Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 15, 2012 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More flashbacks this episode.

Yoshino sure is a little popular but I like Mahiro a bit more especially his personality and those dart throwing skills. I'm not surprised that Aika still wants to know what kisses are. Somewhat emotional episode for me overall but I feel a little sad for Mahiro.
Nov 15, 2012 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
I find this episode as more of a relaxing one that mentions more of the past. It’s was quite rageful cause Aika is dead and seeing her past just makes it frustrating you can’t do much but enjoy it only with nothing to look forward of it since she is dead less they bring her back to life? The Tree of Genesis is known to make miracles so perhaps it can revive?

That being said the following,

Got me totally face palming at Mahiro for interrupting.

Then again in the following,
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2038/1353001105087_zps716af761.jpg
Aika does it on purpose not to kiss Yoshino and that’s where all hope is left out for now. Totally did not kiss him out of her own will this time. Perhaps her killing was done exactly due to having a virgin blood not tainted by anything and so a sacrifice of high magical value? Guessing here but certainly Aika is a playing around.

That’s why I tend to call her slutty but not cause of sex. Cause of going from one guy to another. Romantically for sure, many times she blushes with both guys. Surely that means something.

Well regardless the episode clearly showed more Aika goodness character wise with hints of sensuality.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 15, 2012 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
Again, previews are misleading. I was completely expecting something else from this episode.

It was interesting flashback and at least Aika is not the two-timer I thought she was. But I'm sure Mahiro did hear Yoshino calling Aika in his sleep.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Does anyone else get the feeling that this will only end up with 13 episodes?
Nov 15, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
Heh, knew she wasn't a slut :P

Anyways, it's hard to tell where this is going. It seems like its starting to wrap up, but the manga its based on its still ongoing so its impossible to tell.

Did anyone else feel like Aika knew something was going to happen?

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 15, 2012 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
It was pretty good, however the preview did feel misleading like what this guy said^ anyway feel free to check out my thoughts on the episode if you wanna see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDLclCbykU&feature=youtu.be

TashfinzNov 15, 2012 2:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2012 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
QuiGonJon said:

Did anyone else feel like Aika knew something was going to happen?

It seems like she knew, after all the theme of "everything happens for a reason" keeps reoccurring and it was her that said it first.

Maybe she didn't kiss Yoshino for that very reason?
Nov 15, 2012 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
I'm not sure why but I can't stand that Aiki, inf act I do. The relationship between the 3 of them is tense as she knows they both like her but she's nothing but a tease to both of them and has her secret relationship, it feels like they're treating Mahiro like a chump to me. At the very end it was badass how Mahiro had the gun pointed at Yoshino after he woke up mumbling Aiki which I wouldn't be surprised if he heard.
Nov 15, 2012 1:32 PM

Jul 2011
She didn't want to kiss him because she has a total boner for her niichan.

I'm starting to like her character less and less every episode. Mahiro and Yoshi already needs to get it on and get it over with.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Nov 15, 2012 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Yakirin said:
This anime is done so well. Anime-original episodes like this one don't feel out of place at all. I love seeing all the flashbacks, they shed a lot of light on the characters and their relationships. Loved this episode.

Y'all should read the manga, it's great.

This;)

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 15, 2012 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
TheLocalHentai said:
She didn't want to kiss him because she has a total boner for her niichan.

It's hard to tell what is going on in Aika's head but I think it was implied that she didn't kiss him because he wasn't man enough to take the initiative and kiss her first.
Nov 15, 2012 2:09 PM

Apr 2011
Yakirin said:
This anime is done so well. Anime-original episodes like this one don't feel out of place at all. I love seeing all the flashbacks, they shed a lot of light on the characters and their relationships. Loved this episode.

Agreed this anime has lived up to the hype IMO. And I will be checking out the manga pretty soon :)
Nov 15, 2012 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
After watching this episode, my first thought was that I feel really bad for Mahiro. All that stuff is going was behind his back. It just makes it worse that there was that stuff with Aika and Mahiro too. Poor kid.

This was a really nice episode though. I really love how this show is done!
Nov 15, 2012 2:15 PM

May 2011
Another flashback.

I found Aika quite interesting there.
Nov 15, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Aika is sooo cute :)
Nov 15, 2012 2:33 PM

Sep 2011
I honestly didnt care to much for this ep, to much flashback to little progress in present time, also oh god why does it look like the n ext ep is the start of a finale, thats moving way to fast

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 15, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Much Aika♥ flashbacks = great episode.I had a feeling she's not in any serious relationship with Mahiro, but i had some worries after seeing preview for this episode as well, so im really glad it turned out the way i wanted it to.I don't know what, but she have something that makes me keep loving her more and more.She's so intriguing.Yoshino and her make such an odd/great couple.
Anyway, next episode looks like start of the final? the hell, we are only in 7th episode.I hope it will have at least 24, because it deserves so.

5/5.
Nov 15, 2012 3:20 PM
Nov 2012
Yakirin said:

Its an awesome anime indeed :]
Nov 15, 2012 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
I still don't get it what is Aika trying to pull here, even she doesn't know who to choose, her bro or Yoshino.

