Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2012 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Recap was informative. New OP and ED clips were also aired during the recap. ED is sad.

Seems like Scarlet Twins are the key (like the informative Special (not animated) mentioned before).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 18, 2012 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Only thing worth noting in this episode imo was the ED song. One of the scenes reminded me of a footage from Higurashi's first opening with Mion/Shion that has a parallel to this ED song. Other than that, it was just a refreshment.
Nov 18, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a nice recap of the series. The new opening and ending were SICK! It explained a lot about the series. So for those who didn't quite understand the series, this episode is perfect for you. Seems like Yui would be back in action during the last four episodes. It also seems like Yuuya would be getting a new TSF. I'm just wondering if that TSF with the blue aura around it during the opening was the Scarlet Twin's, Su-37UB Terminator. Well, we'll just have to find out in the future episodes.

THIS IS ON THE WRONG FORUM! THE CORRECT ONE IS AT: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=520301
PLEASE EXCUSE MY MISTAKE! m(_ _)m
ShinoAsadaNov 18, 2012 3:12 PM
Nov 18, 2012 11:54 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't feel like watching a recap at all so skipped most of this episode as far as the OP and ED goes i always skip them i see them as major spoilers.
Hopefully next week something interesting will happen.
Nov 18, 2012 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
Wait, wouldn't this belong here?

I thought the recap was okay overall. That new ED song is sort of catchy.
Nov 18, 2012 12:17 PM

May 2009
It's not episode 20th. It's just recap. CR's fault.
Nov 18, 2012 12:19 PM

May 2012
awts.. i wasted 24min today..

Nov 18, 2012 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
Are you fucking kidding me? a recap .. a recap of WHAT, didnt happen a shit in the whole show!.
Nov 18, 2012 12:37 PM

May 2009
I'm a bit confused, there still 5 eps till the end or 4? I hate recaps, beause it ruins the ep numeration >.<
Nov 18, 2012 12:40 PM
Nov 2007
Glad I came here to read the responses since this show is turning out to be downright awful as of late. Now I don't have to waste bandwidth on this crap...
Nov 18, 2012 1:08 PM

Aug 2010
New OP and ED are improvements over the old OP and ED.

The recap was actually useful.
Nov 18, 2012 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
Fucking boring , skipped most of it .
Nov 18, 2012 1:32 PM

Jan 2012
Eh, recap. I was looking forward to some good action.

Nov 18, 2012 1:41 PM
Nov 2012
i maybe wrong but the TSF from the 2nd opening with the blue aura is the Su-47 Berkut not sure about the suit it's stepping on
Nov 18, 2012 1:42 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

There was such a thing? O_O
I didn't notice it because it wasn't on the related anime section. If it was, whoops... my bad.
Nov 18, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
LazerEyeBeam said:
i maybe wrong but the TSF from the 2nd opening with the blue aura is the Su-47 Berkut not sure about the suit it's stepping on

It may be the Su-47 Berkut..
Nov 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, points that will make the climax 10 times more enjoyable talks about some guy behind the scenes who seems like he's the antagonist? I'm guessing he dies in the climax
Nov 18, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
Jesus, I hope they saved up 10x the budget to make it 10x better because this episode is 10x worse than the average of this show which is saying something.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 18, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
Entravity said:
Jesus, I hope they saved up 10x the budget to make it 10x better because this episode is 10x worse than the average of this show which is saying something.

I don't think they would start saving up the budget NOW. Considering how there's only 5-4 episodes left, the anime is going to end in a cliffhanger and who knows when a new season would come out. Considering the popularity of the show, it's not all that high. I doubt we'll even see a new season unless the BD earns a good profit.
Nov 18, 2012 3:30 PM
Apr 2010
WHY would they go and do a recap NEAR THE END of the series? That's just stupid. Muv Luv has gone down hill and that hill has gotten steeper as you get to the bottom. =/

The first episode got me REALLY into this show, and it's just become more stale ever since. I've just been hoping more BETAs and action but nooooooo~
Nov 18, 2012 4:27 PM

Oct 2011
It's really disappointing how they are giving us another recap episode this late into the series. I may have to take back what I said about this show being a bit underrated, because at the moment I feel the story has not been progressing at a good pace. Hopefully the next five episodes can redeem this show.

