Forum Settings
Forums

Football (Soccer) thread of the season 2012-13

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 4:30 AM

Nov 2012
Bayern is playing great almost the hole season with exception from the match against arsenal. Bayern München is going to win the champions league mark my words.
Mar 21, 2013 5:21 AM

Jun 2009
johnyjohny said:
Bayern is playing great almost the hole season with exception from the match against arsenal. Bayern München is going to win the champions league mark my words.

It's hard too predict such things. A fully fit Bayern team is one of the top candidates for winning the CL with Barca, but that is when they are fully fit. Right now without Badstuber, Dante, Sweinsteiger and Ribery the Bayern squad is heavily weakened. I don't think a central defence with Boateng and Van Buyten is good enough to stop top attacking teams like Dortmund, Barca and Real Madrid.

You also need a little bit of luck, just like Real had against Man Utd or Chelsea last year. It's just too hard too predict. You have to consider a lot of various circumstances. No one expected the last year finals to be Chelsea-Bayern, with Chelsea eventually crownded the winner after seeing the semi-finals agenda: Real-Bayern & Barca-Chelsea.

Bayern is a great side with a good balanced team. A fully fit Bayern will destroy Juve, I'm sure of that, but I hope that will not be the case. Even the Juve strikers can make it difficult for the current Bayern defence with Van Buyten and Boateng ;).
Mar 21, 2013 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
Yang94 said:
johnyjohny said:

Badstuber, Dante, Sweinsteiger and Ribery the Bayern squad is heavily weakened.

Out of those Badstuber is actually the only one out with a serious injury. You never know with Ribery but Schweinsteiger and Dante should be fit for the match in two weeks.
Mar 22, 2013 5:10 PM
Mar 2012
As for predictions who is going to win now, I think Real is the favourite for obvious reasons if you have followed the Spanish La Liga, and Copa del Rey begin this month, though Barca should have just as much chance, they showed a lot of class against AC Milan, Borussia is probably not going to cut it, even though they defeated Shaktar with 2-0, they lost a few matches in the BundesLiga which should have been 3 points.

I am calling Bayern to flop in the final again.
Mar 22, 2013 5:25 PM

Mar 2012
I agree about Bayern flopping. Germans always flop in the final few rounds of tournaments.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 24, 2013 12:41 PM

Nov 2012
Anyone fancy PSG?
I personally hope they get smashed...Can't stand teams with players who join for the money. I laughed quite hard when City got thrown out in the group-stages as well.
Our space is unlimited.
My download speed is not. :(
Mar 28, 2013 3:15 AM

Jun 2009
SekiraX said:
Anyone fancy PSG?
I personally hope they get smashed...Can't stand teams with players who join for the money. I laughed quite hard when City got thrown out in the group-stages as well.

PSG doesn't stand a chance. Even with Ibra now ( he's allowed to play against Barca in the first match).

Real, Barca and Bayern are the favorites for me, even though I hope that Juve will beat Bayern upcoming thuesday.
Apr 2, 2013 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
So far, so good...let's see what the 2nd half brings.
Apr 2, 2013 1:26 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, how did Ibra get away with that? He was offside by a mile.
Apr 2, 2013 1:43 PM

Jun 2009
Yes! 2-0 vs. Juve!

Quite the good result to go into the 2nd leg, although nothing is won just yet. But with how Juve played tonight I honestly find it hard to believe they'd score 2 goals. But you never know...

2-2 PSG vs. Barca. Interesting result, 1 goal could be enough for Paris to actually make semi-finals but I still believe Barcelona's gonna make it.
Apr 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
Interesting games today....I wanted PSG to win, but it was awesome they got the tie in the literal last minute.

Oh shit....I just said Soccer was interesting! o_O
Apr 2, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2009
JustALEX said:
Interesting games today....I wanted PSG to win, but it was awesome they got the tie in the literal last minute.

