Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2012 7:00 AM

May 2009
Nov 24, 2012 7:09 AM
Nov 2012
Can't wait for the movie to come out and is there a trailer for it where it it has english subtitles.
Miyamoto Mushashi
The greatest swordsman under the heavens.
Nov 24, 2012 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, can't wait here either.
Nov 24, 2012 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
It looks like Okabe dies or goes missing, judging by how all the characters were wearing clothes befitting of a funeral. Makise Kurisu then tries to have this undone, somehow?

Anyone here who speaks Japanese translate what she's saying.
Nov 24, 2012 8:09 AM
Nov 2012
If okabe does die she will most defintely use time leap to save her. so okabe probaly won't be a main person in the movie that sucks. els prs congroo
Miyamoto Mushashi
Nov 24, 2012 8:19 AM

Jun 2009
Wait, does that mean Kurisu will be the protag? Sounds pretty cool, imo. Of course, the trailer could just be a trick or something.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 24, 2012 8:28 AM

Sep 2011
It looks like the creators of this movie spoke too soon, as there is going to be a new Stens;Gate VN http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/interest/2012-11-24/steins-gate-gets-new-ps3/xbox-360-game-next-spring

Which means, if it's a proper sequel and long enough, it could validate a season 2 of Steins;Gate. The new VN might have the movie's content in mind though.
Nov 24, 2012 8:57 AM

Feb 2009
oooooomggggggg

Trailer was laggy (uploading problem?) but ooomggg. Seems really depressing. Okabe is fantastic, but so is Kurisu so I'm fine with her being the protag.

Translation from Youtube:
Changing the past will affect the future. It’s a crueller thing than death. The proof of that life has all but vanished. Yet I cannot control my memories. “But that’s insane! If you don’t go, this can’t work!” But I’m a scientist, I have to act on theory and basis. I can’t act on my emotions alone. But I can’t forget all of that I’ve felt. I can’t forget that I’ve known you for so long, longer than I really have known you in this world. This is reality. This is the world Okabe… it hurts
Nov 24, 2012 9:06 AM

Oct 2012
Droplet said:
oooooomggggggg

Trailer was laggy (uploading problem?) but ooomggg. Seems really depressing. Okabe is fantastic, but so is Kurisu so I'm fine with her being the protag.

Changing the past will affect the future. It’s a crueller thing than death. The proof of that life has all but vanished. Yet I cannot control my memories. “But that’s insane! If you don’t go, this can’t work!” But I’m a scientist, I have to act on theory and basis. I can’t act on my emotions alone. But I can’t forget all of that I’ve felt. I can’t forget that I’ve known you for so long, longer than I really have known you in this world. This is reality. This is the world Okabe… it hurts

Thank you!!!
And yeah, the lag was weird, couldn't tell of it was the upload issue or that's how it's supposed to be.
Also, I was also thinking since the new VN will come out, I guess a 2nd season will come around. 2015 perhaps?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 24, 2012 9:38 AM

May 2012
Thanks for the translation Droplet.

Like most people predict(including me), Makise Kurisu might be the protaganist for the movie. Okabe probably died in the movie and Kurisu will back to to the past to change the future.

One thing for sure though, Okabe cannot die because without him,Steins Gate will never be the same.
Nov 24, 2012 10:24 AM
Apr 2011
Cresando said:
One thing for sure though, Okabe cannot die because without him,Steins Gate will never be the same.

I hope Okabe doesn't die completely, I'd be so sad :( and I don't want Kurisu to be sad either :P
Nov 24, 2012 11:07 AM
Nov 2012
Droplet said:
oooooomggggggg

thanks for the translition really hopes okabe doesen't without him steins gate has no reason to exist.

els pres congroo
Miyamoto Mushashi
Nov 24, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2012
firefistace123 said:

els pres congroo

Why do you say that instead of "El Psy Congroo"?
Just curious is all.

Nov 24, 2012 2:47 PM
Nov 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
Is it just me, or doesn't it kind of feel like, it's set in the timeline that Okabe eventually leaves, after bidding farewell to Kurisu and her trowing the bottle to him and them going to the station from the TV series?

