Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2012 1:24 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was hard to find a raw. There was not live streaming today

I find they fail a little the fght between Tarku and Jojo. They change Straights.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
TenshoApr 25, 2016 7:17 AM
Nov 16, 2012 11:27 PM

Oct 2012
Amazing episode as always.

It didn't even feel like 20-odd minutes. This show is one of the best animated series I've ever watched.
Nov 16, 2012 11:37 PM

Jun 2012
That went by... Far too quickly... As always, great episode. :D
Nov 17, 2012 12:00 AM

May 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
That went by... Far too quickly... As always, great episode. :D

TRUE WORDS!
Nov 17, 2012 12:21 AM
Apr 2012
even though i knew it was gonna happen when zeppli died i shed big manly tears. T-T
I really hope they make all 7 completed parts into anime or atleast parts 1-6.
Nov 17, 2012 12:31 AM

Jun 2012
Weed-Kun said:
even though i knew it was gonna happen when zeppli died i shed big manly tears. T-T
I really hope they make all 7 completed parts into anime or atleast parts 1-6.
I may have shed a tear as well...
OchimushaNov 17, 2012 1:39 AM
Nov 17, 2012 12:50 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode. I'm not sure what it is, but I find myself liking this quite a bit more than the corresponding manga part. I still find the overall story and characters pretty weak, but it's easier to enjoy with animation, voices, and the godly soundtrack helping this come to life.

I really can't wait to part 2 and especially part 3 if it gets adapted.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2012 12:59 AM

Aug 2008
Goddamn you DIO!!!!!

Nov 17, 2012 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
They even kept the baby scene, great!
Zeppeli's death was good, but I hoped for a bit more. Anyway, next episode will be awesome.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 17, 2012 1:39 AM

Jun 2012
IKR!!! Nice use of double quoting there... Jeez... No Jk, but sorry for spoiling the death of a character that won't be introduced for another 3 or 4 months... Oh yeah, and I fixed it :|.. You might want to fix the quote now.
Nov 17, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2009
AWE.SOME.

Best episode so far
Nov 17, 2012 3:18 AM

Sep 2012
Jonathan is so cool.
Nov 17, 2012 4:02 AM

Mar 2011
Damnit what a sad episode Zeppeli kicked the bucket :(
Nov 17, 2012 8:04 AM
Sep 2009
KiraYoshikage said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Great op.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
TenshoApr 25, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 17, 2012 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
Holy crap! The deaths in this episode were brutal to watch. Zeppeli getting cut in half by chains is something you see in slasher movies. Jojo leveling up through Zeppeli's death seems fitting, at least for him to get power quickly someone had to die so there wasn't a copout.

Dio's such a bastard WRYYYYYY!!! Keeping his promise yes but the mom eating her own baby when she sacrificed herself to protect it. That was a boneheaded move on her part though

Thank god there wasn't some miracle where Zeppeli lived in the end like there would be in other shows. Then again this is an older manga where death usually happens unlike today's shonen. The new characters introduced this week seem cool, interested to see how they handle themselves when they go to rescue Poco.
Nov 17, 2012 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
God damn.
this was full of epicness
Nov 17, 2012 8:54 AM
Aug 2011
O Shit, that baby scene. WTF!?!? Dio, sonofabitch.

RIP old man. Jojo will carry on your will too.

5/5 - Manly tears.
Nov 17, 2012 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
EPIC!!

Jojo has truly become a BA after Zeppeli's death...u can see it on his face.
Nov 17, 2012 10:32 AM
Aug 2010
This show is so amazing.

R.I.P Zeppeli's
Nov 17, 2012 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
awesome episode. the part with Dire was cool

DIRE STRAIGHTS
Nov 17, 2012 1:19 PM
Jul 2011
DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nov 17, 2012 1:41 PM
Nov 2008
Awesome episode!! Next episode, the fight with Dio!!! 44 chapters covered in 8 episodes. What genius is this. It feels rushed to those who read the manga, but the anime in my opinion is far superior to the manga. I don't think I am ready for Part 2, but I know it is coming soon.

Also, where are the Psycho Pass people at? I thought it was way superior to this. I really hated them. They wanted their little anime to be number one this season so they came on here to flake people off of JoJo. Imagine all those who dropped it would of watched it right now... I bet that the score would be 8.5 or around there where it belongs.
Nov 17, 2012 2:41 PM

Apr 2011
Zeppeli TT^TT

And next episode:Jojo vs Dio!!!!I can't wait~~
Nov 17, 2012 3:06 PM
Nov 2008
Kuronoo said:
Tomokazu Sugita will be the voice actor of Joseph Joestar.

Yup, Gintoki/Kyon will be the VA. I cannot wait.
Nov 17, 2012 3:15 PM
Aug 2011
Kuronoo said:

If Joseph really is more badass that Jonothan (That's what I heard), that voice will be perfect.

