Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 26, 2012 8:33 AM

Oct 2009
i think the blank page was something else. the hacker isn't causing the lag, since the lag happens on a semi-regular basis
Nov 26, 2012 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I heard the gore shit is back. I'm staying off the forums so I don't have a mental breakdown.
Nov 26, 2012 8:36 AM

Oct 2010
ihateeveryone said:
I addblocked and see nothing so I am safe! ha!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 26, 2012 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
well, i used image block. but yeah, that's what i suggest for all club staff who have been hit. enable the image block and delete the posts. that's what i been doing in one club all morning
Jul 2018
Yumekichi11 said:
sadly the addblock doesn't work for me.. but I feel also responsible for the members of my clubs so.. I'm putting myself through this and think of a way to avoid this at least in my clubs..

May 2012
Chibitan said:
PlotExMachina said:
As of now, those two have hit nearly 40k topics - that's more than 10% the amount of topics on MAL. I don't even want to imagine how many people saw the images.
Can't the admins, like, lock all the topics? Just to control the damage for now.
Definitelly too many.. and I can say for sure those pictures aren't nice to look at.. I'm offended to have seen such pictures.. this are the times where I wish I finished my informatic study and could go kick such people in their damn ass...

for reference: those who don't know about this nicks.. this nicks also seem to belong to the hacker:
KobaKoba
Holzy

I puked in own my mouth when i saw them. You dont know when they're coming and it's fucking disgusting! Whoever runs the site where those pictures come from are sick and disturbed individuals!
Nov 26, 2012 8:50 AM
Feb 2012
pavli4ka8 said:
AlphaDelta said:
I think the MAL system is generally messed up. I'm not sure about everyone else but whenever I keep refreshing these pages, it keeps changing every time.

Same here! I go to my profile and it shows that I was LAST ONLINE YESTERDAY @__@

MAL system needs to shutdown,or from all of those gore images,someone is gonna trow up!

Yes. I tried it a couple of times. Whenever I logged out, it keeps saying I'm still online. Which is not true. It appears that no admin or moderator is online right at this minute, which is rather inconvenient.

IcecreamManwich said:
AlphaDelta said:
VioLink said:
Ban*

For some reason I can edit my post.

I think the MAL system is generally messed up. I'm not sure about everyone else but whenever I keep refreshing these pages, it keeps changing every time.

IcecreamManwich said:
AlphaDelta said:

I can understand how a lot of people may suffer because of these brutal images, but do not worry, he/she will face the consequences.

Obviously not because they give him ample leeway to just keep on doing what he's doing!!

I'm not really sure what you mean, but I apologise if I caused you any offence.^^

I agree that the MAL system needs a shutdown.

Oh you definitely did not, sorry for that misunderstanding. I'm just getting tired of this asshole fucking up the site.

Who knows what he'll hijack next? Our e-mails and personal infomation? I only hope the mods can take care of this once and for all! Just like a high school bully who messes you up when he's bored, ignoring him wont help.

That's alright. I was concerned that whilst I was trying to calm everyone down it had the opposite effect. =)

Yes...thinking it over, perhaps ignoring him/her won't have any effect. Although, I am choosing to log out until the matter is dealt with.

It might actually be a good idea if we all log out?

This individual may hijack other accounts, including mine. So I'm going to log out for indefinite now and come away for a good while.

Just be at ease (easier said and done I can understand) and let the admins and moderators handle the situation.

Chibitan said:
Yumekichi11 said:
sadly the addblock doesn't work for me.. but I feel also responsible for the members of my clubs so.. I'm putting myself through this and think of a way to avoid this at least in my clubs..

Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure the club members will understand.
Nov 26, 2012 8:55 AM

Mar 2010
Wtf if I click on 10th page I just got returned back to fist.
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick
It can pierce through dust
No matter how thick...
Nov 26, 2012 8:57 AM

Aug 2012
Wow... All of that is becoming really scaring. We'd better change our password, one never knows.
Nov 26, 2012 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
AlphaDelta said:

Chibitan said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure the club members will understand.
Well now I'm doing a very desperate plan.. I save the first posts and the card requests of the members and delete ALL threads there are in the club until this incident is resolved.. I hope it does work though..
Nov 26, 2012 9:00 AM

May 2012
AlphaDelta said:
IcecreamManwich said:
AlphaDelta said:
VioLink said:
Ban*

For some reason I can edit my post.

IcecreamManwich said:
AlphaDelta said:

I can understand how a lot of people may suffer because of these brutal images, but do not worry, he/she will face the consequences.

Obviously not because they give him ample leeway to just keep on doing what he's doing!!

I'm not really sure what you mean, but I apologise if I caused you any offence.^^

I agree that the MAL system needs a shutdown.

Oh you definitely did not, sorry for that misunderstanding. I'm just getting tired of this asshole fucking up the site.

Who knows what he'll hijack next? Our e-mails and personal infomation? I only hope the mods can take care of this once and for all! Just like a high school bully who messes you up when he's bored, ignoring him wont help.

That's alright. I was concerned that whilst I was trying to calm everyone down it had the opposite effect. =)

Yes...thinking it over, perhaps ignoring him/her won't have any effect. Although, I am choosing to log out until the matter is dealt with.

It might actually be a good idea if we all log out?

This individual may hijack other accounts, including mine. So I'm going to log out for indefinite now and come away for a good while.

Just be at ease (easier said and done I can understand) and let the admins and moderators handle the situation.

Yup that's what i'm doing. Just log out and stay off the site for the rest of the day.

In most cases i would say ignoring the guy would help (eg "Trolls") but this is a pretty aggressive hacker we're dealing with. Harder measures need to be taken ;)
who_dat_ninjaNov 26, 2012 9:09 AM
Nov 26, 2012 9:02 AM
Aug 2011
IcecreamManwich said:
Chibitan said:
PlotExMachina said:
As of now, those two have hit nearly 40k topics - that's more than 10% the amount of topics on MAL. I don't even want to imagine how many people saw the images.
Can't the admins, like, lock all the topics? Just to control the damage for now.
Definitelly too many.. and I can say for sure those pictures aren't nice to look at.. I'm offended to have seen such pictures.. this are the times where I wish I finished my informatic study and could go kick such people in their damn ass...

for reference: those who don't know about this nicks.. this nicks also seem to belong to the hacker:
KobaKoba
Holzy

I puked in own my mouth when i saw them. You dont know when they're coming and it's fucking disgusting! Whoever runs the site where those pictures come from are sick and disturbed individuals!

I was browsing in the news when I saw Koba account multiple times, so I thought it's spam and went to check it out... And that's the last time I scroll fast. Probably one of the first victims.
Is it just me or are those account slowing down? Last of them in news was from 15 minutes ago.
Nov 26, 2012 9:18 AM

Aug 2012
Did you guys considered fixing the avatar problem?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 26, 2012 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Marhuto said:
Did you guys considered fixing the avatar problem?
Considering the things happening I don't really care about the avatar fixing problem.. I would appreciate those gore pictures to stop rather than the avatar fix..
Nov 26, 2012 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
I keep getting logged out whenever I try to change my password from the "new password request".
also logged back in and logged out etcetc.
and yes I was affected by the KobaKoba hack on one of my posts.

and it's been a while now but MAL is slow in firefox. I use chrome for MAL though.
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜Σ(´∀`;)βακα..._φ(゚∀゚ )アヒャ・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Nov 26, 2012 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
the posts are still going on.... i just saw another 2 by KobaKoba and Holzy in the support forums, updated minutes ago.

It will probably be a matter of time before this post is spammed too.

Nov 26, 2012 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
is it me or it's getting worse TvT
I barely can loggin now...
Nov 26, 2012 9:57 AM

Jul 2011
HinoKahoko said:

just keep reloading and eventually you will log back in.

Nov 26, 2012 10:02 AM

Dec 2011
Predelnik said:
Wtf if I click on 10th page I just got returned back to fist.

The same thing is happening to me too.
Nov 26, 2012 10:02 AM
Jan 2011
It looks like it got hacked again, co'z I seems to find MLA-TE's other forum discussion, like the forum discussion for ep.20 and ep.21.
Nov 26, 2012 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
The hacker posted in my Takarajima episode discussion threads, and... I saw them. I shall be able to sleep tonight.
Nov 26, 2012 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
SSJmaster needs to stop thowing a baby tantrum.

Almost threw up this moring when i saw it in the mobile suit gundam page. Where are the mods? I reported the posts multiple times. Wonder if safari has imageblock

Edit: it does, will be turning off images for this site till its all resolved and the spammer is stopped
ariamachiNov 26, 2012 10:32 AM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Nov 26, 2012 10:46 AM

Jan 2012
The spam has been stopped and cleaned up.

My only hope is that they don't compromise more accounts and hit us again in a few days time.

We don't know if SSJ stole user details from the database on the initial breach, so I'd recommend that everyone change their password as a precaution.
I changed mine the moment this restore was done.
Nov 26, 2012 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Seems like the hacker is just targeting more active clubs and threads.. inactive threads/clubs don't seem to be that effected as active ones.
Nov 26, 2012 10:58 AM

Jul 2011
I recommend you clear your browser history for the past day or two, if you saw the gore.

The images might be downloaded and saved in your cache without you knowing.

Nov 26, 2012 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
minfremi said:
I recommend you clear your browser history for the past day or two, if you saw the gore.

The images might be downloaded and saved in your cache without you knowing.
I did that right after I cleared the clubs x.x I think I'll never forget those pictures anymore..
Nov 26, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
Chibitan said:
Seems like the hacker is just targeting more active clubs and threads.. inactive threads/clubs don't seem to be that effected as active ones.
Not true. I saw some club threads with very few posts get ruined. Also, none of the recent forum games were hit.

I think they were just running scripts to just run through the forums and post in every thread it finds.
Nov 26, 2012 11:31 AM

Oct 2012
I'm sort of use these pictures from browsing 4chan years ago.. I don't think it is something I should be proud of .. haha oh wells, my favorite's list was reset... le sigh, 2nd time now xD
Nov 26, 2012 11:52 AM
Nov 26, 2012 12:33 PM

Feb 2012
Chibitan said:
My thread was inactive for a few months and it got attacked, dude attacked my profile as well, ive seen similar attacks in September on Mangafox but i dont think ill ever get those pics out of my head. I can take gruesome stuff but some of pics...damn.
Nov 26, 2012 12:35 PM
Sep 2012
Whew! Thanks god! It's good to be back! I almost lost myself knowing that our club was one of the victim of this damn hacker....I've better be thankful nothing change to my account..
>_< damn that hacker I can't eat my meals after watching those annoying picture !
Nov 26, 2012 12:50 PM

Nov 2012
Awww man, a ton of stuff from my watchlist is gone! I spent a lot of time putting that together!

I guess it couldn't be helped, but major bummer. :(
Nov 26, 2012 1:07 PM

Sep 2011
I couldn't log in till I changed my password I wonder if this was the problem :/?
Nov 26, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
Xinil said:
Earlier this morning, a vulnerability in MyAnimeList's code was targeted by an anonymous hacker. This resulted in a number of deleted accounts and forum threads/posts.

We've pinpointed the targeted area and patched the bug. Unfortunately, enough data was removed that we felt it was necessary to revert all data to our most recent backup (from this morning.)

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please bear with us as we better secure the site against malicious internet trolls.

Oh no! Thank you for letting us know what happened.
Nov 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Jun 2012
Thank you based mods.
Nov 26, 2012 10:52 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
(Re-post: I cleaned up some comments too because I'd like as many people to see this post as possible)

To update everyone.

As is probably obvious, the database restore was not the end of things. Many of you have encountered gore images and lost your favourites over the course of the last few days. However, we are continuing to work at stopping and preventing this. The re-direct he was using to make you delete your own favourites will no longer work, and as far as we know, he has not found any new techniques to hack user accounts.

However, if you have not changed your password since the restore, PLEASE DO. Your account may still hold the possibility of being compromised! Some of you in certain ID ranges will have had your password changed forcefully by us in efforts to keep the hacker from using your accounts. Do not change this back to your old password or there will have been no point in us doing this.

If you see the hacker spamming the forum/clubs/comments, the best thing to do is get off MAL and join our IRC channel. If the channel isn't already discussing it, then you may want to message/beep either Luna_, saka or myself if you truly think you are the first to notice and let us know what you've seen. Posting here, creating new threads, or commenting on the hacked account profiles is much less effective and makes it hard for us to pick out the important posts admist the (justifiable) rants and woes.

- If you find any gore posts that have yet to be cleaned up, please post in this thread.
- To recover your lost favourites, please see here.
- And in efforts to save your eyes, please read this post.

Thanks for bearing through this with us.
KinetaNov 26, 2012 10:55 PM
Nov 27, 2012 4:21 AM

Aug 2008
phew! just knew about this today. was out for school the whole morning so i didnt know! O: thankfully my account's still alive. i'd be frustrated if it were. really.
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Nov 27, 2012 7:42 AM

Aug 2012
seems like there's more and more attacks recently...
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Nov 27, 2012 9:02 AM

Aug 2012
Thanks to all the hard work of the DB administrators. No more nasty pictures!! I was a bit shocked - didn't realise it was going on until I clicked on a thread and saw what was happening yesterday. Changed my password :)
A house is made from bricks and stones but a home is made from love alone!
Nov 27, 2012 11:02 AM
Nov 2011
Is the user's sensitive data (password/login) stored in plain text, or is it hashed? And if so, is it just MD5, or something stronger? I guess I will keep the random/unique password :p
Nov 27, 2012 12:04 PM
Sep 2012
Hey Xinil, PM me with the details; I started wildcarding around unix/linux systems since I was 13.
I have a certain nack for this kind of thing.
Nov 27, 2012 1:35 PM

Jun 2010
Thankyou for your effort <3
My parents always taught me not to talk to strangers............Well, that went well didnt it?
Nov 27, 2012 6:43 PM
Sep 2011
cool
Nov 28, 2012 1:33 AM

Oct 2012
I hope everything is running fine from now on :D
Nov 28, 2012 2:25 AM
Feb 2012
Just food for thought. To prevent any spamming on clubs from the previous encounter by the hacker, would it not be a good idea for the requests to join clubs to be pending, or give the clubs an option to pend? This way the club owner can decide whether or not they want this user in question ti join their respective fanclub? It won't prevent the spamming on threads, but it might prevent spamming on clubs.^^

Either way, thank you Kineta, Luna and all staff members for sorting out the problem. =)
AlphaDeltaZetaNov 28, 2012 5:29 AM
Nov 28, 2012 3:19 AM

Sep 2012
Sorry if this is a dupe: all my favorites went away.
Nov 28, 2012 12:29 PM

Aug 2012
Squchan01 said:
Still waiting for my acc to be back.. I feel left out..

What seems to be the problem?

The only way your account can be permanently deleted (AFAIK) is if you created it some time on november 21st between 2:30AM and 1:30PM

I also read somewhere that the administrators changed certain members passwords as a proactive measure, so if you're just receiving a "wrong password" notification when you log in, you should check your email to see if MAL sent you something concerning a password change.

Edit: It'd be helpful if you gave us the name of your old account.
GoryoNov 28, 2012 12:34 PM
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 28, 2012 5:39 PM

Apr 2012
My guestbook is full of gore pictures. Can please please some mod delete them and ban this user please please.

Feeling weird right now.
Nov 28, 2012 6:03 PM
Aug 2011
Mou-chan_ said:
You must be imagining things. I guess someone really needs to cut down on the drugs.

Feeling elated right now.

Lol, you must be bored if you are going to spam a girls comment section with gore pics all night. Get a life manchild.
Nov 28, 2012 6:11 PM
Aug 2011
Mou-chan_ said:
Do you believe in all seriousness that those comments are created manually?

Cool, you are a script kiddy huh? You are pathetic.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

200 by BasilZero »»
6 hours ago

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

212 by RED-clover12 »»
11 hours ago

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
Yesterday, 8:26 PM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.