I had always been wondering, what happens to the worlds after Okabe leaves them. (Kurisu even talks about that herself, but that point has been unresolved), does he just dissapear or is replaced by another one? Or does the "original" Okabe persona of the timeline return, which the traveling Okabe replaces?
Judging from the trailer it almost seems like he's just going to dissapear...?
Nov 24, 2012 2:53 PM

Aug 2011
Yeah, from the looks of it, Kurisu's probably going to try to save Okabe from something... maybe death or disappearance, since she says "Okabe... it hurts." This is further suggested by the title of the movie, "Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu." Deja vu means that it's already seen, which references the fact that Okabe was the one saving Mayuri and Kurisu and now he'll be the one getting saved.
Nov 24, 2012 3:20 PM
Oct 2010
I think the movie is going to follow Steins;Gate wordline based on the date that the PV shows. In the PV, we can see that the movie will be set in Akihabara 28.07.2011, almost one year after Steins;Gate. So, I dont believe it will actually show Alfa, Beta or even Gamma.
Nov 24, 2012 3:35 PM
Nov 2012
Tavor said:
firefistace123 said:

els pres congroo

Why do you say that instead of "El Psy Congroo"?
Just curious is all.

Must of spelled it wrong thanks.
els psy congroo
Miyamoto Mushashi
Nov 24, 2012 3:39 PM
Nov 2012

Thanks for the subbed verison made the trailer more awesome.
els psy congroo
Miyamoto Mushashi
Nov 24, 2012 5:41 PM

May 2009
firefistace123 said:
els psy congroo

EL not ELS
Nov 24, 2012 6:18 PM

Jun 2011
Tavor said:
Droplet said:
oooooomggggggg

Thank you!!!
And yeah, the lag was weird, couldn't tell of it was the upload issue or that's how it's supposed to be.
Also, I was also thinking since the new VN will come out, I guess a 2nd season will come around. 2015 perhaps?

The upcoming VN Steins;Gate Sengyou Kousoku no Phenogram (Linear Bounded Phenogram) is about the POV of all the lab members OTHER THAN Okabe during the main plot (or sub plots I might say).

shina_luna said:
Is it just me, or doesn't it kind of feel like, it's set in the timeline that Okabe eventually leaves, after bidding farewell to Kurisu and her trowing the bottle to him and them going to the station from the TV series?

I had always been wondering, what happens to the worlds after Okabe leaves them. (Kurisu even talks about that herself, but that point has been unresolved), does he just dissapear or is replaced by another one? Or does the "original" Okabe persona of the timeline return, which the traveling Okabe replaces?
Judging from the trailer it almost seems like he's just going to dissapear...?

In S;G there's no parallel universes. The world reconstructs itself whenever there is a time travel attempt.

And it seems that Okabe is really dead in the S;G worldline.
Some hint in Robotics;Notes:

SPOILER WARNING
KansokushaNov 24, 2012 6:48 PM
Nov 25, 2012 12:56 AM

Apr 2007
Tragic or Happy...they sure know how to hype things up...damn bastards
Nov 25, 2012 1:02 AM

Jun 2009

I think Okabe died in this movie... I mean, look at the lack of Okabe and the number of... Black clothing(funeral)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2012 1:19 AM
Nov 2012
"Okabe.... It hurts"

Can you just rip my heart out already? Had to release the trailer so early. Id die before it gets released on BR
Nov 25, 2012 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Kansokusha said:
Tavor said:
Droplet said:
oooooomggggggg

Thank you!!!

The upcoming VN Steins;Gate Sengyou Kousoku no Phenogram (Linear Bounded Phenogram) is about the POV of all the lab members OTHER THAN Okabe during the main plot (or sub plots I might say).

Ah, thanks for that information!

Nov 25, 2012 11:14 PM

Apr 2007
So which months are spring 2013 again T__T?
Nov 26, 2012 7:48 PM

Jun 2012
Holy shit.
Nov 26, 2012 10:07 PM

Feb 2009
Hopefully the ending is a happy one. I trust the S;G team as they always deliver, so I have total faith in them to make a fantastic movie, but it'd be a shame if the ending was a depressing one after the hopeful ending for Kurisu/Okabe at the end of the TV series (the OVA was icing on the cake, even if it wasn't a part of the VN).
Nov 26, 2012 11:39 PM

Apr 2007
The real question is...when are they gonna sub this ??????
Nov 30, 2012 3:52 PM
Jul 2012
Okabe entered Steins;Gate in which not Kurisu but he dies.
Kurisu know show to build the time machine.
Kurisu says in the video she can't let her emotions overtake her.
She still decides to use the time machine and prevent Okabes death.
She saves Okabe and enters fourth time line.
They reunite, creating the best anime scene ever known to mankind.
Dec 3, 2012 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
I hope this movie turns out well!

BTW is their a confirmed release date?
Dec 11, 2012 6:59 AM

Apr 2007
"Upgraded" and SUBBED trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR27pVnSDgo&list=UL
CEMPUNKDec 19, 2012 11:21 PM
Dec 12, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2012
Kansokusha said:

Sounds interesting. What's your Sauce?
Dec 13, 2012 1:10 AM
Jul 2010
Damn, dirty mind ruined this for me...
Dec 13, 2012 1:22 AM

Dec 2009
AH~ MA GAWD!!! I can't wait!!!~ sunavobitch
Dec 14, 2012 4:21 AM

Dec 2010
It seems that it will be one amazing movie!! Cant wait
Dec 19, 2012 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that trailer just impressed me. I'm stoked.
Dec 20, 2012 10:26 AM

Oct 2011
I really feel like the movie will be at least decent compared to the series. Can't wait.
Jan 1, 2013 8:09 PM

Mar 2010
CEMPUNK said:
So which months are spring 2013 again T__T?

March to May
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jan 2, 2013 1:41 AM

Jul 2012
I really hope this movie has a happy ending. I've already seen almost everybody in the TV series die...I can't handle anymore sorrow...
"Ally to good, nightmare for you."
Jan 2, 2013 6:26 PM
Jul 2011
Steins;Gate IS the happy ending to this story.

This is the story of divergence 0% - The world that went wrong. Steins;Gate was the story of how Okabe averted this world.
-------------------------------------------
Still waiting for MOAR HARUHI!
Jan 6, 2013 10:24 AM

May 2012
I was hoping for something more light hearted like the OVA, but it looks like it'll be dead-fuckin-serious.

Oh well, i'll watch it either way! Steins Gate is my favorite anime of the past couple years!
Jan 12, 2013 8:41 AM
Dec 2010
I guess I'm a couple of days too late because the videos seem to be down :(
Jan 12, 2013 8:46 AM

Oct 2012
Yappie said:
I guess I'm a couple of days too late because the videos seem to be down :(

From page 2 of this thread:
CEMPUNK said:
"Upgraded" and SUBBED trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR27pVnSDgo&list=UL

Jan 16, 2013 2:37 PM
Dec 2012
In the trailer where Kurisu is remembering her times with Okabe, we could see scenes taken from the anime. So, I was wondering if they will recreate those scenes before putting them into the movie or will they leave it the way it is.
I hope they recreate them to maintain the consistency of animation.
Mar 30, 2013 6:03 AM

Apr 2012
I think the movie is going to be about Kurisu experiencing Déjà vu..obviously taken from the title....little by little Kurisu is forgetting about the moments he spent with Okabe..that's why at the end of the trailer she says "Okabe, it hurts"..if anyone watched the anime,,there is an episode where Mayuri and Okabe talks about the timelines//forgotten memories..and that it would hurt a lot to forget those memories, not just to the person that is forgotten, but also the one experiencing the loss of memories....the only thing we don't know is...how it will turn out...to those saying that steins;gate is a timeline that is perfect(meaning without sad endings..you are wrong) Steins;Gate is a timeline where everything is unexpected..no way of knowing what happens next.....I don't think that this story is going to be about Okabe dying or anyone dying....Let's just pray that the directors of the film will not torture us with a tragic ending
Mar 31, 2013 11:12 AM
Mar 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZ8HStKCgs

2nd trailer

seems to be about okabe disappearing as a side effect of abusing the time leap machine and kurisu building one to save him
Apr 17, 2013 11:23 PM

Dec 2012
Can't wait!

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

10 by Uzumaki_Itachi_ »»
Apr 22, 6:40 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

430 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 20, 2:45 AM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.