Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 26, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 2012
Eh... I'm not loving how long it's taking for Shizuku to make a damn decision, it feels like it's dragging on, and it seemed kind of abrupt when Haru just asked Yamaken if he loved Shizuku... Just because he had one of her pencils... And then Yamaken actually said he loved her. I dunno, that scene just seemed a little unrealistic to me.
Okay, people are gonna kill me for this, but I don't really care about Natsume. I honestly felt nothing during that scene with her crying and I don't care about her past.
I still did like the episode overall though! I really like Yamaken. I'm interested in seeing what happens to their love triangle. Hopefully it picks up, I was really loving this series around episode 4-5.
Nov 26, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2011
At least this love triangle isn't annoying, unlike Sukitte, where the antagonizing character is just a complete bitch.
Nov 26, 2012 5:40 PM
Nov 2012
Its beginning to have some rivalry between those two xdd
Nov 26, 2012 5:41 PM
Nov 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Dang it, I want Natsume x Sasayan Dx
I root for them too :D Im actually doing a digital art pic of them as my first pic in digital art :]
Nov 26, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Win win Monday. Great episode as usual...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 26, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Let the love rumble begin~

Overall, nice episode :D
Nov 26, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
Did Mitty... Sing Satsugai in the beginning? :'D
Nov 26, 2012 6:15 PM
Jun 2008
hmm wonder expect love triangle going between shizuku, haru, & blonde guy?

asako seem got troubled past til shades guy come in scare the bully women & shizuku got fired for 6th time yea call the mom explain more shizuku more like her mom.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 26, 2012 7:04 PM

Aug 2011
D'awwwwwww, Yamaken. Poor dude ain't got a chance. And am I seeing Natsume and Mi-chan? Isn't Mi-chan like 20-something? Why can't we have Natsume and Sasayan? They're always together.
Nov 26, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2008
Never expected Natsume to like Haru's cousin.. o__e I want Sasayan for her~

Suzie said:
Also, tsundere Yamaken!! xD

LOL THIS. Tsundere guy falling for a tsundere girl. I wonder what will happen. 8D
Nov 26, 2012 7:40 PM

Aug 2011
HARU GOT COMPETITION.

Also Natsume is awesome.
Nov 26, 2012 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, though i still wonder where they will stop this considering the amount of episodes, them introducing Yamaken but not giving enough episodes to completely give his development...well its been great so far so i'll remain optimistic that they will pace it just fine.
Nov 26, 2012 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
I have long since fallen out of love with this show. Watching for dat Mitty.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 26, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Wait how did Haru - captain clueless - know that he loves her? WtF?
Nov 26, 2012 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Kurogashi said:
'Cause he had her pen, obviously. If someone drops a pen and you pick it up, it means you're hopelessly in love with them.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 26, 2012 9:06 PM

Jan 2012

lol, cant wait for next week!!!! ^.^ I'm loving this series! :D

Nov 26, 2012 9:09 PM

May 2009
This was a good episode. The only thing that bothered me was those girls going to the same place as Natsume and openly talking about her when they were just feet away from her and she allowing it to happen.

I know some anime characters have these little "sob stories" even though 99 percent of the time it isn't sad at all, just pathetic, like Natsume's. So she hangs out with mostly boys and they are pretty much being bitches about it. She needs to stop being a weak willed and weak minded and confront her. I mean seriously and now it seems like she might like that guy with the sunglasses for whatever reason now.
Nov 26, 2012 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
I was expecting those girls to be all "she only hangs out with guys, what a slut," but literally all they said was "she only hangs out with guys, that's kind of weird."
LoneWolf said:
Nov 26, 2012 9:46 PM
Sep 2012
OH, YEAH! Haru's got some completion.

Post-Josh said:
Kurogashi said:
'Cause he had her pen, obviously. If someone drops a pen and you pick it up, it means you're hopelessly in love with them.
Haru didn't know - which is why he asked him.

He thought that it was odd since that guy followed Shizuku to that spot just to give Haru her pen to give back to her. He then asked her how he got it in the first place and had a gut feeling.
Nov 26, 2012 9:55 PM
Oct 2012
Post-Josh said:
Kurogashi said:

That Yamaken cared to return the pen would have been a clue, he isn't exactly the type of character that would care enough to return something like that. Plus you are forgetting the previous episodes where Yamaken and Mitty were together, Haru has been paranoid about Yamaken for quite a while, much to Mitty's annoyance.

Haru is also the type of person who would blurt out something like that, even if there really wasn't a reason to think so. Haru is pretty much a two channel person, he doesn't have much in emotional shading going on, so various stages of like aren't available to him. He doesn't really think about other people (note that he has hit Mitty twice accidentally in his selfish rages), so he would automatically be suspicious of someone who can think of someone else (like returning a pen, could you honestly see Haru doing that for a friend, being clueless he would forget).