Anyway next episode looks like it will be much better, action is back, Samon is going out so it should be pretty good.

And yeah I almost forgot, from now on, more Hakaze and less Aika please, leave the dead behind, thx.
Nov 15, 2012 3:51 PM
Nov 2012
^Some guys just can't ever get over what they could have had and just keep on reliving and reliving and regretting.
Nov 15, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I honestly didnt care to much for this ep, to much flashback to little progress in present time, also oh god why does it look like the n ext ep is the start of a finale, thats moving way to fast

I really don't think that the end will be anything like what we have been lead to think at this point.

This is one of the best shows of the season.
Nov 15, 2012 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
Pointless filler in my eyes..
All that we've seen was said or hinted before enough. Meh.
Nov 15, 2012 4:57 PM

Nov 2011
Hah i love this anime. I was a bit afraid it would turn out to be a mixture of a lot of different things that would eventually not fit together, but this episode just put the accent in the right place for me. I mean I can still feel the shounen in it and I do believe if this was a seinen would have been a total blast.
Nov 15, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2012
MahiroxYoshino yep yep yep.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 15, 2012 5:45 PM

Sep 2009
I'm sure it won't end in 13 eps. As I remember there are BD info for 25. tHe clearly just will have the end of the arc and some twist soon
Nov 15, 2012 5:46 PM

May 2012
I think Mahiro have a hunch that Yoshino and Aika are dating.. and his eyes when he pointed the gun to Yoshino was scary.. haha.. this anime is really intruiging and I like it:)
Nov 15, 2012 5:48 PM
Sep 2012
Hahahaha Yoshino cocked-blocked by Mahiro. LOL

Yoshino and Aika were so close too. Too bad that Aika decided not to kiss him the next day.

And boo at Mahiro and Yoshino ignoring those college girls to play darts. Just because Yoshino had Aika doesn't mean that he should ignore them. He should've given them a good time without leading them on while Mahiro is, well... Mahiro.
Nov 15, 2012 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
damn the love triangle is frustrating to watch, their is no conclusive decision of who are really the lovers
and i agree just give more screentime to Hakaze since she is easy to get lol
fucking Aika is hard to get or just playing hard to get
but Mahiro and Yoshino are indicisive or clueless idiots too anyway
degNov 15, 2012 10:26 PM
Nov 15, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2011
I like the backstory explanations. It gives a bit more depth to the characters, since they haven't had much character development yet. Aika's one enigmatic bitch. Can't figure her out at all.
Nov 15, 2012 7:12 PM

Apr 2012
okay episode i guess
mahiro is so annoying though jeez overprotective cock blocker
Aika still remains a big mystery. Hopefully she'll be of some importance when it ends. She seems very perceptive. Perhaps she knew she was going to die?

Nov 15, 2012 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
Could have done without the filler ep
Nov 15, 2012 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
They should've just had a 3-way during their trip to the summer house... would've solved a lot of the issues.

...I'm just sayinggg...

Next week looks intense!
Nov 15, 2012 8:58 PM

Jul 2009
Holy shit. What a perceptive woman. She's truly a gem!
Nov 15, 2012 9:30 PM
May 2012
This episode is totally dragging me into understanding Aika. That ending was just "Godammit why" Actually Im more drawn to aika and yoshino's relationship, plus that ending of aika not kissing yoshino made me more interested.
Nov 15, 2012 9:56 PM

Jan 2009
Didn't care for this anime original as it tried to play a little too much on that there's this supposed hidden behind the scenes love triangle. Needs to get back into the present and prepare us for the rather talkative episodes that I'm sure are to be coming up.

Also last time I heard this was going to be two cour.
Nov 15, 2012 9:58 PM
May 2012
This episode ‘first kiss’ but no kisses really?! Siblings = incest?!
Nov 15, 2012 10:00 PM

Aug 2011
BLARGHH AIKA
That is all.
Nov 15, 2012 11:18 PM

Jun 2012
The artwork in this episode was better than usual, I especially liked the stars at night and the sunflowers at the very end. It was also a good music choice to play the ED when Yoshino was being set up with the college girls.

Aika's a tricky one to read; Mahiro said it perfectly "I never know what she's thinking.." Isn't that all women though X D I liked the flashbacks this episode, seeing the characterization between all Aika, Yoshino, and Mahiro. So Mahiro unconsciously having feelings for Aika but not being to act on it, he gained some sympathy cred in my book. Regret is one of the worse feelings to have. I really cannot wait to see what happens when Mahiro finds out about Yoshino/Aika.
Nov 15, 2012 11:23 PM
Nov 2012
Only thing that I really liked in this ep was that purr that Mashiro sometimes has in his voice. He's one of the most distinctive, best-voiced, and interesting male characters I've seen in anime. The rest was averageish...
Nov 16, 2012 12:06 AM

Nov 2011
YAY, more flashbacks, just the way i like 'em......

