Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Girls und Panzer Episode 6 Discussion


Nov 21, 2012 1:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 220
AiCon said:
It's a Focke-Achgelis Fa 223 Drache from WW2.


Hah I was close with the 1930's guess. Only a few years off.

Another questions comes to mind. Is there a date for when this series takes place?
 
Nov 21, 2012 1:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 3169
Most underrated show this season

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
 
Nov 21, 2012 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
can anybody explain me, how could duck-team first outrun flag-sherman and then participate in the chase with top speed of 25 km/h?
 
Nov 21, 2012 1:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
frid_kun said:
can anybody explain me, how could duck-team first outrun flag-sherman and then participate in the chase with top speed of 25 km/h?


Good question. Answer is that the Type 89 had several models, the one you mentioned was the oldest, the I-Go model, and could only do 16 mph. The one in the series, is the more powerful Chi-Ro, and was capable of speeds around 25 MPH, which is not that different from the Sherman.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/japan-tank.html
Modified by Takuan_Soho, Nov 21, 2012 1:35 PM
 
Nov 21, 2012 1:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Takuan_Soho said:
Good question. Answer is that the Type 89 had several models, the one you mentioned was the oldest, the I-Go mode, and could only do 16 mph. The one in the series, is the more powerful Chi-Ro, and was capable of speeds around 25 MPH, which is not that different from the Sherman.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/japan-tank.html
that's not what i've seen in specs, but it will do, thanks.
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/1351525875168.jpg
 
Nov 21, 2012 7:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 406
What a great epd the wait was well worth it. Dat Shot!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
 
Nov 21, 2012 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 82
Oh no, not her grandmother! Not the character we've never seen before or know nothing about and thus don't give a shit about at all!, please tell me shes alright, i dont think i can wait another week. Oh the pain, the pain of it all!

Do people actually find this series good or do they just enjoy it for the ridiculous Schluckly mess it is like i do?
 
Nov 21, 2012 10:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
magic_kaito said:
Oh no, not her grandmother! Not the character we've never seen before or know nothing about and thus don't give a shit about at all!, please tell me shes alright, i dont think i can wait another week. Oh the pain, the pain of it all!

Do people actually find this series good or do they just enjoy it for the ridiculous Schluckly mess it is like i do?


No, we like saying how much we enjoy it so you will continue to come on this thread and continue to make a complete ass of yourself.

Congratulations, you never fail to disappoint!
 
Nov 22, 2012 12:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5972
I liked the meow ring.
 
Nov 22, 2012 2:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Just letting everybody know that commie seems to have censored ep 6 (i posted about this last night but my posts vanished, must be a communist conspiracy)

Its sad because commie is usually good.

Does anybody know how many episodes girls und panzer will be?
I'm still waiting for my beloved tiger 1s and tiger 2s to make an appearance :D
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2599
magic_kaito said:
Oh no, not her grandmother! Not the character we've never seen before or know nothing about and thus don't give a shit about at all!, please tell me shes alright, i dont think i can wait another week. Oh the pain, the pain of it all!

Do people actually find this series good or do they just enjoy it for the ridiculous Schluckly mess it is like i do?


It's already been hinted at that Mako doesn't have parents, so obviously was being taken care of by grandparents or someone.
 
Nov 22, 2012 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 308
Preview pics for Girls und Panzer ep. 7 airing next week now up on their website: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/story_07.html

no_good_name said:
Does anybody know how many episodes girls und panzer will be?
I'm still waiting for my beloved tiger 1s and tiger 2s to make an appearance :D


It's slated for 12 episodes.
Modified by zenjamibu, Nov 22, 2012 3:55 AM
 
Nov 22, 2012 4:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
zenjamibu said:
Preview pics for Girls und Panzer ep. 7 airing next week now up on their website: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/story_07.html

no_good_name said:
Does anybody know how many episodes girls und panzer will be?
I'm still waiting for my beloved tiger 1s and tiger 2s to make an appearance :D


It's slated for 12 episodes.

Well i'm hoping for at least 2 ovas, a second season due to its popularity and finally a movie in which the girls reenact the battle of kursk or D-day. or both.