Haru also is in many ways an animal, and when it comes to Mitty (his one connection to humanity), he acts more like a dog than a human. So Mitty being friends with ANY male would attract his jealously.
Nov 26, 2012 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
I can see how you might explain it like that, but I still think it's uncharacteristic. That he would assume so much over a returned pen? I know people tend to be master detectives in anime, but that's no excuse.
JoshNov 26, 2012 9:59 PM
LoneWolf said:
Nov 26, 2012 10:06 PM
Feb 2008
Aw, I love Yamaken.
I'm starting to like this anime more and more. A couple episodes ago, I was hating it, but I feel like there is at least a BIT of progression!
I don't know how they're gonna do it in only 4 more episodes though...
can Shizuku finally get out of her studying addiction ._.
also, tbh, I don't hate Nastume and Mitsuyoshi?
I mean, clearly he's way older but idk they just ~work to me
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Reverse Harem?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM
May 2012
Spirai said:
ijen said:
I don't get just one thing!
Why every shoujo romance anime are so good?why can't a shounen anime be like that?(except clannad)
A great episode as always.
The one thing i noticed that shizuku is the most dumb one there.
haru may be a one way traffic but he is still pure.
9.5/10

She's not 'dumb', she's just never seen the option of balancing BOTH. It's pretty common actually. Some people with potential decide to only go after a career and never get into a relationship and so maybe one day, when they suddenly SEE it (for whatever reason) it hits them like a shock. Having something or not having it at all is very possible mindset that some people use when dealing with people and things in their life. Also, notice what she wants to do as a job. She also works at the store. For her, she's grown up around 'money or no money', 'sales or no sales', 'supplies or no supplies', 'buy it or don't' and etc. It was always one or the other. Even if she did balance money or something, it never hit her she could do the same thing with things in her life. She never had the time to try out the concept and therefore dismissed it as something that just wouldn't work out.

Ah!ah!testing!0,1,2,3....
I think you totally misunderstood me! when i said dumb i meant dumb! i didn't mean for her life consisting of only two choices!
i meants was, shizuku doesn't want to interact with others!but when she talks to someone even coldly he or gets attracted to her!but she totally has no clue and completely oblivious to it! in this sense she dumber than haru who always a one way traffic!!!
Nov 26, 2012 10:10 PM

Oct 2012
Decent episode imo! Yamaken "is that a problem?" Too cute! Haru is such a cutie though, he's my fave but I can't help but feel bad for Yamaken. I really need a couple to start dating.. I feel like nothing has really happened since the beginning of the series. There are 4 episodes left. They need to hurry up! lol
Nov 26, 2012 10:21 PM

Nov 2011
di-roy said:
I liked natsume's little flashback but the anime seems like its taking forever to get to the point for shizuku and haru to date. and now yamaken has feelings for her so its kinda fucking up the situation lol. decent episode.

couldn't fucking agree more, it's making me so frustrated.
tbh at this point I'd rather see Yamaken and Shizuku together. lol.
but it's good that he's now interfering cuz now Haru will make a move,
Nov 26, 2012 10:52 PM

Dec 2008
A pretty good episode, in terms of development. Yamaken's revelation to Haru seemed a bit sudden, though. Even with their characters, Haru asking him then seemed odd.

But man...they must have really run out of their animation budget this episode. Seriously, Yamaken looked like he was melting all over the screen in some scenes.
Nov 26, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2011
KoiShoudou said:
I liked natsume's little flashback but the anime seems like its taking forever to get to the point for shizuku and haru to date.

Nov 26, 2012 10:58 PM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
KoiShoudou said:
I liked natsume's little flashback but the anime seems like its taking forever to get to the point for shizuku and haru to date.

Will the blonde guy
Nov 26, 2012 11:06 PM

Nov 2011
AiCon said:
Stark700 said:
KoiShoudou said:

Will the blonde guy

Nov 26, 2012 11:12 PM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
AiCon said:
Stark700 said:
KoiShoudou said:

Will the blonde guy

Thanks. Will Shizuku have feelings for people other than Haru?

What about Natsume and the other guy she was having lunch with - huh, I think his name is Sasahara? Will they ever date or remain friends?
Nov 26, 2012 11:25 PM

Nov 2011
^

Nov 26, 2012 11:29 PM

Apr 2012
I don't like the fact that Haru is completely oblivious to things but some how knows Yamaken is in love with Shizuku just because he has her pen -_-. It's kind of annoying that sometimes Haru can be so intuitive, intelligent, and serious one second but then becomes a total ignoramus with a loose screw the next lol. He needs to man the fuk up D:

Nov 26, 2012 11:29 PM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
^

One more thing: Does poor Chizuru ever get a break?

And thanks for the spoilers:D
Nov 26, 2012 11:33 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I can't even remember that lol. I just remember that she causes a lot of drama between the duo even though she is quite shy.
Nov 26, 2012 11:33 PM
Sep 2012
Zeally said:
I don't like the fact that Haru is completely oblivious to things but some how knows Yamaken is in love with Shizuku just because he has her pen -_-. It's kind of annoying that sometimes Haru can be so intuitive, intelligent, and serious one second but then becomes a total ignoramus with a loose screw the next lol. He needs to man the fuk up D:
Jealousy, I guess?