Nov 18, 2012 4:41 PM

Mar 2012
so this wasn't episode 20 then?
CR should change what they listed it as into 19.5 or something if this is the case
Nov 18, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2011
I only watched it for the new OP.

And ... Hello there Su-47 Berkut!

Wait a minute!

New villain/Character?

MichaelJohnNov 18, 2012 6:13 PM
Nov 18, 2012 6:44 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:

So the real episode 20 airs next week then?
Nov 18, 2012 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
i really liked the episode it helped me with some things i didnt understand C:

the new songs sound really sad though..i have this awful feeling that everyone is going to Die :( but i dont know how or why because they are safe where they are unless the Beta suddenly invade??
Nov 18, 2012 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
Recap is a little late in the season. I like this anime and i just realized it nearing the end, hopefully the end is good. I don't know anything about the manga but is the anime going to have a end or is there a possible second season.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 18, 2012 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
Damn that new ED is depressing, shits about to get real..
Nov 18, 2012 8:33 PM

Aug 2011
Well this was umm interesting o.0
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 18, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2010
I have seen the new ED and OP.

I fear I should not divulge anything but due to my spoiler limits. I can conclude some elements that I myself am not too sure. All I will say with my knowledge is PREPARE FOR MAYHEM! That’s all.

Other than that I find in the spoiler
one of the most perplexing scenes showing rather the theme innocent and nothing else comes to mind. What happens after should be taken as Inia not connecting on the battlefield with Yui. That much is clear from the flower and the hand letting go while in uniform.

Cryska might be killed to save Inia that I see.

Finally might amount to an insane Moon launch to kill the source whom after will have all BETAs die since itself will be dead? Well could be a good one. 3 Mecha magically find their way into the moon as a miracle to kill off the controller of the BETAs? Sounds plausible.

Finally the real improvements are the visuals and feelings they make come out of you. I feel much sorrow, rivalry and fights with new weaponry coming.

That being said I wonder what of other thinking of theorems and no they say nothing of what I know already of the end from the VN parts. Not sure if it will end up like that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 18, 2012 9:30 PM
Nov 2012
The ending is haunting me at this point, specially since they clearly SAID there was some foreshadowing in it, which I fail to recognize.
It could be the hand grab .. but what's with that dying flower?
Nov 18, 2012 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
The Recap Episode was alright for me cause it cleared up some questions i had in my mind.
And i don't understand why people are so Surprised/Angry that they "wasted" 24 min. I mean did you watch episode 19's preview they said this week was going to be a recap and on top of that it was mentioned in these forums like 20x's [that this week was a recap week]. People just love to hate... 19.5 episodes in and your still complaining on how bad the series is...the mentality of people amazes me (sarcasm) sometimes (-_-)
Nov 18, 2012 9:39 PM

Oct 2010

I fear I should not divulge anything but due to my spoiler limits. I can conclude some elements that I myself am not too sure. All I will say with my knowledge is PREPARE FOR MAYHEM! That’s all.

one of the most perplexing scenes showing rather the theme innocent and nothing else comes to mind. What happens after should be taken as Inia not connecting on the battlefield with Yui. That much is clear from the flower and the hand letting go while in uniform.

Finally might amount to an insane Moon launch to kill the source whom after will have all BETAs die since itself will be dead? Well could be a good one. 3 Mecha magically find their way into the moon as a miracle to kill off the controller of the BETAs? Sounds plausible.

Finally the real improvements are the visuals and feelings they make come out of you. I feel much sorrow, rivalry and fights with new weaponry coming.

That being said I wonder what of other thinking of theorems and no they say nothing of what I know already of the end from the VN parts. Not sure if it will end up like that.

