Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 15, 2012 2:14 PM

Jul 2010

Robert89Nov 15, 2012 2:27 PM
Nov 15, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2011
Spoiler tags would be nice.
Type [Aspoiler] at the begining and [/Aspoiler] at the end of the pic but without the A and you get this:

It makes it easier for everyone, especially when using such bigass pics.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Kanic said:
Spoiler tags would be nice.
Type [Aspoiler] at the begining and [/Aspoiler] at the end of the pic but without the A and you get this:

It makes it easier for everyone, especially when using such bigass pics.

Sorry about that.The two Zero Squad members,remind me alot of those two SNK characters.
Robert89Nov 15, 2012 2:37 PM
Nov 15, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2008
What I'm seeing right now is.

- 5 0th division captains
- Juha Bach seeks "5 War potentials" (Who oddly enough, each "potential" so far, is shown to possess abnormally high levels of reiatsu)

. . . Anyone else see a pattern here?
Nov 15, 2012 6:33 PM

Nov 2009
Shouichirou said:
What I'm seeing right now is.

- 5 0th division captains
- Juha Bach seeks "5 War potentials" (Who oddly enough, each "potential" so far, is shown to possess abnormally high levels of reiatsu)

. . . Anyone else see a pattern here?
Hitsugaya will fight the one that is supposed to be stronger than the one Ichigo fights and win even though by all logic he should have died horribly?

;)
Nov 15, 2012 7:14 PM

Apr 2009
Ehh, something tells me that Ichigo's bankai will either be 1. restored due to 'odd circumstances' or 2. Ichigo will have a new, much more powerful bankai
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Nov 15, 2012 7:59 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't like how they seemed so carefree and full of smiles. I would've preferred a more serious look to fit the atmosphere.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 15, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
The middle guy is mostly based upon budhist warrior monk archetypes(one can even see monk prayer beads around his neck in that panel), case in point, Shi De Chao, also known as one of the more eccentric and controversial figures in martial arts:

Its generally the likeness that is used to portray warrior monks in video games nowadays too:
AhenshihaelNov 15, 2012 9:01 PM
Nov 16, 2012 2:14 AM

Jul 2009
Zatoichi said:
I didn't like how they seemed so carefree and full of smiles. I would've preferred a more serious look to fit the atmosphere.

I think it's supposed to show a contrast between how the zero division and the rest of the Gotei 13 see the situation. It's like Kubo saying that these guys are psychos that grin in the face of apocalyptic level danger. They're on that next level shit XD
Nov 16, 2012 6:16 AM
Feb 2012
Once we see Squad Zero in action there should be a lot less complaints about their looks.

My guess on how they will fight

Fat Chick---Berserker
Yakuza--Strategist
Beard--The Mario
Hot Chick--Poison/Illusions
Glasses--Elemental

Also Fat Chick will be Kirio Hikafuda
Nov 16, 2012 6:53 AM
Nov 2009
I guess if Unohana was the next oldest after Yama-ji then she must be like the Madonna of Soul Society.

The Gotei 0 wasn't as cool looking as I thought but maybe they'll get cooler when we see them fight.

Still wondering if we get to see Yoruichi soon.
Nov 16, 2012 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
The Spartan- mean Zeros are here !

not even gonna question Kon though..
Nov 16, 2012 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
Been waiting so long to see the Royal Guard / Squad 0 :S

I'm glad they've finally arrived, hopefully will be able to see how powerful they are in the next battle occurs, I'm guessing they are all around the same strength as Yamamoto.
Nov 17, 2012 11:54 AM

Mar 2008
Wait, wait wait...

Tensa Zangetsu can't be repaired despite Ichigo actually having become zangetsu himself?

Surely that would imply a.. if not stronger, then equal level of bond like Wolf Captain and his zanpakuto spirit...
You'd think therefore, that Ichigo would be able to repair his as well right?

Seems like Kubo's trolling us again.
Nov 17, 2012 1:43 PM
Mar 2012
Now I know what the 0 stands for. Those fodder faces can't be taken seriously. And yeah, I bet the spirit king will look like the one from shaman king, seeing as how original kubo can be
Nov 18, 2012 1:59 AM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
Not a clown make-up. kitsune mask motif. Which pretty much means she is Hikifune(since word hikifune is a play of characters on word kitsune). Such a make-up is not uncommon for owners of high-class brothels and the like.

pompadour style of hairstyle is VERY common amongst yakuza members(especially amongst chinpira, as in yakuza-in-making). Its generally a VERY good advice to avoid people with such hairstyles in Japan and to fear them. If you are a foreigner you are sure to get a few bones broken.

The third one has a traditional budhist warrior monk look, which yet again represents authority.

The fourth one is a gang-version of yamato nadeshiko look - shorter version of the same hairstyle, etc. Not that uncommon amongst female gang members, especially in the past.

The fifth one has a traditional new-age japanese mobster/businessman/celebrity look, especially in movies(for example in Ryuji). Its a mix of traditional Italian mobster look, yakuza hairstyles and american new-age gangster glasses.

So yeah, so far, each RG member is designed in a way to remind of unquestionable (negative) authority figures of japanese culture, which contrasts with more "oldschool bushido code" character designs of rest of SS.