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 16, 2012 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
Ramkec said:
And yeah I almost forgot, from now on, more Hakaze and less Aika please, leave the dead behind, thx.

Seconded. Sure Aika is kind of the one who started this whole conflict, but can we please focus more on the fact that the world is about to be destroyed than a dead high school girl and her love triangle? Thanks, much appreciated.
Nov 16, 2012 3:03 AM

Jun 2010
The anime decided to dive (even) more into the characters' past and feelings and it's okay by me, the anime-original episodes are really nicely done. But it seems the next episode the "First Finale" begins at last and trust me, it's going to be great.

I'm guessing Zetsuen will be 24 eps or 12 eps with a second season, because the story has a clear dividing line between the first and second half so far.
Nov 16, 2012 3:34 AM

May 2010
Aika might be Fujoshi...lol.
Nov 16, 2012 4:18 AM

Jun 2009
I don't really mind flashbacks but man, they dragged that out more than they could.
Nov 16, 2012 4:58 AM

Sep 2012
nantuko said:
Pointless filler in my eyes..
All that we've seen was said or hinted before enough. Meh.
I don't agree because I think it sheds very critical light on the relationship of the three main characters on top of Aika loving Yoshino but pretending to hate him level. Any "hint" we saw was more possibility than a clear hint for something definite. This episode really confirms or settles a lot about the past between the three which gave us a clearer understanding of the motives and relationship between Mahiro and Yoshino.

For example, only in this episode have we first heard Aika asking Mashiro to really treasure Yoshino as a friend and said he is the best complement for him, even saying he would be an ally to them no matter what happened (and remember to Mashiro Aika actually disliked Yoshino). Also only in this episode did we first hear Aika asking Yoshino to treasure Mashiro as a friend because she knew Mashiro would only have Yoshino as a friend but none others. And only in this episode we heard about Aika talking the real "drawback" Yoshino's character (although she presented as a reason that Yoshino could only get a "girl" like Mashiro, my guess is she actually quite like this "character flaw" of his).

And besides that, this episode also confirms...

Yumekichi said:

That’s why I tend to call her slutty but not cause of sex. Cause of going from one guy to another. Romantically for sure, many times she blushes with both guys. Surely that means something.
Slutty is the furthest I would call Aika. She knows what she wants but after this episode I am now sure she is not going for both Mashiro and Yoshino. The pic in your post is from Yoshino's dream anyway. The only shot of Aika approaching Mashiro a bit aggressively is because Mashiro asked for something a bit beyond "brother and sister relationship" so Aika challenged him that if he wanted her to be his woman. Mashiro fumbled at that question, apparently still stuck up in the sibling thinking. But he acted selfishly and tried to ask Aika not to get any boyfriend, which Aika just shrugged by saying what if she already had one (which is why Mahiro always said he knew Aika had a boyfriend). This also explains why Aika had to go to such length to hide her relationship with Yoshino and why Yoshino finds it so difficult to tell Mahiro about his relation with Aika.

Beside that one scene, everything we saw are Aika showering her love to Yoshino, from the date in the aquarium, buying the pedant, frequent mails, asking for first kiss, all those secret rendezvous... I am sure Aika only loves Yoshino, but she is also clearly aware of Mahiro's feeling towards her which he is still reluctant to say it is romantic, so Aika just lets that be the status quo (and as Yoshino observes, Aika does not dislike Mahiro's style anyway).

Ramkec said:
I still don't get it what is Aika trying to pull here, even she doesn't know who to choose, her bro or Yoshino.
I think it is clear that Aika chose Yoshino but she also did not want the closeness between the three of them to break down.

Actually I found this episode a very good one. I was surprised to see they would invest one whole episode in this 1 cour series just to dig in depth the past and relationship between Aika, Mahiro and Yoshino. If it is an anime original episode, then I really want to praise screenplay (Mari Okada) for the effort. The way it was written is moody and tightly constructed (the themes of stars, summer/winter, first-kiss, fate, initiative, timing are referenced more than once throughout the episode). It was filled with dialogues that actually showed an inner level of how the three thought about each other and their relations. I really love this episode.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 16, 2012 5:07 AM

Aug 2012
Another flashback episode. Although far better than the previous few.
Nov 16, 2012 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Ramkec said:

Actually about that...
Nov 16, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2010
KuroNoKenshi said:
Ramkec said:

Actually about that...

Or maybe less of them both.
Nov 16, 2012 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
Fuck this love triangle. My god.
Nov 16, 2012 7:36 AM

Oct 2012
I loved this episode. Zetsuen no Tempest is becoming one of my favorite anime of the season.
This episode had a lot of character development. The relationship of the 3 sure is complex. I can't possibly know what's inside Aika's head, but that is what makes her more interesting. She's awesome, one of my favorite characters.
I like Yoshino as well. Looks are deceiving. I think he might surprise us in the future.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Nov 16, 2012 7:42 AM

Jan 2012
zensunni said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

I really don't think that the end will be anything like what we have been lead to think at this point.

This is one of the best shows of the season.

I agree it is,but it's not getting close to the final lol only to a
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.