Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2012 8:33 PM
Jun 2012
Is the term shipping wildly used in the anime weboo cutrue. If it is would that make me any less of anime/manga fan if I never heard of it I had to look it up and now i'm being baged on by one of my friends for it.
Nov 17, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2011
It's used quite a bit.
Nov 17, 2012 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
shipping isnt used for just anime and by weabos, its used for pretty much any form of pairing 2 people together. You see shipping for all sorts of non anime stuff so it pretty much has about as many ties to anime as male characters, both anime and non anime have them but they arent tied directly to either of those things

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 17, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2007
HealedWolf said:
Is the term shipping wildly used in the anime weboo cutrue. If it is would that make me any less of anime/manga fan if I never heard of it I had to look it up and now i'm being baged on by one of my friends for it.

Yes, and yes. Shipping is a pretty common word used through out anime fandom.

But don't feel too bad, since some people can't spell weaboo properly either. XD
Nov 17, 2012 9:45 PM

Jun 2011
feder said:
HealedWolf said:

Yes, and yes. Shipping is a pretty common word used through out anime fandom.

But don't feel too bad, since some people can't spell weaboo properly either. XD

weeaboo* :P
Nov 17, 2012 10:49 PM
Oct 2008
I had to look it up. I had no idea why large boats would be taboo.
Nov 18, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
I think if you're part of the anime community you're bound to come across it sooner or later. But I've never heard it used outside of the anime.
Nov 18, 2012 3:18 PM
Dec 2011
I actually NEVER heard it till this year or maybe last, and i've watched anime forever, I wasn't sure where the hell it popped out from.

I know this has nothing to do with the convo but it's interesting. We say I ship so and so and not I just like so and so.
Nov 18, 2012 3:23 PM

May 2009
I had no idea what that was until now.
Nov 18, 2012 3:53 PM

Jan 2012
Heika said:
I had no idea what that was until now.

+1, I thought this discussion was about something such as item being delivered

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Nov 18, 2012 5:39 PM

Jun 2011
Shipping is when someone romantically pairs a character with another character, it's not a term only used in anime/manga, it's used in just about any other fandom ever created. Why it's called shipping is something I don't know.
Nov 18, 2012 9:15 PM

Aug 2009
Shipping is in all fandoms. It can go from middle aged weeaboo men to fourteen year old girls on Tumblr.

And it's called shipping because relationship = ship

Seriously, think of any book/tv show/movie/anime/manga/comic book/ANYTHING and there is someone that ships the characters.

There are a few choice Bible fanfiction that I always like to mention when someone asks me about shipping.
Nov 19, 2012 7:44 AM

May 2012
lol, yeah, ycart59 beat me to explaining relationship -> ship -> shipping. & it's not limited to just anime/manga.

I'm surprised some of you have never heard the term tbh.
Nov 19, 2012 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
ycart59 said:
Shipping is in all fandoms. It can go from middle aged weeaboo men to fourteen year old girls on Tumblr.

And it's called shipping because relationship = ship

Seriously, think of any book/tv show/movie/anime/manga/comic book/ANYTHING and there is someone that ships the characters.

There are a few choice Bible fanfiction that I always like to mention when someone asks me about shipping.
roxylalonde said:
lol, yeah, ycart59 beat me to explaining relationship -> ship -> shipping. & it's not limited to just anime/manga.

I'm surprised some of you have never heard the term tbh.

Both of these.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 26, 2022 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
shipping is shipping when the ships ship in a shipping shit

More topics from this board

» how do you complete assignments ? (school related)

sussybakagirl420 - Nov 6, 2023

12 by MyAssignment12 »»
10 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

12 by IpreferEcchi »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

93 by ArabianLuffy »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 4 hours ago

2 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

42 by dreamingneon »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.