New
Nov 15, 2012 8:48 PM
Nov 2012
Yoshida_HaruNov 21, 2014 8:36 AM
Oi, Haru desu.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2012 8:53 PM

Sep 2008
I applied for job at CD-Project Red. it requires you move or live in Warshaw, if I got it (I doubt I will though) I would totally move there for it.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 15, 2012 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
I'd love to abandon the sinking ship that is the USA, but I doubt I could afford it.
Nov 15, 2012 8:57 PM

Mar 2012
Narmy said:
I'd love to abandon the sinking ship that is the USA, but I doubt I could afford it.

How expensive is Canada?
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Nov 15, 2012 9:09 PM

Aug 2012
Negative-Travis said:
Narmy said:

How expensive is Canada?

where i live i people rent from $300-500 a month :p and not shitty little apartments, homes with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, basement, living room, dining room, the works. downside id the town is small haha
"Reality can really bum you out" - Ash Ketchum
Nov 16, 2012 2:12 AM
Nov 16, 2012 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
Voted yes, but not because my life sucks. If your life sucks in a first world country, then surely your life will just suck worse if you just move to a place where:
1) you don't speak the language
2) has less safety/accommodations
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 16, 2012 2:34 AM
Jan 2012
Certainly not. However I do desire to live in Canada.
Nov 16, 2012 2:35 AM

Jun 2009
The idea that your life would be any different in another country, seems a little delusional. But if I were to, it would have to be another country which is generally socially liberal, places like the USA would be off the check list. Maybe Canada or something along those lines.
Nov 16, 2012 2:44 AM

Jun 2012
katsucats said:
Voted yes, but not because my life sucks. If your life sucks in a first world country, then surely your life will just suck worse if you just move to a place where:

Don't think so. If your life sucks it's better if you do something ( even if you have to run - there are situations when you can't do nothing more ) than sit on your ass and complain.

I thought about moving somewere and leave everything behind. My dream always was to make computer games ( in Ubisoft or BioWare especially ), but I don't think it will work - don't have so much potencial for this. Even so, if it would be any possibility it can come true - I would do that without even thinking.
Nov 16, 2012 3:00 AM

Oct 2012
If your life sucks, it is more likely that it has something to do with you, not the place where you're at. Moving doesn't address the real problem.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 16, 2012 3:09 AM
May 2007
Actually, I did do that. And I moved to Japan
Nov 16, 2012 3:16 AM

Jun 2012
katsucats said:
If your life sucks, it is more likely that it has something to do with you, not the place where you're at. Moving doesn't address the real problem.

No, sometimes it is because of people around you. As you can born in the pathology familly, want to run and start from the begining. It's critical situation but that happens.
Nov 16, 2012 3:21 AM

Oct 2012
Then it would suffice if you just move across town. But... if you say so...
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 16, 2012 3:30 AM

Jul 2012
My dream is to travel all around the world, never staying at one place. So yes, I would abandon but no, I wouldn't move somewhere else.
Nov 16, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2007
I don't have anything I'd be abandoning so...sure, I guess. As long as it had a taco bell nearby. I don't care how you might feel about it, it's my favorite, so I want one nearby.
Nov 16, 2012 5:08 AM

Jun 2012
Why would you guys want to live in Canada? Canada has nothing except free health care.
Nov 16, 2012 6:48 AM

Sep 2008
I really don't know, i'd like a lot to go living somewhere else, preferably a place wherein i could speak in english to improve my skills. I am seriously taking in consideration the opportunity to abandon my country to obtain pilot licenses, definitely cheaper abroad, but i am a little afraid. The foremost problem is that i am broke, so first and foremost i'd have to: find a job and save up as much money as i can (at any rate the amount would change depending on what i would work on and if i found something), afterwards start studying. In few words, i'd have to sweat blood.. i am a bit insecure. I'd like to know if this is my path.
From the other hand i am thinking to attend university but whichever faculty i'd choose between the ones i am interested in, it would be better to go away working.
Nov 16, 2012 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
No. I have a pretty comfortable life.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 16, 2012 8:24 AM
Nov 2012
Shadake said:

I thought about moving somewere and leave everything behind. My dream always was to make computer games ( in Ubisoft or BioWare especially ), but I don't think it will work - don't have so much potencial for this. Even so, if it would be any possibility it can come true - I would do that without even thinking.

