Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Initial D Fourth Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Nov 12, 2008 1:14 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
romance + a really weak race. worst episode so far. but the next looks promising.

Oct 2, 2009 5:07 PM

A bit slow but still we got to see another side of him. 5/5

Dec 13, 2010 12:01 PM

Why does every relationship fail in Initial D? Just leave the romance stuff out entirely if it is not getting serious anyway.

Jan 30, 2011 1:20 PM

Narck said:
Why does every relationship fail in Initial D? Just leave the romance stuff out entirely if it is not getting serious anyway.
It tries to make drama but it ends up as an epic fail. Oh, and i found KT as an ass... I don't like him one bit, his personality and everything that goes with it!

Mar 28, 2012 4:31 AM

Narck said:

Because Initial D is like real life, pretty much.

May 12, 2012 9:31 AM

dusFlaesPhan said:
Narck said:
It tries to make drama but it ends up as an epic fail. Oh, and i found KT as an ass... I don't like him one bit, his personality and everything that goes with it!

Well it might seem like he was rude but he didn't want to encourage her too much so that's why he said it in that tone. But what he said wasn't bad actually. If i was her i wouldn't lose hope ether because what he said was that "you are in the way because i feel attracted to you enough to break my consecration and i can't just ignore you like someone i feel no attraction whatsoever".
That actually tells her that at least he is moved by her presence and she is not without a hope of ever getting him. It's not about not liking her. She just has to wait for him and always watch so she can try again when he will be more willing for a relationship.
To be honest i liked this girl more than any other in Initial D and i was really routing for her but i understand what he said to her. I don't think he was an ass because if he said that thing less straightforward she might not have listen to him so he had to keep a strict tone.

Feb 18, 2013 11:14 AM

If just John Lennon did the same thing

Mar 8, 2013 10:46 AM

Narck said:

My initial thought, but Kyoko is a nice girl, so..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

May 7, 2013 4:52 PM

I really like the way Initial D handles its romance, and this one is no exception (only Itsuki's romances didn't really do it for me, although I didn't dislike them). I was worried Fourth Stage was straying too much off the style the first three stages had, but I'm glad it can still tell some good dark romance stories.

Apr 2, 2015 6:11 PM

Monad said:
dusFlaesPhan said:

Well it might seem like he was rude but he didn't want to encourage her too much so that's why he said it in that tone. But what he said wasn't bad actually. If i was her i wouldn't lose hope ether because what he said was that "you are in the way because i feel attracted to you enough to break my consecration and i can't just ignore you like someone i feel no attraction whatsoever".
That actually tells her that at least he is moved by her presence and she is not without a hope of ever getting him. It's not about not liking her. She just has to wait for him and always watch so she can try again when he will be more willing for a relationship.
To be honest i liked this girl more than any other in Initial D and i was really routing for her but i understand what he said to her. I don't think he was an ass because if he said that thing less straightforward she might not have listen to him so he had to keep a strict tone.

Exactly. They even said he's not good at multitasking so he wouldn't be able to balance a relationship and racing. He'd have to choose one or the other. Kyoko best girl though so that was an angry mob with pitchforks worthy moment even if he meant well lol.

May 26, 2015 8:17 PM

Well she's nice but... that was kind of a stalker move though, way too devoted after only meeting him twice ^^"
And the way she calls him darling... creepy.

May 19, 2016 1:40 AM

She sure got turned down in a harsh way, I wonder if they'll advance further on it! In general it was an okay episode, so let's see what's next!

Nov 22, 2016 7:28 AM

That was pretty sad for Kyoko, but at least she understood what Keisuke was telling her.

Jan 18, 2017 8:56 AM

Keisuke is a bit harsh on her
Poor girl
Well I guess he's kinda right, it's better to reject her now than later
It's hurt less this way

*fixing glasses

Oooohhh.. He's serious about it now
Takumi finally is going to lose?
"Signature removed"

Dec 25, 2017 2:49 PM

Kyoko doesn't beat around the bush... I like that. The fact that she would be a distraction proves Keisuke is interested.

Everything according to plan.. to let the opposing team come up with a strategy to beat Takumi.. to help him improve.

Sep 9, 2018 8:17 AM

A pity we are seeing Wataru again, but not Kazumi, but well, it may be only a matter of time since even Itsuki is going to watch the race in Saitama. Also it's interesting that this Nobuhiko guy is his cousin, and he may be smart, but it's hard to believe that he's even close to Ryousuke, and after losing so badly it's still even harder to believe he was able to come up with something to win against Takumi, but let's see.

Also poor Kiyoko, Keisuke feels like he's going to be left behind if he loses his focus, and it may happen so I can't blame him, and I also can't blame her for not giving up, here's hoping that it may work out in the end.

Feb 8, 5:41 PM

This girl is such a creep, I hope this ship never sails.
Modified by fuyuki, Feb 8, 5:52 PM

Jun 13, 5:40 PM

24:00 seriously? They said "RALLY" not Ferrari.

Jun 19, 11:14 AM
Well, the girl got rejected, I'm glad he rejected her honestly. Seems like those guys are scheming a way to beat Takumi, hmm, that's some interesting development.