Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2012 1:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"World Without Lies" is the first episode in this series that's good. It turns the premise of the Newype on it's head. Now everyone can hear everyone's thoughts, but the results can be not what you expect.

Gainer's confession to the world about how he feels about Sara was absolutely hilarious and her reaction was so cute.

It does seem that the ninja dude might have had a hand in the tragic fate of Gainer's parents. Maybe something of consequence for the last third of the show.
FarabeufAug 2, 2019 4:04 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2016
You know, when i played through this mission in SRW Z, i thought nothing could possibly one-up the confession scene.

Now i know nothing could possibly beat the original. What an amazing scene.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Oct 12, 2016 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
GhostofSide6 said:
You know, when i played through this mission in SRW Z, i thought nothing could possibly one-up the confession scene.

It's so good. Whenever you have one those generic series were the protagonists cannot bring themselves to say how they feel I with this power could be transposed to them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 6, 2017 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
Farabeuf said:
GhostofSide6 said:

It's so good. Whenever you have one those generic series were the protagonists cannot bring themselves to say how they feel I with this power could be transposed to them.
So Gainer x Sara happens?
Aug 18, 2020 6:49 PM

Feb 2017
This was a really great episode. They took a standard trope and really turned it on its head. I can't wait to see if this has lasting consequences.
Jan 12, 2022 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
This show continues to be pretty amazing! You can feel how much Tomino and his team were having fun making it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overman King Gainer Episode 18 Discussion

Farabeuf - Nov 22, 2012

4 by Raxivace »»
Apr 9, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Overman King Gainer Episode 26 Discussion

Farabeuf - Nov 24, 2012

11 by TrevRockOne »»
Mar 1, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Overman King Gainer Episode 20 Discussion

Farabeuf - Nov 23, 2012

2 by Coolzweg2 »»
Jul 14, 2022 5:18 AM

Poll: » Overman King Gainer Episode 19 Discussion

Farabeuf - Nov 23, 2012

2 by Unowen »»
Apr 18, 2022 6:18 AM

Poll: » Overman King Gainer Episode 10 Discussion

Farabeuf - Nov 18, 2012

3 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 27, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.