Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 21, 2014 12:52 AM
Apr 2011
Skrooz said:
PERFECT, this is how the episodes should keep rolling out.

There is nothing worse than a protagonist without motivation, Kogami officially has it, and for a solid reason as well. Subtle effects of the toll on (main character forget her name) have been showing, and I expect her meeting with her friends and her condition to represent her state, which is a good indicator. There are references and symbolism everywhere, and knowing the writer, that.. piece of art probably has a resemblance to the society that exists in this show. The pace was consistent, and we can already tell the main villain is motivated, he wants to crush the Sibyl system from the inside out. This is a prime example of a lawful evill villain; one of the best kinds, because from his view his objective is just.

-lawful evil description http://easydamus.com/lawfulevil.html

-Just to compare where he is in comparison to other villains-

huh? wouldn't that make him chaotic good?
Apr 8, 2014 11:38 AM
Jun 2013
Man that was a vicious kill.I feel bad for the non important character since her life was already crap and now shes dead.Cant wait to see this chick get axed.
Apr 21, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
May 6, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
Creepy episode! D:
Well, the ending was kind of weird....

LOL! Weird case to figure out....wonder how she "makes" the people "transform" like that.....creepy... :/

Can't wait to see this case unfold! x3
May 26, 2014 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
rewatching

So there's a holographic fountain covering a big HOLE in the ground... is that really going to keep people from falling in?
Jun 17, 2014 1:11 AM
Apr 2014
I was already convinced she was a crazy bitch the second she walked into that library.
Jun 26, 2014 12:14 AM

Apr 2014
LOL @ akane laughing at "are you in love?"
drunk kagari is cute too.

this ep: major nbc hannibal vibes lol except less intense
Aug 1, 2014 11:53 AM
Aug 9, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2013
So we learn the reason behind Kougami's demotion. Man after seeing a friend who got brutally killed like that it's no surprise.

That Shakespear girl is pretty nuts. Her idea of art is really fucked up.

The corpse/art may get Kougami into a frenzy if he sees it as more concrete proof of the return of his friend's killer.
Aug 22, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2014
This is getting pretty creepy. O_o This anime is fantastic! :D Everything is put together so well.
That statue in the ending was just sick. Why do I have the feeling is not made of stone..
Sep 2, 2014 1:36 AM

Jul 2014
BurntJelly said:
rewatching

So there's a holographic fountain covering a big HOLE in the ground... is that really going to keep people from falling in?

i was wondering the same thing..not sure i understand how holograms work in their universe lol
Sep 3, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2013
Well that was disgusting.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 10, 2014 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
TicklingThoughts said:
Dat creepy painting.
Dat creepy statue.
Dat psychotic girl.
Dat main antagonist.
Dat "feels" about Kougami's past.

taketori said:
Interesting to see how the cases were being tied together, and I'm wondering how this will link to Kougami's past.

This episode was amazing. The ending gave me chills!
Oct 18, 2014 4:09 AM

May 2013
With Ginoza's father and Kougami's dream about Sasayama, we're getting some backstories! (^_^)

So Makishima is behind everything.
He's the mastermind of even the latest case which involves Rikako killing her classmates and making them into statues.
He's probably also the mastermind behind the unsolved case which made Kougami a latent criminal with high Criminal Coefficient.

Despite the sick stuff happening, I will continue on!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Nov 2, 2014 1:16 PM
Jul 2018
finally a great episode
Nov 16, 2014 12:09 PM
Dec 2013
probably the best episode so far
hopefully the quality remains consistent
Nov 18, 2014 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
Lol! Miyuki Sawashiro's voice is orgasmic while voicing Shion. :D

Nov 20, 2014 1:22 AM

Oct 2013
I'm pretty sure I got the gist of everything, but I found this episode surprisingly difficult to follow.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 20, 2014 11:26 PM