I also noticed some "spoilers" because there were some new main characters added to the page.
Nov 17, 2012 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kuronoo said:

If Joseph really is more badass that Jonothan (That's what I heard), that voice will be perfect.

I also noticed some "spoilers" because there were some new main characters added to the page.

Yeah, whoever did that could have waited until this part is over.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2012 3:43 PM

Apr 2008
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kuronoo said:

I'm not agree. Jonathan is more badass and Joseph is more
trickery(artful)
Nov 17, 2012 4:30 PM

Jun 2010
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Kuronoo said:

I'd say that if nothing else Joseph is more entertaining than Jonathan; Joseph fights by using tricks/exploiting how his opponent thinks instead of just beating them up and he's also a lot quirkier than Jonathan, who's pretty much as basic a shonen main character as you can get.

In any case I can't wait for the next episode and for Part 2's content to start :-D.
Nov 17, 2012 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
Loved the episode as usual. Zeppeli's death was really sad and I honestly shed a tear ---and to think he's even my least favorite among the Zeppelis. :(

I loved how DP actually showed the Joestar birthmark. Also, Dire and Straits!!

Next episode will be very, very fun.
Nov 17, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2008
Burningsirius said:
Also, where are the Psycho Pass people at? I thought it was way superior to this. I really hated them. They wanted their little anime to be number one this season so they came on here to flake people off of JoJo. Imagine all those who dropped it would of watched it right now... I bet that the score would be 8.5 or around there where it belongs.

Doubt their scores would change. Psycho Pass and JoJo are two completely different genres aimed at different audiences... which is also a reason why I think it is downright stupid to even compare the two shows.
Nov 17, 2012 6:49 PM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:
Burningsirius said:

Doubt their scores would change. Psycho Pass and JoJo are two completely different genres aimed at different audiences... which is also a reason why I think it is downright stupid to even compare the two shows.

Not even sure why Burningsirius brought it up. Does he WANT to start a flame war?

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2011
THAT EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER IN THE TARKUS FIGHT.

I'm in such love with this anime that I can't even speak properly about it. Let just say one thing: 10/10
Nov 17, 2012 8:07 PM

Feb 2012
Wait so everyone who's commented thus far only cares about the action part of it? Face palm.

Sure it's a huge part of Jojo but what's really interesting is

I mean come on if you predicted your own
wouldn't you attempt to eschew it?

Nope, not the brave. Nope.

What really stands out is the acceptance part of the philosophy. I find it somehow similar to the Buddhist approach to enlightenment. Almost as if it fits with the whole training with the monks thing.

Hope we learn more of the new characters and Dio's eventual fall caused by them.

Overall, an interesting episode embodying some great action and philosophical viewpoints on fate. Jojo's always worth the 1 week wait.
Nov 17, 2012 8:23 PM

Jul 2011
Another top episode, Zeppeli got Frieza'd wasn't expecting him to go out in such a gruesome manner. Very bizarre how not only was he still alive but managed to fully heal and boost Jo with his remaining life energy. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he can survive in all environments including ones which lack oxygen.

Probably my favorite scene was with Dio and the mother begging him to spare her child. That was brilliantly done with Dio actually trying to talk sense into her but from the mother's point of view you can't blame her for her mindset of trying to protect her child at all costs. Jo vs a zombified town cant wait.
Nov 17, 2012 8:43 PM

Jun 2009
Stellio said:
Wait so everyone who's commented thus far only cares about the action part of it? Face palm.

Sure it's a huge part of Jojo but what's really interesting is

I mean come on if you predicted your own
wouldn't you attempt to eschew it?

Nope, not the brave. Nope.

What really stands out is the acceptance part of the philosophy. I find it somehow similar to the Buddhist approach to enlightenment. Almost as if it fits with the whole training with the monks thing.

Hope we learn more of the new characters and Dio's eventual fall caused by them.

Overall, an interesting episode embodying some great action and philosophical viewpoints on fate. Jojo's always worth the 1 week wait.

I didn't mention it because I don't think it was particularly well told. I mean, I'm all for looking deeply into things, but Jojo just isn't that kind of show. At least not to me.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 17, 2012 9:03 PM
Nov 2010
ImagineThat said:
Probably my favorite scene was with Dio and the mother begging him to spare her child. That was brilliantly done with Dio actually trying to talk sense into her but from the mother's point of view you can't blame her for her mindset of trying to protect her child at all costs. Jo vs a zombified town cant wait.

Talking sense? Just Dio deliberately steered her towards a crueller fate - the average villain would simply ignore her pleas and let his minions go at it. Not Dio, who gave the mother a fake ray of hope, then the knife twist.
Nov 17, 2012 9:28 PM

Oct 2012
What I really find interesting is the scene where Tompeti refused to shake Jojo's hand, saying that's not how they greet people. It's interesting because based from what we've seen..(major spoilers ahead)

Nov 17, 2012 9:31 PM

Oct 2012
My body is not ready for Battle Tendency. Probably tied for my favorite arc with Stardust Crusaders.
I like brash protagonists and Joseph's general monkey antics.
Nov 17, 2012 9:41 PM

Apr 2009
KiraYoshikage said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I'm not agree. Jonathan is more badass and Joseph is more trickery(artful)

Badass comes in different spectrum.

Johnathan = Chivalrous Badass
Joseph = Scheming Badass

Stellio said:
Well, for those who have read the manga, we're pretty much already done all those discussion, you know, back then. All that's left to discuss IS just the animation.
Nov 18, 2012 1:57 AM
Nov 2008
Nilvius said:
KiraYoshikage said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I'm not agree. Jonathan is more badass and Joseph is more trickery(artful)

Badass comes in different spectrum.

Johnathan = Chivalrous Badass
Joseph = Scheming Badass

Stellio said:
Well, for those who have read the manga, we're pretty much already done all those discussion, you know, back then. All that's left to discuss IS just the animation.

+1
Also,

Also, I do not want to start a flame war. We had Psycho Pass people raid the earlier discussions trying to flake people off JoJo so Psycho Pass would get a higher rating. They also hated the true fans who tried their best to defend JoJo. We don't have to worry about them any more. Other's have asked this rhetorical question. Now that the show is in gear, all that they feared is now coming to pass... People love it.

Are we going to get a new Opening for Part 2. It will be weird to get a new opening 8 episodes in.

Anyone notice the Hokuto no Ken nod where Jonathan magically got a new shirt after having his ripped apart? I loved it.
BurningsiriusNov 18, 2012 2:14 AM
Nov 18, 2012 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
Well, they definitely can't have the same OP considering it's going into Part 2 and all. I wonder if next episode will be the end? I figured there would be at least one more episode. I can't imagine that much being crammed into one episode.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 18, 2012 3:05 AM
Jul 2009
The very first six episodes were great, with both story & art. In episode 7 we were given death of Baron. By my judgement it was way to lame/short for the last battle of his. We also could "admire" lama with 2 new guys. To me only the 1st on which apprd is good looking and fit in the series, long hair guy is uber normal-like any 3plan char...
I hope that, in episode 8, they will return with awesomeness. I love the opening so much! Hope it will stay 1-2 eps more. In Ed there were shown last badass characters so it seems something will change.
And yeah I cried when Zeppeli died;[

ps. as for Psycho Pass - I do only watch it because of gits motive & innovative gadgets. Anime itself would get 7/10 max.
ps. Stellio user: Zeppeli did know his future/death but fate would come to him later on if he did not died there (I highly doubt this zombie guy would let him go just like that anyway). By dying he fulfilled his destiny, giving away lifeforce to the only hope for humanity - Jojo.
batonikNov 18, 2012 3:21 AM
xxx
Nov 18, 2012 5:03 AM

Dec 2009
I felt that Zeppeli's death was handled better here than in the manga.

Also the baby scene is pure evil.
Nov 18, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
RIP Zeppeli
Dio you're as bitch as ever

Damn This show is awesome
5\5 this week
Nov 18, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2009
Well I am a woman so...can I shed manly tears for Zappeli?

I am going to say something stupid so don't hold it against me, Jo Jo seems to have gone super saiyan.

Damn Jo Jo looks so fucking cool after annihilating Tarkus

Zeppeli is a major badass if he can still talk after all that.

I'm so glad I picked up this anime, and it is my favorite of the season!
Nov 18, 2012 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
MaxCrazy7 said:

Yes, you may. Absolutely. ^__^
Nov 18, 2012 4:17 PM
Nov 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:

I am going to say something stupid so don't hold it against me, Jo Jo seems to have gone super saiyan.

Damn Jo Jo looks so fucking cool after annihilating Tarkus

Zeppeli is a major badass if he can still talk after all that.

I'm so glad I picked up this anime, and it is my favorite of the season!

Of course you can cry manly tears. All my female friends who are JoJo fans do it all the time.
Nov 18, 2012 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
JoJo reminded me of Toriko in this ep lol. It was a little weird though that when they go to the town a zombie appears then 3 people that are not zombies come out of nowhere. Good thing JoJo isn't the kill-first-ask-questions-later type (maybe)
Nov 19, 2012 3:13 AM

Apr 2010
Jojo reminded me so much Hokuto no Ken this episode.
Zeppeli's death was sad, in the manga it had a lesser effect on me.
Great episode and three new allies before the fight with Dio.
5/5
Nov 19, 2012 4:40 AM

Sep 2009
really epic episode and Dio damn evil
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 19, 2012

254 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Oct 12, 2012

351 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 17, 1:58 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nidhoeggr - Apr 5, 2013

451 by toyupulk »»
Apr 13, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Favourite Jojo?

PushedCaraway - Apr 12

0 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 12, 6:33 AM

» why do people question the watch order?

Rye_the_Guy - Mar 20

30 by 13anana »»
Apr 2, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.