Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Overman King Gainer Episode 26 Discussion

Nov 24, 2012 1:48 PM
Hitagi's Pet

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A fitting ending for a show that I only can describe as camp. They found a way to involve nearly the entire cast in the final battle in some meaningful way and somehow Tomino didn't kill any important characters.

However they left a ton of things unexplained or left half done: Gain's origin, the circumstances surrounding the death of Gainer's parents (yeah the ninja killed for oppposing the exodus but what else?) as well as the origin of the Overmen amongst others.

The comedy bits of the show were allright though, specially episode 17 and Gainer's 'confession'.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 2, 2013 3:59 AM
Only watched this because I played that Japanese game, where they mashed up all the mech shows that Sunrise worked on.

But yeah to many holes and unexplained plot lines and back ground stories.

Could have been better if it was a 52 episode series.

May 26, 2016 1:29 AM
Very nice and simple show, definitely one if Tomino's best.

Sep 9, 2017 7:21 AM

This show was weird, I basically hated most of the main characters and I didn't care one bit about the plight of the people on their Exodus, but it was still fun and addicting to watch. It had to be the pacing and the direction. Also, Cynthia's Overman was pretty cool.

For whatever reason they had Adette fall for the ninja and only gave best character Yassaba 4 episodes of screen time. This show would have been more bearable if those things didn't happen.