It might be a culture shock for some people, but a major reaction in japan in regards to people dressed that way would be to run the fuck away.

After reading this appearances explanation. if i post a TL;DR. It should be something like this.

Those looks are just like a gang of thugs. Avoid them at any cost.

I guess that's explains why many peoples are disappointed because most of them were expecting to see a group very honorable shinigami's, who serve directly under soul king and will help Ichigo and co in upcoming battles. Not a group of gangsters.

Also i wonder if people really don't know how japanese gangsters look like unless they're pretty new to anime/manga.
Nov 18, 2012 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
So we finally get further into the story of bleach and the mysteries bout the soul king that has been hidden from us since the damn beggining of the series.

I say its bout DAMN TIME!!

Still i wonder why they consider them selfs such elites that they didn't do shit to stop aizen or arancars from destroying soul society, or worse yet, the quincies they are the rulers of their own kingdom, that is just nonsensical story telling to me. If they are so damn godly, why not do something bout it, now they are looking at their city in shambles, yeah that makes sence.

Nov 18, 2012 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
Han-yuu said:

After reading this appearances explanation. if i post a TL;DR. It should be something like this.

Those looks are just like a gang of thugs. Avoid them at any cost.

I guess that's explains why many peoples are disappointed because most of them were expecting to see a group very honorable shinigami's, who serve directly under soul king and will help Ichigo and co in upcoming battles. Not a group of gangsters.

Also i wonder if people really don't know how japanese gangsters look like unless they're pretty new to anime/manga.

Well yeah. But it could be completely opposite - Kubo may be playing with your way of seeing things. By making them look like a most basic thugs who get easily beaten in every other series(I see that Kubo cleverly haven't use that most common "7" hairstyle, when thugs from the street appeared in Bleach before) when they'll actually be a SS trump card.
Or they look like generic shit because they will be defeated easily, so Kubo didn't bother. I especially don't like the generic hot chick - the same case like in Fullbringers group - I don't even remember the name or powers of that one.
Pick your choice.

While I don't like at all this design of the legendary 0 division(btw. In my opinion, character design from the fb arc and after it has been in decline), I still wait to see where Kubo is going with them, they may turn out to be interesting characters if Tite'll allow them to do something meaningful and give them personality.
PutyNov 18, 2012 4:39 PM

Nov 19, 2012 8:08 AM

Mar 2011
So.... is Ichigo going to get a redesigned Bankai? I guess Kubo has had some ideas playing around since Zangetsu has had the same design since the bankai was revealed 400 odd chapters ago (nearly 8 years)!

Also, good to see Kon again!
Nov 19, 2012 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
This show has so many underdeveloped characters , yet they have to introduce another gazilion of them every arc :/ I didn't really like the design of the Zero division, I mean common: Adele, a random villain from Beelzebub, a mad lumber, a soi-fon lookalike and some guy that looks so stupid I can't even thing of anything witty. Oh and since now after 516 chapters we get to know that destroying the zanpaktou is actually a big deal, my money is on another training arc, won't really be surprised if the bad guys will kidnap one of the main characters in the meantime.
Nov 19, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
I was expecting stylish characters but it's okay, I'm curious about their powers since they're way stronger than gotei 13. Also I'm getting a feeling that Ichigo will get somehow envolved into a fight with them, I cant wait to see the all hybrid ichigo in action anyway. This chapter was indeed precious in information.
Nov 19, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2007
The fact that the characters don't have the same originality to them like all the other characters in bleach, makes them much more mysterious and unique.

I actually love the designs, they are very different and some of them i can tell have been ripped from other artists, its pretty evident that these designs were not created by kubo.

Nov 20, 2012 6:42 AM

Jan 2012
This should be.....interesting...
Nov 20, 2012 8:43 AM

Jul 2009
Retcon. Retcon everywhere.
Nov 24, 2012 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
Zero Squad looks like they came out of One Piece! xD
Apr 8, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2013
dammit tite i had a feeling youd make the zero squad all douchey-looking. ah well, ichigo makes up for it in upgrades lol
Jun 4, 2013 6:20 AM

May 2012
Konsama the King of NY.

DAT new female kyara.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 23, 2014 3:15 AM

Oct 2013
Let's see how powerfull is the zero squad.

Aug 25, 2016 5:34 PM
Dec 2014
I don't like the design of the squad 0 at all
Sep 14, 2016 5:22 AM

Jun 2016
The Zero division, i heard they are shit though!
Ichigo's Zanpakuto :/
Jun 8, 2017 11:54 AM

Feb 2013
Zero Division to the rescue!
Dec 14, 2021 8:21 AM

Nov 2019
I was wondering where Kon ended, and there I have my answer! Glad to see him.
More characters introduced… yay.
Sep 7, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2021
Kon's back and yeah he looks different, like really different. Also we get to see the captains of squad zero!!
Oct 29, 2022 6:52 PM
Oct 2020
So reinforcement are here. So these five are the 0 division. Are they stronger than even Yamamoto? I wonder which lady is the former squad 12 captain?

also Kon!
RexnihiloOct 29, 2022 6:56 PM
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 AM

Dec 2022
wow. asspull olympics happening here
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.