Jan 2014
I'm surprised this isn't tagged as a psychological anime here
on MAL. Because this is frigging mind-boggling!! ^____^
Dec 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Those paintings were creepy. The one girl is right not to trust her and her dead eyes lol.
Feb 15, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2007
Well that was an abrupt ending. From what I get from this episode, there is one guy behind the factory drone incident and the one with the guy stealing the avatars. Kougami thinks his old case that ended with this enforcer dying is related to the current cases. I don't know if that's true. It seems like Makishima, the guy with the white hair, is involved in both cases since they're both connected. Mainly because he was working with the two other people in last case and he was talking to the painting girl in this one.
Mar 14, 2015 1:05 AM

Apr 2011
What a shocking episode! The show is picking up for me. That senpai has a gore fetish, but does beautiful work of displaying it, I grant her that. I wonder how she pull a face one, on an enforcer? I'm thinking sex act, lure him in, drug him up and finally, chop him up!

Aug 5, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
A disturbing yandere yuri crime show this turn out to be.
Aug 5, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2015
Interesting, but kind of hard for me to follow.

Now that we know Kougami's past a little bit more, it would seem to me that this will all come full circle back to the case he was working on that caused his demotion.

This new art girl is creepy... ★ 4/5
Oct 1, 2015 11:29 AM

Mar 2014
That statue made me spit out my coffee
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 30, 2015 11:01 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Elite60 said:
What a work of art created by the Senpai. No doubt she's abnormal.

i just love this show

Nov 29, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
... so tired of Shakespeare in anime /sigh
Jan 5, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2015
I'm confused about the new "art" popular girl.

Interesting episode.
Jan 8, 2016 4:09 AM

Feb 2015
This was ALOT to try and take in after only being up for half an hour. Note to self to wake up more before tackling Psycho-Pass!

Good stuff as we meet sick-ass Oryo and get further info into the Specimin Case. I enjoy the slow burn feel of the series as they do a decent job of juggling all the characters they have created so far, taking us back to drone worker Kanehara and Akane's two lunch pals Funahara and Minase.

Just kidding. Let's watch the next one!
Jan 8, 2016 4:13 AM

Feb 2015
Zadion said:
I'm pretty sure I got the gist of everything, but I found this episode surprisingly difficult to follow.

You're not alone there. They throw an absolute shit-ton at you in 25 minutes.
Feb 3, 2016 11:56 AM
May 2013
The moment I saw the painting I knew it was going to be ugly .
Mar 8, 2016 6:02 PM
Jul 2015
wow wow wow, 3 cases in one episode?! It could be cool if all three were tied together somehow.
Apr 20, 2016 9:37 PM

Mar 2015
Well of course it's tied up together. Otherwise it would be a bad filler cases like what happened with Hell Girl.

That yuri killer girl is scarily looking at another dimension. Totally.

Aug 31, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
I somewhat get being able to avoid being detected by scans and such, as there is no stress or anything involved in these crimes, at least not for the ones committing it..

But being able to place a body and tons of roses etc. below a hologram of a public fountain? While it wasn't visible when active, someone still had to transport the body and spent quite some time arranging it.

Maybe they should cut back on hologram use, both public and private..
Jan 17, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
So, Ginoza has been pretty useless so far.

He's always disagreeing with Kogami and treating him with contempt, yet Kogami's the one doing all the solving and figuring stuff out.

All Ginoza does is ask questions to look like he's doing something xD
Jan 29, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2016
So that is the chief I wonder who is Ginoza father and the chief is his mother, so Tsunemori can drink well even it was her first time, that poor girl she was killed so bad.
Apr 23, 2017 1:25 PM
Apr 2017
A lot of things happened this episode... Due to breaks between sorting out everything that happened, this episode took me twice as long to watch XD

But it has picked up and I hope it will continue like this :)

It was completely worth it with a "drunk" Ishida.. That was great XD
Jun 19, 2017 9:37 PM

May 2013
OH MAI GAAAAHHHHHH, it's the Specimen Case!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<

I didn't really recognize it at first, but that girl with the pigtails was displayed underneath the water fountain holo. The drawing of the girl had cuts on it. DAS SOME CRAZY SHIT YO.

That first painting looked like a titan lmaaaoooo XD
Sep 3, 2017 6:07 PM
Jan 2012
All that poor girl wanted was help.
Dec 27, 2018 2:59 AM

May 2016
So this Makishima guy stalks mentally-ill people and approaches them with the proposition of materializing their wildest and most grotesque fantasies as if it was a deal with the devil. Their motives alone are of some primal obsession with something like revenge and passion but paired with the provided methods and the overall product, these kills are very gruesome and creative.

Seeing someone you know getting killed like that is enough to leave anyone shaken even if their job is to literally blow people up. The whole Specimen Case proved to be too much for Inspector Shinya and that was unfortunate.

Shakespearean Senpai's a loon for art and her twisted art-pieces are proof enough of her savagery. No wonder her eyes had the thousand yard stare all the time.

Jan 24, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2018
This is getting more and more interesting as I watch it. I'm interested in knowing how they cheat the Psycho-Pass scanners. Also, this was pretty sick, the way the girl was killed. But by doing so, aren't you basically signing off with the same calling card? That's either pretty dumb, or pretty dang cocky.
Mar 20, 2019 6:50 PM

Nov 2016
Great episode. We got more info regarding Kogamis past and I like how the plot is shaping up.

It was a bit predictable, but I got Dexter vibes which is a good sign :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2019 3:55 PM
Oct 2018
I knew there was something sus with that chick.
that was sorta creepy too lowk
Apr 17, 2019 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that Makishima helped Kanehara too,

What a creppy art Oryo has.

We know more about how Kogami turned into an Enforcer. Sasayama has a grotesque death scene lol

Good episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 4, 2019 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
si like the truth of kogami is out ...nice back story
Jul 7, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2018
So Kagari,Masaoka,and Kogami are old buddies ,I guess.

Kogami had some wild guess there about the enemy mastermind's goal. I hope this isn't a plot conveninece.

Well art could be wild sometimes, but damn.....
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Nov 13, 2019 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
What an episode! I have enjoyed every episode up to this point but this one really landed a hard hook of an ending punch that I cannot wait to see what unfolds next :D

That opening of the incident that haunts Kougami to this day was really well done! We have been getting bits and pieces to a larger conspiracy for several episodes and each individual criminal is a mere ripple caused by the stone tossed by our main villain; by the literature he reads he might be trying to sow chaos in a way to rebel/cripple this system encasing their modern world but we will have to wait and see!

Akane has been growing on me I really liked how she has talents and strengths but still makes mistakes and missteps needing aid from other officers in her department and her facial reactions are so very amusing they can be both hilarious and adorable 🤗

But the true show stopper this episode would have to be Ouryou and her unsettling artwork! Actually her artwork is simply beautifully breathless! I am sure stable minded individuals such as Hannibal Lector and the Cenobites from Hellraiser would recognize it as the true work of art it is ^-^

Poor Yoshika 😢 she had been suffering silently for quite some time and she looked up to Ouryou admired her outer merits and grace she hoped that confiding in her senpai might just help set her free from this private hell she cannot seem to escape from so she could finally find her true smile once more. Ouryou smelled this blood in the air and like a serpent set her sights on her vulnerable art piece. Rest easy now Yoshika I am sorry someone was not able to save you from this fate 😔

Ouryou when she talked about Titus was truly hair raising and severed to foreshadow her artist aesthetic! Speaking of which it seemed like her work of body art is adorned with roses wherever cuts have been made on the body hence the roses on her cut off arms, legs, neck and the ones in her stomach/womb area; I believe the rose in her mouth is meant to signal her tongue has also been cut out. It also appears her legs and arms were swapped and resewn with her legs having a lot of blood rush to them before being put in place and her arms being fully drained of blood and coiled together. Truly bone chilling but one hell of a way to end an episode!

Mar 5, 2020 1:08 PM

Aug 2007
I think this episode is telling me to watch something with yuri next. It's been a while...

Mar 8, 2020 1:25 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
"Art"... what a gruesome display of craftsmanship...

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

May 22, 2020 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
The pieces are coming together! :D
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Yesterday, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.