I'm actually a Computer Games Programming student in Montreal, where you can find Ubisoft and Bioware. ^_^ IF you have any questions, ask me! I know pretty much everything in that subject, haha!
Oi, Haru desu.
Nov 16, 2012 8:30 AM

May 2012
Well, I know that I definitely want to at least experience living in a different country temporarily at some point in my life... just for the experience. :) Although, I'm not particularly happy with my current life either so I suppose that's just an added bonus; however, I'm sure that my ideal lifestyle of traveling all around just ~because won't be practical or within my finances.

If I had the oppurtunity to hypothetically snap my fingers and suddenly be in another country starting at "0" right now, I don't even know where I'd want to live... I don't really know enough about all of the other countries to feel comfortable going "yes, I'll spend the rest of my life here". I hear there's good food in France and Italy lol. Maybe one of those two.
Nov 16, 2012 10:11 AM
Oct 2012
My life doesn't suck or anything. But I would really want to move to a different country. Preferably a small town/village type place. It would be a new experience.

As to if that's realistic... I doubt it.
We have relationships with family and friends which would be hard to give up.
We are already so dependent on the lifestyle and resources which we have in our current lives, it would be hard to start again from scratch, unless forced!

that's what I think.
But all in all, I think maybe i'd wanna go to someplace in Africa or maybe even the countryside of Japan or something. Oh oh oh! I really wanna check out Lebanon or Ireland as well! could be a nice life there :)
Nov 16, 2012 10:17 AM

Sep 2011
w7y7a7t7t said:
Negative-Travis said:
Narmy said:

How expensive is Canada?

where i live i people rent from $300-500 a month :p and not shitty little apartments, homes with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, basement, living room, dining room, the works. downside id the town is small haha

Yeah, but from what I've heard, the taxes in Canada are pretty insane and so is the price of gas.

Back to topic - I don't think I would abandon everything. My family gets on my nerves sometimes. But I could never imagine myself just completely losing contact with them. I don't care about school: I'd abandon that in a heartbeat. My life can be boring sometimes, but that's just how things worked out for me. Another country... Would be fun. I haven't even traveled out of my own state. :P

Plus, thinking about it, it's hard to set yourself up in a new place. You might get swindled when you buy things in foreign places. Or you just might get lost. If I did wanna travel and have the means to do it - I would probably go to Egypt or Singapore.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Nov 16, 2012 10:42 AM

Aug 2012
I don't care where I am as long as I'm with my friends so... no. I wouldn't abandon everything just to go to another country.

How could you even go to another country if you abandon everything anyway? throw all your money away and you couldn't buy a plane ticket, or if you abandon your car then you can't drive. Baka.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Nov 16, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
Would I go live in another country? Most certainly.
Would I abandon "everything" forever, affections included? Obviously not.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 16, 2012 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
What is in it for me to live in another country? A very simple question.. If there is a beautiful lady and quite an amount of wealth possibly millions of dollars (legit money) waiting for me in another country, then yes.. I will abandon everything for it.. Otherwise, forget it!

I do not have any financial issues but the more money the better as the saying goes.. If living in another country means starting from scratch with no money attached, then forget it.. I voted no..
Nov 16, 2012 4:14 PM
Mar 2010
Abandon everything? Lol no thanks. Canada's the shit.

gigglingidiot said:
w7y7a7t7t said:
Negative-Travis said:
Narmy said:

How expensive is Canada?

Yeah, but from what I've heard, the taxes in Canada are pretty insane and so is the price of gas.
Gas is insane, but I never thought taxes were that bad. Specially if you've got a Native friend handy.

And what part of Canada do you live in w7? Dem prices.
mylovelyfateNov 16, 2012 4:18 PM

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Nov 16, 2012 5:34 PM

Mar 2011
I would like to see this thread with an extended poll that shows the countries of those who vote. Just for the sake of curiosity.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 16, 2012 5:44 PM

Dec 2009
Only if I was guaranteed a good job and shelter.

I don't mind moving anywhere. Even a third world country... as long as it's not Somalia.
Nov 16, 2012 6:16 PM

Nov 2007
I already did this, somewhat. I moved to Korea for 2 1/2 years and worked as an English teacher, basically leaving behind all my friends and family. I actually really miss it there!
Nov 16, 2012 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
I'd move to another country, but I wouldn't abandon everything.
Nov 16, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 2011
Kanic said:
I would like to see this thread with an extended poll that shows the countries of those who vote. Just for the sake of curiosity.

