2012 2:50 AM
Dec 4, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2010
i broke the tie :)

i'm torn between aya and saki but aya wins out in the end

i like karina too
Fiction Responsibly
Dec 4, 2012 3:51 AM

Nov 2012
Just_Augos said:
i broke the tie :)

i'm torn between aya and saki but aya wins out in the end

i like karina too

hahaha i reactivated the tie, i knew there was a reason i was saving my vote >:D
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Dec 4, 2012 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Aya's fans will want to read this carefully . . .

As of this moment, Aya is number one in the poll of the most popular girl on the Rabbit Team, just barely ahead of Saki.

At 12:47 in Episode 7, there is a scene where the Rabbit Team (the first year students in the M3 Lee) are loading 75 mm rounds.

Yuuki ( 宇津木優季 ) the Radio Operator is standing on the ground. She passes a 75 mm round up to Aya ( 大野あや ) the 37 mm Gunner. Aya is blonde, with glasses and twin tails. Aya then passes the round up to another team member.

Yesterday, the GaruPan Chief Producer Jun Yukawa ( 湯川 純 ) sent out this official tweet:

この一年生チームがが砲弾を運ぶシーンですが、最初、かなりな感じでパンチラがあったのですが、水島監督の指示のもと、ガッツリと修正され、現状のようになりました。

I think what this means is that, originally during production of the episode, it seemed that you might have felt that you could see Aya's panties as she was lifting the round. However, GaruPan director Tsutomu Mizushima made sure that the problem was fixed.

Keep in mind that Mizushima is famous for his command

「パンチラ厳禁!戦車無理すんな!」

which I'll amateurishly attempt to translate as

Panties are strictly forbidden ! . . Tanks must be accurately depicted !

Note that the 75 mm rounds are used for the large gun at the front, bottom, right side of the tank. It makes no sense to carry them up to the turret. The turret has the smaller 37 mm gun. This was pointed out in another official GaruPan tweet.

A round for the 75 mm gun weighs around 8 kg, so it is no surprise that the girls were struggling to lift them! Note that the "round" includes the projectile as well as the explosive charge that fires it.

- - - - - - -

On another topic, see Posts #129 and #136 in the thread discussing Episode 8, both posted by Symbv. These are about Saki ( 丸山紗希 / known in Japan as Maruyama-san ). Now she has a fan club.
okanaganDec 4, 2012 6:26 PM
Dec 14, 2012 6:01 PM

Oct 2012

This is from Episode 9 when they were still fighting Pravda. The Rabbit team loader Saki (top left) is totally calm even though their M3 Lee just got knocked out. Just look at all of those 37 mm rounds behind her! If I were sitting there I would be terrified that they would start to cook off. Screaming and clawing at the hatch would be the best thing to do. I recall that the M4 Sherman had the rounds stored in a water jacket so that they would not detonate inside the tank. I guess the M3 did not have this feature. Looking at that ammunition rack, it appears to be full. But I think that there should be a lot of 37 mm rounds missing by this point in the battle.
okanaganDec 14, 2012 6:14 PM
Dec 14, 2012 8:40 PM

Apr 2007
Rabbit Team is by far my favorite. One, because their tank was pink at first. Two, because their entire crew is incredibly cute. Three, because the M3 Lee is my best tank in World of Tanks (which is now pink). I love Karina the driver and Aya the gunner. They seem to have the most personality. (^_^)
Jan 23, 2013 3:24 AM
Jan 2013
I think all these girls have grown up and learnt a little about themselves as their journey continues :) My favourite is Karina - she's tough and won't give up now! :)
Jan 26, 2013 2:46 AM
Dec 2010
I like hippo team......
Jan 30, 2013 12:04 AM

Jun 2009
Aya <3. She stood out most for me. With her phone googling as well as "unwanted tanks collecting" calls.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2013 4:33 PM

Feb 2012
We should have a poll for every ooarai tank crew!
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Mar 20, 2013 3:20 AM
Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
I've liked Saki since the 2nd episode, she was the one reading the tank manga when the other girls were researching in the library. She definitely marches to the beat of a different drum.

Yeah, since people started talking about the staring girl I start to notice every scene include she too. Looking back at Ep 4, I found a hilarious scene where her team run out of their M3 Lee (it's about 7:30). Notice how Saki run, it's sure will make you smile.
silverlight001Mar 20, 2013 3:57 AM
May 24, 2019 6:05 AM
Aug 2008
I like all of them, but Aya manages to get my attention more than even Yuuki.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Oct 29, 2012

243 by Abeke »»
Mar 14, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

symbv - Mar 18, 2013

167 by giannis85 »»
Jan 21, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2012

191 by giannis85 »»
Jan 18, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2012

191 by yakisobaman »»
Jan 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Dec 10, 2012

320 by giannis85 »»
Jan 4, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.