And yet still no tiger tank money shot

Maybe next episode?

Nov 24, 2012 5:15 PM

Dur
Magito said:
no_good_name said:
And yet still no tiger tank money shot

Maybe next episode?

During the opening credits you can see tigers in a winter setting, the thing that worries me is that there is only 6 more episodes to go but so many awesome tanks (and moe goodness) to fit in.

There must be a second season made!
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。

Nov 25, 2012 7:18 AM
vakibo said:
Personally i don't understand why when Ourai had only three tanks, they put the Stug in the back, really sending the smallest tank to cover the flagtank. Otherwise highly enjoyable episode.

The 38(t) must be in the middle in the case the enemy ahead of them gets the ideal to shoot back. PzIV has more chance to hit moving target than Stug so it must be the leading one in the three. Thus, Stug must play the meatshield role....that is rather logic if you ask me.

Nov 25, 2012 4:15 PM

a great shot from hana! very decisive shot LOL

good climax for the battle... i can't believe saunders will only use their remaining 5 tanks to keep the battle balanced

Nov 25, 2012 6:37 PM

fanks_177 said:
a great shot from hana! very decisive shot LOL

good climax for the battle... i can't believe saunders will only use their remaining 5 tanks to keep the battle balanced

I was surprised they didn't go hardcore and just field 5 fireflies.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。

Nov 26, 2012 3:31 PM

soluuloi said:
vakibo said:
Personally i don't understand why when Ourai had only three tanks, they put the Stug in the back, really sending the smallest tank to cover the flagtank. Otherwise highly enjoyable episode.

The 38(t) must be in the middle in the case the enemy ahead of them gets the ideal to shoot back. PzIV has more chance to hit moving target than Stug so it must be the leading one in the three. Thus, Stug must play the meatshield role....that is rather logic if you ask me.

Logically if you have a meatshield wouldn't a bigger one be better, rather simply they went for offense rather then defense. Sanders probably doesn't have sharpshooters like hana or they could've shot over the Stug.

Nov 26, 2012 4:22 PM

Saunders have one. The gum chewing gunner of the Firefly scored hit on the M3 earlier.

But maybe Saunders just can't use the flat terrain to estimate the right distance to the sandwiched 38 because of the StuG obstructing

Nov 27, 2012 6:06 AM

Magito said:
Kittle said:
Mute sound on the episode then start playing Yakety Sax in the background at 13:24. It fits... worryingly well.

I actually did that. Freakin hilarious.
Someone should do an a video of that and upload it on youtube.

Just back strolling the tube a while ago and actually saw one, lol.

Nov 27, 2012 9:25 AM

nishizumi is so good at tactics!

Dec 14, 2012 4:47 PM

That Arisa girl was pretty funny. I enjoyed how she kept flipping out throughout the battle, particularly her rant about the boy friend. Also, the sniper shot was sweet and the battle scenes continue to be top notch.

I think my one complaint about this series is the relatively standard characters. But, in this case, I don't think that hurts the series at all. The way Senshado is presented is very interesting, the attention to detail, the way the music is used. Pretty much everything adds up to an immensely satisfying series so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 16, 2012 6:06 AM

Epic final shot. It was a tense moment.

Dec 18, 2012 4:35 AM

This was a very entertaining episode, but I would have to call that an embarrassing victory from Ooarai. They were completely outmatched in both skills and firepower, but were able to isolate the enemy’s flag tank. I don’t know why the Saunders flag tank pursued the M3 when she could have just run away. Ooarai held the advantage for the better part of the match and almost let an easy victory slip through their hands. They were literally given the victory, and they were such bad shots that they almost gave it back. Ooarai really needs to work on their gunnery.

It was a nice touch that the anime was playing the United States Army Song, “The Army Goes Rolling Along,” when the Saunders started chasing Ooarai.

Dec 18, 2012 5:14 AM

Phaetons_Folly said:
They were completely outmatched in both skills and firepower, but were able to isolate the enemy’s flag tank. I don’t know why the Saunders flag tank pursued the M3 when she could have just run away.
Ooarai really needs to work on their gunnery.
It is more like the Saunders flag tank needed to stay with its pals when they were chasing Ooarai's flag tank. The chivalry spirit of the Saunder's captain, Kay, means that only 5 tanks are drawn from her team so as to give Ooarai a "fair game" after she knew her side was using trickery to get advantage. And to be fair, one of the 5 tanks need to be the flag tank. The game was going like the Saunders team is chasing the Ooarai team, until Miho's tank moved to a higher location so that it could take aim at Saunder's flag tank even though it was hiding among its pals. Kay sent the Firefly to get after it but Miho's team was able to use the slight time gained when the Firefly missed its first shot to strike at Saunder's flag tank. So it is not pure luck that Ooarai was able to hit the flag tank (it is not really an isolation exercise anyway). While I guess the gunnery of some tanks in Ooarai group my need to get better, the gunnery as displayed by Miho's tank was amazing.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

Jan 13, 2013 6:24 AM

I wonder what the best line from this anime will be in the end... right now I'm loving the

'Is it even possible for humans to wake at 6 AM." LOL

Feb 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Miho's doing really well given that her entire tank platoon consists of a motley collection of very different tanks: 2 medium tanks, 1 tank destroyer and 2 tankettes. However, this also gives her good opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills and tactical ability.