Nov 18, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Reminds me of this:

0:50-0:58 mark. Notice how they are both related in a way as well.
Nov 18, 2012 10:26 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

I don't think Cryska will die but then again some of you know the answer already; in the anime, if anyone is to die, in my opinion, it would be Cui & her group, VG, Tarisa, Stella (i hope not though), the Infinities, and Inia (trying to protect Cryska).
Nov 18, 2012 11:10 PM

Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Which explains why Inia was in a trance mode and the seat behind her which was supposedly to be Cryska's seat is empty.

And the 3 TSFs flew to the moon(?) , Yuuya's TSF , Yui's TSF and Scarlet Twin's TSF .
Nov 19, 2012 1:07 AM

Jan 2009
Geass36 said:
So the twins were part of alternative 3. No wonder they looked similar to Kasumi.

Decent for a recap episode

HOLY GOD......No shit dude i knew that from the moment i saw them common from russia, psychic abilities and not to mention the things on inia's head are dead give away like Kasumi's ears. Im really surprised it took 20 episodes to realizes that.
Nov 19, 2012 1:09 AM

Aug 2011
> Only 5 episodes left
> Hey! Let's use a new OP and ED!

Seems logical.
Nov 19, 2012 1:52 AM
Dec 2010
almost 3 moths i never watch this anime, what heck is happening it seems the anime turn into harem and wheres the BETA? so far still my favorite episode is 1 and 2 :(
Nov 19, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2011
Gaaaahhh I see
in the ED

ALL MY FEELS I CAN'T *sob sob*
Nov 19, 2012 2:36 AM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:

I thought it was the episode 20...nwm, thanks.
Nov 19, 2012 2:38 AM

Sep 2010
Whew, thought they were gonna spill the secrets of Alternative III. Though they kind of did.
Nov 19, 2012 2:56 AM

Nov 2007
mitch3315 said:
> Only 5 episodes left

Seems logical.

That's the same case for Aquarion series where they change theme songs at ep. 20.
(And cannot be helped, even though I still don't know why, because they all aired at same day of the week and same time, not sure if the first Aquarion applies to that though).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2012 3:03 AM

Jul 2011
mitch3315 said:
> Only 5 episodes left

Seems logical.

better late than never :P
Nov 19, 2012 3:58 AM

Nov 2010
Some info new to me, maybe because I didn't pay attention to it
Nice to see a New OP and ED as well
Nov 19, 2012 4:21 AM
Nov 2012
Yumekichi11 said:

The orange colored one is Cryska, not Yui.
Nov 19, 2012 6:00 AM

Oct 2010
Meetroid1 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

The orange colored one is Cryska, not Yui.
It's Cryska? Does not look like her at all with the shadings.

Oh so that confirms it, innocence of the twins was being shown there along with their sexy bodies.

Guess the next part I mention does prove the problem with Yui/Inia/Cryska.

Nov 27, 2012 6:52 PM

Jan 2012
they actually gave effort for that recap. They hyped the climax and gave us a run down on the events that happened. The new OP good and the new ED was better than the 1st one. Still, a recap is a recap. Did not enjoyed it, I just watched this passively while doing other things.

10x ENJOYMENT! out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 27, 2012 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
I would really like to see the research data because they were incredibly proud of the preciseness of the 10X enjoyability rating of their pre-climax recap.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Dec 2, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2011
I don't usually watch recap specials but this was great. The new OP wasn't as memorable but its still good. I instantly love the new ED though, beautiful visuals.

Informative ep, I really needed that. It seems like a long while since I started this show so some of the major plot elements were fading away. Not any more though! Now I can enjoy the final arc 10 times as much!
Dec 4, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
That was the best recap I seen done by anime suprise I actual learned things I never figured out before so props to that.
So sharon was Yuuya's previous girlfriend.
Also Inia and Cryska mech is called the terminator so this show names it's mech's after actually aircrafts like the su-37 terminator one of my favorite aircrafts because of its mobility and speed.
Also those two were part of an anti-beta project so are there more like them?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.