Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2012 11:36 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The animation jump from old to new is still very jarring, but there was a lot more new footage in this movie than the first. I thought it was a very good shortening of this part of the series, but I think the cut a lot out of Africa and the arc with Four, or maybe I have my timeline mixed up.

Either way this was very good.
WolfWood37Jan 27, 2014 2:01 AM
Nov 12, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2012
It did seem like the Africa arc was cut pretty heavily, but the Four section was almost completely intact and very well done. It was more touching than in the original series, imo.
Jan 27, 2014 1:15 AM

Mar 2012
Hate how they cut out a bunch of stuff, makes it all look rushed. Also this movie reminded me how crappy the romance was in Zeta....
Jan 27, 2014 2:02 AM

Jul 2008
xAvengerx said:
Hate how they cut out a bunch of stuff, makes it all look rushed. Also this movie reminded me how crappy the romance was in Zeta....

Romance in nearly all Gundam series is like that I'm afraid.
Jun 4, 2014 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
they just rushed what was probably the most rushed part of the original series.
xAvengerx said:
yeah the romance in the tomino gundams was just horrendous, though i kind of liked uso and shatki from victory cause it was way more laid back.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 14, 2015 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
Not as good as the first movie. I didn't find the romance interesting.
Apr 25, 2016 7:51 AM

Dec 2015
The transition to movie length was more abrupt than for the first movie. From the 18 episodes, only a few survived like in ANT I but I felt like a lot more was missing.
What?! Four is dead? The TV series didn't show her fall, so I had assumed she was still alive. Nice

The good points are the same as "Heirs to the Stars":
- the awkward dialogues/lines were absent (but they were also less frequent at this point in the TV series),
- same thing with the "corrections"
- a lot less battles (most of them removed, some combined),
- almost no Beltorchika !
- no Katz or Fa antic
- the introduction scene of the Axis woman made a far stronger impression than the original one,
- some reworked scenes are very good (ex: Reccoa's tentative with Char is even clearer, Sarah's escape because of the kids...)

Negatives would be:
- the story seems "broken" because of several missing/modified parts (ex: the rewrite of Reccoa's interest in Guru Paptimus is very strange, there is reason anymore for it)
- almost no Amuro q_p (but that's not an objective bad point: he was not needed during this period in the series and was more fanservice than anything)
- some voices are so different (Sarah for example)

Personal enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 6/10 (probably 7 as a stand-alone movie trilogy but I take the original series into consideration)
Rei_IIIApr 25, 2016 8:56 AM
Mar 4, 2017 2:07 PM

May 2012
Another pretty solid recap of the second part of the series! Pretty lovely how they manage to put these into 1:30 hour movies!
Looking forward to see what the third and last recap movie will showcase!
RafaelDeJonghMar 4, 2017 2:13 PM
Aug 18, 2019 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
The way the cut things from the middle of some scenes made it hard to follow at some parts. Several times I looked away for a minute to say something to my friend and came back saying "whoah, how did we get all the way here??"

Definitely better than the first movie, but not by much. Also with how many bs dialogue scenes they reanimated this time the whole last movie better be reanimated.
Sep 14, 2019 10:01 AM

Feb 2017
Didn't enjoy it as much as the first movie, but still fine. Cuts seemed more awkward here than in the previous movie.
Aug 28, 2020 7:28 PM

Sep 2010
Rei_III said:

- some voices are so different (Sarah for example)

Could be multiple reasons, but her actress didn't die until 2016 so its not because she passed away. Probably was unable to come back for the role.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 8, 2021 12:16 PM

Aug 2017
This recap is worse than the first, they keep Sarah stupid bomb episode while omitting important character development for Reccoa. 3/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Feb 2012
Currently available on GundamInfo legally:

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.