Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 290 Discussion

Nov 23, 2012 5:19 AM

Those of you saying it's bad animation need to get a grip, this is clearly one of the best animated episodes in a VERY LONG WHILE even though the story is 'lame, crap, sucks' and also the art style being different, compare this episode to previous ones and you will see what some of us are talking about.

I'd be happy because I would actually start enjoying Naruto like I used to when I first started watching the series.

Nov 23, 2012 11:32 AM

This is the first filler I enjoyed! Don't know why you're hating so much. The battles were really good and the "side story" was also fine.

Nov 23, 2012 1:55 PM

why hidan? =.= isnt kabuto standing on the surface of the big reservoir? imo he should "make" kisame~

kralle777 said:

Jouten said:

Also, when did Hidan actually die? I thought he was doomed to be a severed immortal head in a hole the rest of his miserable existence.

He died very slowly from lack of nutrition.

but a person that kabuto is 'creating' does not have to be dead (it is not edo tensei). he uses his snakes to adapt any human dna and then he let them grow into a human.

and i suppose hidan wont die just because of lack of nutrition >.<

Nov 23, 2012 2:18 PM

not bad for a filler, but it feels like a movie.

Nov 23, 2012 2:33 PM

Episode was very good,i really enjoyed it.
How can you say that the animation sucks when its 5x better than in actual story!

Nov 23, 2012 2:43 PM

That was really nice, probably the best naruto filler ep I've seen. Hopefully the arc is good.

Nov 23, 2012 2:45 PM

It'll probably have a better story line than the real thing lmao. Anyways, I am still hopeful they get back on track soon... need more content for the storm 3 game coming out in march.

Nov 23, 2012 3:12 PM

Considering it has all the features of filler, it expands on the point of war being a pile of crap for civilians as well.

There were good filler ARCs in the original Naruto as well. So I'm hoping for a great story line on this one.

Summer 2011's filler was pathetic... I hope they don't make the same mistake twice!

Nov 23, 2012 3:28 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Enough said.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka

Nov 23, 2012 10:09 PM

Was pretty interesting imo. I thought Hidan didn't die, how can he be ressurected?

Nov 23, 2012 10:40 PM
Icebreaker93 said:
WTF going on with this show .They must cancel this anime like Bleach bcs ppl don't want to watch fillers.
Naruto manga have 1 year and half life but anime is already dead bcs of the stupid fillers.

You know instead of saying that the anime needs to be canceled, why not just stop watching it, if you dislike it so much, it shouldn't be that hard.

It always amazes me when people claim that something should be canceled, just because they don't like when something happens. if people really want an anime or manga to end so badly why not just stop watching it, its not like anyone is forcing you to watch it.

Nov 23, 2012 10:44 PM
skaarah said:
Jouten said:
Stop complaining, people, open your mind and give this episode a chance. It isn't that bad!

Ummm but it is that bad. I watched it all the way through. Naruto fillers are painfully awful. The least they could do is finish an arc. I'm just about to give up on the anime and read the manga instead. Which is disappointing because Naruto has some of the best animation I've ever seen in an anime.

If you haven't watched this episode yet, don't. It's not worth your time.

You do realize that this is just your opinion right?

Nov 23, 2012 11:41 PM

First half - super cool!

Second half... OMG. I could barely care less...
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!

Nov 24, 2012 1:41 AM

Ok i'm usually not one to get anal about these fillers but omfg wtf man....first off it goes to an irrelevant time...then in the middle of the fight it goes to a WHOOOOLE nother story....and on top of that...the animation looked so awful....truely it was bullshit...

Nov 24, 2012 3:34 AM

This looks like a good filler arc, but I don't understand how this adds up with the main story. At what period in the series is this taking place exactly?
Btw, correct if I'm wrong, but isn't Hidan supposed to be still alive (only with his head chopped off and buried)?
Modified by Hatul, Nov 24, 2012 3:39 AM

Nov 24, 2012 6:27 PM

Mhm, this episode didn't continue with the war but I actually liked this episode^^ Though I am confused as to when this episode/arc is taking place.. :\ Like some others, I felt more like I was watching a Naruto Shippuuden movie than an episode^^
[center][center][center][center]

Nov 24, 2012 10:52 PM

The art is so much better this episode and I hope they keep up with this kind of animation from now on. Actually looks good for a filler. Just my opinion though.