Thanks for the preview link
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 4:03 AM
Hitagi's Pet

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7747
They really need to replace the 89 with another more capable tank. Otherwise they're going to be in trouble with Pravda and the sister's schools tanks. They seem to be really well armed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Nov 22, 2012 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Marzan said:
They really need to replace the 89 with another more capable tank. Otherwise they're going to be in trouble with Pravda and the sister's schools tanks. They seem to be really well armed.

my vote is for a Panzerjäger tiger or a m10 wolverine
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 4:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5555
Just looking at the devastation that Pravda and Maho's team did is just scary. Miho's team is gonna be massacred by them if they don't do something.
 
Nov 22, 2012 4:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Marzan said:
They really need to replace the 89 with another more capable tank. Otherwise they're going to be in trouble with Pravda and the sister's schools tanks. They seem to be really well armed.
All but one of Oorai's tanks can be oneshoted by serious opponents. They already have two heavy tanks, with proper coordination, this should be sufficient.
Magito said:
Just looking at the devastation that Pravda and Maho's team did is just scary. Miho's team is gonna be massacred by them if they don't do something.
As i see it, Oorai school represents good old days of early blietzkrieg, when speed and tactics proved superior upon firepower and armor of french and russian tanks.
while devastating, tigers were weapon of desperation. they weren't suited for mobile offensive, but for static defense against overwhelming enemy force.
Modified by frid_kun, Nov 22, 2012 4:45 AM
 
Nov 22, 2012 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
frid_kun said:
Marzan said:
They really need to replace the 89 with another more capable tank. Otherwise they're going to be in trouble with Pravda and the sister's schools tanks. They seem to be really well armed.
All but one of Oorai's tanks can be oneshoted by serious opponents. They already have two heavy tanks, with proper coordination, this should be sufficient.
Magito said:
Just looking at the devastation that Pravda and Maho's team did is just scary. Miho's team is gonna be massacred by them if they don't do something.
As i see it, Oorai school represents good old days of early blietzkrieg, when speed and tactics proved superior upon firepower and armor of french and russian tanks.
while devastating, tigers were weapon of desperation. they weren't suited for mobile offensive, but for static defense against overwhelming enemy force.

But the stug wasnt used as a tank destroyer during the early blitzkrieg, it was used as infantry support (it had the low velocity 75mm gun which made it useless against tanks)

Plus the tiger is just plain sexy, i dare you to say otherwise.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
no_good_name said:
But the stug wasnt used as a tank destroyer during the early blitzkrieg, it was used as infantry support (it had the low velocity 75mm gun which made it useless against tanks)

Plus the tiger is just plain sexy, i dare you to say otherwise.
in 1943, Stug 3 was upgraded with new gun with improved AT capabilities. Character sheet stated that Oorai school has 1943 modification.

well, sexy or not, but they are going down, the hard way. :з
Modified by frid_kun, Nov 22, 2012 5:50 AM
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
frid_kun said:
no_good_name said:
But the stug wasnt used as a tank destroyer during the early blitzkrieg, it was used as infantry support (it had the low velocity 75mm gun which made it useless against tanks)

Plus the tiger is just plain sexy, i dare you to say otherwise.
in 1943, Stug 3 was upgraded with new gun with improved AT capabilities. Character sheet stated that Oorai school has 1943 modification.

well, sexy or not, but they are going down, the hard way. :з

Indeed, the 1943 version was built due to it being alot cheaper then the STUNNING heavy panzers, this was due to germany having to fight a defensive war ( sadly blitzkrieg was a bit dead) i know you might be able to consider the ardenne offensive to be blitzkrieg but i think it lacked the tactical genius of Guderian and rommel.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Plus i really hope there is a badass school that fields soviet tanks, t think the is 1's and is 2's have awesome looking tracks (i know i'm weird)
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 6:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
no_good_name said:
Indeed, the 1943 version was built due to it being alot cheaper then the STUNNING heavy panzers, this was due to germany having to fight a defensive war ( sadly blitzkrieg was a bit dead) i know you might be able to consider the ardenne offensive to be blitzkrieg but i think it lacked the tactical genius of Guderian and rommel.
i'm talking about the spirit rather then by_the_bоok definitions :з

not blietzkrieg exactly, but rather mobile offensive war was decently performed by the Red Army later in the war. Surprisingly enough, situation seem to mirror first years of the war. RA had lots of cheap and fast tanks, while Germany tried to hold them with massive behemoths. i wonder, what aspect of RA will Pravda team represent :3
 