Oh shit....I just said Soccer was interesting! o_O

What is this "soccer" you speak of? :P
Apr 2, 2013 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
Barca is so inconsistent these days. I hope whatever injury Messi has is minor.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 2, 2013 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
grandy_UiD said:
What is this "soccer" you speak of? :P

Oh lord, please don't start on this...

Baptism said:
Barca is so inconsistent these days. I hope whatever injury Messi has is minor.

I still think they're going to win....but yeah, very inconsistent.
Apr 2, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2010
Hoho, I knew it. Bye bye, Champions League, let's see again next year... I hope. Because if we keep playing as we played tonight even in Serie A, we may even end up in Europa League, haha. (Yes, Juventus' supporter here)

Really, I'm speechless. That goal right after 20 seconds literally killed us. Where in the world was Buffon watching? Oh, and i can finally scream this to the world... I don't like Pirlo! Absolutely! Oh, I said it. I hate how people keep saying "ah, he's great, he's magnificent, he's a super star!". Really, no. Recently it's like he forgot how to play SOCCER (yes, soccer). My score for him today is 2. And I hate how Conte (Juventus' coach) never wants to substitute him 'cause... well, he's Pirlo! You can't substitute him. Obvious, isn't it? Nevertheless, half of our players are basically Unidentified Running Objects, I understand it's difficult to find a replacement, lol.

Oh, well. Now, Bayern, please go and win this Champions League. Go and defeat those boring spanish and that (ugh!) damn PSG.
Apr 2, 2013 3:39 PM

Jun 2009
Bayern where just a class better. They dominated most of the game and had some great chances. The goals were a little unlucky though. First goal was deflected by Vidal's foot and second goal was a because of an error from Buffon. But Bayern deserved to win. They could've easily made 3 or 4 goals. Juve created only 1 or 2 chances. The difference in quality of the players was immense. Certainly in the attacking part. Juve's strikers are just not top level.

A lot of Juve's players did not perform well this game. Especially Pirlo, Bonucci, Matri and Quagliarella. Pirlo is getting old and you can see that. Pirlo cannot cope with high pressure that good anymore. He lost a lot of balls and had many wrong passes just like Bonucci. Normally his long balls are excellent, but in this game they were all bad. A lot of Juve players were not good, not only the ones I mentioned. Maybe because their lack of experience. Most of the players on Juve's side barely have any CL experience.

Clattenburg sucked in the second half on both sides. On Juve's side I didn't understand the yellow card for Lichtsteiner. He wasn't diving in my eyes and now he misses the return. Another case was the foul on Vidal by Ribery. He certainly deserved a red card there. If he had gotten a red card I would have more hopes on a good result in Turin, but unfortunately Clattenburg didn't saw the foul.

All in all Bayern were the better side though. I hope Juve can get a win at home, but I don't see them go through to the semi-finals. Only when some of Bayern key players get injured do I give Juve's some chances. Just like against Arsenal when Ribery and Schweinsteiger were missing at Bayern.

PSG - Barca result was unexpected, but I see Barca destroying PSG at home though.
Apr 3, 2013 5:46 AM
Mar 2012
As a kid, I always heard a lot about players like Ronaldo (old), Zidane and Beckham, I was pretty young back then, so my interest and attention span to properly admire players like these wasn't high enough, but now it is. And that I can still see one of those legends play the game at such a high level, amazing.

With that said, even though Ibra's goal was clearly offside, the overall result was to my feeling fair. Barca didn't have too much chances in the first half, and when they did, the lovely pass from D. Alves on Messi was just amazing, they took it. The first 15 min. PSG got dominated, but somehow survived, but then they really brought the pressure back on, there were numerous chances around the time Ibra scored, so if it wasn't this one, it would be another. They got lucky with their last goal, but in the end it was a the only fair thing. This will make the game in Barcelona really interesting.

As for that other game which I didn't watch, classy by Bayern, their last league game was also absolutely terrific, 9-2, vs HSV, which is not a weak team. I can't see Juve stopping them any more. But I am sure they will give it a go in the home game.

Tonight Real - Galatasary, which should be exciting to see. How will the Turkish club deal with the amazing individual players Real possesses. And the other (less exciting?) game, BvB - Malaga, which should be quite the clear result, a 2-0 or 3-0 is to be expected.
Apr 3, 2013 8:28 AM

Aug 2011
Go Bayern Munchen and Borussia Dortmund. I prefer German teams winning, rather than the Spanish ones.
Apr 3, 2013 12:35 PM

May 2012
Ronaldo so calm when taking that shot. Gotta love it.
Apr 3, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2012
Well played, Madrid.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 3, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
Good result for Malaga, an expected one from Madrid. Galatasaray never really put Madrid under any pressure. The referee's decisions were also quite bizarre, my favourite being the Modric yellow card.
Apr 4, 2013 6:18 AM
Mar 2012
Looking at the result Malaga - BvB surprises me. They have done well to hold their ground in their own stadium, but seeing how Shaktar got defeated in the away game, I won't see Malaga in the semis just yet.

As for the other game, Galatasary had it coming, though the odd decisions by the referee took me as well. Not that I would see the game that much differently anyway, but still, a penalty for Galatasary should have been given. Overall they played a tad to offensive, especially considering the prowess of Real's counters. And nice to see Sneijder absolutely sucks at Galatasary.
Apr 5, 2013 3:57 AM

Nov 2012
I can't decide who I hate more between PSG and Barcelona... I wanted both out of the competition now. :P I suppose I'd want PSG to go through more than Barcelona now, not by much though.
Our space is unlimited.
My download speed is not. :(
Apr 5, 2013 8:07 AM

Oct 2010
Karpman said:
Looking at the result Malaga - BvB surprises me. They have done well to hold their ground in their own stadium, but seeing how Shaktar got defeated in the away game, I won't see Malaga in the semis just yet.

As for the other game, Galatasary had it coming, though the odd decisions by the referee took me as well. Not that I would see the game that much differently anyway, but still, a penalty for Galatasary should have been given. Overall they played a tad to offensive, especially considering the prowess of Real's counters. And nice to see Sneijder absolutely sucks at Galatasary.

If you play too offensively against Real Madrid at the Bernebeu, you're going to have a bad time (South Park reference).

Sneijder is a huge flop... taking shots that never really put Lopez under any pressure, losing the ball too often in midfield, etc. Drogba was a better buy. His diving aside, he is still a great player for his age and, along with Lampard, are Chelsea's best players in their club history.
Apr 6, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
German Champions six weeks early!

Maybe if Bayern celebrate too much, Juve will have a chance on wednesday? Not like Heynckes or Sammer would let that happen though :D
Apr 9, 2013 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
Dortmund are on the backfoot after conceding a well worked goal from Malaga by Joaquin.
Apr 9, 2013 1:37 PM

Oct 2010
92ND MINUTE GOAL FOR DORTMUND! YES! YES!!! INCREDIBLE!
Apr 9, 2013 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
What. The. Fuck. Dortmund.

This is the best.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 9, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
I was watching that game thinking "No way Dortmund scores again." If a German team doesn't win it this year, then I don't know when one ever will.

"Football. Bloody hell."
Apr 9, 2013 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
LoneWolf said:
Apr 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2010
Wild game, Real Madrid vs Galatasaray, Game went Galatasaray way after ronaldo missed that chance in the 2nd, was good that he was able to get the last goal in.
Apr 9, 2013 2:28 PM

Jan 2013
DAT BORUSSIA
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
Apr 9, 2013 5:09 PM

Oct 2012
I caught the second half of Dortmund/Malaga and I ended up turning off literally like 30 seconds before Reus tied it. I ended up missing both goals... never turning off a game prematurely ever again.
Apr 9, 2013 11:08 PM

Jun 2009
Araby said:
What. The. Fuck. Dortmund.

This is the worst.

here, edited that for you xD

Damn Dortmunder, was so hoping they would lose :(
Apr 10, 2013 4:00 AM
Mar 2012
What a game. I pretty much said: "K, Malaga won this." I walked off, came in later, saw that it just became 2-2, watched for a bit, that win, damn. Football at its best. Glad BvB is through to the semis though, that first goal was absolutely awesome as well.

I heard Real panicked for a bit as well. 3-1 was the way to go, and I heard that Drogba was awfully close to a 4-1,well, a semi-final with the world's best atm is looking to happen. And I think it will be two German teams and two Spanish ones.

Tonight an (hopefully) easy win for Bayern, Arsenal showed that underestimating your opponent can get deadly though, so I hope they will keep focused. And PSG - Barca, this game is going to be awesome, I am just feeling it. Wonder if they will use Beckham again.
Apr 10, 2013 4:25 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't get to either watch the matches as I had a lecture when they were on, but I watched the highlights. Dortmund's first goal was fucking class. I even saw gifs of it floating around. And that comeback, Christ. Feel bad for Malaga though, when my team isn't involved I usually root for the underdog.
Apr 10, 2013 8:44 AM

May 2008
Ah man two amazing games last night, hopefully the games tonight can be close to as good. Well the team I was rooting for is out due to racsim lolz http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/10/malaga-owner-blames-exit-on-racism
Apr 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
Nabi123 said:
Ah man two amazing games last night, hopefully the games tonight can be close to as good. Well the team I was rooting for is out due to racsim lolz http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/10/malaga-owner-blames-exit-on-racism

So he's blaming the offside goal on racism? I think he's just bitter here, now isn't he? Not to mention, Malaga's second goal was also offside, but no complaints about that. I think he's just bitter because of the way they lost.
Apr 10, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
Messi's like "fuck this shit, I want in NOW!"
Apr 10, 2013 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
Messi coming in like a boss. Can he make the difference, though?
LoneWolf said:
Apr 10, 2013 1:13 PM

Mar 2012
What a hit. Pedro absolutely drilled that.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 10, 2013 1:40 PM

May 2012
Araby said:
What a hit. Pedro absolutely drilled that.
Can say that again lol. The setup by Villa was so good.
Apr 10, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
PSG played well, but Messi made the difference. I assume Juventus were poor, losing 4 - 0 to Bayern on aggregate.

Real Madrid, Barca, Dortumund and Munich... looking forward to the semi finals.
Apr 10, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
Germany on one side. Spain on the other. Please let this happen on Friday.
Apr 10, 2013 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
TravSavage said:
Agreed. This would be so epic.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 10, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
Araby said:
TravSavage said:
Agreed. This would be so epic.

Hoping for Dortmund/Barca and Munich/Madrid games here.
Apr 10, 2013 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
I just really want to see Dortmund v Munich on this stage. It could happen in the finals, but that seems a lot less likely, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Apr 10, 2013 1:56 PM
Mar 2012
I am inclined to agree with you spyro. Those two match ups would be completely awesome. A Dortmund, who plays with quick combination football, which is somewhat what PSG did when they had the chance. A Real - Bayern game would be awesome as well, I think I would love it to end with a Bayern - Barca game in the finals, since those are the two best teams of the world now. Though I am not sure where Real is in this equation.

Also, I forgot to mention it in my last post, but that first goal in the match against Malaga by Dortmund. One of the best ones in the CL so far.

Haven't seen the Juve - Bayern game, and I think I am happy I didn't. This game was pretty awesome, it looked for a while that the French were going to cause a huge upset, Messi seemed to make the difference playing past a few PSG players a number of times. Just pure world class.
Apr 10, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2012
Probably going to be Barca vs Dortmund an Real vs Bayern. Since Fifa is corrupted and want's a big finale with either Barca vs /Bayern or Real so they can cash.
Apr 12, 2013 4:28 AM

May 2008
Barca vs Bayern and Madrid vs Dortmund. Could be a all Spanish or all German final. I just can't help but feel that Bayern are going to destroy Barcelona. I can't see how their weakened dfence will be able to stop Bayern's attack. As for the other semi it should be a great tight game with Ronaldo pulling Madrid through.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.