Nov 26, 2012 2:15 AM

Not that crappy artwork and animation style again. And wtf is wrong with Kabuto? That's NOT fucking Kabuto!

The story with the little kids was kind of touchy though.
Modified by Monad, Nov 26, 2012 2:31 AM

Nov 26, 2012 2:43 AM

HATUL300 said:
This looks like a good filler arc, but I don't understand how this adds up with the main story. At what period in the series is this taking place exactly?
Btw, correct if I'm wrong, but isn't Hidan supposed to be still alive (only with his head chopped off and buried)?

I think that arcs appears before the episode "Storage", the meeting between Kabuto and Tobi, because I think Kabuto wanted to be sure, that he perfected his Technique, before he faces Tobi.
I think he just recreated Hidan. The real hidan is still alive buried somewhere in a forest.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!

Nov 26, 2012 5:26 AM

Yes we all know it's a filler.
We'll have fillers until the end of Christmas.

WTH! Hidan's naked as the day he was born.
Seriously, 3/4 of the episode had some strange ppl that we don't know.

Nov 26, 2012 7:20 AM

The animation was good but the story bored me. Reminded me of one of the Shippuuden movies.

Nov 26, 2012 10:06 AM

Kyube said:
HATUL300 said:

I think that arcs appears before the episode "Storage", the meeting between Kabuto and Tobi, because I think Kabuto wanted to be sure, that he perfected his Technique, before he faces Tobi.
I think he just recreated Hidan. The real hidan is still alive buried somewhere in a forest.

a person that kabuto is 'creating' does not have to be dead (it is not edo tensei). kabuto uses his snakes to adapt any human dna and then he let them grow into a human. :)

Nov 26, 2012 11:48 AM

Funny how the earlier postt always talkk aboutt this being a filler
Thiss ppll hate fillers yet they are still one of the very first to watch itt lol
thiss arcc was presented reallyy great, the 2nd was a bit boring must say
How did kabuto perfected the edo tensei? Thiss arc might hold the answer

Nov 26, 2012 6:02 PM

The animation was weird but filler or not, I think this may have some potential. I teared up at the end.

Nov 27, 2012 2:34 PM

So I was planning on watching an episode of Naruto but ended up with something trying to be Grave of the Fireflies.

Well, I enjoyed that film I guess so I'll see how this goes...

Nov 27, 2012 7:42 PM

They should have just done this filler before Naruto went to the island. SO this filler would be kind of canon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 28, 2012 7:09 PM

I don't understand how anyone can be criticizing the animation in this episode.. It was great..

Nov 30, 2012 3:57 PM

That was different. Can't tell if I like this filler arc yet.

Dec 6, 2012 12:00 AM

For me this filler and animation was good first half was better deidara's clay jutsu awesome as always kabuto looked too weird for me,why hidan is naked lol.

Dec 15, 2012 3:47 AM

Am i the only one who doesn't understand how did Yamato get free?
あらあら。。。

Dec 20, 2012 9:29 PM
it seems not only me everyone thinks this was=wow what awesome animation it looked crisp clear and lot of detail and hard work was show in the story also the fight seance was fantastic :3 i love every bit of it each character looked so great specially Naruto.i also love the story and the plot was solid its like a shippuuden movie.i love Leo an Minna they are so cute cried for them and last i cried with them of the only joy they got,damn you kabuto(but he is a fantastic villain)this makes sense kabuto is still trying to perfect edo tensei.and it happens after Naruto became the hero of the village which is a+++++

Dec 20, 2012 9:31 PM
kevsterr95 said:
good filler for me, very sad and the last part made me cry happy tears :')

anyone know if this is before naruto gets his nine tails cloak or after?
this happens after naruto became the hero of his village.clues-he knows nagato
tsunades hokage room.

Jan 22, 2013 11:00 AM

I feel like this was a potential movie that was ultimately rejected but they made a few episodes out of it or something. I don't see why it has this animation quality otherwise. It's weird.