Nov 22, 2012 6:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
frid_kun said:
no_good_name said:
Indeed, the 1943 version was built due to it being alot cheaper then the STUNNING heavy panzers, this was due to germany having to fight a defensive war ( sadly blitzkrieg was a bit dead) i know you might be able to consider the ardenne offensive to be blitzkrieg but i think it lacked the tactical genius of Guderian and rommel.
i'm talking about the spirit rather then by_the_bоok definitions :з

not blietzkrieg exactly, but rather mobile offensive war was decently performed by the Red Army later in the war. Surprisingly enough, situation seem to mirror first years of the war. RA had lots of cheap and fast tanks, while Germany tried to hold them with massive behemoths. i wonder, what aspect of RA will Pravda team represent :3

True, i find it difficult to respect soviet tactics, they were brave but their leadership was rather lacking and they had almost no training, it was said that soviet gunners always missed their first shot while german gunners usually didnt.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 489
Great Episode, Tank Battle was nice and just barely winning the match
 
Nov 22, 2012 8:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
no_good_name said:
Just letting everybody know that commie seems to have censored ep 6 (i posted about this last night but my posts vanished, must be a communist conspiracy)


In what way did they censor the ep? Just wondering so I know if it's worth going and getting the ep again from somebody else.
 
Nov 22, 2012 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Kittle said:
no_good_name said:
Just letting everybody know that commie seems to have censored ep 6 (i posted about this last night but my posts vanished, must be a communist conspiracy)


In what way did they censor the ep? Just wondering so I know if it's worth going and getting the ep again from somebody else.

They changed the soundtrack and removed some of the german words,hiryuu and horrible subs dont seem to do this
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 566
This battle had an amazing outcome! Hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving! God my hands are still sweaty from the anticipation of that final shot! Sooo awesome!

This is my most anticipated anime I wait for every week. Slice of life and tanks... I think they executed it entertainingly. =DDDDDD

Everytime I watch it, makes me wanna go learn more about tanks lol. Someone play me Close Combat now!!!

Takuan_Soho said:
One of the things I love about animation is how good the staff usually are at fitting the music to the scene, and Girls Und Panzer in general, and this episode in particular was very good at this. The march they used when Mako was boarding the helicopter and the segue into the other "big" schools blitzing their opponents was excellent. The various american themed marches used in this episode was also very good.

The blitzing music was particularly interesting. It hints that the show is about to become darker. It is obvious that the SC is hiding a secret about what happens if Ooari loses, I had thought it was that the school (and the ship) was going to be closed and scrapped (I don't think it is a coincidence that their ship was so much smaller than St Gloriana), and while I still think this is the case, but I think there could very well be an even deeper meaning to this (that has to do with the civilization and why Senshado is so popular). Maybe I am reading too much into this, but the director definitely wants this to be a serious animation (otherwise he would be more accepting of fanservice), and I wouldn't put anything past him.


I used to be in the military (Light Armored Vehicles no less) and used to also be in the marching band so I love the music as well. Marches are so under-rated. xD Nothing ever beats soundtracks more than instrumental music. You can't just top the cinematic and epicness of a story by using a pop song with vocals. Soundtracks FTW!

I'm glad the director took a more serious tone to this. Now that you mention the thing about it being scrapped it makes sense with what Arisa was yelling in her tank at the end.

Amarrez said:
magic_kaito said:
Oh no, not her grandmother! Not the character we've never seen before or know nothing about and thus don't give a shit about at all!, please tell me shes alright, i dont think i can wait another week. Oh the pain, the pain of it all!

Do people actually find this series good or do they just enjoy it for the ridiculous Schluckly mess it is like i do?


It's already been hinted at that Mako doesn't have parents, so obviously was being taken care of by grandparents or someone.


Not only that but when it was really obvious that her grandma was important to her because that was what Saori used to keep Mako from quitting the club. The idea of disappointing her Grandma by being held back because of her lack of credits caused her to hold back her impulse to leave.
Modified by yngtadpole, Nov 22, 2012 2:05 PM
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Personally i don't understand why when Ourai had only three tanks, they put the Stug in the back, really sending the smallest tank to cover the flagtank. Otherwise highly enjoyable episode.

Interesting to look forward to the Pravda match, Pravda in polish and most likely other Slav languages means "truth". Hopefully they will use some T-72's.

And i wonder if the helicopter ride will be used to sabotage Ourai later.
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 701
frid_kun said:
while devastating, tigers were weapon of desperation. they weren't suited for mobile offensive, but for static defense against overwhelming enemy force.


Nay, the Tiger I was conceived during the heyday of blitzkrieg, as a typical breakthrough tank - the armoured ram for assaulting fortified lines. That it soon found itself pressed into a role of tank destroyer more often than not, is not a fault of a single design. Tiger II is a more complicated matter, but its design also began when Germany was still on the offensive.
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
vakibo said:
Personally i don't understand why when Ourai had only three tanks, they put the Stug in the back, really sending the smallest tank to cover the flagtank. Otherwise highly enjoyable episode.

Interesting to look forward to the Pravda match, Pravda in polish and most likely other Slav languages means "truth". Hopefully they will use some T-72's.

And i wonder if the helicopter ride will be used to sabotage Ourai later.


Not having a turret, the Stug would have be limited in the ability to be able to hit the moving flag tank, also despite having Hana as the gunner (as opposed to Yukari), the Anko team was still the better gunner team.

There was probably some real defensive reason as well. One would be that the Stug's profile covered the Oourai Flag Tank better than the Panzer IV, and it probably had better rear armor than the P-IV as well, though I doubt this would have mattered.

Another reason is I believe the Panzer IV was the fastest and most maneuverable tank, and one would want that for offense, not defense.

No tank or tank tactics expertise here, just some thoughts I had when I thought the same thing you did.
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 701
Takuan_Soho said:
Another reason is I believe the Panzer IV was the fastest and most maneuverable tank, and one would want that for offense, not defense.


Actually, the StuG is supposed to be the most agile of what they have, but seeing that their Type 89 has about the twice its real-life speed...
 
Nov 22, 2012 5:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Sae said:

Actually, the StuG is supposed to be the most agile of what they have, but seeing that their Type 89 has about the twice its real-life speed...


I will leave it to the tank experts about the agility aspect, I think the turret alone is enough reason why the Panzer IV was in front.

As for the Type 89. There was a variety of the Type 89 that was twice as fast as the first model of the Type 89, and I believe that somewhere they mentioned it was this version. Regardless, in trying to figure out agility, something on the Panzer IV wiki site had something I had thought previously, but did not have confirmation on. The MPH for tanks are based on roads, over terrain they were much slower. This would affect the faster tanks more than the slower tanks (on the same theory that a Ferrari and a Honda Civic would have the same speed over a potholed road). The wiki site said that the Panzer IV offroad speed was pretty much the same as the Type 89.

Now which explanation is the truth, I have no idea, but at least what was shown wasn't outside the realm of possibility.
 
Nov 22, 2012 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 701
Takuan_Soho said:
As for the Type 89. There was a variety of the Type 89 that was twice as fast as the first model of the Type 89, and I believe that somewhere they mentioned it was this version. Regardless, in trying to figure out agility, something on the Panzer IV wiki site had something I had thought previously, but did not have confirmation on. The MPH for tanks are based on roads, over terrain they were much slower. This would affect the faster tanks more than the slower tanks (on the same theory that a Ferrari and a Honda Civic would have the same speed over a potholed road). The wiki site said that the Panzer IV offroad speed was pretty much the same as the Type 89.


Not really. Both 89's variants had roughly the same horsepower to move them, main difference being diesel engine substituted for gasoline one. And both have the same nominal maximum speed - 25 kph on road, turning to 10-15 kph on a rough terrain. True, even the faster tanks of the time, like Panzer III, managed just about 20 kph in the same conditions, so none of tanks in the show is as restrained by mundane physics as their real-life counterparts anyway.
 
Nov 22, 2012 7:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
vakibo said:
Personally i don't understand why when Ourai had only three tanks, they put the Stug in the back, really sending the smallest tank to cover the flagtank. Otherwise highly enjoyable episode.

Interesting to look forward to the Pravda match, Pravda in polish and most likely other Slav languages means "truth". Hopefully they will use some T-72's.

And i wonder if the helicopter ride will be used to sabotage Ourai later.

I honestly hope they stick to ww2 era tanks, a t-72 would be just too powerful
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 8:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1917
GaruPan director (監督) Tsutomu Mizushima (水島努) just sent out a tweet for "Labor Thanksgiving Day" ( 勤労感謝の日 / Kinrou kansha no hi ). That is an annual holiday in Japan always on November 23rd. 勤労 = Labor. 感謝 = Thanks. 日 = Day. Here is what he tweeted, basically just thanking everybody:

水島努 ‏@tsuki_akari
勤労感謝の日。わたしにとっては、仕事がもらえることに感謝する日。ありがたい。
Modified by okanagan, Nov 22, 2012 8:07 PM
 
Nov 22, 2012 8:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1917
丸山紗希 Saki Maruyama, 1st year, Loader, Rabbit team

Hi again. The official GaruPan website has a bunch of new free stuff that you can download:

They have created some "Twitter icons" for you to use. They are 128 x 128 pixel images. I guess theoretically you could use them here on Myanimelist as well, but you would have to trim them down just a little bit since we are limited here to 100 wide by 125 high pixels. Most of them are pictures of tanks, but they also have just one GaruPan character, Saki, the loader in the Rabbit Team's M3 Lee tank. See above.

They also created some "Wallpaper" for your computer screen in various sizes and patterns.

It is all here: http://girls-und-panzer.jp/giveout.html
Modified by okanagan, Nov 22, 2012 8:43 PM
 
Nov 22, 2012 9:39 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Sae said:
Not really. Both 89's variants had roughly the same horsepower to move them, main difference being diesel engine substituted for gasoline one. And both have the same nominal maximum speed - 25 kph on road, turning to 10-15 kph on a rough terrain. True, even the faster tanks of the time, like Panzer III, managed just about 20 kph in the same conditions, so none of tanks in the show is as restrained by mundane physics as their real-life counterparts anyway.


There was a third variant called the Type 89 Chi-Rho that was able to do 25 MPH. Posting site below. The only reason I knew to look was that the subtitlers on the 2nd episode specifically identified the tank as a Chi-Rho and I went searching for it. I have no idea where they got that information, since the spec sheets lists it as a Otsu, but in that they said so 4 episodes before it really mattered, it makes me think they go it from somewhere official.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/japan-tank.html
 
Nov 22, 2012 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Takuan_Soho said:
Sae said:
Not really. Both 89's variants had roughly the same horsepower to move them, main difference being diesel engine substituted for gasoline one. And both have the same nominal maximum speed - 25 kph on road, turning to 10-15 kph on a rough terrain. True, even the faster tanks of the time, like Panzer III, managed just about 20 kph in the same conditions, so none of tanks in the show is as restrained by mundane physics as their real-life counterparts anyway.


There was a third variant called the Type 89 Chi-Rho that was able to do 25 MPH. Posting site below. The only reason I knew to look was that the subtitlers on the 2nd episode specifically identified the tank as a Chi-Rho and I went searching for it. I have no idea where they got that information, since the spec sheets lists it as a Otsu, but in that they said so 4 episodes before it really mattered, it makes me think they go it from somewhere official.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/japan-tank.html


It was still a crap tank even by 1930's standards, its the dud on team Ourai (i'm sure they just put it in because its japanese) it was only good for infantry support and blowing up.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 22, 2012 10:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 701
Takuan_Soho said:
There was a third variant called the Type 89 Chi-Rho that was able to do 25 MPH. Posting site below. The only reason I knew to look was that the subtitlers on the 2nd episode specifically identified the tank as a Chi-Rho and I went searching for it. I have no idea where they got that information, since the spec sheets lists it as a Otsu, but in that they said so 4 episodes before it really mattered, it makes me think they go it from somewhere official.