Shizuku did lend it to that guy so that he could write down that stuff for her. Even if Haru didn't know that, he still knows that she trusted him enough to lend it to him. To add to things, that guy took the time to follow Shizuku to that place before giving it to Haru.

That could have been enough to raise suspicion for Haru.
Nov 26, 2012 11:34 PM
Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Tbh, I can't even remember that lol. I just remember that she causes a lot of drama between the duo even though she is quite shy.
Poor Chizuru. lol
Nov 26, 2012 11:53 PM

Apr 2012
This series kind of reminds me of Hana Yori Dango..

Pretty good episode, to bad Nagoya the rooster wasn't there. And why was Sasahara stuck on the math question? It was 1 - 2/3 . I mean they are in High School. =__=
Nov 27, 2012 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
I love this episode!
next episode is christmas *.*!!
Nov 27, 2012 2:46 AM
Aug 2012
Killing me softly.
Nov 27, 2012 2:48 AM

Oct 2010
yamaken is so cute. the way he give tsun act and how he have a bad sense of direction is really cute. ><
I think its good how yamaken fell in love with shizuku. this way, haru have to fight for her. >:)
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Nov 27, 2012 3:28 AM

May 2010
I am starting to like Yamaken x Shizuku more.Atleast he is serious for her.Haru is too carefree...He is in love with Shizuku one moment & not the next moment.
Nov 27, 2012 5:12 AM

Jun 2009
ahmed_great2005 said:
I am starting to like Yamaken x Shizuku more.Atleast he is serious for her.Haru is too carefree...He is in love with Shizuku one moment & not the next moment.

To me it seems that Shizuku just need to sort her feelings out. Haru is very honest with his feelings and it is very clear that he loves Shizuku. Everytime someone get closes to Shizuku ( most often Yamaken ) Haru get's very protective, but that's not the same with Shizuku when Chizuru comes close to Haru.

Nevertheless I don't mind Yamaken ending up with Shizuku. In my ideal scenario Haru ends up with Natsume, they are my two favorite characters, but we all know that that will never happen. I think that the chances of Haru and Shizuku ending together are like 98 %. I don't think the writers have the gust to take such a huge risk, because the majority likes this couple.

Only 3 episodes left and they are at chapter 13 of the manga. Actually whole this episode was chapter 13. I love that the anime stays very close to the manga, but I'm sad that they left out some thingies.
Nov 27, 2012 6:48 AM

Jun 2008
Mi-chan and Asako would make a great couple. Mitsuyoshi is very manly, grown-up, self-confident I think he likes her. She even started to blush a litte:)

That aside, it is episode 9 already. Haru and Mitty are not moving forward!
The episode felt a bit like a filler to me.

Yamaken-kun is a great character. Isn't it a little too late for him to fall in love with Mizutani? Well, love doesn't choose the time or place or whatsoever.
Nov 27, 2012 7:03 AM

Nov 2009
poor Natsume, hope she will find someone she truly likes, maybe Mitsuyoshi? But still, despite being a supportive char, she's one of my fav char this season.

I just took a look at the manga, the anime char designs are more attractive and beautiful than the manga, and even the atmosphere is more comfortable.
Nov 27, 2012 7:16 AM
Jan 2011
I kinda hate to say this, but Shizuka looks better in her school uniform than being in regular clothes that makes her look like a grandma.

Btw, doesn't Haru know that Crayfishes hibernate during winter, so that's why he can't catch any?
Nasty001Nov 27, 2012 7:31 AM
Nov 27, 2012 8:23 AM

Feb 2012
Nice episode.
Nov 27, 2012 8:24 AM
Jun 2011
This anime slowly reaches to the whole new level of stupidity. This episode was god-awful and annoying,and their relationship consists of 'I love you,or maybe i don`t..' To me this is one of the most annoying rom-coms i have seen..
Nov 27, 2012 8:25 AM
May 2012
Nasty001 said:
I kinda hate to say this, but Shizuka looks better in her school uniform than being in regular clothes that makes her look like a grandma.

yea i agree and they actually mentioned it in the series aswell...
Nov 27, 2012 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
poor Natsume, hope she will find someone she truly likes, maybe Mitsuyoshi? But still, despite being a supportive char, she's one of my fav char this season.

I just took a look at the manga, the anime char designs are more attractive and beautiful than the manga, and even the atmosphere is more comfortable.

This show does have a great direction. Maybe the best this season with Psycho-Pass.

Anyway, good character, great comedy, but mediocre romance at best, some relationships drag on for next to no reason (in 1 mont, Mitty hasn't thought about her relationship with Haru, how am I supposed to believe that). I don't really mind love triangles, but they are overused in this anime. I think it's still good, but it could have been way better.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.