In this episode, it was Hana's time to shine. Everyone was relying on her for victory, and she delivered. Mako shows off her pro tank driving skill yet again with that drifting dodge. It's drama time now for her, though.

I like the little bits of "English" the Saunders team threw around every now and then. That was a good show of sportsmanship by their commander Kay. In their world, the way of the tank is a sport and not a fight to the death, after all.

Ayako Kawasumi seems to be getting a growing number of supposedly English-speaking foreigner roles these days.
I'm looking at you, Rita.

Mar 18, 2013 1:46 PM

Intense episode.
Such nice animation.
I don't know anything about tanks, but I'm into this.

Mar 26, 2013 3:39 AM

Another good episode I guess they did revert the colors of the tanks to their original color.

Apr 4, 2013 11:06 AM

I completely forgot the rule about the flag tank >_>''
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 8, 2013 6:49 PM
why didnt they ice that flag tank when they first saw it? their turrent looked like it was pointed right at it. if they thought they couldnt demolish it (even with a range that close) they could have just shot and dipped like they were going to do anyway...

May 8, 2013 7:54 PM
PrinceJ said:
why didnt they ice that flag tank when they first saw it? their turrent looked like it was pointed right at it. if they thought they couldnt demolish it (even with a range that close) they could have just shot and dipped like they were going to do anyway...

Good question, I thought the same thing at the time.

The reason they didn't fire is that the Ooarai tank's gun can not score a decisive hit on a Sherman tank. They could have of course hit the tank, but the gun on the Type 89 just isn't powerful enough to make a shot matter. Makes a good reconnaissance tank, which is how Miho uses it, but as a tank killer, it lacks power. This is why Miho always uses the tank either as a barrier or a fleet escaper.

May 28, 2013 1:18 PM

Quite a good episode, the ending was a bit unfortunate but well lets see what happens next!

Jul 10, 2013 12:58 AM

Takuan_Soho said:
PrinceJ said:

The reason they didn't fire is that the Ooarai tank's gun can not score a decisive hit on a Sherman tank. They could have of course hit the tank, but the gun on the Type 89 just isn't powerful enough to make a shot matter. Makes a good reconnaissance tank, which is how Miho uses it, but as a tank killer, it lacks power. This is why Miho always uses the tank either as a barrier or a fleet escaper.

So if they actually reacted properly(shot at them first moment they laid eyes on the sherman) they would have been ko'd an instant later is what you are trying to say? So their extremely slow reaction time saved them from being knocked out? Luckily, the Sherman's commander was also stunned and didn't know what to do as well or the M3 would have been toast. I like Kay who believes in sportsmanship and doesn't consider Sensha-do as war and is graceful in defeat. I hope Mako's grandma is alright tho and yeah that helicopter the Kuromorimine school had looked circa WWII. I mean I thought the rule only applied to tanks(and that last time I checked only tanks participated in sensha-do) why couldn't they use a chinook or a huey instead of that helicopter pototype?
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Mar 1, 2014 6:35 PM

"The Security comes in the 1st place! -Girls Und Panzer xD
"Tanks are made for woman,and not man" - Girls Und Panzer best quotes ahhaa
They really won,nice plan girls.However the american captain was really nice and fair to them.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 22, 2014 11:37 AM

What an epic moment!

Nov 22, 2014 4:51 AM

5/5

Really addictive battle, a new way of interpreting the clash was fielded by Miho and companions. This time it was adding a bit of extra tactic and the action scenes were once again to be her mistress during the narration.
Also, the fun was assured with some interludes by both parties.
Very good finally the GC which showed a very high level of quality both in the quality of the drawings that in animations.
The plot in this episode, was able to highlight the qualities of the whole team Oorai.
Excellent OST that has managed to create an atmosphere even at the end of the episode.
Modified by terrablu2003, Nov 22, 2014 4:55 AM

Mar 27, 2015 4:07 PM

So far, I haven't found a single reason why this shouldn't be ranked n.1 with a score of 10.00

Apr 1, 2015 1:51 PM

Lollo36 said:
So far, I haven't found a single reason why this shouldn't be ranked n.1 with a score of 10.00

Agreed xD

Oct 16, 2015 4:15 PM

So far, this show appears to be at its best when actual tankery is involved.

Episode 4 didn't count because the melodrama at the end ruined it.

3/5

Dec 18, 2015 11:54 AM

Very nice episode. I liked the battle.

Aug 14, 2016 2:11 PM

So sister isn't a dick, but her buddy is lol.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Oct 9, 2016 7:03 PM

Good episode... I didn't expect the war tanks were so entertaining..

This is awkward...

Oct 9, 2016 7:05 PM

Takuan_Soho said:
PrinceJ said:

Oh... I was wondering the same ... Thanks...

Nov 29, 2016 4:55 PM

They cut it really close at the end.

The other teams commander was pretty cool.

Apr 29, 2017 4:43 AM

That was darn close, and that ending...guess we'll be seeing some Mako moments next episode.

Dec 25, 2017 12:02 AM

Awesome! I wasn't sure thye'd pull it off, but they kicked ass!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 12, 2:12 PM

I like how one of the insignias mixes the german cross with the kanji for great (大).

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]