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/japan/japan-tank.html


I know that site, and would recommend to use Wikipedia, at the very least. For all its faults, WP has orders of magnitude less mistakes than that jumbled mess which can't even get the designations right. (how do you even manage to stumble on these Web 0.1 artifacts?)
 
Nov 22, 2012 11:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
Sae said:

I know that site, and would recommend to use Wikipedia, at the very least. For all its faults, WP has orders of magnitude less mistakes than that jumbled mess which can't even get the designations right. (how do you even manage to stumble on these Web 0.1 artifacts?)


Ah, I have mad antiquated skills.

Took the advice from the 2nd episode and googled it. "chi-ro japanese tank", pulls this site up as the 12th listing, but the first military one that looked like it had more complete specs than the other sites before it. That it seems was a bad assumption on my part. I posted the link because I assumed that if wrong, one of the tank experts on this site would correct me, nice to see that in this I wasn't disappointed.

I didn't linger too much on Wiki because I was going on the assumption that the Chi-Ro was a variant of the I-Go. Wiki just redirects any search for the Chi-Ro to the I-Go page, leading me to think that it wasn't the most detailed source. Then I found this site and went with it.

I make no claims about my tank knowledge, which is why I have generally put that disclaimer in my posts when talking about tanks.
 
Nov 23, 2012 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2352
no_good_name said:
It was still a crap tank even by 1930's standards, its the dud on team Ourai (i'm sure they just put it in because its japanese) it was only good for infantry support and blowing up.

I wasn't a crap - ok in terms of Europe it could be (but than some creative French or Soviet ideas were equally bad - T-35 or BT).
In Asia there was no much need to produce heavy tanks if their role wasn't to breach trenches, which was notion they had here.

Still against T-34 or Tiger it will be bad... but M3 or 38(t) also have little chance to deal damage.

And nice site - ok it looks like it looks, but decent collection of photos.
 
Nov 23, 2012 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
vakibo said:
And i wonder if the helicopter ride will be used to sabotage Ourai later.
no, it won't. the preview shown all Oorai girls in the hospital, the grandma also seem to be ok.
vakibo said:
most likely other Slav languages means "truth".
yep, in russian too.
 
Nov 23, 2012 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2836
A very exciting episode! I'm loving these battles.

But then in the end, that (forced) drama!
 
Nov 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
Such a great episode. Loved that drift scene and Hana snipe. Also liked how the nuance of the show suddenly changed to a bit more dark tone - in terms of colors and OST - towards the end after the call; that's what I call a good direction.
...
 
Nov 24, 2012 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1262
That heli looks mad unsafe why would anyone ride in that thing?


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Nov 24, 2012 3:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Hydnlife said:
That heli looks mad unsafe why would anyone ride in that thing?

Beats walking.....or swimming
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 24, 2012 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 5555
Next episode we get to see Anchovy, the grandma who Mako is afraid to, and more on Miho's past.

We get to see Miho, Hana, and Yukari in casual clothes. Hana is a beauty.

Looking forward to next episode!
Modified by Magito, Nov 24, 2012 7:47 AM
 
Nov 24, 2012 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Magito said:
Next episode we get to see Anchovy, the grandma who Mako is afraid to, and more on Miho's past.

We get to see Miho, Hana, and Yukari in casual clothes. Hana is a beauty.

Looking forward to next episode!

And yet still no tiger tank money shot
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Nov 24, 2012 8:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6650
no_good_name said:

And yet still no tiger tank money shot


Ah, leave it to Girls und Panzer for fans that get more excited by tank fanservice than character fanservice :-)
 
Nov 24, 2012 8:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4541
Takuan_Soho said:
no_good_name said:

And yet still no tiger tank money shot


Ah, leave it to Girls und Panzer for fans that get more excited by tank fanservice than character fanservice :-)
\
I like cute girls.
I like tanks.
Combine the two and i'm in heaven.
I just watched the start of the strike witches movie, happy to say it has tiger tanks in it.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »