Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2012 1:17 PM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is a very good movie. At the first sight it looks simplistic but it's really good retelling of the arabian tales tied to the life of a lightly-living man who is surrounded by wonders. While the one can say that it's focusing on the erotic scenes too much, the movie has very good animation and definitely is worth watching.
Goh'Dan
Dec 19, 2012 1:54 AM

Oct 2011
loved the hell out of this - like a tezuka manga brought to life on an acid trip through old-time arabic tales....also, that psyched-out fuzz drenched guitar music! only downside was that the overall flow was a bit jumbled feeling, but overall an excellent journey........
Mar 26, 2013 11:53 PM

Nov 2011
My favorite anime movie ever even if i'm alone on that opinion.
Jun 10, 2013 3:55 AM
Aug 2011
Wow, this was amazing. Loved the catchy fusion soundtrack and trippy animation like was mentioned. I was also very surprised at the depth of some of the characters, especially Alladin and how he slowly went from a guy who had fun fucking around with the system into someone no different from the stupid assholes who screwed him over in the beginning. Also I may be looking to deep into this but I saw the eroticism as poking fun at how shallow and emotion-driven people can be. Just brilliance all around.
Apr 11, 2014 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
I don't think I've ever seen anyone forget about the love of their life so fast! He sure gets though his women.

I really respect what they were attempting here, but I found this exhausting. It's fairly long, which would be ok, but for the majority of the time it's just paced with one thing happening after another, after another. They should've cut some bits down and developed the side characters more; as it is they just feel like scenery.

Overall, quite fascinating, but probably better suited to an OVA series.
Aug 29, 2015 3:21 PM

Jul 2010
Blackouting said:
I really respect what they were attempting here, but I found this exhausting. It's fairly long, which would be ok, but for the majority of the time it's just paced with one thing happening after another, after another. They should've cut some bits down and developed the side characters more; as it is they just feel like scenery.

Overall, quite fascinating, but probably better suited to an OVA series.

Agreed, I found the pacing horrible and way too dragged out being 2h 10mins long movie...
Aug 8, 2016 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
Soi this was apparently the first hentai according to this site
Nov 5, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
I just watched this anime for a second time, and it wasn't anywhere near as boring as it was the first time. Although most of the viewing was okay, things got a bit boring once we got to Sinbad. Anyway, most of the enjoyment came from two things: the bits of comedy and all the references to 1001 Nights. If anyone's wondering, this is a pretty loose adaptation of the text in the aforementioned sentence. The anime basically takes stuff from various stories from said text and puts them into a single story. My favorite scene from the viewing has to be when that woman takes Aladdin on a ride on that flying horse. My mind was blown as soon as I saw that horse, actually. Why? Because that was the ebony horse (it's from 1001 Nights and Chaucer also uses it in his Canterbury Tales).
Feb 3, 2019 12:36 AM

Aug 2015
I wasn't a fan of this one, thought it became more enjoyable for me once he came back as Sinbad due to the Greek tragedy kind of tone. The first half seemed like a series of vignettes and the whole thing feels too long.
Gee, a political novice who becomes king and immediately issue ridiculous laws to test the limits of his office and wants to use up the state's money building something pointless. No, that doesn't remind me of anyone in real life.
I don't understand how you could make a 1001 Arabian Nights adaptation and not have the genie in it, unless the pink 'magic being' was supposed to be one. Tezuka really showed off his furry streak through her though lol

Mar 31, 2020 4:15 PM

Aug 2017
That was way more fun than I expected, lol. Catchy soundtrack, trippy erotic scene on the island, real-life shots and 3D models, creative camera movement (especially regarding locations), that was a wild ride. Crazy, yet fun. Glad I've picked up the Animerama films.
St0rmbladeMar 31, 2020 4:21 PM
Feb 10, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2020
I avoided this movie ever since I started my hentai marathon because I didn't consider it to be an actual hentai and after watching it, I still don't. It's a pretty good old school movie though. I liked the detailed art style where every single person has a different face. Speaking of the details, this has some of the best looking drawn background scenery I have seen in animated media. Like for example some palm trees and rocks looked almost photo realistic in certain scenes. The animation is hit or miss. Sometimes it's the standard stiff animation and sometimes you get pretty smooth action scenes. The plot is fine, the arabic setting and characters sort of remind me of Aladdin.

For the year 1969 this is a pretty impresive looking movie. I haven't seen many 60's/70's animated movies but I'm sure most don't even come close to looking as good as this one. When it comes to H content though, categorizing this as a "HENTAI" is pretty misleading. All H scenes are either just nudity or implied softcore sex. I have seen PG 13 stuff that that was more explicit than this.

It was a very missed opportunity to not have any 69 scenes in a "hentai" from 69, smh. Now I have to wait 48 years to see an actual hentai fix this issue.
Currently on a every hentai ever marathon, from oldest to newest.
Oct 22, 2022 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
the best of the three out of this cleopatra and belladonna. Although seemingly the least popular.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Feb 21, 2023 7:13 AM

Oct 2010
very good movie with sexy chicks, mahdya and the majin were the best
6/10
Apr 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Dec 2015
I was afraid to run into some artistic boring overstretched stuff like Hells not so long ago, but this movie turned out to be much more entertaining than I expected, despite its length.
8 of 10 points.

More topics from this board

» unique sexy trippy animation

born2badored - May 13, 2010

0 by born2badored »»
May 13, 2010 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.