Ohhhh. Someone should make that into a thread. That would be interesting. I'm guessing most people here would probably pick Japan....

Still waiting for someone to completely agree to completely abandon everything.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Nov 16, 2012 7:41 PM

Jun 2008
I do it every few years, am a fucking expert at it. Getting tired though and hoping to settle down.
Nov 16, 2012 8:01 PM

Oct 2009
I believe that God and the Founding Fathers blessed me with the greatest nation on Earth, the United States of America. I was born an American and will die and American.
Nov 16, 2012 8:07 PM

Oct 2012
Nope. I'm satisfied with my current life. :3
Nov 16, 2012 8:07 PM
Nov 2012
RandomChampion said:
I believe that God and the Founding Fathers blessed me with the greatest nation on Earth, the United States of America. I was born an American and will die and American.

... LOL
Oi, Haru desu.
Nov 16, 2012 8:20 PM

Oct 2009
Yoshida_Haru said:
RandomChampion said:

... LOL

lol a Canadian.
Nov 16, 2012 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
gigglingidiot said:
Kanic said:
Ohhhh. Someone should make that into a thread. That would be interesting. I'm guessing most people here would probably pick Japan....
Actually, I think Kanic meant the countries people are from, not the country they would pick to restart a new life. Pretty much like a "I am from Spain" - "Why do you want to leave Spain?" kind of discussion, to see what issues your country might have for you to leave it.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 16, 2012 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
I'd go live where there is no civilization.
Nov 16, 2012 11:12 PM

Oct 2009
Prolefeed said:
I'd go live where there is no civilization.

Moon?

I wouldn't abandon my country, I love it's people very much, and all the stupidity they makes creates a good laugh everyday.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 16, 2012 11:27 PM
Jun 2012
the cost of living in my country is so high.... everyday you have to slog it out in order to make ends meet. i rather migrate to another country where i can live comfortably.
Nov 17, 2012 12:16 AM
Dec 2011
I want to live in another country not because my life suck because i want to live in no expensive country with lot of jobs
Nov 17, 2012 12:30 AM
Oct 2008
If the right opportunity was offered, I would up and move to another country. Not because I hate Australia but simply why not? I would take my family with me though so that probably doesn't count as abandoning everything.
Nov 17, 2012 5:53 AM
May 2007
OK. I will admit I did not really leave everything behind. I moved because I studied Japanese and double majored in East Asian Studies and Art History and felt I had no opportunities back in Arizona with my education. So I figure Japan was my shot at utilizing what I learned and expanding that first hand. I felt my life was going no where back home after college so I figure go somewhere and use what I learned and I do enjoy it. I'm hoping in the future I can go to either Korea or China.
Nov 17, 2012 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
katsucats said:

You may end up finding something more meaningful than your oh so cherished safety and mono-linguistic prevalence.
Nov 17, 2012 6:59 AM

Apr 2009
Montreal is gay,i want to live in a big a city.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 17, 2012 7:47 AM

Jun 2012
biitchstick said:

I didn't know cities could be homosexual.
Nov 17, 2012 10:43 AM

Jun 2012
RandomChampion said:

I certainly hope there was a huge hint of sarcasm here... although I'm planning to move to California (or to other State of that's not going to work out) I would never think this highly of the US and neither of any other country to be specific.

Okay Sweden is pretty cool and their system is awesome in comparison to many other countries (like ours and we're close neighbors with Swedes).
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Nov 17, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
biitchstick said:

You are living in the second largest metropolis of Canada, with more than 1,8 million of people living there. According to your criteria, what is a big city? A city with more than 2 millions of people?
Nov 17, 2012 11:08 AM

Aug 2012
Yes I would throw almost everything, no really everything, I would move away to a distant or not so distant country, and I plan to do so after I finish highschool, I only need my brain, everything else comes up with hard work, so yeah again, I would leave everything I currently have(not too many really) and start a new life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - 50 minutes ago

8 by Theo1899 »»
2 seconds ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by cody »»
19 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 8 hours ago

5 by cody »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

15 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
40 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

68 by shadowdownfall »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.