Jan 23, 2013 1:05 PM

These fillers are making less and less sense.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.

Jan 30, 2013 10:07 PM

why do I even bother.

PUNIPUNI
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Jan 31, 2013 7:21 AM

yeah...animation is a bit different, more fluid and movie-like art, in simple terms animation/art is better than the prev fillers...

Feb 1, 2013 7:51 PM

IkaMusumechan said:
Am i the only one who doesn't understand how did Yamato get free?

You mean from Kabuto during the War? Well, this filler happened before the war began, like a flashback...It's the time when Kabuto was collecting dead dudes for his Edo Tensei...

And what's up with Kabuto looking like the boy from Ano Hana/Ano Natsu ? Was this supposed to be a crossover ep? "Ano Naruto" ?

Modified by asgardian, Feb 1, 2013 9:16 PM

Feb 9, 2013 8:12 PM

PrometheusZero said:
So I was planning on watching an episode of Naruto but ended up with something trying to be Grave of the Fireflies.

Well, I enjoyed that film I guess so I'll see how this goes...

So I'm not the only one. I was confused about how the episode suddenly went all Grave of the Fireflies. I mean, I actually enjoyed it, but...this isn't Naruto at all. This filler might not be all filler-like as usual, but delivers more background information. Still, the timing to put in that arc is...meh.

Jul 20, 2013 7:22 AM

It got my interest.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.

Aug 21, 2014 10:52 AM

The art quality was so bad I thought I was on deviant art

Dec 7, 2014 2:13 AM
Seriously, what the fuck is this?!?! They inserted this filler arc like it's fucking part of the main story.
Seriously, they are ruining the war arc's momentum by doing all these fucking fillers!!
And what's up with them?? They look like freaking kids!! Though, I kinda like this filler since the "hole" looks like a nice place to live in, and that little girl is just cute *^*
Fat guy was brave.

Apr 1, 2015 7:53 AM

Nice episode, thought I think this arc was a bit uncalled for.
I mean, they are implying that Deidara and Itachi and etc had already been "revived" by Kabuto before the war began. I know, it makes sense that he is researching the Edo Tensei technique, but it just feels a bit... off.

I mean, the episode was beautiful, with those 2 kids and their sensei and dem feels, but it just felt strange.
Anyway, on to the next one

Oh, and this:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Apr 19, 2015 6:33 PM

sil3nt_own3r said:
its not that bad it gave me the feeling of watching a shippuuden movie
Yeah it felt like that to me too, although of course that means it doesn't fit in the timeline anywhere.

Aug 15, 2015 5:02 AM

Not bad for filler, decent fight scenes, nice bringing back some memorable characters.

Anyone else notice the guy Sakura punches is the guy from the chunin exam arc. Hes the one who finds out that the hidden sand and kabuto are working together but is killed by the hidden sand guy who uses a wind blade.

Only real problem with this filler is that I cant seem to fit in the main storyline anywhere.

Aug 22, 2015 10:36 PM
WHAT IN THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED..... PLEASE EXPLAIN....

289 ends in the middle of the war , naruto & 8 tales on their way over....
Then 290 almost seems like after the war... Should I be watching one of the movies....

Did I miss episodes.... I never seen someone dig up that guys Syth .... Wtf wtf

Aug 26, 2015 8:42 PM

"There's nothing here, did the robbers?"
What Si, did the robbers perhaps..... Rob?? Lol

Pretty good for filler, animation was nice. Also looks like we will get some good action.

Kinda like Naruto meets Zombie Apocalypse.

Oct 17, 2015 7:14 AM

Very nice filler! There was action, and the plot is ok. I love that poor kids <3 They are so cute!

Nov 7, 2015 4:36 PM

I'm really hooked on this filler arc, nice change of art style and amazing animation with a good story, bring it on!!

Jun 8, 2016 1:54 PM

i feel like this came outta nowhere. i was confused. great animation.. looked different. randomly checked out of the war and gave us this mission and these kids. idgi but w/e

Sep 5, 2016 2:22 PM

Good episode. Got some action and some emotional moments by the end

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »